PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3 Sound Stopped Working.

thewildace
06-30-2013, 02:11 AM
Just started having issues with my PS3, and can't get the sound to work on it now! It worked fine when I used it two days ago, and tried using it again today. The picture was very fuzzy for some reason, but was able to fix it by messing with the cables, but the sound isn't working at all! Everything seems to be plugged in well, and don't see any obvious issues with anything. Any ideas as to what the problem is, and how I can fix it, or what's causing the sound to not work at all? Thanks.

JakeM
06-30-2013, 04:05 AM
When you messed with the cables you could have bent it or something. If everything connected then thats my bet. Or the problem causing the bad screen has moved to the audio too. This is probably an over heating issue somewhere on the board.

bb_hood
06-30-2013, 04:10 AM
Are you using an HDMI cable? If so, is it a cheap one? If so, that might be your problem.

thewildace
06-30-2013, 04:16 AM
Oops, got it working, and I use the red, white, yellow cables, not HDMI. I did move the TV a little bit before to make it more straight, (when the system wasn't turned on), but not a whole lot. I plugged the cables onto different outputs on the TV, and the sound does work, but makes a bit of a buzzing noise. At least it works now, but is still strange as to why they don't work where they were plugged into before, as I put the three cables back into their original spots, with no sound. I guess it's pretty much the TV, and wonder how that ended up being the case? Pretty strange to say the least.

JakeM
06-30-2013, 06:51 AM
How old is the tv? What brand and model?

thewildace
06-30-2013, 03:34 PM
It's a Polaroid HDTV, and not sure exactly what the age on it is. Still weird that the sound sort of stopped working on it when I plugged the cables in their original position, and only work in a certain spot on it now. I'm planning on having the TV replaced soon anyway.

Frankie_Says_Relax
06-30-2013, 05:13 PM
It's a Polaroid HDTV, and not sure exactly what the age on it is. Still weird that the sound sort of stopped working on it when I plugged the cables in their original position, and only work in a certain spot on it now. I'm planning on having the TV replaced soon anyway.

Not uncommon for AV ports to break or become unresponsive in certain positions.

RCA connectors aren't digital for audio or video so there's potential for signal degradation depending on whether or not the connection is made fully and all of the conductive metal is touching properly.

Could be failing solder on the audio connection inside the TV. A lot of things it could be.