Gabriel Knight- Sins of the Fathers
Gobliiins
Gobliins 2
Goblins Quest 3
I Have No Moth and I must Scream
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Inherit the Earth - Quest for the Orb
King's Quest I - Quest for the Crown (VGA Remake)
King's Quest II- Romancing The Throne (VGA Remake)
Kings Quest III - To Heir Is Human (VGA Remake)
King's Quest V - Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder
King's Quest VI - Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
King's Quest VII - The Princeless Bride
Loom
Lure of the Temptress
Maniac Mansion
Monkey Island 1 - The Secret of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2 - LeChecks Revenge
Monkey Island 3
The Neverhood
Quest for Glory I- So You Want to Be a Hero (VGA Remake)
Quest for Glory II - Trial by Fire (VGA Remake)
Quest for Glory III- Wages of War
Quest for Glory IV- Shadows of Darkness
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Simon the Sorcerer
The Dagger of Amon RA
The Dig
The Feeble Files
The Legend of Kyrandia
The Legend of Kyrandia 2 - The Hand of Fate
The Legend of Kyrandia 3 - Malcolm's Revenge
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders

j_factor
12-11-2010, 02:01 AM
Tex Murphy and Simon the Sorcerer come to mind.

jammajup
12-11-2010, 04:49 AM
Wow i did not realise there ws so many,i really only know Broken Sword,Monkey Island and Shadowgate on NES (not that Shadowgate is any good)

What about Discworld 1&2 ,Discworld Noir?

NoahsMyBro
12-11-2010, 05:04 AM
Maybe it's uncool to like it, but I thought Myst was a very good game, and it was certainly a point and click.

Berserker
12-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Grim Fandango!

HappehLemons
12-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Wow i did not realise there ws so many,i really only know Broken Sword,Monkey Island and Shadowgate on NES (not that Shadowgate is any good)

There's quite a few I left off too.

Grim Fandango!

It's an adventure game.. I wouldn't really call it a point and click. Do you even have a cursor in that game?

todesengel
12-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Definitely add The Neverhood to your list.

dgdgagdae
12-11-2010, 12:01 PM
It's an adventure game.. I wouldn't really call it a point and click. Do you even have a cursor in that game?

Then what is it you're going for? King's Quest II-IV (and I, unless you're talking about the remake) used a parser, and only on some platforms was there a cursor for movement only. The same goes for Quest for Glory I (and II, I think), as well as The Colonel's Bequest.

No interest in the Space Quest or Police Quest series? What about Leisure Suit Larry?

If you're looking for a list to jog your memory, take a look at http://scummvm.org/compatibility/.

Alucard79
12-11-2010, 12:27 PM

You beat me to those. Loved those games.
The only other I can think of at the moment would be Silverload.

Diatribal Deity
12-11-2010, 08:43 PM
The more mainstream ones in line with the ones above...

- The Longest Journey (original not Dreamfall)
- Codename: Iceman
- Rex Nebular
- Les Manley series
- Altered Destiny

Could go on forever with others...

Just for fun look for Riana Rouge.

Trebuken
12-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Freddy Pharkas

-Not sure its any good, but it's a Sierra point and click so it seems to belong.

YoshiM
12-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Someone mentioned Tex Murphy but not sure if the meant the whole series or what.

Mean Streets
Martian Memorandum

I think the rest of the series is more adventure based rather than point and click, but I never played them so I can't say for sure.

Gameguy
12-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes. I just mentioned this in another thread, I managed to play through about half of it before it crashed but I liked what I played. As already mentioned, add The Neverhood.

Why is Lure of the Temptress listed? That sucked.

HappehLemons
12-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Then what is it you're going for? King's Quest II-IV (and I, unless you're talking about the remake) used a parser, and only on some platforms was there a cursor for movement only. The same goes for Quest for Glory I (and II, I think), as well as The Colonel's Bequest.

No interest in the Space Quest or Police Quest series? What about Leisure Suit Larry?

If you're looking for a list to jog your memory, take a look at http://scummvm.org/compatibility/.

Whoops. You're right, but I've got the VGA remakes of 1-3 and I wasn't even thinking about the older official ones. Quest for glory one had a VGA remake by Sierra and an unofficial but licenced remake of the second one. But Colonels Bequest shouldn't be there :p

Kitsune Sniper
12-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Freddy Pharkas

-Not sure its any good, but it's a Sierra point and click so it seems to belong.

Al Lowe and Josh Mandel wrote the text. That should tell you it's worth your time.

The CD version seems to have LESS text than the floppy version though. Most of the jokes were cut out.

NoahsMyBro
12-12-2010, 03:44 PM
The Journeyman Project

NayusDante
12-12-2010, 07:48 PM
The Journeyman Project

I was going to suggest this one, but I didn't see any other first-person games on the list. The second one made it onto GoG recently, and the third one had an OSX port not too long ago. If you have an old Mac, there's still some new copies of Pegasus Prime on eBay.

If you're going to include first-person mouse-driven adventures, don't forget the Myst series and The Manhole. There's also those later games by The Adventure Company, like The Crystal Key, but I don't remember them being particularly good.

Also, Torin's Passage, Shannara...

There's a series called Dare to Dream, but I could never find very much info on it. Epic Games had the first volume released as shareware, and I had the second (http://www.mobygames.com/game/win3x/dare-to-dream-volume-2-in-search-of-the-beast) one on floppy, but I never found the third one. They might still have it at Epic Classics, but I know they wanted like $30 for it.

exit
12-12-2010, 09:49 PM
D - I'm not sure how well it has aged, but it was one of my first PC games and will always have a special place in my heart. I think it was love it or hate it when it was originally released, but I just remember being completely fascinated by it.

jb143
12-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Duck Hunt?

Nah, jk...all the ones I could think of have already been mentioned.

Emperor Megas
12-12-2010, 11:12 PM
I enjoyed Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller, on the 3DO, even though it's full of bugs and glitches.

Lewton
12-16-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi!

You could do worse than take a look at the 2000, or so, featured on my little old website. I've had persmission to mention it here before, so don't worry. I think a couple of people here have actually joined the forums there too.

Anyway, you're more than welcome to take a look.

It's here . . . . . . . . . http://www.AdventurePoint.co.uk (http://www.AdventurePoint.co.uk)

I could talk about point & click Adventures for hours on end, but I would only bore you to death. Best just take a look and take some time to browse the illustrated database. :popcorn:

HappehLemons
12-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Hi!

You could do worse than take a look at the 2000, or so, featured on my little old website. I've had persmission to mention it here before, so don't worry. I think a couple of people here have actually joined the forums there too.

Anyway, you're more than welcome to take a look.

It's here . . . . . . . . . http://www.AdventurePoint.co.uk (http://www.AdventurePoint.co.uk)

I could talk about point & click Adventures for hours on end, but I would only bore you to death. Best just take a look and take some time to browse the illustrated database. :popcorn:

Throw me out a few suggestions! I took a look at your website but there's quite a lot to look thru so what are some of your favorites? No a fan of digitized sprites based on actors or 3d point and clicks. :)

tom
12-17-2010, 08:04 AM
perhaps Intrigue! (a great game by Spectrum Holobyte for C64)

Lewton
12-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Throw me out a few suggestions! I took a look at your website but there's quite a lot to look thru so what are some of your favorites? No a fan of digitized sprites based on actors or 3d point and clicks. :)

Yes. No probs.

These are some of my favourites (I'm not keen on 3D either) ..........

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars
Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror
The Gabriel Knight series
Flight of the Amazon Queen (nearly forgot that one!)
The Longest Journey
Monkey Island 1, 2 & 3
Discworld Noir
Grim Fandango
The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo
The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Serrated Scalpel
Runaway: A Road Adventure
Stupid Invaders
The Feeble Files
Syberia 1 & 2
Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2
Amber: Journeys Beyond
Morpheus
Obsidian
Sanitarium
Discworld 1 & 2 (difficult, esp. 1)
The Neverhood
Toonstruck
Black Mirror
In Cold Blood (some action, but can avoid most)
The Moment of Silence
Blade Runner Scratches
The Blackstone Chronicles
Myst series (but that's just me)
Samorost
Alchemia
Machinarium
Post Mortem
Mystery of the Druids
Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy
Monet: The Mystery of the Orangery (bug at end, but patch available)
Jack Orlando
Shadow of Memories
The Road to India
Dark Fall
Barrow Hill
Master of Dimensions
Tex Murphy series (5 games)
Just about all of the Legend Adventures
King's Quest series
The Whispered World
Darkstar
Lost Horizon
Reah
Sam & Max Hit The Road
Full Throttle
Day of the Tentacle
The Blackwell series
Journeyman Project series
Zork series
Touche: Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer
3 Skulls of the Toltecs
Timelapse
Cosmology of Kyoto
Jack the Ripper (1994 GameTek version)

Loads more. Hope that helps.

Lewton.

c0ldb33r
12-19-2010, 12:41 PM
FYI, this month's Retro Gamer has a feature on top point and click games that aren't made by Lucasarts :)

Lewton
12-19-2010, 01:10 PM
FYI, this month's Retro Gamer has a feature on top point and click games that aren't made by Lucasarts :)

And a fantastically good read it is too. I've been reading it today. :) It even talks about Sanitarium, Cruise For A Corpse and others.

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but is Digital Press connected with the Retro Gamer magazine?

Lewton.

HappehLemons
12-25-2010, 05:37 PM

Dang! my sub just ran out ONE issue before that!

backtrax
05-20-2011, 07:57 AM
The last express

discoalucard
05-20-2011, 07:42 PM
The Gene Machine is pretty decent. Also, check out the Duckman game, although finding a physical copy is nearly impossible. I also enjoyed Harvester more than I probably should have. And one of the writers for my site says that Tequila and Boom Boom is really good too.

Guyra
05-20-2011, 08:19 PM
These might not all be retro, but I'd definitely recommend them all. They all go under "2.5D", so it might not be quite your thing, except for D which is all prerendered 3D. But still, I would really suggest that you try them out.

The Longest Journey pretty much revived the point and click adventure genre when it was released. Damned good game, fantastic story, great settings and characters, awesome dialogue, etc. Should be played by any fan of the genre.

Still Life and the Syberia games are very good modern pointy clicky adventures. Great stories and characters. And regarding the Syberia games, it's more like one game that was released in two halves.

Another modern point and click adventure game is Gray Matter. This game is rather new, but with ex Sierra game designer Jane Jensen(King's Quest VI, Gabriel Knight series) behind the wheels, this should be on any adventure gamer's list of games to play. And I must say I seriously recommend it, too!

D is an adventure for the PlayStation, really, but it's quite good. It's a bit slow to move about, because it's all prerendered 3D videos, including videos for every action you do. Another quirk is that you've only got 2 hours to play through the game from start to finish. If you don't manage that, you're dead. Yes, that means two hours of gameplay despite three game discs. You'll be sick of the name "Laura" for the rest of your life after playing this game, but it's worth it, in my opinion. There're also a few different endings to the game, based on certain choices you make. Slow, short, but good story, atmosphere, and scare value, and probably one of the creepiest and most scary games ever to hit the PlayStation.

Sysop
05-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Zork: Grand Inquisitor and Muppet Treasure Island are worth checking out if you can find them.