PDA

View Full Version : "Rare" (or more uncommon) Gamecube Games?

Vectorman0
12-27-2004, 05:14 PM
I have just decided to start collecting GC games, and wasn't able to find much regarding GC oddities by searching.

I know that Resident Evil 2/3 go for a pretty good amount. And it seems that Backyard Baseball may be uncommon, according to eBay sellers. I also thought I may have heard of a Phantasy Star title that is rare.

Can anyone confirm any of this? And does anyone want to help assemble a list?

Thanks

joshnickerson
12-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Cubivore is a title to look out for, especially since most games by Atlus seem to go up in value over the years. Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 and 2 (not the re-release "Plus") can be hard to find.

MegaDrive20XX
12-27-2004, 05:47 PM
I know Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2 (original) was rare for a while, could be still until PSO PLUS arrived

RE Code Veronica X is probably the next one to be rare along the lines of RE2/3

Zelda Collector's Edition fetches a better value then Zelda Master Quest as well

MarioAllStar2600
12-27-2004, 05:58 PM
This thread has been done before, but we'll let it slide.

- SlugFest 2003
- Disney SPorts series
- Ikaruga
- Zelda Collectors edition
- Bust A Move 200
- NCAA Basketball 2003
- Resident Evil 2,3, and Code Veronica

Cubivore is common!

Dobie
12-27-2004, 06:21 PM

- SlugFest 2003
- Disney SPorts series
- Ikaruga
- Bust A Move 200
- NCAA Basketball 2003

Cubivore is common!

Ikaruga is percieved to be rare, but it had at least two printings! It sold at retail for 19.99 for several months and was widely available. I have to agree that Bust a Move 3000 is rare, as is NCAA 2K3. Slugfest 2004 is harder to find than 2003--at least in my experience.

sleepycal
12-27-2004, 06:25 PM
Gauntlet Dark Legacy

hydr0x
12-27-2004, 06:42 PM
well, you should get Max Play Vol. 1 it's the only unlicensed GC title...

Vectorman0
12-27-2004, 06:52 PM

- SlugFest 2003
- Disney SPorts series
- Ikaruga
- Bust A Move 200
- NCAA Basketball 2003

Cubivore is common!

My apologies. I searched the forums but didn't find anything prior to posting.

Thanks for the responses, and can anyone point me in the direction of this older topic which I can't seem to locate?

DigitalSpace
12-28-2004, 01:27 AM
Zelda Collectors Edition is not rare or uncommon, and probably won't be. Even though it was a pack-in exclusive, a lot of people bought Gamecubes during the promotion and it was included as a bonus with a $20 subscription to Nintendo Power for a short time as well. It will wind up like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy II & III on the SNES: Not rare or uncommon, but demand will make it pricey.

I have yet to see a copy of Cubivore anywhere. The closest I've came is missing one that popped up at a Gamestop because someone beat me to it. I think that will be one of the rarest GC games in the future, if not the rarest.

As for variants, I think the Player's Choice versions of Burnout and Dave Mirra 2 will be uncommon - I've only seen a PC Burnout twice and a PC Dave Mirra once. Blame it on Acclaim. This won't mean anything unless you're a variant collector though, and even then they won't be worth much.

dbiersdorf
12-28-2004, 04:00 AM
I used to collect GameCube, I'll help you out.

- Cubivore (Runs for $25-40)
- Bust-a-Move 3000 (Runs anywhere from $25-90)
- NCAA Basketball 2K3 (Sealed copies can top off at $125)
- MLB Slugfest 2004 (Goes around $50, I sold a sealed one about 3 months ago for $70)
- Reisdent Evil 2 (Probably the rarest of all the GCN RE games)
- Reisdent Evil 3 (Not far behinf RE 2)

Games that are not rare!

- Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Prices dropped like hot cakes, no one really cares about it, and in the end isn't that hard to find.

- Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Just recenently had another print run and can be found at almost any Best Buy for $14.99.

- Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition
It's not rare, at all, it just has demand, which is why people pay for such crazy amounts for it, I mean it is four Zelda games, who doesn't want that?

- Skies of Arcadia Legends
Again, not rare, just has demand, well it did until it got another print not too long ago. Easy to get ahold of now.

- Phantasy Star Online I and II
It had demand, seeing as how it was the only online title for GC for awhile, but then SEGA released the Plus package and totally destroyed any price this baby had.

Games that will most likely become rare.

- Gotcha Force
Look at the game, it never hit mainstream, reviewers hated it, and it went on retail for $40. Only recently did Capcom drop its price to $19.99, but good luck finding it.

- Top Angler
The only fishing game for the GameCube and currently racks in around $30 on eBay everytime. Didn't sell well and was published by an unknown company, get this one while you can.

- Go! Go! Hypergrind
Another Atlus title (the people who published Cubivore), it is extremely Japanese and is said to be the worst selling game for the GameCube. It was too violent to be kiddy, and was too cartoony to be mainstream, it went no where.

- Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc
Had a small print run and can fetch up to $50 on eBay, they have demand seeing as how it's own of the only ways to get the elusive Jirachi Pokemon.

- Disney's Sports Titles
Were really uncommon in the states and didn't sell well. From what I know the Soccer title did fairly well in Europe so PAL copies are a snap to find, but to this say I've never seen one in a retailer aside from one copy of the basketball game. Oh and don't mix up the skateboarding titles, the one made by Activision is simple to locate, but the one by Konami could cost you quite a bit.

- Mickey and Minnie's Hide and Sneak
The follow up to Magical Mirror didn't do nearly as well, Nintendo didn't publish it and it was completely kid orientied sold like crap too.

Mayhem
12-28-2004, 07:06 AM
I'll agree on the games you said are NOT rare... Skies of Arcadia used to be hard to find and then BOOOMMM, about 6 months ago all these copies started appearing second hand in shops. I think there was at least one copy at EVERY shop that QoF and I went to when I was in the US last month.

Didn't realise Bust-a-Move 3000 was hard to find... is that the US name for Super Puzzle Bobble AllStars (as I have that, Japanese release you see)?

As for the Disney titles, it's ironic you mention only seeing the Basketball title in a shop, as that's the only one of the four I need! I got Football off eBay, and Soccer and Skateboarding from shops last month (and all for under $20 each).

grayrobertos
12-28-2004, 11:07 AM
I got RE:2 for 10 of uk ebay and I was apsolutely devostated that it hadnt been updated at all. I should have looked into it more. :(

ChronoTriggaFoo
12-28-2004, 11:18 AM
How much does NCAA Basketball 2K3 for the Gamecube demand? I looked on eBay and found not one for sale or that had been sold. However I found two for sale at a local Blockbuster for $14.99, so this has got me thinking...

Mayhem
12-28-2004, 11:42 AM
Usually goes for around $40 on eBay. Two you say? Well that's quite fortunate...

Dobie
12-28-2004, 11:55 AM
How much does NCAA Basketball 2K3 for the Gamecube demand? I looked on eBay and found not one for sale or that had been sold. However I found two for sale at a local Blockbuster for $14.99, so this has got me thinking...

Snap those up quick, especially at that price. I've found two TOTAL so far. It took me at least a month of hard looking locally before I tracked down my first copy, and that was right after it came out. Really tough to find, period. You will likely be able to make all of your money back and then some by just selling one copy if its in good shape. Are you sure its the basketball? I see the football a lot, and it makes me do a double-take every time, because it looks just like the basketball.

One game that I've had a tough time landing is Spirits and Spells. Not worth much, nor do I think there will ever be much of a demand, but its one that I've been trying to locate for some time.

Mayhem
12-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Spirits and Spells? Best ask QoF to find you a copy then, we saw three I think whilst we were shopping last month. So we both got a copy :)

But yeah it's one of those I saw and thought "Hmmm... is that hard to find?". We weren't sure. So we got it anyways heh.

orrimarrko
12-28-2004, 01:46 PM
Hmmm.

Let me just say that there aren't ANY Gamecube games that cannot be found easily - either with a little searching or on eBay.

Having said that, there are a couple that will take a little patience to find, but can still be found almost any day.

The two-disc reissue of Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike. This was a Target exclusive, and had a VERY SHORT production run. Identifiable by the Orange sticker on the outside of the shrinkwrap (!!!) - this reissue came in a two disc snap case with the game disc AND the Star Wars bonus disc. The bonus disc was the one that you could receive in it's own snap case by pre-ordering the game, and has the "Original 1983 Star Wars Arcade Game" on it.

I believe that this is one of the hardest to find releases for the system, and since I do the Gamecube Online Rarity Guide here at DP, I spend a lot of time on the subject.

The Disney sports titles (especially Football) are difficult to find, mostly because of a smaller print run, people are holding on to them, and because they are actually a lot of fun to play!

Sega Sports NCAA Basketball 2K3. Despite the speculation, it is comfirmed that there was a much lower print run for the Gamecube than the other two systems. Also, as this was the last Sega Sports title, production runs were already shorter than normal. Make no mistake about it - this is THE ONLY title that deserves to be classified as a future rarity. Keep in mind, it's rare only in context with other "Next Gen" systems (Cube, PS2, XBOX) - not rare like games for the 2600.

Spirits and Spells is actually a harder to find title. This title, like many others from small publishers (Gotcha Force, Space Raiders, etc) that never make it to normal retail outlets (Target, etc) are usually going to be harder to find down the road. They are always priced at $19.99 or less, and can only (usually) be found new at Gamestops, EB Games, Electronics Boutique and the like. They almost always have lower print runs, and many of them are doomed for future markdown bins. Does it make them rare? NO. Will they be harder to find someday? Possibly, especially in near mint condition.

The Dave Mirra "Player's Choice" reissue. I have never seen this in person, and would love to see a pic to confirm that it's actually out there. Obviously for variant hunters, if it's out there, I suspect that it may have been released regionally (as it's an older title, so to speak.)

Bust-a-Move 3000 isn't rare, but it is a little harder to come by.

I'm not exactly sure why the MLB Slugfest 2004 is selling for $70 - I can't even fathom why people would pay above initial retail for a game that recently sold at Circuit City for $4.99. Unless I'm missing something, I wouldn't consider this hard to find at all.

There are some titles that I believe will be harder to find SOMEDAY:

Freestyle Street Soccer (if this exists without the Blockbuster Video logo on it - it will be even harder to find.)

Pokemon BOX - although available on eBay, this is a Pokemon Center exclusive title, and did not have a print run like other "Pokemon" games.

Mortal Kombat - Deadly Alliance (Adema cd release) - identifiable by the yellow circle on the insert, this issue of the MK game is already very hard to find. If you're not a variant hunter, this obviously won't interest you.

Resident Evil "Pure Evil" 2-pack. Even though the games are the same player's choice games that you can buy separately, the "box" itself will probably be thrown away by many a buyer. The cardboard isn't very thick, and will probably suffer damage over the years.

Batman-Rise of Sin Tzu (Limited Edition) - the Gamecube release of this title comes in an oversized cardboad box with a Commemorative Lithograph. Like the "Pure Evil" box described above, this box is doomed to suffer a similar fate. Also, it was limited to a production run of 10,000.

The 1080 Avalanche (Walmart exclusive release) has a red "sash" on the bottom of the cover. It includes video of actual extreme snowboarding and has music tracks on it. This was released only at Walmart (confirmed) and will eventually be more difficult to locate than it's more common regular issue.

For now, that about does it.

Any questions, let me know!

slip81
12-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Another game I can see becoming rare is Alien Hominid, I don't think it's selling quite well. It's a pretty good game though.

Mayhem
12-28-2004, 03:11 PM
Was the production run on NCAA Basketball 2k3 just 5000? Wondering how many actually sold. Important for my current article :)

Cube Batman Rise was produced as limited to 10,000 units? Curious that... if only from the point of view that in the small area QoF and I trawled last month (some 25-30 shops) we came across 3 of these, all for no more than $15 each. Perhaps I should have gotten one. QoF certainly did.

Freestyle Street Soccer can still be ordered online at places such as VG+ where the scan they use is devoid of any BB exclusiveness (but I remember I said that when the discussion about whether it was totally a BB exclusive came around).

dbiersdorf
12-28-2004, 03:21 PM
Freestyle Street Soccer (if this exists without the Blockbuster Video logo on it - it will be even harder to find.)

:eek 2: My Game Crazy has one of those BRAND NEW, I was completely suprised because I knew it was a Blockbuster exclusive, and this one does not have a BB logo on it, should I get it?

Promophile
12-28-2004, 03:29 PM
On the freestyle soccer, it has been said that the CANADIAN version isn't blockbuster exclusive, and doesn't have the blockbuster only sticker.

On a sidenote picked up a complete copy of NCAA Basketball 2K3 today at Gamestop. Yay!

D_N_G
12-28-2004, 06:40 PM
What about the Kmart games with variant covers? For example I have an Animal Crossing that has a Kmart Exclusive logo saying it comes with teh Official Nintendo Strategy guide. I believe there were others like this as mentioned in past GC threads

As for MLB slugfest 2004, I was pretty much the only person that found these for 4.99 I found 2 copies and no one else on CAG reported finding any. These have pretty much disappeared from all the stores around here, however GameStops around the Dallas area have been getting copies of 2k3 in lately.

Also what about Red Card soccer?

KJN
12-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Was the production run on NCAA Basketball 2k3 just 5000? Wondering how many actually sold. Important for my current article :)
According to the November NPD sales numbers it has sold 5,900 copies.

Another game I can see becoming rare is Alien Hominid, I don't think it's selling quite well. It's a pretty good game though.

The November NPD numbers for it are:
GCN ALIEN HOMINID $39,960 1,393
PS2 ALIEN HOMINID $59,308 2,005

Keep in mind that those numbers are for about 10 days worth of sales and the they don't count for those who ordered it directly from the Behemoth. Still I don't think it was produced in very big numbers. The PS2 version is actually sold out and on backorder according to www.alienhominid.com

Queen Of The Felines
12-28-2004, 07:45 PM
Regarding Slugfest...I have NEVER seen it ANYWHERE, and as I've mentioned before, I've scoured pretty much the entire south/southwest Chicago suburbia and northwest Indiana regions. Gamegirl79 only found one in the St. Louis area. PapaStu couldn't find one around San Jose. So, yeah, it's pretty hard to find. ;)

Btw, speaking of variants, I found a copy of Super Mario Sunshine with a black colored spine with white lettering instead of the white "striped" spine/bluish lettering. Anybody else have one of these?

Kristine

Doonzmore
12-28-2004, 09:06 PM
Disney Sports Basketball seemed to be a tough find from the start as i've never seen one in any store and its only been on Ebay a few times. I was lucky enough to find Disney Sports Football for 10 bucks at EB games almost 2 summer's back and i haven't seen one in stores since. I picked up Spirits and Spells on the first weekend of its release and i still see it from time to time.

But anywho, what do you think about these games becoming future raritys?

Starsky and Hutch
Space Raiders
Ribbit King with Demo
Men in Black 2
Superman Shadow of Apokolips
Disney Sports Series
Casper Spirit Dimensions
P.K Out of the Shadows
Tom and Jerry War of the Whiskers
Scaler (only seen one copy of this game)
Aquaman Battle for Atlantis
Pool Paradise

Dobie
12-28-2004, 09:47 PM
As for MLB slugfest 2004, I was pretty much the only person that found these for 4.99 I found 2 copies and no one else on CAG reported finding any. These have pretty much disappeared from all the stores around here, however GameStops around the Dallas area have been getting copies of 2k3 in lately.

I scored one at the $4.99 Circuit City sale a while back, along with slugfest 2003. I've seen a few copies floating around used in my area too (obviously not for $4.99 though).

qbertandernie
12-28-2004, 10:41 PM
what about ultimate muscle? wasnt that on GC?

ive only seen this a couple of times...

QoF: i saw a copy of that super mario sunshine with the black spine at an EB near me, but it was kind of beat up so i didnt buy it. after hemming and hawing for a day or so i went back and it was gone...ive not seen one before or since...canadian release maybe?

orrimarrko
12-28-2004, 11:18 PM
what about ultimate muscle? wasnt that on GC?

ive only seen this a couple of times...

Forgot about that one - yep, it's GC only.

And yes, I agree that it has future potential.

Lost Monkey
12-28-2004, 11:53 PM
The Dave Mirra "Player's Choice" reissue. I have never seen this in person, and would love to see a pic to confirm that it's actually out there. Obviously for variant hunters, if it's out there, I suspect that it may have been released regionally (as it's an older title, so to speak.)

There are piles of these at my local Costco. Probably at most other Canadian Costco's as well.

Xexyz
12-29-2004, 12:06 AM
I'm having a pretty hard time finding a copy of Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO. I'm willing to bet this will be rare in the future or at the elast, more on the uncommon side.

kevincure
12-29-2004, 12:45 AM
Resident Evil 2 sell-through was around 35k, RE3 did 55k. Compare that to Warioware, Inc. GCN, which sold under 90k, and isn't considered rare at all. I don't understand why people are paying so much for the RE games.

There are quite a few GC games rarer than these. Mega Man X Command Mission GCN, for instance, had lower sell-through that RE 2 (and none are on ebay right now, incidentally). Redcard 2003 is certainly among the rarest GCN titles (1 sold on ebay in last 3 weeks, none in Ebay Store BIN); soccer games were among the rarest PSX titles, so this isn't surprising.

DigitalSpace
12-29-2004, 02:19 AM

If I could get you a pic, I would, but unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera. I spotted it at a Sam Goody.

Regarding Alien Hominid, I don't see it becoming a future rarity. The game's been getting a good share of press, and not just in game magazines - it's mentioned in the games section of the recent issue of Playboy. And I also read somewhere that it's up for an independent game award (I can't remember the details). I wouldn't rule out the possibility of the GC version being more uncommon than the PS2 one in the future, though.

Someone also mentioned Starsky and Hutch - I see this everywhere. Stores can't get rid of them, even at ten bucks.

Here's a future release that might be one to watch out for: Pinball Hall Of Fame. It's been released for PS2 and Xbox, and according to Gamestop.com and Gamespot it's supposed to be released for the GC January 20'th. I'm guessing that anyone who really wanted the game has probably picked it up for the PS2/Xbox by now.

Mayhem
12-29-2004, 06:54 AM
Two days after Alien Hominid came out, QoF and I were around the shops again doing our trawling. We saw two copies of GC AH in total (of which I bought one) and no copies of the PS2 version. We suspected it might not have been printed that much.

Thanks for the info on NCAA Basketball 2K3, that'll help matters along. And yes, it is the only game for the Cube I truly consider "rare" at the moment.

I got lucky on Red Card Soccer, found someone selling it for $15 BIN on eBay about 2 months ago :D

Myself and (especially) QoF seem to run into copies of Ultimate Muscle and Cubivore in her area (I believe she's seen 3 copies of the latter in the space of a month) so we're not sure how hard to find they actually are. Pool Paradise is still available everywhere we looked, might be hard to find in the future. Space Raiders, Starsky and Aquaman were at a number of shops too.

As for Pinball Hall of Fame, a possibility there. Ditto with the MK game next year as it's already out for the other two, but seeing as there will be new stuff added, it might cause extra sales.

EricRyan34
12-29-2004, 12:05 PM
Worms 3D can be a tuffy

qbertandernie
12-29-2004, 12:17 PM
im a beleiver in regional rarity, so cubivore and muscle may have just been sent more to your area of the counrty. there are NES (and to a lesser degree current gen) games that are 'super rare' that i see everywhere here, but people on the boards say theyve never seen them. and games ive never seen are listed as fairly common in the DP guide.

guess you have to go by production numbers where you can.

orrimarrko
12-29-2004, 01:42 PM
There are quite a few GC games rarer than these. Mega Man X Command Mission GCN, for instance, had lower sell-through that RE 2 (and none are on ebay right now, incidentally). Redcard 2003 is certainly among the rarest GCN titles (1 sold on ebay in last 3 weeks, none in Ebay Store BIN); soccer games were among the rarest PSX titles, so this isn't surprising.

I just came back from a trip to my local Fry's Electronics, and I can tell you that they had at least 8 Mega Man X Command Mission GCN for $39.99 each.

I agree that Red Card is definitely harder to find than many other titles, but not too crazy. In actuality, it's a very fun game, and soccer fans tend to keep their games (as they play them a lot!)

Also, for whoever said Scaler was a hard title to find - definitely not. It's just fairly new. The same store I mentioned above had 11 in stock, for $19.99 each. Same with Backyard Football - at LEAST 15 copies at $12.99 each.

Finally, in regards to the Player's Choice version of Dave Mirra - I said that I feel that the distribution of this reissue was regional in nature. I hit every major store in Austin once per 10 days (5 GameCrazy, 4 Gamestop, 3 EB Games, 7 Targets, 4 Walmarts, 3 Toys 'R Us, and anything else I can think of to check out) and have NEVER seen the Player's Choice version of this game - new or used. It's an older Player's Choice title for an older GCN game, and I believe that it's common in the Northwest, Canada, and other northern regions, but not here.

So, I guess (in no particular order) I would have to say that these are the concensus current harder to find titles:

Sega Sports NCAA Basketball 2K3
Disney Sports Soccer
Disney Sports Football
Disney Sports Basketball
Disney Sports Skateboarding
RedCard 20-03
(maybe) MLB Slugfest 2004 (still not sure about this one)

and I still have to add the Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike in the two disc snap case with the 2nd disc. Although it was only sold at Target stores, there were no identifying marks on the packaging except for that round orange sticker on the outside of the shrinkwrap.

To date, I have yet to hear anyone else mention that they have this reissue.

Good discussion - let's keep it going. ;)

Mayhem
12-29-2004, 02:32 PM
Same with Backyard Football - at LEAST 15 copies at $12.99 each.

Backyard Football is NOT hard to find at all. Backyard Baseball on the other hand... never seen the GC version at a store. Seen the PS2 version a few times. Only place I've seen the GC version is on eBay and that's normally going for $40+ easily. Ditto the GBA versions.

josekortez
12-29-2004, 02:38 PM
I saw the Rebel Strike III demo for sale at Toys R Us yesterday. It might be 70% off!

DigitalSpace
12-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Backyard Baseball on the other hand... never seen the GC version at a store.

Hmm... could be another regional thing. I've seen at least three GC copies in the last month.

Queen Of The Felines
12-29-2004, 03:44 PM
What about WDA Tour Tennis (or however's it's called)? I've only seen it twice around here as well.

Kristine

Vectorman0
12-29-2004, 04:21 PM
I just picked up the only PC copy of Burnout I saw at my local FYE.

dbiersdorf
12-29-2004, 04:25 PM
What about WDA Tour Tennis (or however's it's called)? I've only seen it twice around here as well.

Kristine

Eh, not to bad really, you can nab it for easily around $15.

orrimarrko
12-29-2004, 05:57 PM
I saw the Rebel Strike III demo for sale at Toys R Us yesterday. It might be 70% off!

No - read the post again.

It is NOT the common Rebel Strike III demo disc with the AT-AT walker on the cover. NOT THE PREORDER BONUS DISC!!

I'm talking about the actual release of the game. Only unlike it's original release, there was a LATER, 2nd release.

In this later release, it was packed with a 2-disc snap case (like the Mario Kart with the demo disc). The 2nd disc - now included - is the Rebel Strike demo with the Original vector 1983 Star Wars game.

Don't confuse the two, they aren't the same.

However, if you can get the demo (preorder) for 70% off, go for it - it's worth it.

orrimarrko
12-29-2004, 06:02 PM

Kristine

Best Buy stores in my area have it, as do the Gamestops. Check the bargain bins, as it shouldn't go for more than $10.

By the way - love the avatar!! Chapelle is one funny dude!!

Famidrive-16
12-29-2004, 06:22 PM
Worms 3D can be a tuffy

Yeah, I've only seen the PS2 version so far.

FlashStash
12-29-2004, 08:00 PM
Well, thanks to this thread and Gamestop.com's inventory search online, I was able pick up RE2 & 3 complete for about $20 each and a complete GC Sega NCAA 2003 Basketball for $27!

FS

Dobie
12-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Well, thanks to this thread and Gamestop.com's inventory search online, I was able pick up RE2 & 3 complete for about $20 each and a complete GC Sega NCAA 2003 Basketball for $27!

FS

O_O The Resident Evils (2 & 3) have been back-ordered on Gamestop for months. Did they get some in suddenly or what? Didn't see anything different when I looked. Same for 2k3.

Vectorman0
12-29-2004, 10:09 PM

FS

O_O The Resident Evils (2 & 3) have been back-ordered on Gamestop for months. Did they get some in suddenly or what? Didn't see anything different when I looked. Same for 2k3.

He located stores that had them in stock and bought those games there.

And on another note, does anyone know much about the instore promo discs that are used in the kiosks? Such as the rarity, amount of them, demand, value, etc.

DigitalSpace
12-29-2004, 10:58 PM
I just picked up the only PC copy of Burnout I saw at my local FYE.

As I've mentioned, I've only seen two copies of Burnout with the Player's Choice variant - once brand new at a Sam Goody (same place I saw the PC Dave Mirra at) and the other used at a Gamestop.

Oddly enough, the Sam Goody had a new non-PC Burnout as well, and it was $16.99 while the PC Burnout was $19.99.

Zubiac666
12-30-2004, 01:17 AM
bah

the rarest of all future-rarities(for gamecube) will arrive at my house today or next week per mail.
I even guess that it has good chances to get a rarity for the other 2 consoles as well.
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2005 Adventure

I read somewhere(can't remember where) that the production run on this game was 5000(or even less) for gamecube.

You can get it at amazon.com for low cash:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002B90TE.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002B90TE/qid=1104390006/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl63/102-8922710-3352157?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846)

but the (already) rarest is an unlicensed(region free-) PAL title which was already mentioned by Hydrox:
Max Play Vol.1 (http://uk.codejunkies.com/news_reviews.asp?c=GB&cr=GBP&cs=&r=1&l=1&i=7196&p=10&s=8)
get it while it's hot(aka avaiable)
don't forget: it's an UNLICENSED gamecube-game....we won't get another one(well,maybe a Max Play Vol 2)

Vectorman0
12-30-2004, 07:19 AM
I've seen that cabella's game everywhere. I highly doubt it is that uncommon. Can anyone say otherwise?

FlashStash
12-30-2004, 07:56 AM
He located stores that had them in stock and bought those games there.

Yep, that's it.

THere was one copy of NCAA Basketball within a 50 mile radius of me. Also a couple of listings for RE3 in the area. When I went to the first store with RE3, it was a game only (no case), so I left it. When I went to the other store, I found RE3, as well as RE2 (which wasn't listed on their website), both complete. I expected the 3rd store to have an incomplete version of NCAA Basketball, but they had everything, even the Sega registration card, intact! I combined the purchases with their B2G1 deal that's currently running, as well as my discount card.

FS

Vectorman0
12-30-2004, 07:58 AM
I was just thinking, and does anyone think that the ultimate codes titles from the people over at action replay will ever have any value to them? Some of the titles seem to be quite common, while others seem few and far inbetween.

-hellvin-
01-09-2005, 01:57 AM
- Gotcha Force
Look at the game, it never hit mainstream, reviewers hated it, and it went on retail for $40. Only recently did Capcom drop its price to $19.99, but good luck finding it.

I agree with this one. I hadn't even heard of it until I saw it traded in at my local gamezone, and figured it was a possible future rarity.

Ikari Warrior
01-29-2005, 10:59 PM
I heard people say Pro Rally 2002 is rare and I've seen that more than a few times, but just saw Rally Championship for the first time ever today, and I checked Gamestop's site and there's none within 100 miles of me either (that's about 25-30 stores) so I think it may be pretty rare as well.

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/916283b.jpg

vincewy
01-29-2005, 11:44 PM
I'm having a pretty hard time finding a copy of Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO. I'm willing to bet this will be rare in the future or at the elast, more on the uncommon side.

This topic has been discussed but worth another one with so many updates on release, re-release, etc.

Unlike other games, GC versoin of Capcom vs SNK EO is way easier to find than Xbox version, I've seen GC version at my local Game Crazy for $20 as well as other places which I forgot. I have a heck of time finding Xbox version new and had to resort to used copy, polish the disc, swap with Exhibition Disc case.

People forgot to mention that sealed copies of games (not all of them) that became PC version can be very hard to find in original version, I've kept a few of those now just in case if I decide to collect large number of sealed GC games in the future (found Super Monkey Ball 2 and Sonic Mega Collection in needle in the heystack), else I can always sell them for a lot more than I paid for later.

As far as Freestyle Soccer, my local ShopKo has 3 copies, this is one of the games they're about to send back, looks like I'll have to snag one up, $16 seems pretty reasonable.

Other that can be potentially rare, any quirky Japanese styles game(s) can be rare, considering GC is the weakest of the current 3 system, even more so if a particular title is GC exclusive like Gotcha Force (check your local Game Crazy as mine has it for $20).

swlovinist
01-30-2005, 12:11 AM
Let us not forget about Gotcha Force.....not easy to find....

tonyvortex
01-30-2005, 03:26 AM
is anyone else here trying to collect the interactive multi-game demo discs as well?i hardly ever see more than one or two on ebay at a time.

squidblatt
01-30-2005, 08:34 AM
I've noticed some people mentioning Goblin Commander as hard to find. I don't know if it's actually rare or not. Hope it is 'cause I got a copy. What about Gladius?

Doonzmore
01-30-2005, 09:53 AM
Carmen Sandiago and Robocop aren't easy to come by either.

Queen Of The Felines
01-30-2005, 09:54 AM
is anyone else here trying to collect the interactive multi-game demo discs as well?i hardly ever see more than one or two on ebay at a time.

Yeah, me. Now I know who I'll be going up against. LOL

Kristine

Dobie
01-30-2005, 11:04 AM
What about Gladius?

Gladius isn't hard to find. They have a boat-load at my Walmart in the cheapy bin for $14.99 or $9.99. I'm guessing other Walmarts are similarly stocked.

Steve W
08-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Sorry to drag up such an old thread, but I have a question. There's a store near me that has really good prices on current generation games. I've been buying up a lot of possibly rare Xbox games there for less than $15 recently. But I was surprised to see in the GameCube section that they've got a copy of NEC's TubeSlider for $45! Is that one rare at all? I bought a copy when it first came out, and got bored with it fairly quickly. I don't think it's high used price is due to it's great gameplay (like Capcom vs. SNK 2). Anyone know what the print run on TubeSlider was?

Mayhem
08-29-2007, 06:46 PM
I think it's a "false rare"... I certainly never had an issue finding it in the time after its release... it might be hedging as it's a game that you are likely not to see at all on shelves now. I'd place it at uncommon status, maybe 3 or 4 out of 10.

Vectorman0
08-29-2007, 08:03 PM
I think it's a "false rare"... I certainly never had an issue finding it in the time after its release... it might be hedging as it's a game that you are likely not to see at all on shelves now. I'd place it at uncommon status, maybe 3 or 4 out of 10.

I agree. I see it often enough, that it's not one of the top rare games for the system. Definitely more uncommon, but not very rare.

sabre2922
08-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Any Gamecube games are becoming "uncommon" in my area.

There is a local Walmart in my area and they still sell a few NEW Gamecube games but most are thowaway titles like rugrats etc. with the exception of some copies of Metroid Prime 2 that they still sell at full price.

The only good store in my area that sells used games is Hastings wich has an incredible selection of PS2 (in constant rotation) and Xbox1 games but seems to be phasing out any and all Gamecube games as quickly as possible.

There are still some good new games at the Hasting and a few very good used GC titles in whats left of the dwindling GC used game section.
Once again Metroid Prime 2 is still priced at $29.99 to $39.99 used.

The funny thing is I have seen Slugfest for Gamecube at this very same store only a few days ago.
It seems to me that the Gamecube collector market will be somewhat like the Dreamcast collectors in the near future.
I LUV the Gamecube but it seems nobody in my area gives a shit about the great games it has to offer even long time gamers that know what great games are available for the GC.

The Gamecube will surely find a certain niche with a select group of hardcore collectors.

Tommy
08-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Sabre, I am having the same problem over here at pretty decent re-sellers like game crazy and a couple other places. It is hard to find a gamecube that is decent rather than the kids games. I was looking for another copy of RE4 since the kids decided they were going to throw in Donkey Konga and throw out RE4. Needless to say I have no idea where it is.

misfits859
08-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Re-ignite this thread and let's discuss what has become hard to find for the GC. There has never been an abundance of used GC stuff at my local stops and I'd like to know what to keep an eye out for.

AMG
08-29-2007, 09:53 PM
It seems to me that the Gamecube collector market will be somewhat like the Dreamcast collectors in the near future.

The Gamecube will surely find a certain niche with a select group of hardcore collectors.

I definitely agree with these two statements.

Mayhem
08-30-2007, 05:08 AM
Actually I'm inclinded to agree... why you think I started 18 months ago to start gathering as many as I could heh...

My last visit to the US for CGE last month, I expected to see the Cube shelves way down on stock. And I was right. Just about every shop had just one column of shelving for Cube games, even though the old Xbox console still had 2-3 and naturallly PS2 still had 4-5 shelf columns.

Having said that, I still managed to grab nearly 30 games I needed... evidently I got very lucky on a couple, but still, I managed to get three quarters of what I was still after.

So what is hard to find? In general at least, the higher the price, the harder it is to find. One of those modern systems that actually obeys the old principle. With that in mind I would say good luck in finding:

NCAA Basketball 2K3 (technically the rarest game?)
Pokemon Box
Jedi Knight 2
Bust-a-Move 3000
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu WITH the added poster
Robotech: Battlecry Limited Edition
1080 Avalanche w/ bonus footage
Shrek Super Party
Hot Wheels Velocity X

Actually to that add any of the games that came with outer cardboard boxes (Mario Party 6 and 7, Kareoke Revolution, 4 Swords, Odama). Or should I say finding the outer cardboard box.

sisko
08-30-2007, 06:55 AM
Jedi Knight 2
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu WITH the added poster.

I respectfully disagree with both of these, but it might be a regional thing.

While I agree Jedi Knight 2 might be uncommon, I see it far far too often to shell out the $40 that GameStop lists it at.

Finding a complete Batman is fairly easy as well. Many GameStops/EBs have new ones still squirreled away some where. You just need to ask. Finding one in good shape though....well that is a different story. Most outer boxes have been beat to hell and back after spending this many years on the shelf.

Actually, in comparison, I had a [slightly] harder time finding Batman: Dark Tomorrow.

Mayhem
08-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Regarding JK2, yeah perhaps, I wonder if some old stock has suddenly come back into the light. I'll agree I've seen it occasionally used in shops in the last two times I've been to the US, but before that, only once in 5 visits and that copy was missing the manual.

Maybe akin to how all the used copies of Skies of Arcadia Legends just started to flood the shops at one point...

xfrumx
08-30-2007, 11:23 AM
What about DDR Mario Mix? It sold out of gamestops in the first couple days and was reprinted once and sold out right away.

Xizer
08-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Star Fox Adventures is a Rare GameCube game.

snes_collector
08-30-2007, 03:38 PM
F1 2002 and Rave Master, never saw a copy of either in stores, ever.

PapaStu
08-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Ravemasters have popped back up at Best Buy's around here for 14.99 lately. I had initally only ever seen them at Fry's Electronics before.

Mayhem
08-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Rave Master was originally thought to be a Toys R Us exclusive. I certainly only saw it sold in there, though Kris and I did spot a new copy in a Game Crazy once. I guess it did get sold elsewhere though as mentioned by others later on.

People are still turning up the odd copy of Mario DDR in shops apparently. I'd say though it could be considered for the list. Depends how many were actually made.

F1 2002? Still debating. That was one of the earliest games I got once I decided to try and go for a full Cube set, then again since I bought the copy I own, I've only seen one other...

Niku-Sama
08-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Legend of Zelda Orcarina of Time 2 game bonus disc.

i cone across them every once in a while at EB games and theyre still about $40

orrimarrko
08-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Wow - can't believe this topic is still getting posts.

There are almost NO rare games for this system. You can find almost any title on ebay any day of the week, and whether you can find it at your local gamestop is irrelevant.

Also, again, price is not an indicator of how "rare" a title is. Production and distribution are ultimately the deciding factors.

Carry on though...

sirhansirhan
08-31-2007, 12:49 AM
Oddly enough, the Player's Choice variant of Harvest Moon: Magical Melody seems to be pretty hard to find. Anyone know when it came out? I still see sealed copies of the non-PC version pretty often, but I've only seen the Player's Choice one twice.

Also, I pretty much never see the Animaniacs game around.

DigitalSpace
08-31-2007, 01:42 AM
I see Rave Master at every Best Buy I've been to these days. It should be $9.99 there too.

I got a copy of Freaky Flyers at GameStop today for $3.99. I'd say it's just slightly scarce around here, though. I also saw F1 2002 there. First time I've seen it in a few months. Passed it up since I'm not really interested in the game, especially with the $14.99 price tag.

I mentioned Pinball Hall of Fame earlier in the thread, and since then, it's become uncommon at best.

Besides the copy I own, I haven't seen Rally Championship in a LONG time.

Star Fox Adventures is a Rare GameCube game.

http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/6021/sinbad02qz3.jpg

greedostick
08-31-2007, 03:08 AM
I think the Phantasy star game mention is Phantasy Star III Card game.

Mayhem
08-31-2007, 05:19 AM
I see Rave Master at every Best Buy I've been to these days. It should be $9.99 there too.

I got a copy of Freaky Flyers at GameStop today for $3.99. I'd it's just slightly scarce around here, though. I also saw F1 2002 there. First time I've seen it in a few months. Passed it up since I'm not really interested in the game, especially with the $14.99 price tag.

I mentioned Pinball Hall of Fame earlier in the thread, and since then, it's become uncommon at best.

Besides the copy I own, I haven't seen Rally Championship in a LONG time.

As Kris (QoF) is want to remind me every so often, "I didn't know Freaky Flyers existed until you found it at Jason's (Dangerboy) store!"...

Indeed that was the first and only time I have encountered the game in a shop in the US, and I've been to a LOT of shops!

I got my copies of Pinball and Rally Championship online so I can't truly quantify their rarity, but I'll agree the later is not easy to come by...

vintagegamecrazy
08-31-2007, 09:43 AM
Is the Windwaker with bonus disc rare, or is that not released in the USA?

Mayhem
08-31-2007, 11:20 AM
I consider it to be hard to find, yes... it was released in the US, though I tend to find far more copies in Canada (which I don't want because of the dual language-ness). If you've got it spare, let me know :)

TheDomesticInstitution
08-31-2007, 05:18 PM
Gamecube stuff is really getting hard to find... and the thing that I think is strange, is the fact that both the GC and XBOX had very similar console sales numbers, which were way way below PS2 numbers... but everytime I go to a pawn shop I find as much, and if not more XBOX games as I do PS2 games. And if there are 20-50 each of XBOX and PS2 titles, then there are about 5 or so GC titles, if any at all. It sucks because I have recently just purchased a GC (2 months ago), and I want to play games for it- but they are so hard to find. XBOX on the otherhand are fairly easy and I should have no trouble getting games before they are too hard to find. And it seems GC titles right now are commanding more of a premium than XBOX, even though an XBOX hasn't been available for almost a year. XBOX is certainly easier (and cheaper) to collect for, which is a shame since I'm a very big Nintendo fan too. Was there not as many software titles released for GC as there were XBOX? Even Blockbuster has a fairly small GC used section compared to XBOX. Anyone else share this sentiment? OK, rant over for now, I'll guess I'll go back and play stupid Animal Crossing (like I have been almost everyday for nearly 2 months) ...

Mayhem
09-01-2007, 07:29 AM
The Xbox was always bigger in the US than the Cube, hence the space for those titles...

Given the size of my collection, and removing all the demo discs and variants, I'd say there's about 550 games for US. Roughly.

bangtango
09-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Anyone have a picture of the MLB Slugfest title for the Cube that is supposedly "uncommon"? I just traded a copy awhile back because the gameplay stunk. Wonder if it was the one I had or a different year.

TheDomesticInstitution
09-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Yeah that's what I thought... I said that in another thread, and was completely jumped on by someone (that got his feelings hurt)- and he tried to correct me by saying that the numbers were "similar" and said I was "incorrect" when I said that the GC was the overall loser (and mind you I was never bashing Nintendo)... so I went and dug up console sales numbers I think for as late as March 07 and they were within 2 or 3 million (XBOX edging it out)... And I also said that XBOX had not been available for almost a year and that the reason GC was catching up was only because Nintendo still made them... I still am amazed at the amount of XBOX games out there though... So basically the reason they're harder to find, is because retailers never gave them the space they did XBOX? Well 550 is a decent about then... Oh well... About the best place to find GC is probably blockbuster... If you go to Circuit City though, the GC games aren't as cheap as XBOX which disappoints me. Are they cheaper at Toys R Us? As in, does TRU have better clearance deals on GC? I haven't been in there in a while.

xfrumx
09-01-2007, 10:23 AM
c'mon Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix. I think this one could be rare it was sold out right away printed again months later and was sold out right away. I never have seen it anywhere except when it was NEW.

Mayhem
09-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Anyone have a picture of the MLB Slugfest title for the Cube that is supposedly "uncommon"? I just traded a copy awhile back because the gameplay stunk. Wonder if it was the one I had or a different year.

I believe it's this one...

http://www.toysnjoys.com/gamecube/mlbslugfest2004.jpg

studvicious
09-01-2007, 03:13 PM
I see Freaky Flyers all the time around here.

MarioMania
09-01-2007, 03:37 PM
How about Tomb Raider Legend..Will that be hard to find or rare

bangtango
09-01-2007, 09:23 PM
I believe it's this one...

http://www.toysnjoys.com/gamecube/mlbslugfest2004.jpg

Thanks, not the one I had. Mine was 2003, I guess, and had somebody else on the cover. So I just breathed a small sigh of relief.

DigitalSpace
09-01-2007, 10:08 PM
How about Tomb Raider Legend..Will that be hard to find or rare

I've been to 5 or 6 GameStops in the past week and a half, and I don't think there was one that didn't have at least one new copy there. While I think that it's going to be the most uncommon compared to the XBox and PS2 versions, I don't think it's going to be scarce at all.

Btw, if you see it at a Toys R Us, it's on clearance for $9.98.