PDA

View Full Version : New Zelda! *explodes*

Rev. Link
05-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Oh my dear God in heaven! :D

I loved TWW, thought it was one of the most fun Zeldas around, even though it was way too easy. But as much as I liked it, I always hated the way it looked. Not really the cell shading, 'cuz I didn't have a big problem with that, but the character designs. They were just goofy!

But now, when I thought it would never actually happen, we're actually going to get a Zelda game using the graphics from the Space World 2000 demo! But, of course, even better now since graphics have improved in the past 4 years.

I'm not a graphics whore, not in the least. Like I said, I loved TWW. But it's soooo nice to get a Zelda game that will actually look and feel as epic as it's always been in my head! Thank you, Miyamoto, thank you! I cried when I saw this video footage! ^_^;

Now, the long wait for a release begins.

autobotracing
05-11-2004, 03:16 PM
was this at e3?

where did you find this info?

Rev. Link
05-11-2004, 03:21 PM
It was from Nintendo's pre-E3 conference. It's all over all the major news sites (IGN, Gamespot, Nintendo.com, etc.) but good luck getting in. They're all so bogged down right now, it took me forever to get a look at the actual video.

I finally got to see it from both Gamespot and Nintendo.com. Gamespot's is tiny and in poor quality, but uses the orchestrated music from the guy that did the Conan the Barbarian theme. Nintendo.com's is bigger and much sharper, but uses what kind of sounds like in-game music, but not the traditional Zelda theme we all know and love.

ClubNinja
05-11-2004, 03:22 PM
E3 indeed... see some images for yourself:

http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/94f83d5f-a86c-4e98-bd79-b209e14cfce5.jpg

http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/c63e1ad3-8e41-4de3-8e21-b957db7e1bff.jpg

http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/c2614fdb-87de-4b59-b0c6-d3e2eac5796b.jpg

http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/8c3bb913-c29f-415b-9d11-9d91b5320805.jpg

Aussie2B
05-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Wow, that's mighty impressive. I know A LOT of people who are going to be very happy about this news.

YoshiM
05-11-2004, 03:39 PM
If that's true and those are in game graphics all I can say is

X_x

Now gimme some decently difficult dungeons and some LAND to run around on and I'll be a happy guy.

autobotracing
05-11-2004, 03:49 PM
besides the graphics and all the damn sailing I liked windwaker.

If this plays as good as it looks I will buy it.

TheJuggala
05-11-2004, 03:56 PM
@_@ @_@ @_@ Those graphics are killer, i really hope that's the next zelda game.

Rev. Link
05-11-2004, 03:57 PM
If that's true and those are in game graphics all I can say is

X_x

Now gimme some decently difficult dungeons and some LAND to run around on and I'll be a happy guy.

Oh, it's true. When it's on Nintendo's own site, you know it's true.

I agree about the difficulty, though. I beat TWW in a week, found every item, didn't die once (didn't even have to use a fairy), and had virtually no help from guides. So I hope this game is more of a challenge.

I'm sure it'll be full of land, too. The video shows Link swordfighting on horseback! X_x

Crush Crawfish
05-11-2004, 03:58 PM
That zelda looks so great! I loved WW, but I missed the ground....too much water. I can't wait for this one!

Dobie
05-11-2004, 04:11 PM
I'm not one to bash Wind Waker (I loved the game--a LOT), but after seeing that video, I feel like we somehow got cheated with Wind Waker. The landscapes, castle, music, and everything about those 30 or so seconds screamed REAL Ocarina of Time sequel. Sweetness. The anticipation already starts.

Can we preorder yet? LOL

le geek
05-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Wow.

It's been a while since I've had "that fanboy feeling". I loved Windwaker (two more dungeons would have been even better though), but have you d/led the new Zelda Trailer?

God Damn, Link was BORN AGAIN HARD!!!

Sweeeeeeet...
Ben

buttasuperb
05-11-2004, 04:22 PM
http://www.buttasuperb.com/zeldanew.mpg

The Collector
05-11-2004, 04:23 PM
Just one comment..... :O

sweeet!!!

Rev. Link
05-11-2004, 04:23 PM
Sweet. There's a d/l'able version of the trailer available at www.gametrailers.com now. It's big, clear, and has the good Conan music!

tholly
05-11-2004, 04:50 PM
wow....those graphics are amazing...i cant wait for this game to come out....hopefully they dont decide to change it and go with cell shading again.

autobotracing
05-11-2004, 04:58 PM
damn link looks like a badass in that video :rocker:

gamegirl79
05-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Wow, I'm very impressed!! It's nice to finally see Link looking like the stud he really is. I can't wait for this one. :-P

Perkar
05-11-2004, 05:21 PM
well, let me say first... zelda looks absolutely amazing...

i was at the conference and when shiggy came out on stage... everyone knew he had something great to tell...

he said a few words and BAM video started playing... the entire place appluaded instantly... it was absolutely great.

the part in the forest looks gorgeous... christ, i'm pretty excited right now, so excuse my rambling... i think i'll cut it off now.

goatdan
05-11-2004, 06:04 PM
Wow.

GameCube Game? Release target?

Something tells me that it will be released on November 9th, but I don't know what... :)

tholly
05-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Wow.

Something tells me that it will be released on November 9th, but I don't know what... :)

that would be great if this game was released within the year, but i dont think it will happen, unless nintendo has been working on this a lot long than i would think they have

kainemaxwell
05-11-2004, 07:06 PM
Most impressive, young Skywalker.

Richter
05-11-2004, 07:23 PM
;_; that was amazing O.O

i wanna see Zelda =P

whoisKeel
05-11-2004, 08:07 PM
that's the first time i've actually gotten excited by a game trailer in ... years.

sabre2922
05-11-2004, 11:00 PM
MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN HEARD!!!!
Thank you Mr. Miyamoto YOU ARE A GOD!
Now that is the ZELDA I KNOW AND LOVE!
damn beautifull Gamecube game, truly amazing @_@
I havent been this stoked about a new game for years prob since TOOT and/or Metal gear Solid on PSX!
thanks Nintendo you finally brought back that tingly feeling I have missed for sooo long (insert smart remark here) I dont really care this is freakin great I would be happy with my GC if the only games I owned for it were this new ZELDA and the Metroid Prime games :D

atomicthumbs
05-11-2004, 11:03 PM
http://img30.photobucket.com/albums/v89/atomicthumbs/heroriseagain.jpg

Drexel923
05-12-2004, 12:04 PM
I never would have expected this, especially since most people thought we would see Wind Waker 2 at E3. But this is certainly great news. :D I checked out the video from IGN and the game looks awesome already. I especially like how Link can ride Epona and attack other riders with his sword. I'm sure the gameplay will be as solid as its been in the last few years.

Ed Oscuro
05-12-2004, 06:18 PM
Now wait, this really is the GC? Doing this stuff? Whoa.

Improved graphics? Heh, that's an understatement...I thought WW's graphics were good from a stylistic point of view but I had assumed we were looking more or less at the series' pinnacle, seeing how some of the dungeons with hordes of monsters running around had some noticeable slowdown in the more frenzied moments. Guess that little box has more inside than we'd guessed :P

Rev. Link
05-12-2004, 06:53 PM
And now, we're getting a new 2D Zelda on GBA! Man, this is great, this means we're about to get 3, maybe 4 new Zelda games!

I'm really looking forward to the GBA game now too. ALttP is still my all-time favorite game, and I'm hoping Flagship (who I thought did great work on the Oracle games) can give us something that may even compete with that!

hydr0x
05-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Now wait, this really is the GC? Doing this stuff? Whoa.

haven't you seen the Resident Evil 4 trailer yet?????

DigitalSpace
05-12-2004, 09:53 PM
:dance:

This looks awesome! I'm at a loss for words.

Raedon
05-13-2004, 01:37 PM
http://www.buttasuperb.com/zeldanew.mpg

ty

Sibs
05-13-2004, 06:40 PM
I almost wet my pants when I saw the movie. Adult Link is back, sweet! I sure hope there isn't too much sailing involved like in Wind Waker.

Rev. Link
05-13-2004, 06:44 PM
I'm gonna guess little to no sailing.

Lotsa horseback riding, I hope. Can't wait to ride into battle! :D

RetroYoungen
05-13-2004, 06:55 PM
Those pics made me WOW. I've never been a big Zelda person, but the look is exTREMELY impressive.

QBert
05-13-2004, 07:07 PM
This is insane!

When Zelda's released it may be time I get myself a GC!

:P

Qbert

NintendoMan
05-13-2004, 10:33 PM
Wow.

that would be great if this game was released within the year, but i dont think it will happen, unless nintendo has been working on this a lot long than i would think they have

Oh yeah, we have a while to wait! I read that nintendo is going to try and have a demo at e3 2005. So the game probably wont be released until fall '05.

It will take a long time to make a great game. Didn't Ocarina of Time take like 4 years to make?

Rev. Link
05-13-2004, 11:03 PM
OoT took 3 years. But then, we don't know how long this game has been in development. It's obviously something they've already put some effort into.

Ed Oscuro
05-13-2004, 11:14 PM
Hmm, but you remember that in 1995 you had that really primitive stuff (as in my slides) that looked NOTHING like the end product. I'm wondering if this is the end result of the old realistic Spaceworld Zelda demo from years ago... :O

Rev. Link
05-13-2004, 11:23 PM
Right, that's what I'm thinking.

I'm sure the game still has to have that Nintendo polish put onto it, but I think most of the main body of work is probably done.

NintendoMan
05-14-2004, 08:06 AM
This is insane!

When Zelda's released it may be time I get myself a GC!

:P

Qbert

Oh come on Qbert, you haven't bought a gamecube yet? What the hell, there only $99 and they are the best system out!
(I am a nintendo boy though :D )

Will this Zelda game maybe get you to buy one when the time comes?

NintendoMan
05-14-2004, 08:12 AM
[quote=I think most of the main body of work is probably done.[/quote]

I am sort of thinking that too, but I MORE think that nintendo still has ALOT of work to be done to the game yet. I am sure it won't hit til late '05, but maybe I'm wrong and it will come out next week, yeah.

No really though, I am so EXCITED, words can't describe what I am feeling. Ocarina of Time is my fav game of all time. I am not some super Zelda maniac, like I am to the Mario game, but still do have all the Zelda's. Just all that land and travel in OOT, I am just so happy!

So the whole time Nintendo was saying they were putting out Wind Waker 2, when in reality they were just doing that so they could surprise us at E3.
I guess another Wind Waker will be held off til a later date.

captain nintendo
05-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Yet another good title coming out for Nintendo (hopefully soon)

Cant wait to reserve it :D

hydr0x
05-14-2004, 09:46 AM
too, but I MORE think that nintendo still has ALOT of work to be done to the game yet. I am sure it won't hit til late '05, but maybe I'm wrong and it will come out next week, yeah.

LATE 05, pffff, sorry but yeah, it's probably not going to be 04, but LATE 05, no way, look at the video, A LOT seems to have been done already, and if you consider the fact that this is the zelda game they have been working on since WW i think it's impossible to take that long...

NintendoMan
05-14-2004, 02:39 PM
won't hit til late '05, but maybe I'm wrong and it will come out next week, yeah.

LATE 05, pffff, sorry but yeah, it's probably not going to be 04, but LATE 05, no way, look at the video, A LOT seems to have been done already, and if you consider the fact that this is the zelda game they have been working on since WW i think it's impossible to take that long...

My bad, but can't tell if you think it will come out in '04 or '05?

Yeah, and a good game will take this long. It took Nintendo 3 years to finish the OOT for N64 so could easily take more time on this one. But who knows?

Rev. Link
05-14-2004, 02:47 PM
So the whole time Nintendo was saying they were putting out Wind Waker 2, when in reality they were just doing that so they could surprise us at E3.
I guess another Wind Waker will be held off til a later date.

Actually, according to Miyamoto, this game is using TWW's engine, just with different graphics. So this game is "TWW2" they kept talking about.

Aussie2B
05-14-2004, 02:55 PM
Just as long as I don't have to fucking pack around some dumbass character in every goddamn dungeon. x_x

I still can't understand how Nintendo would think it a good idea to take the WORST part of Ocarina of Time and repeat it multiple times in Wind Waker.

Rev. Link
05-14-2004, 02:59 PM
From the looks of it so far, Link's gonna be too busy kicking ass to have to deal with anything like that. :)

The Manimal
06-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Cool! Those screenshots show how Link should have looked all along (unlike the Windwaker 'look').

Chooky
06-06-2004, 12:06 AM
Reviving dead topics makes baby Jesus cry. :(

Rev. Link
08-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Reviving dead topics makes baby Jesus cry. :(

Oh yeah??

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Poofta!
08-08-2007, 11:27 AM
actually it was real interesting reading through what we were saying about Z:TP 3 years ago =P

Wolfrider31
08-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Zombie thread! Brainnnnns Braiiiinnnnnnssssss.

Hep038
08-08-2007, 12:27 PM
So you dug up your own dead thread you started with nothing new to add? That is like spiting in your own coke and drinking it.

Drexel923
08-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Bumping an old thread for no reason whatsoever! *explodes*