PDA

View Full Version : Earthbound/Mother/Whatever-

Bratwurst
07-29-2003, 10:37 PM
Anyone ever have any luck burning this game to cart? I'm looking for information on what a good doner cart would be and any wiring I might have to do in order to get it to work. Speaking of the shady English translation of the 'proto' that's been out there for some time, NES.

No, I'm not going to be selling it on ebay, I'm making it for my sister.

Incidentally, I could probably whore out my EEPROM programmer out if anyone needs that..

CanX
07-29-2003, 10:43 PM
Sorry I have no idea how to do that, but just wanted to mention that if you have a dreamcast you can emulated there. :)

Raccoon Lad
07-29-2003, 11:13 PM
There's also a NES emulator for the PSX that seems cool caled It might be NES, U could try also if you wanna console emulate it.
Otherwise search here, or possibly the old forums, I KNOW AlanD mentioned what was needed to build one of those..... it used some basketball cart, if I remember correctly.

FABombjoy
07-30-2003, 08:20 AM
If you have the ROM file, you should be able to read it and determine what MMC it uses. From there, cross-reference that against other NES games that use the same MMC & you'll have a list of doner carts.

In theory, of course.

Bratwurst
07-30-2003, 09:07 AM
Really, what are the chances of it being anything other than an MMC3? That said, for all I know it could be stuffed into a Dragon Warrior cart, which would be nice to know, but if anyone really has a clue (because some program insertions aren't so simple, certain legs of the chip may have to be jumpered elsewhere). You know.

I've already searched before and all I found was a few folk 'selling' or offering their copies they made for trade.