PDA

View Full Version : *Blank* is the Newest Console I'll Ever Own Because *Reason*

Nz17
08-22-2018, 01:31 AM
Here's how this thread works: name the console which is the newest (most recently released) console you'll ever personally own and explain why you won't step past this virtual line in the sand.

Examples:

The Dreamcast is the newest console I'll ever own because it was the last console SEGA ever made. (Technically the Advanced Pico Beena was the last one, but I digress.)

The PlayStation 2 is the newest console I'll ever own because I want a complete game on a disc, not a 50% game, 50% DLC mess!

The Wii U is the newest console I'll ever own because I shouldn't have to pay to play online!

The Atari Lynx is the newest console I'll ever own because ATARI FOREVER!

gbpxl
08-23-2018, 07:41 PM
GameCube. last generation when games still didnt feel like carbon copies of one another, no online requirements for the most part, quick load times, wired controllers. and i grew up on this gen the most

kupomogli
08-24-2018, 03:30 AM
The PS5 or Switch 2 will be the last consoles I (potentially) own because I'm suspecting the following generation to be digital only.

TwinChargers
08-24-2018, 11:16 AM
The PS3 is the newest console I'll ever own because I currently see no real reason to upgrade. My favorite genre/era of games is arcade ports of the 80-90's. Realistically, the PS2 covered that ground nicely, and I could have very well stopped there. I will admit, it was nice getting a PS3 with its fancy wireless controllers and ability to play The Pinball Arcade, and it was my first Blu-Ray player, but there hasn't been any reason to upgrade beyond what the PS3 has offered for myself.

I'm not overly wild about not "physically" owning some games. I know that it is inevitable. I own a slew of arcade and retro game compilations on a bunch of various platforms (most of which I purchased for well under $20) and now those individual games on those discs are being offered for a buck or two a piece. Makes little sense to me to buy them yet again at a premium price. Lord knows how many Namco Arcade collections I already own across the last few generations.