PDA

View Full Version : What PSP mini's do you own?

c0ldb33r
02-01-2011, 06:56 PM
I just bought Pac Man CE for PSP (a steal at $5)

What PSP mini's have you bought?

thegamezmaster
02-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Is it as good as the PS3 version?

Leo_A
02-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Is it as good as the PS3 version?

I thought this didn't come out for another week or so? And this is essentially the PS3 version, as far as I'm aware. I don't think Pac-Man C.E. ever made it out on PSN until this PSP Mini release with PS3 compatibility (Edit: So it's just as much the PS3 version of the game as it is the PSP version)

The sequel is on PSN for PS3's though.

c0ldb33r
02-02-2011, 11:42 AM
The PSP version is its own game and cannot be played on PS3.

It's a great port of Pac Man CE. I like it as much as the 360 version, except for the fact that I can't plug in a joystick.

Nebagram
02-02-2011, 02:50 PM
I own precisely sweet Fanny Adams. That sort of game is much better suited to a phone than a traditional handheld.

Leo_A
02-03-2011, 01:30 AM
The PSP version is its own game and cannot be played on PS3.

That isn't correct.

It's a PSP Mini and is fully playable on the Playstation 3, just like I already said.

Anyways, here are the Mini's I own.

Burnin' Rubber
Car Jack Streets
Express Raider
Lock 'n' Chase
Pinball Dreams
Pinball Fantasies

c0ldb33r
02-03-2011, 07:51 AM
It's a PSP Mini and is fully playable on the Playstation 3, just like I already said.
Hmmm... I'm not sure why I thought you couldn't play it on PS3.

I think it's because when you view the game on the PSP, it doesn't say PSP/PS3 in the lower right. Now that I think of it, that only happens with PS One games, no nevermind :D

Hey Leo, are any of those mini's worth buying?

The other ones that I own (other than Pacman CE) are:
Angry Birds (terrible port of iphone version)
A shooter for 2 bucks (it's fine but I wouldn't repurchase it)

Nintendo Gamer
02-03-2011, 10:03 PM

Leo_A
02-04-2011, 02:28 AM
Not all PSP Mini's are able to play on the PS3. One that immediately comes to mind is Tetris. I know there are a couple of others that won't play either.

Yeah, some of the more advanced ones aren't playable since the PS3's PSP emulator isn't the most capable piece of software. But in general, you can count on a PSP Mini being playable on your PS3.

I've enjoyed and wholeheartedly recommend all 5 of these PSP Mini's. And even if someone already owns Data East Arcade Classics on the Wii, I'd suggest still buying Burnin' Rubber, Lock 'n' Chase, and Express Raider on PSN. They're emulated quite a bit better here compared to the Wii collection.

megasdkirby
02-11-2011, 08:18 PM
I own the following minis:

-Flying Hamster
-Blimp
-Fortix
-I Must Run!
-M.O.Z.O.X. Space Salvager
-Pac-man CE
-A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks!
-Angry Birds
-Forest Puzzle