PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Watching E3?

JakeM
06-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Microsoft goes up in 25 minutes. So far on Spike they showed Lego Marvel Avengers.

Lucifersam1
06-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Streaming it at my desk! Only a few minutes now...!

Microsoft goes up in 25 minutes. So far on Spike they showed Lego Marvel Avengers.

JakeM
06-10-2013, 12:44 PM
New 360 so far, and I hope MGS 5 is for PS4. It looked like a great game.

Lucifersam1
06-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Can't imagine it would be exclusive... talk about a poor decision.

New 360 so far, and I hope MGS 5 is for PS4. It looked like a great game.

JakeM
06-10-2013, 01:07 PM
They had Kojima there, but they showed it first and before the guy said theyd show exclusives. Itd be such a bad move if its exclusive.

Insomniac Studios rules! Too bad I wont be playing this new game of theirs.

Lucifersam1
06-10-2013, 01:58 PM
$499.... about what I thought... but 499 Euro? about $650 US? Was he misspoken?

Cloud121
06-10-2013, 02:01 PM
$500 for a Durango.

Take away the Kinect, and I guarantee you it wouldn't be more than $350.

Considering the fact it's already weaker spec-wise than the Orbis, this feels like a huge ripoff.

JakeM
06-10-2013, 02:02 PM
No, he said 499 Euros too.

The Saturn was $400 in 95, so over inflation thats a good price.

Cloud121
06-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Pretty weak conference in my opinion.

The sports fan in me is bummed I didn't get to see Madden or NBA Live, but I suppose there's always EA's presser at 2:30.

kupomogli
06-10-2013, 02:27 PM
I was interested in Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct, but the rest of the conference was disappointing. Ryse looked alright, but 50% of the game was QTE.

JakeM
06-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Pretty weak conference in my opinion.

The sports fan in me is bummed I didn't get to see Madden or NBA Live, but I suppose there's always EA's presser at 2:30.

Yeah, EA will fill your sports void.

LaughingMAN.S9
06-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Titanfall is the only one that made me sit up in my chair, that game looked amazing, suks its exclusive as i wont support xbox just on principle, especially not at that price but hopefully its just a timed exclusive since its ea published and not microsoft game studios

Forza looked good as usual but im a gran turismo fan so i'll live, quantum break is going to suck to not play but i'll live, if it ever comes o pc hopefully i'll have a gaming pc ready for it, apart from that the swery65 episodic game will probably be good as well as that panzer dragoon looking game but neither are system sellers

As long as sony doesnt come out the gate charging 600 for a new console or spying on me with the ps eye cam, they got my money

kupomogli
06-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Titan Fall is the Respawn/EA contract set of games. It's a one year exclusive for the 360/Xbox One. It'll be on the PS3/PS4 next year.

TheRetroVideoGameAddict
06-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Yaawwwwnnnnn

Honestly, I could care less about modern gaming, but I do enjoy reading up and seeing what the current consoles are up to and so far I can't say I'm overly impressed. Sure, Xbox 360 has World of Tanks coming, which could actually be a huge draw since tons of people play it online already and it has a massive following, but the XboxOne just doesn't have any excitement behind it at all. I personally think $499 is WAY too much to ask for a video game console and the system will most likely start off slow like the PS3 did when it launched at $599, the XBO won't catch steam for a couple of years until some major price cuts have been handed out on the hardware. Haven't we learned anything from the PS3 and 3DO launch?

Bleh.

The 1 2 P
06-10-2013, 03:17 PM
All in all Microsoft had a good conference. They stayed true to their word and kept it all about the games. They even showed 360 games. Even better, there were no Kinect games highlighted like past shows. Quantum Break, Ryse, TitanFall, Killer Instinct and Halo were exactly what I've been waiting for. I definitely could get behind that launch. But then they threw another redesign 360 that I'm going to have to pick up as well. My wallet's going to be mad at me.

The price was only somewhat surprising but not when you put it in comparison to the Wii U deluxe's $399 price. What was a surprise was that they only announced one sku and no subsidized model. Maybe they are saying those for later but if not than the one sku price is definitely unexpected after they made multiple skus the industry norm when they launched the 360. It's about damn time they are getting rid of Microsoft points and hopefully our current points easily convert over. The two free games initiative is cool too but I'm unsure if thats just for the XB1 or the 360 as well. Overall I liked what I saw but they still need to clear up their used game confusion.

LaughingMAN.S9
06-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Titan Fall is the Respawn/EA contract set of games. It's a one year exclusive for the 360/Xbox One. It'll be on the PS3/PS4 next year.

You have a source?

JakeM
06-10-2013, 04:28 PM
All in all Microsoft had a good conference. They stayed true to their word and kept it all about the games.

They just dont want to cause more backlash against the actual console by talking about it.

I hope at Sony's event they talk about their possible DRM features, or say there are none.

kupomogli
06-10-2013, 04:43 PM
You have a source?

Not officially, because they're not going to officially confirm it, but highly probable.

"“[That's] not to say we won’t [go multiplatform] in the future, but for our first game we wanted to focus on making the best game we could.” Which, if true, seems to give a bit of weight to the idea that TitanFall will only be a timed exclusive."

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/06/respawns-titanfall-leaks-online-xbopc-timed-exclusive/

Also at Neogaf. Someone at Gaf saw the quote above. It's from Gamer Informer.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61609681

The 1 2 P
06-10-2013, 04:58 PM
They just dont want to cause more backlash against the actual console by talking about it.

No, they just wanted to do exactly what they said they were going to do and focus the entire show on nothing but games. And they fully delivered.

I hope at Sony's event they talk about their possible DRM features, or say there are none.

I hope they reveal their plans also. But they might just focus on their games as well, saving any DRM details for a later date.

kupomogli
06-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Lords of Shadow 2 looked amazing. Mirror's Edge 2 was finally officially confirmed at the end of EA's conference with a great looking gameplay trailer. I'm interested the most in these two out of everything shown.

The 1 2 P
06-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Lords of Shadow 2 looked amazing. Mirror's Edge 2 was finally officially confirmed at the end of EA's conference with a great looking gameplay trailer.

I also enjoyed EA's show. Beyond the games you mentioned there was also the new UFC and the Star Wars: Battlefront teaser to get my interest.

Lucifersam1
06-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Perhaps, but that is (499 Euro) a huge price discrepancy from $499 US... why would the console cost so much more in the EU?

No, he said 499 Euros too.

The Saturn was $400 in 95, so over inflation thats a good price.

JakeM
06-10-2013, 07:09 PM
This black friday game teaser was like the watch dogs one last year. rip off!

Rob2600
06-10-2013, 08:42 PM
TitanFall features impressive graphics, but it's difficult to get excited about yet another grungy, brown and grey, bloated-Hollywood-budget war game that *needs* to sell 30 million copies or else the studio is bankrupt.

Seriously, this generation, we'll see more studios go bankrupt than ever before, because they insist on making drab, $200 million, copycat war games, instead of coming up with creative, innovative games on a reasonable budget. This 12-year glut of drab war games is depressing.

Yes, at various points in video game history, there was a glut of platformer games, beat 'em up games, and one on one fighting games, but those didn't require George Lucas budgets to create, and they were at least somewhat creative and colorful.

JakeM
06-10-2013, 08:50 PM
The past 3 hours has been so boringggg. A friend in Spain fell asleep apparently an hour ago. :S

kupomogli
06-10-2013, 09:43 PM
The PS4 was shown. Looks kind of ugly I think. I'd rather have it be completely square rather than diamond like rhombus.

JakeM
06-10-2013, 09:48 PM
the companies should hold a secret meeting, and be like some old time friends saying "ill show you mine, if you show me yours first" so then they can change what their boxes look like.

This asian dude is winning all of E3 right now with him and his buddies in that tweet.

Lucifersam1
06-10-2013, 10:01 PM
For as much as I didn't enjoy the Xbox One presentation, this is absolutely killing me inside. None of these guys can present, and it's BORING! I am definitely looking more forward to the upcoming PS3 releases more than the PS4. I may just get a Wii U this gen... wtf.

BHvrd
06-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Sony just showed a conceptual presentation by Quantic Dream starring a cursing wizard "as in saying cuss words" and a goblin potrayed as a black guy......wow, why must they try to fail so hard. Not only stupid as hell but I can already hear the racist jokes and bashing incoming.

All this headway Sony had for a great show and presentation and yet they are failing so hard, still watching, but man is it the ever usual boring as hell Sony press conference.

Frankie_Says_Relax
06-10-2013, 10:43 PM
There it is folks.

NO USED GAME RESTRICTIONS.

NO ONLINE REQUIREMENTS.

NO AUTHENTICATIONS.

kupomogli
06-10-2013, 10:44 PM
"PS4 will play used games and will not impose any restrictions. Also won't require any authentication." Quote from Jack Tretton. Not exact, but basically there's no restrictive DRM on PS4.

Tupin
06-10-2013, 10:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Sony is amazing.

kupomogli
06-10-2013, 10:47 PM
PS4 doesn't have free online. Online multiplayer requires PS+. It's a great service which I now pay for, but pretty bullshit required to pay for in order to play online. Not too bad since I'll still get free games for PS3, Vita, and PS4, but still pretty bs.

Frankie_Says_Relax
06-10-2013, 10:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Sony is amazing.

That is the best thing I've seen all day.

Greg2600
06-10-2013, 10:58 PM
There it is folks.

NO USED GAME RESTRICTIONS.

NO ONLINE REQUIREMENTS.

NO AUTHENTICATIONS.

Weren't you the one who swore there would be, on the DP podcast? ;)

kupomogli
06-10-2013, 10:58 PM
What's playing right now I'm thinking is Destiny. Looks lame, just like Halo.

JakeM
06-10-2013, 11:00 PM
That was the best moment of E3 history. The first time Ive seen people get up out of their seats and applaud something for a minute straight. Microsoft is thoroughly fucked.

kupomogli
06-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Three hundred ninety nine US dollars!

Lucifersam1
06-10-2013, 11:04 PM
The second part of the show got better, with no restrictions, and with that price, I guess it's going to be hard to say "no."

Three hundred ninety nine US dollars!

Frankie_Says_Relax
06-10-2013, 11:10 PM
PS4 will retail for $399 USD.

JakeM
06-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Sony kicked Microsoft in the nuts, stuck a hatchet in its back, fucked it bare, then set it on fire, and pissed right next to it as it burned and burned. Great job guys. :)

LaughingMAN.S9
06-10-2013, 11:15 PM
PS4 doesn't have free online. Online multiplayer requires PS+. It's a great service which I now pay for, but pretty bullshit required to pay for in order to play online. Not too bad since I'll still get free games for PS3, Vita, and PS4, but still pretty bs.

Can you link me to the part where they say psn+ is a requirement? My laptop lagged at that part

Im torn on it if this is the case, even tho i was planning on getting ps+ next go around, i at least wanted the option of walking away when i had my fill and just playing online free

Apart from that sony absolutely killed it, FUCKING KILLEDDDD IT!!!

They answred eveything that needed answering, didnt fuk over gamers, had a metric shit ton of games on display, a large part of that were exclusives or exclusive content, they just hit me with a blitz of reasons to get a ps4, meanwhile only thing on the xbox i wanted was titanfall, admitedly possibly the best in show across both platforms but sony makes it up in pure content

kupomogli
06-10-2013, 11:25 PM
Sony easily had the best conference this E3 and they did great where it counted. They didn't spend so much time showing off games we've already seen or games we didn't want to see. Every game they showed off got a little play time and they moved onto the next. Showing off a little Vita, PS3, and then the rest PS4. The announcement of the no DRM and the price drop was a bigger announcement than the games in my opinion, because it means that we can keep collecting through this gen, and not just the Wii U.

Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 shows Sony is securing exclusives for the end of the PS4's life as well, so we know in the future we'll still get some good games :P. Kidding, but I thought it was a funny joke I heard when Versus 13 was rumored to be for the PS4. Assuming we get these games in the early life of the PS4, then it does say that the PS4 is going to be the go to console for JRPGs and it's not going to take half the system life to become as such.

With the price difference and power of the PS4, Sony has won this next gen. If Microsoft didn't require Kinect they could have priced it at $300 or even $350 but they kind of shot themselves in the foot requiring something no one even wanted.

JakeM
06-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Even if its $5 a month, its still cheaper than Xbox One.

kupomogli
06-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Can you link me to the part where they say psn+ is a requirement? My laptop lagged at that part

It was shortly after the part where Jack Tretton announced the no DRM and poking fun at Microsoft the way he said it. I watched it live then xd out.

Greg2600
06-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Xbox One has become what PS3 was at launch, a mess.

LaughingMAN.S9
06-10-2013, 11:43 PM
It was shortly after the part where Jack Tretton announced the no DRM and poking fun at Microsoft the way he said it. I watched it live then xd out.

Doesnt matter, ultimately thats 60 dollars i get rewarded for unlike live where its a punishment

Now my only problem is deciding if i should ride out this year and pick up all the ps3 exclusives, last of us, gt6, beyond two souls along with gta v and the new splinter cell or jumping head first into ps4 and getting killzone as well as the best versions of battlefield, watchdogs and possibly cod ghosts

Im not going to have the time AND money for both, gta v by itself could eat into my life for he next 6 months lol

Not to mention the shitload of games ive been waiting to get cheap on black friday like metal gear revengeance, ni no kuni, far cry 3 andhopefully a goty edition of borderlands 2

This might be the best year in gaming since 09 or 2010, i remember one of those years almost having TOO many games i wanted lol

BHvrd
06-10-2013, 11:44 PM
What's playing right now I'm thinking is Destiny. Looks lame, just like Halo.

Come on, the first Halo was good. :p

I liked the way it looked alot. Massive scale online story mode with loot drops and gameplay very similar to the original Halo, color me impressed. Looked more or less like Borderlands to me, but with more players and better graphics, one of my favorite games of the show, actually want it.

LaughingMAN.S9
06-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Come on, the first Halo was good. :p

I liked the way it looked alot. Massive scale online story mode with loot drops and gameplay very similar to the original Halo, color me impressed. Looked more or less like Borderlands to me, but with more players and better graphics, one of my favorite games of the show, actually want it.

I was talking to my friend during he reveal and both said the same thing, destiny looks like halo in some steampunk wild wild west

The game is most likely good and i would love to check it out but so far, nothing they showed wowed me, i could take it or leave it at this point

badinsults
06-11-2013, 12:11 AM
It wasn't looking good for Sony during the first third of the show (look how underwhelming the reveal of the console was, man it is ugly). They picked up a bit showing off the indie games. Really, they could have cut their presentation down by half, and just showed "no DRM, no online checking, $100 less than Xbox One", and it would have been enough. The Xbone is so screwed.

The 1 2 P
06-11-2013, 12:35 AM
The two free games initiative is cool too but I'm unsure if thats just for the XB1 or the 360 as well.

Just read on another site it's for both and starts next month, although today gold members can download Fable III for free(not sure how long this last). I'm looking forward to future free AAA games. So far they also didn't say that you lose all of your free games if you cancel your gold subscription, which is a Plus, heh heh.

That used game announcement by Sony was appropriately timed, not so much because it finally answered those questions but more because they needed something drastic to wake up all the coma-induced viewers they put in that state thru sheer boredom. Not only was the conference boring but it was long and boring. Gaming wise they didn't show a single thing that interested me or any of the other people I know who were watching it.

Having said that, I'm glad they have no used game restrictions and that the price is $400. It's further proof that the used game model isn't broken. They'll probably lose some money on each system sold but I'm betting their number one priority is taking back market share from Microsoft in the US. And while the price gives them an advantage over Microsoft, the PS4's price makes the deluxe Wii U look even more over priced than it already did. Gamers with $400 this fall who have to decide rather to get a Wii U or PS4 will probably overwhelmingly choose the PS4.

Frankie_Says_Relax
06-11-2013, 12:37 AM
Weren't you the one who swore there would be, on the DP podcast? ;)

I did indeed.

I STILL can't imagine how game companies would have it on one console without full parity on another.

But, whatever Sony did or said that convinced all of these developers that the used game market won't be as troublesome in the next generation as Microsoft believes it will be ... well, I applaud them for that.

Thank you Sony for allowing this community to continue on without any significant disruption in the way that they conduct their personal business.

Rob2600
06-11-2013, 06:29 AM
Sony kicked Microsoft in the nuts, stuck a hatchet in its back, fucked it bare, then set it on fire, and pissed right next to it as it burned and burned. Great job guys. :)

No, Microsoft did that to itself.

But, whatever Sony did or said that convinced all of these developers that the used game market won't be as troublesome in the next generation as Microsoft believes it will be ... well, I applaud them for that.

Thank you Sony for allowing this community to continue on without any significant disruption in the way that they conduct their personal business.

So Microsoft is the only anti-consumer game company this generation. Microsoft's true colors finally come out.

Cloud121
06-11-2013, 09:24 AM
That was the best moment of E3 history. The first time Ive seen people get up out of their seats and applaud something for a minute straight. Microsoft is thoroughly fucked.

It was 1995 all over again.

InsaneDavid
06-11-2013, 10:18 AM
It was 1995 all over again.

Yup. Let's hope this is a return to form for Sony.

Ed Oscuro
06-11-2013, 12:39 PM
So Microsoft is the only anti-consumer game company this generation. Microsoft's true colors finally come out.
If you mean the only console manufacturer, by game company, then sure. But I am thinking that there must be a lot of large publishers (i.e. EA) who want the Xbox One model to become the standard.

I have to say, I'm rather excited for the PS4, even though I won't be getting one at launch and probably not for a long time after. I'll be watching closely though.

At this point I just want to see some more details about backwards compatibility - X86-based emulation? Or streaming? Or store-based purchases? Or nothing?

Greg2600
06-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Microsoft definitely had some backroom deal with EA and now it effed them.

As for the $100 price difference, that's due to the Kinect which people applaud for included but it makes it cost more.

klausien
06-11-2013, 02:33 PM
After all the shenanigans with Microsoft's announcements over the past few months, Sony's perfect strike was masterfully landed. People don't want a spybox in their living rooms, and they don't like the idea of not having full ownership of what they buy - despite the fact that all downloadable software from last gen is suspect. Bravo.

JakeM
06-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Saw some Nintendo stuff, Sonic game looks worth buying, Mario Kart 8 looks great, and the Wii Fit Girl being in Smash Bros is kinda funny, well the commercial was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lBoL1Ic9uWw

Rob2600
06-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Microsoft definitely had some backroom deal with EA and now it effed them.

As for the $100 price difference, that's due to the Kinect which people applaud for included but it makes it cost more.

Nobody is applauding Microsoft for including Kinect, a peripheral nobody wants.

The 1 2 P
06-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 shows Sony is securing exclusives for the end of the PS4's life.

Neither of those are exclusive to the PS4. They are also coming to XB1 (http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/11/kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-coming-to-xbox-one/).

kupomogli
06-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Infamous Second Son gameplay footage. Has framerate issues and one part in the video you see pop in far in the background(2:37) but it doesn't release until 2014 so should run at a stable framerate with hopefully that little pop in gone completely from the final version. I wish we would have seen this instead of a few of the third party offerings we saw at Sony's conference. Looks absolutely amazing. Infamous 2 is one of my favorite games on the PS3 so I am definitely getting a PS4 when this game releases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uibnf_Q_51s