PDA

View Full Version : SUPER RARE PINK DREAMCAST !!!! [pics]

Achika
05-31-2003, 07:29 PM
Oops, sorry, it's not so rare, as I did it myself. I wanted a pink DC for awhile, and recently I had more incentive to paint it since I got a pink PS2. So I took out the spray paint and here's what I got:

http://www.vidgame.net/grafx/dc.jpg

I couldn't find the exact match for the paint, so I ended up using a Pearl Pink/Purple color, but I think it looks good.

Captain Wrong
05-31-2003, 09:24 PM
OMG!!!!!1!!!!!!!! That'd bring a million dollars on ebay!!!!!111!!!!!!!

Hehe, nice work tho. You just use regular Krylon on that?

Gamereviewgod
05-31-2003, 09:27 PM
That is one hell of a paint job. I did a Genesis model 1 in a glossy white and it didn't come out half as good as that.

Achika
05-31-2003, 11:21 PM
Thanks!

It was RC model paint, not exactly cheap either. Those little tiny cans don't last very long either. I think it was Pactra, or something alone those lines. Sanded all the surfaces down with a fine grit sand paper then took compressed air and blew all the dust & stuff off. I would paint, let it dry. Run to store and get more paint, repeat the process a few times.

ubersaurus
06-01-2003, 01:01 AM
oh wow, so thats what it looks like? That's friggin awesome looking! I like your ideas for further changes too, but if thats all you did for it, thats still awesome.

bargora
06-01-2003, 09:37 PM
Damn, that's nice.

Too bad it's not GREEN!

kainemaxwell
06-03-2003, 08:43 AM
Nice paint job!

dreamcaster
06-06-2003, 11:10 AM
Very, very nice indeed. It looks like an official model! Love it!

Though I hope you've still got an unpainted DC somewhere!!

Achika
06-06-2003, 09:55 PM
Very, very nice indeed. It looks like an official model! Love it!

Though I hope you've still got an unpainted DC somewhere!!

Yup, this was just a "broken" spare that I got for free. Got the controller ports fixed for $10 and it's like new now. :-D

autobotracing
06-08-2003, 01:39 PM
I like that color .I know what you mean about that paint it dont last long and it takes FOREVER to dry.You should check out my crappy website for a few of my custom pics.

www.custom-consoles.tk

Quazick
06-12-2003, 09:00 PM
That is awesome Achika!

I am considering doing mine Black and Red very DP'ish. :pimp:

captain nintendo
06-15-2003, 05:56 PM
very cool :hail:

Duncan
06-16-2003, 04:33 AM
How about "Sega Blue"? That sounds cool enough that I might go nuts and do it to my Genesis... :P I'm thinking like kandy-kolor here, you know?

And I'm sure someone has a glowing green Xbox by now...or you could go retro and color yourself a light-gray PS2...I'm just rambling now, but... :)

Duncan :D

PS: Krylon works great on anything, but it doesn't come in many good colors anymore. For the best shades, I like Testors -- except the cans are tiny, as noted above.