PDA

View Full Version : the most hard-core console this gen?

Snesguy666
01-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Which console has the hard-core of hardcore games of this gen?

((the hardest game to play and takes lots of dedication to get really skilled at it))

-Monster hunter tri
-sin and punishment 2
-Donkey kong country returns
-mushihemesama Futari Le, ((xbox 360)) -sadly the only 360 game i have

are the hardest games this gen i have played, and i have become quite skilled at them :)

-only own a 360 and wii of modern gen systems :P

any other games you guys recon to be extremely difficult?

Oobgarm
01-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Super Meat Boy (360)

Robocop2
01-31-2011, 05:26 PM
I hear Demon's Souls(PS3) is pretty out there in regards to difficulty. Though I question whether "which system has the hardest games?" would be an accurate indicator of the most hard-core console

mattimeo310
01-31-2011, 05:28 PM
Demons Soul for Ps3 is probably the most difficult game I've played on the Ps3. This game is also my favorite action RPG on the console. It really gives you a sense of accomplishment to finally beat a boss that caused you to die so many times. Definitely a game anyone with a Ps3 should own

Also 3D Dot Game Heroes offered quite a challenge as well. It also had a bunch of great references to games of the past.

Unfortunately both are Ps3 exclusives because these games really should be played by everyone.

*EDIT* Robocop beat me to Demons Soul.

Howie6925
01-31-2011, 06:12 PM
Demon souls on the PS3 was the first game I thought of when I read the post. The game is unforgiving, it is the hardest game Ive played this generation of consoles.

Frankie_Says_Relax
01-31-2011, 06:37 PM
Well, XBOX360 has "The Impossible Game".

http://download.xbox.com/content/xna/assets/5855037E_World/xboxboxart.jpg

So, clearly. Win.

kupomogli
01-31-2011, 08:33 PM
I always see people say Demon's Souls is a hard game but it's actually fairly easy as long as you take it somewhat slow. For PS3 games, I think that the first Uncharted on crushing is very hard but not so hard to be unable to complete(I haven't played crushing on the first game, but hard is harder than on Uncharted 2 and crushing on Uncharted 2 is very difficult.) Sacred 2 is hard if you're not playing on bronze and trying to make a character that's not the High Elf into a magic user type character rather than melee/melee skill character.

When it comes to multiplayer, I don't think anything really gets harder than fighting games or Unreal Tournament 3 with really good opponents.

Also. Bullet hell titles. I am terrible at that genre though.

scooterb23
01-31-2011, 08:42 PM
Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Zthun
01-31-2011, 10:33 PM
Super Meat Boy (360)

Chalk in another vote for this.

Then again, I would say any online game that requires other people. Skilled people tend to be hard to come by.

Leo_A
02-01-2011, 04:21 AM
I hate that term, I've selected my Xbox Live group as recreation specifically to avoid associating myself with that group.

Only two types of gamers typically consider themself hardcore from my experience. The 20+ year olds living in their parents basement that play WoW and Counterstrike all day or the console counterpart that just plays the latest Madden and Call of Duty; or the 20 year old nerd that thinks Japan is Heaven on Earth and faces Tokyo at noon each day praying to go there someday in order to play all the excellent games that never make it out over here while attempting to learn Japanese in his spare time.

But to answer the question, I suppose I've been most challenged this generation by platformers on the Wii. Most 360 and PS3 games I've played haven't been terribly difficult at their default settings, but there have been a fair number of Wii games like NSMB that had a decent challenge.

Emuaust
02-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Kirby's Epic Yarn.

It wouldn't have "Epic" in its title unless it was HARDCORE

retroman
02-02-2011, 08:57 PM
does Megaman 10 on non easy mode count...have fun wit that...took awhile but did it.