PDA

View Full Version : New Punch-Out Wii trailer

joshnickerson
03-23-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm... actually excited for this. I was never a fan of the NES game, but I'm probably gonna check this out...

http://gonintendo.com/?p=76574

joedick
03-23-2009, 06:59 PM
I almost cheered when I saw the bike riding scene. Hopefully the game is more than just nostalgia. I'm looking forward to this one.

Superman
03-23-2009, 07:44 PM
It's looking good, at least for me. It's a new twist on an old game and Mike Tyson's Punchout is one of my favorite NES games. I don't usually like what Nintendo does by releasing the same game over and over (although I understand it from a business perspective), but this looks like a new game with nostalgia, as joedick mentioned. Unfortunately, there isn't much chance of Tyson coming back. :bawling:

Oobgarm
03-23-2009, 07:49 PM
I am all over this. First Wii game I've actually wanted to play since Smash Brothers.

heybtbm
03-23-2009, 08:49 PM
I am all over this. First Wii game I've actually wanted to play since Smash Brothers.

That sums it up for me too.

sebastiankirchoff
03-23-2009, 09:02 PM

That sums it up for me too.

Sums it up for me also lol.

crom
03-24-2009, 02:00 AM
holy crap my wii might just get the dust wiped off it

Kroogah
03-24-2009, 06:55 AM
Speaking as someone who spent most of his 5th year on planet Earth screaming horrible things at Great Tiger....
and most of his 11th year violently cursing under his breath about people such as Hoy Quarlow and the Bruisers....
and his 14th year honing his Super Punch-Out records on every boxer to under 24 seconds......

you're too late for me, Nintendo. Brawl was fun for a few months, but I ain't buyin' another one of your Tennis/Yoga/Music machines for these leftovers. I'm not even buyin' one for Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, I don't care how awesome Hakushon Daimao is.

Zap!
05-04-2009, 02:48 AM
I'm... actually excited for this. I was never a fan of the NES game, but I'm probably gonna check this out...

http://gonintendo.com/?p=76574

Wow, didn't know anyone who existed that didn't like the NES original!