PDA

View Full Version : Power Stone 1 + 2: Dreamcast Versus PSP and Pricing

Nz17
10-12-2019, 12:15 PM
I have been well aware for a long time that Power Stone 1 and 2 have gotten to be expensive for the SEGA Dreamcast (about $60 or more for game-only each). I also know that the PlayStation Portable (PSP) got ports of both on one UMD (about $20 for game-only for them both) which might be cheaper for the Japanese ones. And as you might imagine, the Japanese Dreamcast copies of Power Stone 1 and 2 are much cheaper than the North American and European Dreamcast copies (about $30 for game-only each). What are the pros and cons of each choice considering price and features? I'm leaning toward importing the Japanese Dreamcast copies eventually, but I'm not sure. :-/

ScourDX
10-21-2019, 11:04 PM
It really depends if you are a portable guy or console sit down kind of guy. I am leaning toward portable side. In this case, the original Dreamcast version is better because the arcade is based on the Naomi board and you can plugin 4 players setup on the fly. Setting up the PSP for multiplayer can be messy and require you to buy 4 copies and 4 PSP. Only benefits PSP have is the two collection in one. You can also hookup PSP 2000/3000 to HD-TV with 1080p output. If you add up the cost and setup, the DC version is more appealing.

kupomogli
10-23-2019, 03:14 AM
Although, the plus side with the PSP version is that you can play multiplayer through the PS3 with adhoc party(Japanese version is more stable.) No split screen and online play.