PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke Revolution 2 songlist

Kroogah
05-17-2004, 04:44 PM
Damn. Interesting mix of genres this time around.

Baby One More Time
Jessie's Girl
Born to Be Wild
Lady Marmalade
Cry
Let's Get It On
Drift Away
Miss You
Every Breath You Take
My Girl
Friends in Low Places
Papa Don't Preach
Genie in a Bottle
Perfect
Heartbreak Hotel
Rich Girl
Here Without You
Rock and Roll All Night
Hot Stuff
Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay
I Believe in a Thing Called Love
Sweet Home Alabama
I Hate Everything About You
First Cut is the Deepest
I Will Survive
The Joker
I'll Make Love To You
Toxic
I'm With You
Virtual Insanity
Irresistible
We Are Family
It's My Life
White Flag
I've Got You Under My Skin

All I can say is Marvin, Otis, and Jamiroquai = bought

Chunky
05-17-2004, 04:52 PM
very nice mix, will be on the buyitnow list for sure.

Jasoco
05-17-2004, 06:57 PM
Wow.. that's a nice mix. Songs even I can like.

What system is this BTW?

scooterb23
05-17-2004, 06:58 PM
[resurrecting old joke]

Britney + Madonna + Kiss = :rocker:

[/resurrecting old joke]

petewhitley
05-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Wow.. that's a nice mix. Songs even I can like.

What system is this BTW?

PS2. "It's My Life" actually has me the most excited. Sung in accordance to the Talk Talk version of course...

digitalpress
05-17-2004, 07:43 PM
This is an awesome playlist. Many more "oldies" and familiar stuff than the first one. Even though I had to learn half of the songs on the original disc my wife and I pretty much wore that game out.

One thing though. The original has an option for "append", with the expectation that there would be add-on (and subsequently lower priced) capability. Did Konami double back on this? Looks like Revolution 2 is the same price as the original, and likely a standalone product. What's up with that?

Lady Jaye
05-17-2004, 07:48 PM
One thing that's annoying is that they don't announced who's the original singer of the song. Take the song Perfect. Is that the Smashing Pumpkins' Perfect, or is it another song?

mikeetler
05-17-2004, 07:52 PM
One thing though. The original has an option for "append", with the expectation that there would be add-on (and subsequently lower priced) capability. Did Konami double back on this? Looks like Revolution 2 is the same price as the original, and likely a standalone product. What's up with that?

Pretty sure it's a standalone only deal. Can you name one console add-on disc that did even marginally ok in the US? I think 3DO Shockwave: Operation Jumpgate and PSX GTA: London sealed the fate of add on discs for the time being.

I'll definitely be picking this up week of release though.

punkoffgirl
05-17-2004, 08:24 PM
Eww... THREE Britney Spears songs?

scooterb23
05-17-2004, 08:38 PM
I will pull something trying to hit the high notes in I Believe in a Thing Called Love...

And I wonder which version of Cry will be on here...the Faith Hill version I hated, the Angie Aparo version I love, or the completely unrelated Godley & Creme version from the 80s??

I still need to get the first one...that'll just lock me in to be a virgin until I'm 40...

Brisco
05-18-2004, 01:07 AM
"It's My Life" actually has me the most excited. Sung in accordance to the Talk Talk version of course...

I think that the song is most likely the Bon Jovi song.

Jasoco
05-18-2004, 01:11 AM
I'd rather it be an all 80's or Classic Rock version. That I would buy, even though I don't usually sing in front of people. But I do sing along to songs on the radio...

petewhitley
05-18-2004, 01:22 AM
One thing that's annoying is that they don't announced who's the original singer of the song. Take the song Perfect. Is that the Smashing Pumpkins' Perfect, or is it another song?

Simple Plan.

And I wonder which version of Cry will be on here...the Faith Hill version I hated, the Angie Aparo version I love, or the completely unrelated Godley & Creme version from the 80s??

Faith Hill.

I think that the song is most likely the Bon Jovi song.

No Doubt.

Version information is HERE (http://www.karaokerevolution.net/info.php). It's a fan site, but they were spot on accurate when the 1st one came out.

Lady Jaye
05-18-2004, 10:10 AM
Thanks! I dunno, but would it be asking too much from Konami to include that info with all subsequent releases of Karaoke Revolution sets? I mean, there are many songs that share titles, like the above-mentioned examples.

Syxx573
05-18-2004, 03:49 PM
You know I'm there.

zmweasel
05-22-2004, 11:54 PM

Konami is releasing V2 as a standalone 'cause it has a bunch of new features: Medley Mode (three to five "short" songs one after another), Quick Play (pick and choose a single song), lots of new characters, three new venues, and unlockable cheats. More than just new songs, in other words.

V2 also adjusts the gameplay a bit, in that you don't have to be quite so precise at the start of each "Note Tube." The producer of KR noticed that the only way testers could get high scores in the Expert mode was by "pre-singing," so that the Pitch Arrow appeared before reaching the Note Tube. You don't have to be that crazy anymore.

-- Z.

Funk Buddy
12-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Hate to bump a topic this old... but since it has to do with this game.

I just picked this up and have a question before I buy other versions.

Is it me or do you have to sing higher than the real song?

I'm using the headset, not a mic. I played it last night and I'll be damned if I didn't have to sing way higher than the song. My voice is trashed today, god I hope the neighbors didn't hear my so called singing. :embarrassed:

PapaStu
12-22-2005, 11:03 PM
You might just need to move the mic closer to you. There is a mic adjuster that you can set up (as well as make noise in before the song starts so you know where you are tonally (is that even a word?). Last time I played 3, I used a headset and found it picked me up easier when I held it like it was a regular stick mic.

Austin
12-23-2005, 08:06 AM
Yeah, Papastu is right. You really need to hold those headsets close to your mouth to get them to pick up right. I'd bet that is your problem.

Funk Buddy
12-23-2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the tips. I did adjust the mic and it helped a little. I really need to learn some of the lyrics too. LOL

How loud do you sing? I still can't sing in a normal voice and have it register right.

PapaStu
12-23-2005, 11:53 AM
I tend to sing a little low and push the pitch and that covers it alright for me. I tend to kill on the basic setting and pretty good on the normal setting.