PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of the Colossus movie...

crom
04-09-2009, 11:07 AM
apparently according to dustin at hard news a movie is being made... sounds great right?

wrong...

produced by the guy who brought you the scorpion king and the screenplay is by the guy who made the chung li street fighter movie...

Im not sure, but the combination of both of those guys could be worse then Uwe Boll

kupomogli
04-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Heard about this before, didn't know who was directing and writing it though. Not that I'd know who they were anyways as I'm not really a big movie buff.

Well. You just got to think. How can you fuck up Shadow of the Colossus? The game is more of an art form where the only storyline, other than the obvious beginning and end, is shown through the character and Agro being alone and having to kill the 16 colossi.

Kindof like Castaway or Passion of the Christ. Where there was story without much story. I think Passion of the Christ sucked, though.

heybtbm
04-09-2009, 03:49 PM
I'll bet money it never gets to the production stage.

old_skoolin_jim
04-09-2009, 04:34 PM
There already was a Shadow of the Colossus movie! It was called Reign over Me and starred Don Chealde (sp?) and Adam Sandler. Good flick.

kupomogli
04-09-2009, 08:24 PM
That movie was awesome. One of my favorite movies.

Chemdawg
04-09-2009, 09:08 PM
There already was a Shadow of the Colossus movie! It was called Reign over Me and starred Don Chealde (sp?) and Adam Sandler. Good flick.

thats was a good movie. actually made me look at adam sandler as more of an actor than just a comdian. good movie to watch with your girlfriend to show you actually do have an emotional side. cause if you dont feel sad or just anything when he is telling his story about his family dying, you don't have a heart.

G-Boobie
04-10-2009, 06:41 AM
I've got ten bucks on a professional wrestler playing the protagonist.

Fuck. A Shadow of the Colossus movie by those two is like a first person shooter based on Pride and Prejudice. Or a God of War clone based on the works of Dante Alighieri.

... Oh. Shit.