PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zelda WW+OoT. Good deal or waste of money?

jaekwon15
02-05-2011, 01:55 PM
I was searching to see how much my copy of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Masters Quest was valued. While doing this I discovered a listing for a double disc version of Wind Waker and Oot for game cube. all of them were selling at outrageous prices (http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Windwaker-Ocarina-Master-GameCube/dp/B000NIG06M/ref=sr_1_9?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1296931759&sr=1-9).

Then i happened to find a listing for the same game, but under a much less descriptive title. (http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Dbl-Pack-GameCube/dp/B000RQ5UUC/ref=sr_1_25?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1296931813&sr=1-25) it was under here i found a copy for only 30 dollars.

the description read, "game.case.booklet.some scratches.plays." that enough for me to buy it. after buying it i wrote to the seller asking what it had. he said it had the original case, both discs, one booklet for wind waker, and an insert promoting Tingle(?).

is my copy missing anything? was this a good deal or a waste of money?

joshnickerson
02-05-2011, 02:26 PM
They're not very common, that's for sure. A complete copy would have the manual for Master Quest included.

From what I can tell, it's the same discs and manuals in the standard releases... basically you just paid for the case insert.

It's only a waste if YOU feel it was a waste. If you're a die hard Zelda fan, then it was probably worth it.

Edmond Dantes
02-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Not a waste.

I don't even have a Cube and I wouldn't mind owning Master Quest.

lookfun78
02-05-2011, 03:28 PM
That is what they go for if you check eb, amazon, and ganestop. I wouldn't buy the one your thinking of because of the scratches, trust me even a little scratch can end up getting bigger. I know I had it happen to me twice on xbox 360.

Swamperon
02-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Good grief, is that what they're going for now?! It may different in GBP but I will have to check.

Is it worth for those prices? No. But both games, which are great, are worth the price of a new game so I'd say try and find a cheaper copy.

jaekwon15
02-05-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm wondering if swamperson and lookfun even read my post. i bought it for 30 dollars already. oi...

thanks to edmond and joshnick for your insightful responses. so even if my copy is missing the Master Quest booklet, i could replace it with a common booklet from the single disc version?

Swamperon
02-05-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm wondering if swamperson and lookfun even read my post. i bought it for 30 dollars already. oi...

thanks to edmond and joshnick for your insightful responses. so even if my copy is missing the Master Quest booklet, i could replace it with a common booklet from the single disc version?

Well excuuuuuuse me (princess) :oops:

I am actually quite drunk so I did misread it. Yes you got a good deal. Congratulations to you.

jaekwon15
02-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Well excuuuuuuse me (princess) :oops:

lol very appropriate.

Richter Belmount
02-05-2011, 07:46 PM
what were you fucking thinking?

Dr. Dib
02-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Good grief, is that what they're going for now?! It may different in GBP but I will have to check.

Is it worth for those prices? No. But both games, which are great, are worth the price of a new game so I'd say try and find a cheaper copy.

I may have my data wrong, but I think that is because the preorder system for Europe (maybe just England) and the U.S. differed. In the U.S. you could preorder Wind Waker and you got OOT: Master Quest as an early bonus. People started getting Master Quest and then canceling their preorder to get the game for free though, so Nintendo released it in one case bundled with Wind Waker.

The NTSC version with Master Quest and Wind Waker in one case appears to be a Walmart exclusive if Wikipedia is to be believed. It it thus a little rarer.

misfits859
02-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Damn Belmount, why is your avatar so goddamned funny? Any cat that wears a tie is funny if ya ask me.

The 1 2 P
02-06-2011, 01:02 AM
$30 isn't a bad price for it. I got my copy from craigs list since I couldn't find any in my local Gamestops and ebay's prices were much higher than $30 back when I was searching for one.

Swamperon
02-06-2011, 07:30 AM
I may have my data wrong, but I think that is because the preorder system for Europe (maybe just England) and the U.S. differed. In the U.S. you could preorder Wind Waker and you got OOT: Master Quest as an early bonus. People started getting Master Quest and then canceling their preorder to get the game for free though, so Nintendo released it in one case bundled with Wind Waker.

The NTSC version with Master Quest and Wind Waker in one case appears to be a Walmart exclusive if Wikipedia is to be believed. It it thus a little rarer.

Ah, in Europe they just came in one case when WW was released. I didn't think it was particularly rare or demand though. Then again I haven't checked.

kedawa
02-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Master Quest is pretty awful, so it's a waste if you're buying it to play. As far as collector's value, I don't have a clue.

kirbykirb
02-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Waste of money, just buy it seperatly. That way it'd be cheaper.
If you want it for collector status, up to you.
If you want it to play the game(s) lol.

jaekwon15
02-11-2011, 03:18 AM
To those of you who did not read the OP, I only paid 30 dollars for this.
http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/jaekwon15/zeldadouble.jpg