PDA

View Full Version : Today's massively underrated classic computer game is...Conquests of Camelot

Zap!
03-29-2014, 10:18 PM
Seriously, I don't know how this slipped under the radar so much. While I understand why King's Quest got all the credit (a similar series), this one was amazing in its own right. I had it for the Atari ST, around 1992 (a few years late). Words can't describe how much I played that game.

Was anyone else here into that game as much as I was?

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc388/Tenebraestudios/01title.jpg

Zap!
03-30-2014, 11:17 PM
See? It's so underrated, no one knows what it is. :D

YoshiM
03-31-2014, 12:24 AM
I.....think I played it in 1993.....maybe? Musicland was selling PC games for something like $10-15 and I picked up some adventure game....could be this. I recall not being able to get into it, but perhaps my 8088 had issues with it (I was already pushing things with a 256 color VGA card in it).

It's so underrated it wiped my memory.

Edmond Dantes
04-16-2014, 03:44 AM
Isn't this one of the games that Roger Wilco can land in if you press the wrong button in Space Quest?

Dashopepper
04-16-2014, 10:28 PM
I picked this up CIB a few weeks ago. I might have to emulate and use all the maps and stuff and give it a go. Anything I should know before getting in to it? Also im not to good with emulators, any suggestions? Last time I emmulated anything was probably 10 years ago.

Edmond Dantes
04-19-2014, 04:50 AM
I read just now that the actual writer of the game, Christy Marx, put both this and its sequel Conquest of the Longbow up for download on her website.

Here's the page for the Camelot game (http://www.christymarx.com/writing/camelot.htm) (the link that says "try this" leads to a download for the game).

I'm not sure if Christy actually has the legal authority to do this. She was the writer, but it was a work-for-contract thingy so Sierra should technically still own the copyright. Still, if you want to try it... although I don't see a link for the documentation or anything like that.

Incidentally, Christy Marx also worked on a number of 80s cartoons. I remember her name from Jem and the Holograms. Unless I'm thinking of someone else.