PDA

View Full Version : Intellivision picture in black and white? Help?

Tetsu
06-24-2003, 01:31 AM
My intellivision randomly started displaying only black and white. It worked in color about a month ago, and I haven't changed the tv setup for it. (Radio Shack TV Game Computer switch that goes to the coax connector on my tv). When I use this setup with my Colecovision, the color is fine. Can my Intellivision be saved or am I SOOL?

Gamereviewgod
06-24-2003, 03:25 PM
Mine occasionaly goes black and white. All I do is jiggle the cord where it goes into the back of the console. Works fine then.

Sunnyvale
09-27-2011, 01:02 AM
Well, like a good little DPer, I looked up the previous thread to give it a bump. OK, I got a Colecovision that only puts out B&W, both channels. I've tried different cables, different RF adapter, I know it's no the power supply cause my other works just fine with it. Anyone have an idea what I need to do to fix it?

APE992
09-27-2011, 01:35 AM
Probably an easy fix, but every easy fix means an equally easy chance of breaking it beyond repair without experience. Willing to bet a connection has gone bad somewhere along the line.

Sunnyvale
09-27-2011, 02:39 AM
Yeah, I'm a self-taught repairman. I can do it, if I have to I'll hunt up a schematic and test every component. But UGH! Someone's gotta know.

FABombjoy
09-27-2011, 07:42 AM
(I'm assuming that you mean Colecovision, although this was originally an Intellivision thread ;) )

It's a fairly simple circuit and the schematics are available online. I don't think this is a common defect, hence the lack of a common fix. Start with pins 35 / 38 of the 9928a and follow the signal. I would think that your prime suspects would be the 9928, 4066, or LM1889.

Just to be sure, have you tried this on multiple TVs, and directly connected w/out any kind of switchbox?

bacteria
09-27-2011, 10:34 AM
You can do a mod to get the Intellivision to output composite instead of RF, not just a good mod anyway but also handy as your RF looks like it's failing.

http://www.intellivision.us/video_mod/video_mod.php

You can buy one pre-made if you want (the circuit) from them too, or use the schematic and make your own.

Sunnyvale
09-27-2011, 10:44 AM
(I'm assuming that you mean Colecovision, although this was originally an Intellivision thread ;) )

It's a fairly simple circuit and the schematics are available online. I don't think this is a common defect, hence the lack of a common fix. Start with pins 35 / 38 of the 9928a and follow the signal. I would think that your prime suspects would be the 9928, 4066, or LM1889.

Just to be sure, have you tried this on multiple TVs, and directly connected w/out any kind of switchbox?

Yeah, I realize now it's an Intellivision thread, but oh well, got what I needed. THANKS for the info! I will be working on it tonight.