PDA

View Full Version : 3ds demos & demo cartridges, how to get them?

ifkz
03-31-2011, 03:42 PM
I went into a Gamestop and played the Super Street Fighter IV 3d demo on one of their store display units. This got me thinking, is it possible to download this demo to a regular 3ds?

What exactly happens to the demo cartridge after it completes its run? Are they sent back to Nintendo and destroyed?

I know the regular SSFIV3D game uses the download and play option from what I've read online. My co-worker thinks it is erased when the system is powered down, is this true?

WanganRunner
03-31-2011, 03:51 PM
I imagine it's just like a normal DS demo, which ships on a special "Not for Resale" Cart, along with the download station carts, the Pokemon Distro carts, etc.

These are in pretty high demand, I've got a few for the DS.

PapaStu
04-01-2011, 01:34 AM
In theory they are taken back by Nintendo reps when they bring new carts to switch them out. Some carts are sent to stores and the old ones are supposed to be sent back in swaps.

That normally happens, but some get out or are left to the stores the units are in.

When it comes to using one card in a multiplayer type situation, it's loaded into RAM and the game plays from that. Turn it off, game goes away.