PDA

View Full Version : Desk vs Couch - Where do you play?

NayusDante
07-11-2010, 11:20 AM
On modern TVs, the VGA port has become rather common. Generally, these take inputs up to 1024x768, and often higher. I've hooked up my retro PC for a few sessions of Quake, but not a whole lot else yet.

I remember playing PC games at a desk, sitting up and hunched over a keyboard. I've tried to do it with wireless input devices while laying on the couch, but it's not the same. I've also tried console ports of SCUMMVM and DOSBox, but again, it's not quite the same experience.

What are some good "couch-friendly" PC games? What games would you prefer to play at a desk?

thesuperdiogo
07-11-2010, 02:47 PM
I prefer to play standing (I must be the only one in the world XD)

So most of the time I play PC and console games that can use an arcade stick or some kind of motion controller like the wii.

Gapporin
07-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Floor.

I'd like to get a PC with TV-out capabilities, if nothing else for the fact that I already do most of my gaming on the TV. I just can't get comfortable at a desk, even when the game is specifically made for the PC.

izarate
07-11-2010, 03:22 PM
I play racing and GTA style games on my HTPC. Also adventure games and console ports (Beyond good and evil, Farenheit, etc.)

I leave RTS, FPS and point-and-click for the desktop.

I prefer to play standing (I must be the only one in the world XD)

I do too. I don't know why but I feel more confortable. It's either that or laying on the bed with a wireless controller ;)

Arkhan
07-11-2010, 04:23 PM
I play computer games at a desk, and console games on a couch. lol

Enigmus
07-11-2010, 05:02 PM
I usually do PC gaming from the couch on a 2007 Celeron-powered laptop and play games on the 32' CRT in my room.

Pk116
07-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Floor.

I'd like to get a PC with TV-out capabilities, if nothing else for the fact that I already do most of my gaming on the TV. I just can't get comfortable at a desk, even when the game is specifically made for the PC.

I play on the floor too. I threw out the desk when I threw out the desktop. :)

Now I am happy with a laptop (and so are all my games, except those stubborn early Windows ones.:bad-words:) I can hook an LCD monitor, mouse, gamepad, keyboard, and even external hard drives up to it!

kedawa
07-13-2010, 10:18 PM
I almost never play games on the couch.
My tv is only about half the size of my monitor, and I only use it for Gamecube and Dreamcast, which I barely play anymore.
My desk chair is also far more comfortable than my couch.

Arkhan
07-13-2010, 10:32 PM
I almost never play games on the couch.
My tv is only about half the size of my monitor, and I only use it for Gamecube and Dreamcast, which I barely play anymore.
My desk chair is also far more comfortable than my couch.

man I used to use a sweet recliner, but then I got a new desk and the chair was way too low to use it anymore. I was pretty sad. Regular office-ey chairs arent half as nice as a big cushiony recliner.