PDA

View Full Version : New Kirby Wii game coming

Swamperon
01-29-2011, 01:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO2-EPKVpoM

Announced at a Nintendo investors meeting. Seems to be the long developed Kirby that was originally for the GC and then moved to Wii. I figured it had been scrapped and replaced with Epic Yarn but I guess not. Looks fun!

megasdkirby
01-29-2011, 05:26 PM
I had heard this was for 3DS...no matter what console, I want! :)

Zthun
01-29-2011, 10:26 PM

Given how good yarn was and how freckin' awesome this looks, I can't imagine anyone saying they wouldn't want it. Dragon kirby looks appealing.

Swamperon
01-30-2011, 06:54 AM

Ooh really? That'd make more sense. It's possible, I was quite hungover when reading about it. :D

Nionel
01-30-2011, 05:14 PM
I haven't played Epic Yarn yet, but it's good to see a Kirby game that's starting it's development cycle as a Kirby game. Hopefully this one isn't too far off.

Baloo
01-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Looks like a great game! Very similar to Kirby 64 probably.

Haven't played Epic Yarn, but I've heard good things about it!

Rickstilwell1
01-30-2011, 09:11 PM

Nope there are two new Kirby games coming. One for the 3DS, one for the Wii. This Wii one here actually shows a Wii controller symbol onscreen if you look carefully at the preview video. There is also yet another Pokemon series being developed for 3DS. Black and White are confirmed as normal DS/DSi games.

DisastrophE
01-31-2011, 04:45 PM
I am totally psyched for this. I was pretty disappointed with Epic Yarn. Not because it was a bad game but because it wasn't the traditional Kirby I know and love. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed Epic Yarn for what it was but I was really hoping for a classic Kirby game to surface on one of the Nintendo consoles. This will probably be a day one purchase for me.

joedick
01-31-2011, 11:09 PM
Nope there are two new Kirby games coming. One for the 3DS, one for the Wii.

The portable Kirby game is going to be for the original DS, not 3DS

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=22016

retroman
02-02-2011, 08:54 PM
loved yarn and been a fan since the first on GB..im on it..will get it.