PDA

View Full Version : Any fix for the NES 2's 'line' problem?

The Manimal
08-07-2003, 03:45 PM
This issue was mentioned a bit ago. That if you remove the shielding from the original NES, the picture picks up interference and looks the way the NES 2 always does (as said by ???). If this is true, has anyone tried to modify the NES 2 to correct this problem?

Captain Wrong
08-07-2003, 04:30 PM
I'm moving this to the restoration forum. I think we might have coverd this here, you might check some older topics.

And sorry I don't have an answer. That's why I sold my top loader. The poor video quality just wasn't worth it to me. :)

ApolloBoy
08-07-2003, 04:52 PM
I'm moving this to the restoration forum. I think we might have coverd this here, you might check some older topics.

And sorry I don't have an answer. That's why I sold my top loader. The poor video quality just wasn't worth it to me. :)

Aw man, you shouldn't have sold it! I've had one since '95 and I never had a problem with the picture. BTW, is there any reason why I should own a front-loader in addition to a top-loader?

The Manimal
08-07-2003, 04:55 PM
Lucky! I've owned FOUR of these units, and ALL had the 'line' problem. I currently own ONE. :)

omnedon
08-07-2003, 05:42 PM
Just enjoy the goodness of composite out on a front load NES with new pin installed. Best solution overall IMO.