PDA

View Full Version : Need Amiga help, preferably from a US person

AB Positive
04-14-2010, 05:35 PM
So, got a great new a500 setup... SCSI controller, extra RAM. One problem - no workbench disk. Anyone have a spare workbench 1.3 disk? I know the drive works, I have a miggy game that booted straight up - so at least I know it works. I just can't do much with it... except play Stryx.

staxx
04-14-2010, 09:06 PM
You could find the workbench online though you may have a hard time transferring it to the amiga formatted disks. I have a set of workbench 1.3 I think, though it will take me a lot of time to dig it out and find it.

Edit: hmm I just noticed that you was selling an Amiga with 100 disks that had the Null Modem cable and Amiga Explorer. Couldn't you just make another set?

AB Positive
04-16-2010, 05:31 PM
null modem cable? Yes
Amiga explorer... only on PC. Alas.

However, problem solved as some of the EAB folk were able to help me turn a Zip disk into an amiga formatted bootable hard drive, and I happen to have a SCSI Zip drive!

Success! :D

Arkhan
04-17-2010, 07:04 AM
null modem cable? Yes
Amiga explorer... only on PC. Alas.

However, problem solved as some of the EAB folk were able to help me turn a Zip disk into an amiga formatted bootable hard drive, and I happen to have a SCSI Zip drive!

Success! :D

now, make sure to make backups onto floppy, lol.

AB Positive
04-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Ummm. yeah. Turns out my SCSI adaptor does NOT auto-boot. So most of my work was for naught.

... now I DO need a wb 1.3 disk. Again. :(

Any US-based folks want to help? I'll throw some paypal bucks your way if anyone can help. Guh.

Arkhan
04-19-2010, 07:48 PM
If you dont find a solution soon, I will be having an A4000 setup soon that I can use to make you some disks.