PDA

View Full Version : Radiant Historia (DS)

Urzu402
02-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Surprised this game doesn't have a thread. But what it is, is a Time traveling JRPG where you can go back and visit past decisions and play the opposite one and such when you get stuck in one branch. The game came out on the 22nd of Feb. It's by Atlus and it comes with a music CD.

It's combat is pretty good and nothing like I've seen before, it's like the enemies are on a grid and you use skills to change their positions on the grid so you can damage more than one enemy at a time. No random battles its a game where you see your encounters and you can swipe at them with your sword to stun them. Other than that I dont know I'm only an hour into the game so you guys should pick it up.

Swamperon
02-28-2011, 04:32 PM
It's definitely on my list of games I may pick up in the future but I've still yet to get Golden Sun: DD, Nostalgia and Pokemon White RPG wise for the DS so it'll be a while before and if I do.

And time travelling will inevitably make people draw comparisons with Chrono Trigger. Arguably a good or a bad thing.

Urzu402
02-28-2011, 04:39 PM
And time travelling will inevitably make people draw comparisons with Chrono Trigger. Arguably a good or a bad thing.

Well while it is time traveling, its not the same type of time travel. (Spoilers) You can only go back to "key moments in history after you get a book" where the main character was there.

DuckTalesNES
03-01-2011, 01:40 AM
I'm going to be picking it up. Looking forward to it!!!

Retro Legends
03-01-2011, 11:08 PM
It's definitely on my list of games I may pick up in the future but I've still yet to get Golden Sun: DD, Nostalgia and Pokemon White RPG wise for the DS so it'll be a while before and if I do.

Im in the same boat. I have so many DS game i need to catch up on its not even funny. There are so many good games now it very hard to keep up with them all.

calistarwind
03-01-2011, 11:13 PM
I picked this up and just started playing last night. Very interesting storyline and I would like to see how it plays out. Music is really good so far which is a plus.

PapaStu
03-02-2011, 07:56 PM
I picked this up and just started playing last night. Very interesting storyline and I would like to see how it plays out. Music is really good so far which is a plus.

One would hope that the music is good. Hell it got released with the games soundtrack as a premium pack-in.

calistarwind
03-02-2011, 11:49 PM
One would hope that the music is good. Hell it got released with the games soundtrack as a premium pack-in.

Lol! I actually was going to say good thing they included the soundtrack. However I have had included music not sound so good and wished I didn't get a soundtrack for pre-order.

DuckTalesNES
03-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Did this game sell out? Its not available online at Gamestop, Amazon or Best Buy.

Urzu402
03-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Did this game sell out? Its not available online at Gamestop, Amazon or Best Buy.

Yes it seems to have, it now goes for like 50 or over. It seems to be going the way of Dragon Quest V DS, unless Atlus makes a second printing.

DuckTalesNES
03-13-2011, 06:09 PM
I fortunately got my copy really early. How often does Atlus make second printings of their games? Should I pick up another copy to re-sell later??

Aussie2B
03-13-2011, 06:52 PM
I highly suspect that more copies will be available sooner or later. Either that or they'll eventually release a PSP port or something.

kupomogli
03-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Atlus did this with Hexyz Force also. They released a limited print run which couldn't be found anywhere for months, and then it was able to be found for quite awhile. Now it can't be found again, but I'm sure it's actually no longer being printed this time.

Atlus has been doing this with a good amount of their titles recently to scare people into purchasing them early so they won't have to worry about buying them later.

I'm sure this will be available again in the coming weeks. But if it's anything like Hexyz Force, the price won't drop so you might as well get it once it's available.

Lol! I actually was going to say good thing they included the soundtrack. However I have had included music not sound so good and wished I didn't get a soundtrack for pre-order.

This is the reason why my SMT Persona will remain sealed and I will instead play my PSX version. While it's unfortunate that I have to suffer the 10 second Persona castings on the PSX version, it's much better than listening to that garbage music. I am extremely thankful that Persona 2 Innocent Sin Portable will be included with both the original music and the remixed music. I'm sure that call was made due to the all the fan complaints.

DuckTalesNES
03-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Is it also possible that if Atlus reprints it that the soundtrack won't be included on the 2nd print run?

PapaStu
03-14-2011, 01:26 AM
Is it also possible that if Atlus reprints it that the soundtrack won't be included on the 2nd print run?

Possible, They did a second run of Super Robot Taisen w/o the soundtrack.

calthaer
03-16-2011, 04:09 PM
This game really does rock, I have to say. About 10 hours in or so at this point, and thoroughly enjoying it. This feels like much more of a spiritual successor to Chrono Trigger than Chrono Cross ever was. The only criticism I might have is the fact that I wish there were more than just two main branches to the plot line. Most of the "decisions" so far - at least aside from the "first" - seem to either lead to a dead-end or continue the story, instead of splintering the time line even further.

This is still a great game, though. Battle system has some complexity to it (reminds me a bit of Valkyrie Profile, with the combos), story is very competent, there's some humor in the game (and it pokes fun at RPG conventions, too, without breaking the immersion)...all in all, this game is a real winner in my book.

Kyle15
03-16-2011, 04:55 PM
This is the reason why my SMT Persona will remain sealed and I will instead play my PSX version. While it's unfortunate that I have to suffer the 10 second Persona castings on the PSX version, it's much better than listening to that garbage music. I am extremely thankful that Persona 2 Innocent Sin Portable will be included with both the original music and the remixed music. I'm sure that call was made due to the all the fan complaints.

The port's soundtrack is more of a new one than a remix. Thankfully, Meguro is really remixing the music this time. Same stuff, but of greater fidelity.

Jorpho
06-07-2011, 11:02 PM
No sign of this game anywhere, is there? Looks like it might be another one that I should shell out for already and tack on to the end of my ginormous backlog. (What were they thinking, pairing an unrecognizable name with such thoroughly bland cover art?)

Aussie2B
06-07-2011, 11:13 PM
What do you mean? It's been back on Amazon for quite awhile. My gut tells me that it's not going to be a particularly valuable or hard-to-find game. It's just another game like The World Ends With You where the reception to it was better than the cautious initial print run, then it goes through a short period of high demand, and then more copies show up and it all evens out.

Kitsune Sniper
02-11-2012, 11:12 AM
So the game's been super rare for a while now and sold on eBay for over $70.

Well.

NO MORE.

https://twitter.com/#!/AtlusUSA/status/168141322417475585

"#RadiantHistoria will be back, coming in late March! Pre-order your copy today"

It's now available for preorder at Amazon.

kupomogli
02-11-2012, 11:25 AM
"#RadiantHistoria will be back, coming in late March! Sell your copy on Ebay today"

I think this is what they meant.

Junkyrdsalesman
02-11-2012, 12:32 PM
This is actually a reprint i don't mind, it's easy to distinguish between the original release and the reprint (outerbox and soundtrack). I think original complete copies will still hold value and people who just want to play the game won't have to pay out the ass :)

kupomogli
02-11-2012, 02:03 PM
This is actually a reprint i don't mind, it's easy to distinguish between the original release and the reprint (outerbox and soundtrack). I think original complete copies will still hold value and people who just want to play the game won't have to pay out the ass :)

I bought the game months ago and I didn't a premium version.

Aussie2B
02-11-2012, 05:52 PM
My ability to predict when an RPG will get a reprint rings true yet again. Now to just wait even longer for the game to drop below MSRP and easily pick up a used copy with the OST for a low price. I imagine it'll be worth a tiny bit more than the reprint, but this is going to kill the value of the original print run overall. This game was selling for a lot because it had high demand, not because it was particularly rare, and the vast majority of the demand was for the game itself, with those people not caring enough about the extras to bump the price up on the original copies to any significant degree.

Jorpho
02-12-2012, 02:04 AM
Oh dear. I actually snagged an extra copy with the intent to trade it off. Guess now is the time to sell, indeed.

substantial_snake
02-12-2012, 02:47 AM
I'll defiantly pick a copy of this up, by the time I was aware of it you already couldn't find it in stores and the online prices had bloomed in price.

Flashback2012
02-12-2012, 03:30 AM
Good news for the people wanting a copy of this game to play. Bad news for the scalpers and resellers. I got lucky forever ago and found a minty used one with everything included for $25. Since this is getting a reprint, I guess that leaves Infinite Space and possibly Phantasy Star 0 as the only RPGs to climb in value (and Suikoden Teirkreis if we're splitting hairs).

Junkyrdsalesman
02-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Good news for the people wanting a copy of this game to play. Bad news for the scalpers and resellers. I got lucky forever ago and found a minty used one with everything included for $25. Since this is getting a reprint, I guess that leaves Infinite Space and possibly Phantasy Star 0 as the only RPGs to climb in value (and Suikoden Teirkreis if we're splitting hairs).

is infinite space really all that rare? my local stare has 2 copies for $25 and i picked up a copy at gamestop for that same price

Press_Start
02-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Bad news for the scalpers and resellers.

Serves them right. The game is barely a year old and they want me to pay $70 a pop?! :bullshit::bullshit::bullshit:

substantial_snake
02-12-2012, 09:06 PM
is infinite space really all that rare? my local stare has 2 copies for $25 and i picked up a copy at gamestop for that same price

Another game I missed out on, amazon new price starts at 60 bucks with used prices going for 30 and ebay prices hover around the same. If your local store's copies are new then its an anamoly. I've been casually looking for months for both this and Radiant Historia and none of the local shops here have had it.

Nirvana
02-12-2012, 11:13 PM
I actually just got it off of GameFly for 28 bucks, and the case and manual all came with it. Still a good deal despite the fact it will be re-released. Not to mention the game is incredible so far. :)

Lady Jaye
06-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Looks like I got lucky, then. Snagged a copy tonight at Microplay for $25 including the outer box (in decent shape) and the CD (which was still sealed in its cardboard sleeve). :)

Swamperon
06-19-2012, 07:16 AM
EDIT: Never mind. Wrong topic.