PDA

View Full Version : Shovel Knight

kupomogli
03-18-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm not a fan of digital so unless this gets a physical copy or a digital copy a lot cheaper than $10 I won't be purchasing it, but posting it here because maybe there are those of you here who want to help make this game happen. Looks great for what they already have available.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/shovel-knight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oy8iGGPc7zc

*edit*

Added kickstarter page.

Gamereviewgod
03-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Saw the trailer the other day. I'll grab this on XBLA or PSN the second its available. The shovel mechanic looks like a blast.

nickerous
03-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Looks good. I will probably get it on 3ds. I really hate digital only, but Pushmo and Crashmo opened my eyes a bit.

Gamereviewgod
03-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Looks good. I will probably get it on 3ds. I really hate digital only, but Pushmo and Crashmo opened my eyes a bit.

I hate it generally to, but with small devs and a small price, I'm okay with it.

kainemaxwell
03-19-2013, 03:50 PM
This looks really cool!

JSoup
03-19-2013, 10:02 PM
Looks awesome, might back this. Thanks for the link.

JSoup
04-17-2013, 10:56 PM
An update for anyone who hasn't been keeping up with the project, it passed four days ago and they'll be making a physical, NES styled box as well.

M.Buster2184
04-19-2013, 08:01 AM
Can't wait. Reminds me of Ghosts n' Goblins and Mega Man.

Wraith Storm
04-19-2013, 08:26 AM
This game looks like a blast! Like a mix of Megaman and The Adventures of Link.

The chip tune soundtrack sounds good too! I am not a fan of digital downloads but I might just have to get this one.

Nz17
07-20-2014, 05:30 AM
So did any of you PICK up Shovel Knight? Are you DIGGING it? The gameplay looks a lot like Duck Tales meets Mega Man or perhaps Zelda 2 with a dash of Mario 3 and modern gaming to boot. Does it LEVERAGE the shovel mechanic well, or is it just a SHALLOW replacement for a lance?

I guess what I really want to know is how good it is and what price it's worth picking it up at. I'm thinking I might wait until December when Steam discounts it 50-90%, but if it is good enough I might buy it earlier than that.

JSoup
07-20-2014, 08:00 AM
I haven't played it myself, but people keep telling me that it went to the Guacamelee school of gameplay. That is, it's not difficult in the conventional sense. It's the kind of difficult that is accessible and puts everything on the players. If you screw up and die? Not the games fault, nothing is trying to Super Meat Boy you, it's your own fault for [whatever you're doing or not doing goes here].

aingevt
07-22-2014, 03:16 PM
I've played through about half of it. The game delivers, for sure. The shovel doesn't feel gimmicky. I was scared it would have that "only hits emenies 1 pixel in front of you" thing that Zelda 2 had. Luckily, it doesn't. There is a little too much knock back when you land a strike or get hit yourself. Other than that, I'm loving it. Totally worth $14. I'm playing it on my 3DS, by the way.