PDA

View Full Version : INTV 1 controller woes

ubersaurus
06-13-2003, 10:01 PM
Today I was trying to play a game of beamrider...everything was fine until the top left side button stopped responding. Generally when it does this I just pushed down a bit harder or on a different corner of the button until it started back up but that didn't work today. Hitting the right button got a reaction some of the time. So, I don't know exactly whats wrong with it. I'm gonna have to open it up, but can anyone give me any tips as to what it could be, or if I'll have any trouble getting it put back together, or what?

ubersaurus
06-15-2003, 03:11 PM
bump-I haven't opened this yet...help is still useful.

Anonymous
06-15-2003, 04:37 PM
I don't know much about Intv controllers, but I can give you Nintendo's advice on non-responding gameboy/consoler controller buttons:

take a clean toothbrush and warm tap water.

dip the toothbrush in water, and shake off excess.

brush around the edges of the button thoroughly,

repeat a couple times

let sit for about 4 hours

Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

omnedon
06-20-2003, 09:44 AM
Hope the flexible circuit insice (MPCB) isn't torn through on that spot. Clean it, and re-assemble folded EXACTLY like you found it (take it apart carefully and note position). Clean the MPCB and the rest of the controller while you are at it.

And cross your fingers. If push comes to shove I can likely get you a working relpacment controller. You'll have to take the deck apart to attach it though. It's easier than going inside the controller IMO.

Good Luck!

ste
06-23-2003, 03:03 PM
Be sure to check out the Intellivision service manual - there's detailed info and pics on how to disassemble and clean/repair them.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/7326/srvmanul.html
[already added to the repair links section for posterity]

ubersaurus
06-27-2003, 12:05 AM
I tried the button scrubbing Nintendo method, and it seems to have done the trick. I'll have to test it further tomorrow, but I think it's fine now :-D