PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Save PSOne Question

thegamezmaster
02-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Hello, I downloaded Castlevania Chronicles from the Playstation Store. In order to save game progress do I need one of those usb to memory card things to plug in the memory card to save progress? What about the PSP? Sorry I didn't get any manuals that explains this plus I'm new to this. Any advice will be appreciated,thanks.

JSoup
02-21-2011, 12:56 PM
The game will just save to your regular PS3 save spot.

Oobgarm
02-21-2011, 01:16 PM
If you use an actual PSOne game, all you need to do is set up a virtual memory card in the memory menu.

The only thing you need the USB adapter for is if you want to import/export data from PS1/2 cards.

thegamezmaster
02-21-2011, 02:56 PM
If you use an actual PSOne game, all you need to do is set up a virtual memory card in the memory menu.

The only thing you need the USB adapter for is if you want to import/export data from PS1/2 cards.

Thanks for the replies. I've tried to set up a virtual memory card and in arrange mode, I can't get the analog joystick instead of the digital pad to work. Any suggestions? I'm at a loss,thanks.

Dr. Dib
02-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the replies. I've tried to set up a virtual memory card and in arrange mode, I can't get the analog joystick instead of the digital pad to work. Any suggestions? I'm at a loss,thanks.

Press the home button and change control mode from digital to analog. Just remember that not all PS1 games used the analog stick.

thegamezmaster
02-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the reply!

thegamezmaster
03-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Can any help with this problem. I downloaded this from my ps3 to my psp and I can't get it to save when played on my psp. Any help please?

Oobgarm
03-02-2011, 06:33 AM
Have you had this problem with any other games before? Maybe you need to re-download? I dunno.

thegamezmaster
03-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Have you had this problem with any other games before? Maybe you need to re-download? I dunno.

Have not had this problem with any other game. So I'm at a loss.

Dr. Dib
03-02-2011, 11:18 PM
I've never played a PS1 Classic download on a PSP, but I'd guess that you have to set up a virtual memory card somehow.

This seems to support my thoughts: http://www.ehow.com/how_5838496_convert-psx-memory-cards-psp.html

I'd assume you should be able to create memory cards without copying them from the PS3 though. Look around in the game save data menu.

Rev. Link
03-02-2011, 11:28 PM
If it's a downloaded game, I would think it would be designed to save like any other PS3 or PSP game. I thought the only games you needed to set up virtual memory cards for were the actual PSX and PS2 games on their original discs.

Then again, I haven't actually downloaded any of those games, so I'm just guessing.