PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Katamari Damacy vs. We Love Katamari

Technosis
03-28-2009, 08:03 AM
I have We Love Kamari for the PS2, and have the chance to get Katamari Damacy. I wondering if the games themselves are different enough to warrant getting the first version when I already have the sequel.

Or should I simply just go for the Xbox 360 Katamari Game? Thanks :)

roushimsx
03-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Katamari has less variation in its level design than We Love Katamari, but it does have three eternal levels (levels you can play with no time limit), one of the most disappointing omissions in the sequel. The story segments in the first game were also extremely sexcellent, as was the soundtrack.

In terms of gameplay or individual level design, the second game trumps it. You really should own both, though. It's dirt cheap anymore (released at $20 and can easily be picked up at $10 off of Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002Y2XXQ/)) and hella fun (though shorter than the sequel).

I've been avoiding the 360 release because of how much they gimped it and screwed the players over w/ DLC. If I can snag it for ~$5 then I might buy it.

klausien
03-28-2009, 09:27 AM
The original is worth it for the opening cinema and the soundtrack alone, especially considering the price.

DigitalSpace
03-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Definitely check out the first game.

And for anyone who might be interested in getting into the Katamari series: I highly recommend playing the first one before you play the sequel. When it comes to the Katamari games, I can not stress that highly enough. While We Love Katamari is accessible to those new to the series, imo, the first Katamari has a sense of magic and beauty that I can't imagine being completely there to anyone who plays the games out of order.

Oobgarm
03-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Definitely check out the first game.

And for anyone who might be interested in getting into the Katamari series: I highly recommend playing the first one before you play the sequel. When it comes to the Katamari games, I can not stress that highly enough. While We Love Katamari is accessible to those new to the series, imo, the first Katamari has a sense of magic and beauty that I can't imagine being completely there to anyone who plays the games out of order.

LISTEN TO THIS MAN

Kitsune Sniper
03-28-2009, 06:14 PM
The original is worth it for the opening cinema and the soundtrack alone, especially considering the price.

Man, that opening traumatized my older brother.

Me: *boots up the game*
Brother: ... Wow, that's um. What the fuck, man.
Me: ... I know.

kainemaxwell
03-28-2009, 07:19 PM
The opening and ending is like getting off a bad acid trip. The ending theme song is really catchy too.

lazyhoboguy
03-28-2009, 08:51 PM
I just played the first one a month or 2 ago and really loved it. Heard we love katamari isnt very different though. Think I will have to wait awhile to play that one.

misfits859
03-28-2009, 08:54 PM
I like showing Katamari to friends and family and watch the "what the fuck is this" look take over their faces.