PDA

View Full Version : Are system kiosks in stores dead?

Gameguy
12-20-2017, 11:54 PM
Just wondering if display kiosks no longer exist for modern consoles, I haven't seen any in stores since the Xbox 360 days. EB Games/Gamestop don't have any, they just have a TV playing trailers for new games. I haven't seen a Nintendo Wii U or a Nintendo Switch running in person yet. Maybe it's a regional thing but it seems like they just don't exist anymore for whatever reason.

PreZZ
12-21-2017, 07:27 AM
Just wondering if display kiosks no longer exist for modern consoles, I haven't seen any in stores since the Xbox 360 days. EB Games/Gamestop don't have any, they just have a TV playing trailers for new games. I haven't seen a Nintendo Wii U or a Nintendo Switch running in person yet. Maybe it's a regional thing but it seems like they just don't exist anymore for whatever reason.

no ive seen wii u, switch , ps4 and one store displays, they always had ones in all the best buy locations here around montreal.

mailman187666
12-21-2017, 08:13 AM
I see them in Best Buy, Target, and Toys R Us. They aren't so much kiosks but more like small gaming setups with anti-theft on the console and controllers. I see 3DS stations as well.

Aussie2B
12-21-2017, 08:27 AM
I imagine demand for them has lessened a lot now that people can just download demos to their own systems. Kiosks are only really useful for people who want to try out a system they've yet to buy.

Gameguy
12-21-2017, 11:37 PM
I haven't been to a Best Buy in years, maybe kiosks are still around near me. I do remember seeing 3DS displays the last time I was in a Best Buy, packed full of kids so I couldn't try the system out. Maybe I'll visit one again. I stopped going when I tried to buy a single DVD and only one register would accept cash, it was a long wait to get to that one register.

I remember years ago seeing kiosks at Walmart too but they're long gone at this point.

Gamevet
12-24-2017, 09:09 AM
Walmart used to have gaming displays you could play back in the PS2 era. The last one I recall playing there was New Super Mario Bros. on the Wii setup on an end cap in the electronics section.

BlastProcessing402
12-27-2017, 12:41 PM
I see them for recent systems at Target pretty often. Not always with anything playable in them (often stuck in the system menus) but they're there.

Emperor Megas
12-27-2017, 12:45 PM
I've seen them in Gamestop for the PS4 and the XBONE. Earlier this year.