PDA

View Full Version : Barebones Sega Saturn help needed.

Pantechnicon
08-20-2003, 03:52 PM
The local Goodwill has two Sega Saturn consoles sitting there for teh cheap. Just the consoles, no hookups. I'd like to buy them, but...

-I actually have controllers for the system that I got in a box of loose hardware one day, no problem.

-power cord hookup looks the same as that of a PSX. Got one of those. No problem again.

-a/v cable? This is the problem. The connector on the back of the machines looks like the same type a/v cable as a Genesis II or III, but I'm not sure. Perhaps the diameter is different.

So, can I use a Genesis II/III a/v cable with a Saturn? Is there any other alternative cable, or do I have to try and find a dedicated one for the Saturn itself?

Thanks, folks.

omnedon
08-20-2003, 04:07 PM
Nope. You NEED a saturn cable. You should be able to get one on Ebay.

Pantechnicon
08-20-2003, 04:59 PM
Nope. You NEED a saturn cable. You should be able to get one on Ebay.

:roll: Oh, well. Not what I wanted hear, but thanks for the info, omnedon. You remain da Man.

Funk Buddy
08-20-2003, 05:34 PM
You can get probably get them cheaper than eBay from Lik-Sang.

oesiii
08-20-2003, 06:37 PM
I got a Madkatz adapter a few years ago for a barebones PSX, I think it was 10 or 12 bucks. But it had plugs for the Genesis, N64, Dreamcast, and Saturn. I didn't have any of those consoles yet but I eventually did get them for under $5 at fleas and thrifts and the cable came in handy :)

Pantechnicon
08-21-2003, 10:08 AM
I got a Madkatz adapter a few years ago for a barebones PSX, I think it was 10 or 12 bucks. But it had plugs for the Genesis, N64, Dreamcast, and Saturn. I didn't have any of those consoles yet but I eventually did get them for under $5 at fleas and thrifts and the cable came in handy :)

Hmm...actually I've got some sort of freaky MadCatz multi-port RF cable. I don't know if it has a DC end on it or not, but I'll check it out when I head home today.

If I can't find the cable locally I'll probably just not bother with the consoles at Goodwill. I'm not jonesing terribly for a Saturn yet. It can wait until I can get a deal on a decent complete system if push comes to shove.