PDA

View Full Version : THE rarest Gamecube game?

Pages : 1 [2]

NintendoMan
02-28-2006, 10:22 PM
I agree that Geist will NEVER be rare. In the end, it will be the Perfect Dark of this generation. 5 years down the road, you will still have no problem buying a sealed copy for $5.

Yep, I definately believe that too. There will be like 30 copies at TRU until 2010 or something.
I just bought this game last sat, and am wondering if I should return it and wait for another price drop. Are they really only $9.99 at TRU now? Didn't notice it last time I was there at TRU.

pacmanhat
03-01-2006, 01:03 AM
With the massive amount of Chibi Robos I've seen around my neck of the woods, I have a hard time thinking it's gonna become very obscure. I'm wondering, though, about Odama. I have a feeling this is gonna be getting a really low print run (and it too is appearantly going to retail for $50). I'll definitely be trying to snag that one as soon as humanly possible.

orrimarrko
03-01-2006, 12:24 PM
I agree that Geist will NEVER be rare. In the end, it will be the Perfect Dark of this generation. 5 years down the road, you will still have no problem buying a sealed copy for $5.

Yep, I definitely believe that too. There will be like 30 copies at TRU until 2010 or something.
I just bought this game last sat, and am wondering if I should return it and wait for another price drop. Are they really only $9.99 at TRU now? Didn't notice it last time I was there at TRU.

It might be QUITE a while for TRU to drop anything below $9.99/8. You're better off spending an extra dollar or two to make sure that you have it, rather than hoping in another two years it will be available for 6 or 7 bucks.

NintendoMan
03-01-2006, 12:59 PM
It might be QUITE a while for TRU to drop anything below $9.99/8. You're better off spending an extra dollar or two to make sure that you have it, rather than hoping in another two years it will be available for 6 or 7 bucks.
I just had thought that people were buying GEIST RIGHT NOW at tru for $19.99? I definately wouldn't wait a couple years just to get something a couple bucks cheaper.
I was just stating since I just bought it for 20, why not save 10 bucks if Geist is only 10 right now. I'm definately not the penny pincher type like I know many are, far from it actually, I just buy so many games I do try and save when I can.
:)

heybtbm
03-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Uh, no, the original Katamari Damacy retailed at $30. I can guarentee that.

Nope. The first Katamari game was $19.99 from the get go. That's half of the reason the game became as popular as it did.

snes_collector
07-30-2006, 03:31 PM
F1 2002
The 4 Disney Sports games

Still looking......

Passed on a DS Skateboarding with a faded label a few months ago but thats the only one I've seen.

Saw two complete copies of BAM 3000 in the same Game Stop the other day.

Roi
10-19-2006, 11:19 AM
http://www.toysnjoys.com/gamecube/seaworld.jpg

Bought Shamu's Deep Sea Adventures today, never heared of it before LOL

Mayhem
10-19-2006, 02:52 PM
I think it came out end of last year during the usual Xmas rush of releases, $30 new iirc. Yep it's sitting in my collection no surprise :P

KingCobra
10-22-2006, 12:13 AM
Dragon's Lair 3D here in the U.S. is a tuff find as far as I've seen, the few copies that I've see in the last 2 years have been in pretty rough shape.

snes_collector
10-23-2006, 03:56 PM
Dragon's Lair 3D here in the U.S. is a tuff find as far as I've seen, the few copies that I've see in the last 2 years have been in pretty rough shape.

Yeah you don't see too many copies of it. I also believe there is atlease 2 different boxarts for it, one with a yellow circle that has some writing in it, and another without the yellow circle(my copy does not.)

joshnickerson
10-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Just saw a Naruto 2 demo pop up on eBay. It appears to be similar to the standalone Soul Calibur 2 demo that appeared a couple of years ago, right down to the cardboard sleeve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250042212556&rd=1&rd=1

sisko
10-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Just saw a Naruto 2 demo pop up on eBay. It appears to be similar to the standalone Soul Calibur 2 demo that appeared a couple of years ago, right down to the cardboard sleeve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250042212556&rd=1&rd=1

These were just sent out to stores this past week. Time to go smooth talk to your Gamestop manager.....

joshnickerson
10-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Glarg... too bad my local Gamestop rotates staff CONSTANTLY, so I've never been able to get friendly enough with anyone before they're transfered/fired/quit.

snes_collector
01-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Now that GCs life is almost done I went ahead and made a list of what I think are the top ten hardest to find GC games:

Bust-A-Move 3000
Disney Extreme Sports Basketball
Disney Extreme Sports Football
Disney Extreme Sports Skateboarding
Disney Extreme Sports Soccer
F1 2002
Goblin Commander: Unlease The Horde
NCAA College Basketball 2k3
Pokemon Box
Rave Master

With NCAA being the hardest to find

Thoughts?

Mayhem
01-19-2007, 02:45 PM
I'd scrub Skateboarding and Football for starters. Maybe even Soccer. Only Basketball is truly rare in my eyes. Not sure about Rave Master, Toys R Us did get a flood of them. I'd certainly add Jedi Knight II, Freaky Flyers and the dual Wind Waker/Ocarina of Time combo to the mix, probably Robotech Battlecry Collector's Edition too.

Generally stuff I've never seen or only seen once (and hence bought it) in shops is top in my mind. And I've been to a lot of stores in the US. Only seen BAM3000 once (missing manual), Freaky Flyers once (bought), NCAA Basketball once (bought). Never seen Disney Basketball in a shop, got that off Amazon for $25 new. Pokemon Box was off the website of course.

Vectorman0
01-19-2007, 06:48 PM
My picks for top 3 rarest games are: (in order of scarcity)

Pokemon Box
WTA Tour Tennis
Top Angler

Around here, I have seen plenty of Goblin Commander and all the Disney games (except basketball). And suprisingly, I've seen more of NCAA College Basketball and BAM 3000 than any of my top 3 picks. I've seen four or so NCAA's at various places and encountered at least four BAM 3000's (all at Blockbusters).

Also, what about Slot Car Thunder? Has anyone seen that in the wild, as I can't recall ever encountering it?

DigitalSpace
01-19-2007, 07:30 PM
I've seen a few copies each of F1 2002, Freaky Flyers, and Slot Car Thunder. They're scarce indeed, but I wouldn't put them in a top 10 list.

Mayhem
01-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Conversely I've seen many copies of WTA Tennis Tour (though I agree it's at least an uncommon) and a couple of copies of Pro Tour Angler. I've seen Goblin Commander a couple of times and picked it up on one of those occasions. Ditto Slot Car Thunder, but the shops were wanting over $30 for it so I got my copy off eBay.

I think you must have gotten real lucky with NCAA and BAM3000 Vectorman because they are both acknowledged widely as being quite hard to find. Indeed NCAA technically is the holder currently of the rarest Cube title (until other sales figures prove otherwise).

Generally the rare and hard games on the Cube are the ones that go for the most money on eBay, which isn't always the case for modern systems. Hence why I'd list NCAA, BAM3000, JK2, Disney Basketball and Pokemon Box in any top 10 list.

Vectorman0
01-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Does anyone think Pokemon Box may be rarer than NCAA College Basketball? Considering it was only available straight from Nintendo (and maybe Pokemon Center/Nintendo Store), it had a small print run, maybe smaller than the amount of NCAA's that are out there.

Conversely I've seen many copies of WTA Tennis Tour (though I agree it's at least an uncommon) and a couple of copies of Pro Tour Angler. I've seen Goblin Commander a couple of times and picked it up on one of those occasions. Ditto Slot Car Thunder, but the shops were wanting over $30 for it so I got my copy off eBay.

I think you must have gotten real lucky with NCAA and BAM3000 Vectorman because they are both acknowledged widely as being quite hard to find. Indeed NCAA technically is the holder currently of the rarest Cube title (until other sales figures prove otherwise).

Generally the rare and hard games on the Cube are the ones that go for the most money on eBay, which isn't always the case for modern systems. Hence why I'd list NCAA, BAM3000, JK2, Disney Basketball and Pokemon Box in any top 10 list.

This collecting stuff is crazy. I wish my luck would get me an Adventurevision or something.LOL

BydoEmpire
01-20-2007, 12:27 PM
I don't believe they printed many copies of Redcard soccer.

Mayhem
01-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Does anyone think Pokemon Box may be rarer than NCAA College Basketball? Considering it was only available straight from Nintendo (and maybe Pokemon Center/Nintendo Store), it had a small print run, maybe smaller than the amount of NCAA's that are out there.

Given the number of Pokemon fans, I wouldn't bet on it but it would be interesting to see. For the record it was only available from the Pokemon Centre in NY (before it changed) and the Pokemon website store (NOT Nintendo's own online store).

Vectorman0
01-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Given the number of Pokemon fans, I wouldn't bet on it but it would be interesting to see. For the record it was only available from the Pokemon Centre in NY (before it changed) and the Pokemon website store (NOT Nintendo's own online store).

I bought it from Nintendo's online store. store.nintendo.com

snes_collector
01-20-2007, 03:34 PM
I'd scrub Skateboarding and Football for starters. Maybe even Soccer. Only Basketball is truly rare in my eyes. Not sure about Rave Master, Toys R Us did get a flood of them. I'd certainly add Jedi Knight II, Freaky Flyers and the dual Wind Waker/Ocarina of Time combo to the mix, probably Robotech Battlecry Collector's Edition too.

Generally stuff I've never seen or only seen once (and hence bought it) in shops is top in my mind. And I've been to a lot of stores in the US. Only seen BAM3000 once (missing manual), Freaky Flyers once (bought), NCAA Basketball once (bought). Never seen Disney Basketball in a shop, got that off Amazon for $25 new. Pokemon Box was off the website of course.

Forgot Jedi Knight II, definatly put that one in there. Never saw Rave Master in the wild, bought mine online. Saw a few copies of Freaky Flyers, all of which were at Blockbuster. Robotech CE should probably be in there too.

My picks for top 3 rarest games are: (in order of scarcity)

Pokemon Box
WTA Tour Tennis
Top Angler

Around here, I have seen plenty of Goblin Commander and all the Disney games (except basketball). And suprisingly, I've seen more of NCAA College Basketball and BAM 3000 than any of my top 3 picks. I've seen four or so NCAA's at various places and encountered at least four BAM 3000's (all at Blockbusters).

Also, what about Slot Car Thunder? Has anyone seen that in the wild, as I can't recall ever encountering it?

Don't see WTA or TA much, but I don't think I'd put either in the top 10.

Haven't saw SCT in awhile, but I wouldn't put it in the top 10 either.

Speaking of BAM 3000, a store about 2 hours away has had two complete copies for awhile, need to pick one up because my copy is missing box & manual.....

I don't believe they printed many copies of Redcard soccer.

Yeah, don't see that one too much, but I don't think top 10.

I've seen a few copies each of F1 2002, Freaky Flyers, and Slot Car Thunder. They're scarce indeed, but I wouldn't put them in a top 10 list.

Must be regional, I don't think I've EVER saw a copy of F1 2002.

Also a few UBI Soft games seem to be a little bit hard to get(for me atlease) like the two Monster Truck games, City Racer, and the rally games(one of which was published by UBI. I've also been looking for Road Trip for awhile with no luck. Would put any of those in the top 10, just a few that are "uncommon.

roushimsx
01-20-2007, 04:51 PM
I've also been looking for Road Trip for awhile with no luck. Would put any of those in the top 10, just a few that are "uncommon.

I've managed to find one copy and it's in pretty beat up shape, so I never bought it. The store has had it for a good long while and everytime I see it, it calls my name :( Along with the GBA game, it's one of two US ChoroQ games that I don't have and it's bugging the hell out of me.

Chances are I'll just buy it online at some point.

Mayhem
01-20-2007, 04:57 PM
I bought it from Nintendo's online store. store.nintendo.com

Interesting, I don't recall seeing it there otherwise I would have ordered it. I got Kris (QoF) to order two copies from the Pokemon site because it wasn't working for me at the time.

Vectorman0
01-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Interesting, I don't recall seeing it there otherwise I would have ordered it. I got Kris (QoF) to order two copies from the Pokemon site because it wasn't working for me at the time.

My order confirmation invoice is dated 1/29/05. I figured I might as well throw that out there since you seem intrigued.

TheTrench
01-22-2007, 07:06 PM
So which games are indeed hard to find/rare?

sisko
01-22-2007, 11:43 PM
So which games are indeed hard to find/rare?

Are you serious? Did you not see the other 11 pages in this thread? If you read at least one of them, you'll get a general idea....

As for others, FIFA World Cup 2002 seems to be rather difficult to track down. Probably not rare, but fairly uncommon.

TheTrench
01-23-2007, 01:42 AM
Well I read through them, did a litle searching, the NCAA basketball game is the only one that really stands out to me.

Roi
01-25-2007, 04:13 AM
I bought Fireblade today, never heard of it before.

Mayhem
01-25-2007, 06:02 AM
Took me a while to find a copy of that in the shops, but one turned up eventually.

veronica_marsfan
01-25-2007, 07:54 AM
NOA sent out a demo disc containing a preview version of the game

A demo not a game in any way, shape, or form. My picks:

#1 Zelda Collection that has Ocarina & Ocrina Master Quest
#2 Zelda Collection that includes the 2 NES and 2 N64 games
#3 Eternal Darkness - hard to find since it was unpopular & few copies were pressed

NOTE: I'm talking about United States here. I don't care about other countries w/ their incompatible discs that I can't play.

TurboGenesis
01-25-2007, 01:24 PM

#3 Eternal Darkness - hard to find since it was unpopular & few copies were pressed

NOTE: I'm talking about United States here. I don't care about other countries w/ their incompatible discs that I can't play.

With the simple use of a Freeloader import games can be easily played on the USA GCN.

Honestly the above mentioned 3 titles are rather easy to find especially when compaired to titles like Bust a Move 3000, Rave Master, or even Virtua Quest.

snes_collector
01-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Virtua Quest is another that I forgot about, not sure if I ever saw many if any copies of.

lordnikon
01-25-2007, 04:16 PM
I finally got Jedi Outcast on the way. Did a Buy It Now auction for a mint copy, selling at 32.00+SH that nobody noticed. While others were fighting it out in bid wars I managed to swoop in and grab this one because it wasn't showing an image in the list view, only when you clicked into the auction.

The problem with Jedi Outcast, and a LOT of GameCube games, is the difficulty in tracking down complete copies of games in good condition.

At any given time of the week, check ebay for Jedi Outcast, and see how many are missing materials.

I ordered a copy of Lost Kingdoms from someone about a year ago. The game arrived with no manual, and just the game and case. The game was damaged. The previous owner liked to rip it in and out of the case I guess, so the diameter of the inner circle was stretched. The game wouldn't stay seated when running in the console.

Just the other day I saw someone selling just the game and manual for 9.50. So looks like I will own a complete playable copy of this game finally.

Posters in this thread are listing too many games. The entire GameCube library can't be rare. We will have to wait and see what happens when people start selling their stock of GameCube games.

There are probobly about 10 games or so that can be flagged as definatly rare. Others can only be called vaguely hard to find for now.

DigitalSpace
01-25-2007, 05:21 PM

None of those are, or will ever be rare. The Zelda discs are among Nintendo's most popular promotions ever. They'll be more like say, Chrono Trigger on the SNES - pricey and in high demand, but never hard to locate.

As for Eternal Darkness, I see used copies everywhere. The game was a cult hit and it's been rumored that Silicon Knights plans to develop a sequel.

Also, I'd say Rally Championship is possibly "top 10 rarity" material. Haven't seen a copy of that anywhere in at least a year, which makes me glad I got it when I saw it.

roushimsx
01-25-2007, 05:59 PM

Googling "Eternal Darkness" + "NPD" + "Sales Numbers" yields some fun results. For instance, through July '02, the game sold at least 170k copies (and NPD apparently only polls the top 60-80% of retailers).

Want to see something sad? Try "Virtua Quest" + "NPD" or "Puyo Pop Fever" + "NPD".

ubersaurus
01-25-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm willing to bet some of the stuff coming out this year will end up being, if not rare, than at least uncommon. Radio Allergy comes to mind.

bjeong1381
01-25-2007, 11:20 PM
As many of you guys might know I was heavy into collecting for Gamecube at one point. I had every game listed in this thread. About a year ago I decided to stop collecting games. I sold off most of the collection (400+ games). I would say by far the hardest discs to find are October 2001 kiosk demo complete and the Soul Calibur II demo disc. As for games the hardest one would probably be NCAA Basketball 2K3. Here is what I stopped collecting for:

http://www.nbhq.net/hostees/joe/shots/pictures/jeong2%20064.jpg

Mayhem
01-26-2007, 06:46 AM
The problem with Jedi Outcast, and a LOT of GameCube games, is the difficulty in tracking down complete copies of games in good condition.

At any given time of the week, check ebay for Jedi Outcast, and see how many are missing materials.

Indeed, it took me ages to find a complete good condition copy of US JK2. After all the looking on eBay to the US, one pops up in the UK and I win it for 4 quid! :D

(that's about US$7 btw)

Likewise I also managed to get a sealed copy of BAM3000 for 6 quid (US$10) from eBay UK (which is currently in my sales list). And I got my sealed copy of Disney Basketball from Amazon for $25 which I thought was a pretty good deal considering used copies go for over $40.

RadiantSvgun
01-26-2007, 07:59 AM
I'm going with Gotcha force. Very limited supply of that game. That or the interactive multi-game demo discs that aren't available to the public.

joshnickerson
01-26-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm going with Gotcha force. Very limited supply of that game. That or the interactive multi-game demo discs that aren't available to the public.

I dunno, starting late last year, I've been seeing complete copies of Gotcha Force popping up in every GS/EB I went to, for about $30 used.

RadiantSvgun
01-26-2007, 08:52 PM
They may have done a reprint, but I doubt it. The game isnt worth 29.99.

Rogmeister
01-26-2007, 09:37 PM
I looked up Jedi Outcast at Amazon.com this afternoon. There were several used copies there, the cheapest (starting just over $30) were incomplete copies. There were complete used copies for a bit more and upwards to about $60 to $70. There was one new copy from the Marketplace seller who was asking $130 for it. Of course, Amazon itself had no copies.

DigitalSpace
01-27-2007, 03:05 AM
They may have done a reprint, but I doubt it. The game isnt worth 29.99.

GameQuestDirect reprinted Gotcha Force last year. Somewhat of an odd choice, but oh well.

Griking
01-27-2007, 01:01 PM
GameQuestDirect reprinted Gotcha Force last year. Somewhat of an odd choice, but oh well.

They try to reprint all of the more uncommon games in the hopes to make a fortune selling them as rare.

One game I'm pretty sure you won't see them releasing though is NCAA Basketball 2K3

NES_Rules
01-27-2007, 09:31 PM

Yeah you don't see too many copies of it. I also believe there is atlease 2 different boxarts for it, one with a yellow circle that has some writing in it, and another without the yellow circle(my copy does not.)

Wow, I had no idea this was a very rare game. I got a copy at a garage sales for $2 last summer. Mine's in really good shape too, except stupid Adam Nye had to go and write his name on the disk.

lordnikon
01-28-2007, 01:35 AM
I looked up Jedi Outcast at Amazon.com this afternoon. There were several used copies there, the cheapest (starting just over $30) were incomplete copies. There were complete used copies for a bit more and upwards to about $60 to $70. There was one new copy from the Marketplace seller who was asking $130 for it. Of course, Amazon itself had no copies.
There are sellers on Amazon that are insane. They charge bo-gillions of dollars hoping to rope in sucker. Unfortunatly this is a big problem, and can distort the market for some games on Amazon. At one point some jackass had F355 Challenge for the Dreamcast selling for $299.99.

Jedi Knight 2 is worth about 30 complete used on a rarity level, but goes for 30-40 due to it being star wars related and a good game on top of that.

veronica_marsfan
01-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Googling "Eternal Darkness" + "NPD" + "Sales Numbers" yields some fun results. For instance, through July '02, the game sold at least 170k copies.

Want to see something sad? Try "Virtua Quest" + "NPD" or "Puyo Pop Fever" + "NPD".

I sold my copy of Puyo Pop Fever.
Dang.
:smash:

MarioMania
03-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Is Tomb Raider Legend going to be rare

jajaja
03-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Is Tomb Raider Legend going to be rare

A rare Tomb Raider game? I'd live to see the day hehe ;) Any reason why it would be rare? I'm not into GC.

Gorez
03-17-2007, 08:14 PM
edited..im make it a topic so i can see everyones views.

RPG_Fanatic
03-17-2007, 10:00 PM

I was just at Gamecrazy today and they had a used copy of Eternal Darkness for $9.00 i don't think it's that hard to find if it's only $9.00 used

exit
03-17-2007, 10:08 PM

I actually found that one very easily, I picked it up new at EBgames about a year ago for $14.00. I found it very amusing that in the making-of video they brag about the game, like it's going to be revolutionary, but it just turned out to be one big mess,

Rogmeister
03-17-2007, 10:30 PM
I actually found that one very easily, I picked it up new at EBgames about a year ago for $14.00. I found it very amusing that in the making-of video they brag about the game, like it's going to be revolutionary, but it just turned out to be one big mess,

Well, they liked it on Judgment Day... :D

MarioMania
03-18-2007, 12:37 AM
A rare Tomb Raider game? I'd live to see the day hehe ;) Any reason why it would be rare? I'm not into GC.

Well, One of the Good Games with Zelda, The only reason I said that was it prolly where like 1000 made or less..It might go in high demand, So the price would increase

sisko
03-18-2007, 01:53 AM
Well, One of the Good Games with Zelda, The only reason I said that was it prolly where like 1000 made or less..It might go in high demand, So the price would increase

I guess I really don't understand the question..

There were FAR more copies of Tomb Raider: Legend than 1,000 produced. As such, it will never be rare.

MarioMania
03-18-2007, 02:02 AM
I guess I really don't understand the question..

There were FAR more copies of Tomb Raider: Legend than 1,000 produced. As such, it will never be rare.

yeah on the Xbox, Xbox 360 & the PS2..I don't know the numbers for the Gamecube version

sisko
03-18-2007, 02:25 AM

yeah on the Xbox, Xbox 360 & the PS2..I don't know the numbers for the Gamecube version

I can't track down definitive numbers either, but there were approximately 3 million copies of Legend sold across all platforms. It would be rather naive to assume that .03% of those were GameCube versions.

Pressing and developing games is very expensive. Most large companies won't even bother with a shipment as small as 1,000 units.

orrimarrko
03-18-2007, 02:37 PM

Sorry, but none of those are remotely rare.

There are a ton of the giveaway Zelda compilation discs out there (both kinds.) They were just that - bonuses. Check ebay any day of the week - there's a ton out there.

They're expensive because they're always in demand - not because they're rare. There's a difference.

Eternal Darkness is also not rare, sorry to say.

orrimarrko
03-18-2007, 02:46 PM
I honestly can't believe that we're still having this discussion, to be honest.

Folks, just because you can't find a game in the wild does NOT mean that it's rare.

Everyone needs to remember that games are shipped in varying amounts by region.

You may get very few copies of a certain title in your town, but I may get a ton here.

That is never a gauge of rarity.

Also, eBay should be taken with a grain of salt. High prices for a title on eBay doesn't necessarily relate to "rarity" or even a low production run.

It just means that the title is in demand; period.

The games (as it almost always is for most system libraries) that will be the hardest to find as time goes by are the following:

Shitty games from fledgling production/distribution companies.

Games that suck are usually common, because no one wants them. However, games from smaller distributors are usually in lower supply as it is. When you throw in the fact that no one wants to play it...means eventually you won't find it at retail, and eventually much at all.

Limited Editions/Bonus packaging games

Because these typically are in short production runs by definition, there are usually problems with getting these complete second-hand. Most keep their copy, but those who don't usually don't sell/trade in the bonus materials that made the package what it was when they bought it.

(For example - the Target only double disc release of Rebel Strike III (which used a two-disc case to hold the Arcade demo.) Good luck finding this one - I'm glad I kept mine.

NCAA Basketball 2K3 by Sega

This is the only game where an actual low production run was confirmed.

Everything else is just speculation.

Good luck!

Orri~

Cryomancer
03-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Virtua Quest and Puyo Pop are rare? I paid 10 for Virtua Quest at TRU, and somewheere around 8-12 for Puyo Pop. I just got em cuz i kinda like em, hah.

Mayhem
03-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Well they didn't sell much.

To me the rarest games are probably:

1) Those I've never seen sitting on a shop shelf in the US, and I've been to countless shops AND
2) Going for over $30 on eBay

So that includes Jedi Knight II, Bust-a-Move 3000 (aside from the one copy I saw minus manual), Disney Basketball and Digimon World 4.

orrimarrko
03-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Well they didn't sell much.

To me the rarest games are probably:

1) Those I've never seen sitting on a shop shelf in the US, and I've been to countless shops AND
2) Going for over $30 on eBay

So that includes Jedi Knight II, Bust-a-Move 3000 (aside from the one copy I saw minus manual), Disney Basketball and Digimon World 4.

Mayhem -

It's been a while - how's it going?

Yes, I would agree that the Disney Sports games are some of the harder to find titles in the GCN library. Basketball is the toughest of the four (then Football, Soccer, and Skateboarding, IMO.)

Bust-a-Move 3000 was a TRU exclusive (at one point), so that one has always been a toughie. Not terribly hard to find used, however. One store near me has a copy right now (w/manual.)

Don't have any comment on Digimon World 4, but Jedi Knight II would rank in my top ten toughies as well.

Take care,

Steve

Mayhem
03-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Not too bad thanks :)

I've found and bought all the other three Disney sports games from shops in the US, but I've never ever seen Basketball. Got that new off Amazon for $25 (yeah lucked in there).

As always pointed out, it's a regional thing. Many games I've bought I've only ever seen one copy of on the shelves of all the shops I've visited, but I'm sure they must be more common elsewhere.

Except for NCAA Basketball 2K3... yeah even found that once, last year in the summer before Comic Con. Never seen JK2, lucked in again with it from a UK seller, 6 GBP complete (about $10).

I don't think anything I still need is that rare, just haven't gotten around to buying it yet. I think I've got all the toughies now...

snes_collector
03-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Digimon World 4 isn't near are hard to find as Digimon Rumble Arena IMO

Mayhem
03-19-2007, 06:45 AM
To be fair, I had to get both off eBay, never saw either to buy.

MightyMagnor
03-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Pokemon Box

anteis24
01-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Does anybody know how many copies of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker / Metroid Prime were released (or more specifically, the console bundle it came in)? I was lucky to pick one up on ebay for 5 bucks due to a poor description and no picture. Didn't even know it existed until the seller confirmed the two games were in the same case. I also got a factory sealed NCAA Basketball 2k3 in trade a while back (sorry for the poor pic, taken with a phone).
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2969/0116081955pb4.th.jpg (http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0116081955pb4.jpg)

TonyTheTiger
01-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Hey, I picked up one of those Metroid/Zelda combo packs not too long ago at a Gamestop. What came with yours? I ask because the guys at the store said they only took it in with Zelda so I just bought a Prime to toss in it, too. It didn't come with any paperwork, either. I just tossed the Metroid Prime stuff inside. Are your discs just the standard discs or are they special ones specially made for the combo? Likewise does it come with a special book?

Sorry to threadjack, btw. On topic, I think the combo pack was a pack in with a special Gamecube bundle sold at Best Buy. I can't imagine it being too rare since I doubt Best Buy would only have sold 10,000 or so bundles. I'd guess much higher than that.

anteis24
01-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey, unfortunately the game is sealed and I'm going to leave it that way, as I already have the individual games to play. If I had to guess, it would be like the Zelda: OoT/MQ + Wind Waker combo disc which has two discs and two manuals. The only part that's not standard is the case insert.

orangest
01-16-2008, 09:02 PM
wind waker/metroid prime was a pack-in with the platinum system, according to this thread (http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77725&highlight=wind+waker+metroid+platinum).

this ebay auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200155883866) shows the contents.

TonyTheTiger
01-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the info. And, yeah, probably not rare at all but still pretty neat.

PentiumMMX
01-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Some games that are a pain to find in my area include:

- Any of the Phantasy Star Online games
The only places that sell new games in my town are Wal-Mart and Gamestop. Wal-Mart never sold it, and I've only ever seen Episode III and Episodes I & II once at Gamestop (Wasn't interested in EpIII at the time (It was only $20, though), and EpI&II was still $50).

- Tube Slider
Never even heard of it until they joked about it on X-Play

- NCAA Basketball 2K3
'Nuff said

- Cubavore
Only seen it once.

DigitalSpace
01-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Tube Slider is somewhat uncommon around here, but not hard to find by any means.

Cubivore became a common sight after reprints started popping up at GameStop (sold as used copies, unsurprisingly). It seemed like every GS around here had at least one copy. But that was quite a while ago and I haven't spotted a copy anywhere for months.

roushimsx
01-17-2008, 05:32 AM
- Any of the Phantasy Star Online games

'round these parts, PSO III is a bitch to find as well. About a year or two ago I stumbled on a beat up copy at EB Games for $20 or $30 and passed on it and it wasn't until about 2 weeks ago that I found another one. Turned it up at GameRush for $10 in spiffy condition (odd, because most games there are in crap condition and/or missing their manuals)

Mayhem
01-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Again must be a regional thing... Chicago land was swimming in PSO III while the Cube was still well stocked on the shelves.

eternalblue81
01-17-2008, 03:39 PM
PSO III seems rather uncommon, but periodically shows up at random Gamestops in my area. Once in a great while I'll see Phantasy Star Episode I & II. The hardest to find GCN Phantasy Star has got to be Phantasy Star Episode I & II Plus. I haven't seen that one since they sold out of new copies when it first came out.

xfrumx
01-17-2008, 03:44 PM
I have said it in one thread and I will say it in this one again. I think Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix is one of the rarest. I saw it the day it came out(everywhere around here sold out of pre orders). I saw it again when it was reprinted(1 copy 1 place). and about a year ago I found a copy at Toys R Us my friend who worked there said it was in the back for a while and they found it. I also saw 1 used copy. Of course I own 3 copys now(1 sealed) but I think it is def one of the hardest to find.

sisko
01-17-2008, 03:51 PM
I have said it in one thread and I will say it in this one again. I think Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix is one of the rarest. I saw it the day it came out(everywhere around here sold out of pre orders). I saw it again when it was reprinted(1 copy 1 place). and about a year ago I found a copy at Toys R Us my friend who worked there said it was in the back for a while and they found it. I also saw 1 used copy. Of course I own 3 copys now(1 sealed) but I think it is def one of the hardest to find.

There are craptons available on ebay, and loose discs are available everywhere. It will get harder and harder to find a complete set as time goes by. Since the reprint, this is merely uncommon.

slapdash
01-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Seems hard enough to get one new in the box for the original full price or less, dang it. Still hoping to find one...

Buyatari
01-18-2008, 12:07 AM

I had my wife drive around buying them when it was first discontinued. We got 9 of them I think. We debating holding or selling but quickly sold once we found out about another shipment. Well we got some of those as well and re-sold them. They were out of print back in print more than once. However I did notice that the boxes were different from the 1st and all later runs. I'm guessing the 1st print run boxes will one day command a premium. Right now no one cares.

Mayhem
01-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Just grabbed a WW/MP combo off eBay last night for $43... not too bad I guess, just randomly decided to search for it yesterday and there was one about to finish. Missing the WW manual but if needs be I can order that from the Nintendo store.

xfrumx
01-18-2008, 03:35 PM
I had my wife drive around buying them when it was first discontinued. We got 9 of them I think. We debating holding or selling but quickly sold once we found out about another shipment. Well we got some of those as well and re-sold them. They were out of print back in print more than once. However I did notice that the boxes were different from the 1st and all later runs. I'm guessing the 1st print run boxes will one day command a premium. Right now no one cares.

What is the differences on the boxes? I will have to look at mine

Lothars
01-18-2008, 11:59 PM
Just grabbed a WW/MP combo off eBay last night for $43... not too bad I guess, just randomly decided to search for it yesterday and there was one about to finish. Missing the WW manual but if needs be I can order that from the Nintendo store.

Just wondering what did you search for when you were looking for it?

I can never seem to find it on ebay

TonyTheTiger
01-19-2008, 12:07 AM

I think you guys are getting screwed. I got my combo from Gamestop for the combined cost of a used Wind Waker and a used Metroid Prime (about $18). Granted, mine didn't come with any paperwork but that's not exactly hard to replace since they're just the standard manuals. Being that the game was a pack-in it's probably not that rare and since the contents aren't any different than what comes with Prime or Wind Waker separately...that's over $20 for an insert and double disc case.

DigitalSpace
01-19-2008, 01:41 AM
I always look through the Gamecube stuff at any game store I visit, and I have never seen a Wind Waker/MP combo in the wild.

The 1 2 P
01-19-2008, 01:51 AM
I think you guys are getting screwed. I got my combo from Gamestop for the combined cost of a used Wind Waker and a used Metroid Prime (about $18). Granted, mine didn't come with any paperwork but that's not exactly hard to replace since they're just the standard manuals. Being that the game was a pack-in it's probably not that rare and since the contents aren't any different than what comes with Prime or Wind Waker separately...that's over $20 for an insert and double disc case.

I posted this in another thread similar to this:

I found one in one of my many local Gamestop's for the awesome sum of $18.00. What's weird about that is apparently they have never gotten this game in before, because they had two price stickers on it. They charged me as if I bought Metroid Prime and LOZ:Wind Wakers seperately($4.99 and $12.99 respectively). I thought this was a rip off, so I said no thanks and left. But after thinking about how I'd never seen this before--I went back for it later that day. So for anyone looking for this game, call your local Gamestop/EB and ask if they have any in stock. I'm sure they have to pop up from time to time. Unless I just got super lucky.

The 1 2 P
01-19-2008, 01:52 AM
I always look through the Gamecube stuff at any game store I visit, and I have never seen a Wind Waker/MP combo in the wild.

Keep looking. You'll find one eventually. But with this many people looking for them I wonder how much I could get for a factory sealed copy?

Mayhem
01-19-2008, 06:02 AM
I've never seen either combo in the wild either (and that's multiple trips over the space of 2-3 years to 20-30 different shops) hence having to rely on eBay here.

Just wondering what did you search for when you were looking for it?

I just searched for <"Wind Waker" "Metroid Prime" Gamecube> string with "search in description" turned on and looking in any country. Sure that means having to ignore all the PAL ones, but I have gotten a couple of rare US Cube titles (Jedi Knight 2, Bust a Move 3000) from the UK before, so it's worth it sometimes. Maybe I just got lucky spotting one copy that had about 12 hours left on it.

Now trying to find the WW/MQ combo is a lot more searching effort because the stand along MQ disc has a WW demo on it, so you have to try and ignore all of those hits... plus early PAL copies had the same setup as well (both discs inside one case).

sisko
01-19-2008, 09:27 AM
but I have gotten a couple of rare US Cube titles (Jedi Knight 2, Bust a Move 3000) from the UK before, so it's worth it sometimes.

Just to drive a point home... Jedi Knight 2 is perceived rarity based on regions. It's merely uncommon around these parts (one store had three copies in stock a few weeks ago.

TonyTheTiger
01-19-2008, 11:08 AM
I posted this in another thread similar to this:

I found one in one of my many local Gamestop's for the awesome sum of $18.00. What's weird about that is apparently they have never gotten this game in before, because they had two price stickers on it. They charged me as if I bought Metroid Prime and LOZ:Wind Wakers seperately($4.99 and $12.99 respectively). I thought this was a rip off, so I said no thanks and left. But after thinking about how I'd never seen this before--I went back for it later that day. So for anyone looking for this game, call your local Gamestop/EB and ask if they have any in stock. I'm sure they have to pop up from time to time. Unless I just got super lucky.

My situation was similar. I went in the store on a whim and saw the game. Never seen it before and left. After reflecting on it a bit I went back. Turns out the guy at the store took it in only with Zelda so he just stuck a Wind Waker price tag on it. I ended up buying a Prime separately and stuck the disc in. Nobody at the store seemed to know what it was. Not that I blame them as neither did I. But from what I can tell, Gamestop hasn't figured out what to do with the game so they just do the logical thing and add together the two prices. And in reality, that makes a lot of sense since there's nothing "different" about the package aside from the insert. People charging nearly $50 for it on Ebay are taking advantage.

Even if the thing is "rare" (which I doubt), what exactly is rare about it? Not the discs...not the manuals...not the double disc case. Hell, even the insert looks like it's just a really well done Photoshop edit.

Mayhem
01-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Just to drive a point home... Jedi Knight 2 is perceived rarity based on regions. It's merely uncommon around these parts (one store had three copies in stock a few weeks ago.

Must be in demand if the price remains above $30. Actually as mentioned earlier one Gamestop I was in during November had three copies in it as well. Mind you, no other store (of many) I went in had a copy...

The 1 2 P
01-19-2008, 08:30 PM
My situation was similar. I went in the store on a whim and saw the game. Never seen it before and left. After reflecting on it a bit I went back. Turns out the guy at the store took it in only with Zelda so he just stuck a Wind Waker price tag on it. I ended up buying a Prime separately and stuck the disc in. Nobody at the store seemed to know what it was. Not that I blame them as neither did I. But from what I can tell, Gamestop hasn't figured out what to do with the game so they just do the logical thing and add together the two prices. And in reality, that makes a lot of sense since there's nothing "different" about the package aside from the insert. People charging nearly $50 for it on Ebay are taking advantage.

Even if the thing is "rare" (which I doubt), what exactly is rare about it? Not the discs...not the manuals...not the double disc case. Hell, even the insert looks like it's just a really well done Photoshop edit.

I don't think it's super rare. But the stand alone copies both made Nintendo's Players Choice subset. So I would assume they both sold atleast 500,000-700,000 copies each. As for the bundle 2-in-1 version, they probably didn't even make more than 200,000 of those. Of course, thats just a guess, but the fact that it rarely comes up on ebay or is found in the wild is why some people pay $50 and up for it.

vincewy
01-19-2008, 11:09 PM
We can say many thanks to success of Wii, making it harder to find GC games used and new as many gamers discover what GC has to offer (which they missed out last generation).

IMHO, the rarest games (not necessarily the most popular)

-Goblin & Commander
-Ikaruga (should've kept my extra copy)
-PSO I&II (both original and Plus)
-Gotcha Force (still rare but Gamedude has 5 new in stock for $29.99)
-Bust-A-Move 3000 (I got the last copy sealed at TRU back in 2004)
-Spirits and Spells
-Mario DDR (I don't think it's the rarest but it was among the most popular)
-Beyond Good and Evil
-Cubivore (still rare even with GQD reprints)
-Most of Disney sports titles (not popular but very hard to find)
-Digimon Rumble Arena 2
-NCAA College Basketball 2003 (I'd hate to be a collector going after complete collection)

Some of the games are hard to find sealed and in original non PC version but by no mean rare, and I hope GQD reprints more titles (even though I collect sealed GC games). I'll visit the GQD retail store tomorrow morning, can't wait.

RadiantSvgun
01-19-2008, 11:28 PM
Tube Slider and Spirits and Spells. Not to mention the Pokemon box: ruby and sapphire.

I don't count the RE games because RE2 and RE3 were reprinted. I see them everywhere in the 39.99 range.

Gotcha Force has a really low count, although I do not know the fun factor of the game.

Also, keep an eye on Virtua Quest, I can see that one being rare.

DigitalSpace
01-20-2008, 01:24 AM
I still think Rally Championship is up there too. Haven't seen it in the wild in a long time. Just looked it up on eBay and Amazon - Amazon has one copy priced at $39.99 and the only copy available on eBay right now is in PAL format. On the plus side, it'll only set you back $4.99 if you come across a used copy at a GameStop.

Niku-Sama
01-20-2008, 01:37 AM
i dont think their super rare and i dont know if they havent been mension because i only read this last page but Odama and the Pacmanworld2/Pacman Vs. combo (even though its a best seller) would be rather un common, especially the pacman vs. only being in the BS version which doesent seem to have been printed very much

sisko
01-20-2008, 02:22 AM
Gotcha Force has a really low count, although I do not know the fun factor of the game

Gotcha Force was a GQD reprint. It was hard to find, but not anymore.

Buyatari
01-20-2008, 02:06 PM
What is the differences on the boxes? I will have to look at mine

I don't remeber as I no longer have ANY copies. I would imagine looking at a few ebay auctions will reveal it. The picture is different. I think Mario has 2 different poses.

TonyTheTiger
01-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Does anyone know what kind of print numbers come out of GQD? Reason being, if a game originally gets a printing of 5,000 then an additional 1,000 from GQD won't mean a whole lot as far as turning a rare game into a common one. But if GQD churns out 10,000 copies then that changes things.

colicub
01-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Mayhem, what you were saying about finding games cheaper in the PAL regions is definitely true.

I just found a complete US F1 2002 for £7. Hopefully I'm not overpaying. :D

Mayhem
01-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Well given how hard it seems to be to find, probably not!

Mercapto
06-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Does the Zelda The Wind Waker Limited edition from HMV UK count as a variation or as a rarity ? It has a sleeve exclusive to HMV UK.

Lostdwarf
06-25-2008, 06:45 PM
ddr mario is pretty hard to find

Icarus Moonsight
06-25-2008, 07:08 PM
I've seen plenty. Almost every Gamestop has a copy or two and at the asking price, that's unlikely to change anytime soon. Especially since they don't even take the mat. WTF you say? Indeed. :roll:

Finding a boxed complete one. Yeah, that's much harder. :)

Lostdwarf
06-25-2008, 07:27 PM
i still have the box from mine its in storage with other nintendo boxes

Mercapto
06-25-2008, 07:40 PM
I just bought me an MC Groovz complete for 10$, first I've seen around my area, but I guess that sold 100k or more ?

Kitsune Sniper
06-25-2008, 07:49 PM
I just bought me an MC Groovz complete for 10$, first I've seen around my area, but I guess that sold 100k or more ?

Probably not. If I recall correctly, Mad Catz got sued by Konami and settled the suit somehow.

http://www.konami.co.jp/en/news/topics/061101/index.html

GM80
06-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Anyone know the story/numbers behind the Star Wars: Bounty Hunter "Limited Edition Cover Art" variant? There's always one or two on eBay but I don't remember its release.

Mayhem
06-26-2008, 11:19 AM
No and no sadly. Only seen one in person which I grabbed...

slapdash
06-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Anyone know the story/numbers behind the Star Wars: Bounty Hunter "Limited Edition Cover Art" variant? There's always one or two on eBay but I don't remember its release.

Hmm, not sure I even knew about this one... Anyone got comparative photos?

Mercapto
06-27-2008, 04:16 AM
I think the difference is obvious enough, the LE has only a helmet on the cover (and big letters telling you its an LE), the normal version has the entire bounty hunter.

Mayhem
06-27-2008, 04:37 AM
And even then there are two versions of the "normal" artwork depending on whether the game has the limited edition SWTCG card of Jango Fett inside. Technically there are three variations.

Mercapto
06-27-2008, 05:28 AM
And even then there are two versions of the "normal" artwork depending on whether the game has the limited edition SWTCG card of Jango Fett inside. Technically there are three variations.

Oh yea sure, make my list longer and longer :(
I'm at 140 now...there's a long way to go.

bcks007
06-27-2008, 05:32 AM

Wow, what is that card about? Any pictures?, mentioned on the box cover?, links to info about it?

I've never heard of it. Please tell me it isn't in the ps2 versions of this game. (normal, LE artwork, and GH) I do collect ps2 games and variants, so im hoping that card is nowhere to be found on the ps2 versions. :-/

Mercapto
06-27-2008, 05:59 AM
There should be a little info circle on the front telling you of the card if I remember correctly, and I think it's PS2 too, check ebay maybe ?

bcks007
06-27-2008, 06:18 AM
Well i see the card version picture for the gamecube normal. Are you sure there is no card version for the gamecube?
The ps2 version doesn't mention it at all, but then again, some times things are just put into the game case, without a mention of it on the cover. I wanted to make sure it wasn't something sneaky like that for my version.

Mercapto
06-27-2008, 06:27 AM
card version with info box on the front :

http://i17.ebayimg.com/03/c/04/1f/cf/39_8.JPG

normal :

http://i18.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/f8/2b/62b3_1.JPG

bcks007
06-27-2008, 07:53 AM
On your 2nd picture, there is no gamecube logo on it. It could be the a pc or stock photo even. I think that it would be odd if it was gamecube artwork for the game, but with no gamecube logo on it. No Nintendo stamp of approval either.

Mercapto
06-27-2008, 08:04 AM
On your 2nd picture, there is no gamecube logo on it. It could be the a pc or stock photo even. I think that it would be odd if it was gamecube artwork for the game, but with no gamecube logo on it. No Nintendo stamp of approval either.

True, I'll replace it, takes a whole 3secs to find the right pic...

http://i3.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/f6/6f/8abf_1.JPG

Mayhem
06-27-2008, 09:24 AM
If he hadn't posted the pic, then I would have said I've had the non-card version in my hands. I own the LE artwork and the carded versions myself.

CosmicMonkey
06-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Does the Zelda The Wind Waker Limited edition from HMV UK count as a variation or as a rarity ? It has a sleeve exclusive to HMV UK.

I walked into HMV literally 5 minutes after buying WW in Gamestation. I was quite gutted to see HMV had a LE, but not that bothered to do anything about it. Wish I had, as I've never seen it on eBay the few random times I've had a look.

Mercapto
06-27-2008, 11:00 AM
I walked into HMV literally 5 minutes after buying WW in Gamestation. I was quite gutted to see HMV had a LE, but not that bothered to do anything about it. Wish I had, as I've never seen it on eBay the few random times I've had a look.

I can buy one now but I think it'll end up going for the price it was back when.

koster
06-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Hmm, not sure I even knew about this one... Anyone got comparative photos?
And here is the limited edition version:

http://www.xdr.com/koster/trade/i/gcnBountyHunter.jpg

slapdash
06-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Thanks much for the pix guys! That's pretty cool; I didn't know about the different versions, though it turns out I have the limited edition.

Don Komarechka
12-08-2008, 10:28 PM
I'd say Radio Allergy is one of the rarest, seeing as I have the only known copy.

Its on an NR disc as Nintendo never created a master copy for retail use. However, this game isn't a "beta", as the game is essentially complete and polished in every way.

http://komtron.electricpickleonline.com/public/images/games/vnn3cljuo13.jpg

Of course, this game was released in Japan, but the version I have is completely translated to English. :)

TonyTheTiger
12-08-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm not sure though if unreleased games are really in the spirit of what the thread is talking about. But that is a pretty cool thing you got there.

Don Komarechka
12-08-2008, 10:53 PM
This thread talks about demos as well, so I figured this would fit.

As far as generally available titles, I would point my finger at a cardboard-boxed version of Pokémon Box from the North American markets. The game (utility) was available as a pack-in or sold retail in other regions, but in North America was the only title to be sold exclusively through the web.

Demos, kiosk discs, even the service disc (I wrote an in-depth article on the service disc which you can find here (http://www.electricpickleonline.com/?p=38)) are equal candidates, but they were never "sold". Actually something worth mentioning, kiosk discs 17 and 25 have *never* been found complete with the case insert, only as loose discs. If someone finds these two discs complete, than you've got yourself a one-of-a-kind :)

TurboGenesis
12-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Hello Don K.

I still drool over your copy of USA Radio Allergy!

If I recall correctly, weren't there some changes to the scoring? I remember when you had posted your scores and they were a bit different than from the japanese versions of the game… I was curious to what was changed in the calculations…

Mayhem
12-09-2008, 07:02 AM
Actually something worth mentioning, kiosk discs 17 and 25 have *never* been found complete with the case insert, only as loose discs. If someone finds these two discs complete, than you've got yourself a one-of-a-kind :)

We've been discussing this in another thread recently somewhere abouts here if you go search ;)

On a comparative level, I have an NR of US Micro Machines which wasn't released either. Not sure if any other copies of it exist, not seen them.

Don Komarechka
12-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Mayhem,
We've discussed the kiosk disc situation personally too :) I've tracked down both 17 and 25 myself for my own collection but both still do not have their respective sleeves. And your copy of Micro Machines does make me drool, however wasn't it released in the UK as well?

TurboGenesis,
The scoring for the US version was found to be identical in every way way one exception - it has a 10x multiplier over the Japanese score, basically just an extra zero on the end. This was intentionally put there by the developers as far as I can tell.

Mayhem
12-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Yeah, Micro Machines was released in Europe but not in the US for whatever reason.

TurboGenesis
12-09-2008, 09:54 AM
TurboGenesis,
The scoring for the US version was found to be identical in every way way one exception - it has a 10x multiplier over the Japanese score, basically just an extra zero on the end. This was intentionally put there by the developers as far as I can tell.

Thank You, Don K., for clearing that up. :)
Do you know if this has been carried over onto 'Ultimate Shooting Collection' which is coming out on the Wii? Though I have all three games for the Dreamcast, I purchase all USA released shooting games in an effort to pledge support.

Radirgy is my favorite game from Milestone of which I have played (I have not played Illvelo)

Don Komarechka
12-09-2008, 01:55 PM
It should be in the compilation, Though who knows if it'll ever see the light of day.

Whatever the reasons for the delay, it is doubtful that it is the same reason that Radio Allergy was never released for the GameCube (though I can't go into details).

Its really hard to say now that the publisher has switched hands. UFO is now publishing, yet both Chaos Field and Radio Allergy were translated by O3 so I'm not sure if the two companies are working together, if UFO has full control of the project or what the story is. There are no assets available on O3's press site so I don't think they are involved at all, but that's just a guess..

Hope for the best :)

DreamTR
12-09-2008, 02:01 PM
NR Reader games don't count towards the official release list since it's(Radirgy) technically a non published copy of the game. It's counted as unreleased. The rarity being discussed is about officially released games...

Don Komarechka
12-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Was just trying to liven up a thread that hadn't been active for about six months :P

TonyTheTiger
12-09-2008, 02:28 PM
No worries. Where did you get that thing anyway?

Don Komarechka
12-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Directly from O3, I was extremely helpful on their forums and had an ongoing communication with their marketing director. Seeing as I offered to write a preview of the title and had access to an NR reader, they sent a copy to me. I wrote and published the preview and waited for the official release, but it never came. O3 also was extremely generous and provided me a new sealed copy of the Japanese release of the game. Good folks at O3, I must say.

The only other places that published previews of the game were Nintendo Power (now under new ownership) and IGN.

DreamTR
12-09-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm sure there's more copies randomly floating around, just no one "publicly" is talking about it....still nice to have. Shocked they did not release that game...

ProgrammingAce
12-09-2008, 05:26 PM
There are a ton of really cool NR reader discs out there. It's just that they don't command much on the black market and most owners are sitting on them until the price goes up.

Probably the coolest one i've seen is a "final" copy of PN03 where the lead character still has guns unstead of using her hands.

The 1 2 P
12-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Are the NR reader Gamecube disc the equivalent to the white label disc only CD-I games?

ProgrammingAce
12-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Not really, they're discs burned using a special burner using a different format then any standard reader can use. It is not possible in any manner to play an NR disc on a retail gamecube.

They're burned by the production companies and given to testers and reviewers, so i guess in that manner they're similar.

Fun fact: "someone" has made a freeloader disc from NR readers and you can use it to dump NR discs and reburn them on standard media which can be used on modded gamecubes. If you're interested in such a service, i can put you in contact, but i can't personally vouch for the person who does it. We've had our "differences" in the past.

The 1 2 P
12-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Not really, they're discs burned using a special burner using a different format then any standard reader can use. It is not possible in any manner to play an NR disc on a retail gamecube.

They're burned by the production companies and given to testers and reviewers, so i guess in that manner they're similar.

Cool. I also have PS2 demo disc(from trade shows) that won't play on retail PS2 systems so it looks like the same deal there. I was just weighing rather I wanted to start collecting the NR disc or not.

ProgrammingAce
12-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Cool. I also have PS2 demo disc(from trade shows) that won't play on retail PS2 systems so it looks like the same deal there. I was just weighing rather I wanted to start collecting the NR disc or not.

The difference here is that a ps2 "Gold" disc (which is what you have) can play on a modded system. An NR disc cannot play on a gamecube in any way shape or form, modded or otherwise.

Tupin
12-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Nintendo actually published a review of Radio Allergy, and it's in a game called Ultimate Shooting Collection. So the canceled translation will basically become the new California Raisins in like fifteen years.

That said, I heard that NCAA College Basketball 2K3 is hard to find for some reason.

bcks007
12-09-2008, 08:01 PM
The 1 2 P, what ps2 demo, do you have like that?

Don Komarechka
12-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Nintendo actually published a review of Radio Allergy, and it's in a game called Ultimate Shooting Collection. So the canceled translation will basically become the new California Raisins in like fifteen years.

That said, I heard that NCAA College Basketball 2K3 is hard to find for some reason.

True, but the new compilation is for Wii, not GameCube. A minor distinction even among collectors I'm sure, but still worth noting.

Bojay1997
12-09-2008, 10:21 PM
True, but the new compilation is for Wii, not GameCube. A minor distinction even among collectors I'm sure, but still worth noting.

Sure, but my understanding is that they are just reusing the GC code and localization for the Wii version assuming it ever comes out. Of course, most SHMUP collectors probably have the Dreamcast version which is virtually identical to the arcade release.

Doonzmore
08-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that Geist will become the Perfect Dark of this generation, with spare copies lying around long after everything else in its library has been sold. Here are the titles that i still come across while visiting local walmart, k-mart and best buys:

Teen Titans
Dragonball z Sagas
Naruto: Clash of Ninja
Viewtiful Joe

None are rare but just an observation

BetaWolf47
08-06-2009, 05:34 PM
I didn't know about any of these "NR" disks people have brought up in this thread. I personally haven't seen anything that rare. As for standard US releases, here's what I've found to be the rarest (note that some aren't really that valuable)

-Bust-A-Move 3000
-Cubivore
-Evolution Worlds
-NCAA Football 2k3
-Phantasy Star Online games (I was lucky enough to get a CIB copy of PSO 1&2 Plus in pretty good condition for $5 a while back :D)
-Pokemon Box (only sold at Pokemon Center in New York)
-Top Angler
-Virtua Quest

A bunch of people at other forums will tell you that titles like Skies of Arcadia: Legends and Ikaruga are "rare", but I see them all the time. Uncommon, but not rare.

JohnnyBlaze
08-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Couldn't Ikaruga be in that category or is it just hard to find because of demand? Same for Capcom vs SNK 2 EO.

Swamperon
08-06-2009, 05:47 PM
PAL wise, I'd say Pokemon Box was rare, yet to see it in the wild.

PSO I & II are in demand rather than rare, so the price always seems to stick around £20. PSO III is neither, I don't think it sold particularly well and it isn't popular. Around here it goes for around £5 online. I know of one copy thats been sat at a independent game store near me for £10 for the past year.

Tales of Symphonia has maintained high prices, so it must be uncommon and in demand.

Metal Gear: Twin snakes (?) seems to be the rarest and highest priced.

Give it ten years, who knows? Maybe we'll see odd rarities emerge.

BetaWolf47
08-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Couldn't Ikaruga be in that category or is it just hard to find because of demand? Same for Capcom vs SNK 2 EO.

Those two almost could, but searching around, the titles I mentioned are a heck of a lot harder to find. In my area, about 14 Gamestops have Ikaruga while 4 have Top Angler.

Mayhem
08-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Add Jedi Knight 2 and Disney Sports Basketball in for the US games.

The 1 2 P
08-06-2009, 07:21 PM
I think Gamecube rarity is highly dependant on location. Although uncommon, I have come across multiple copies in the wild for Jedi Knight 2, Disney Sports Basketball, Cubivore, Phantasy Star Online and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, all during the last year at either Gamestop, Gamecrazy or other local game stores. And yet I could probably still get a decent amount selling any of them online(I got $50 for a used copy of MGS: Twin Snakes a few months ago).

You just need to know which games are in demand and what they go for. If their average return is worthwhile for what you can find it for(if you intend to sell it), then you should pick it up. But just picking up something because you heard it was rare may not be a very good idea unless you find it for a buck or less.

Doonzmore
08-06-2009, 07:26 PM
I was in GS today looking to take advantage of the 25% off coupon and saw a complete mint copy of Disney Sports Skateboarding. I passed in favor of NHL Hitz 2002 and FF: Crystal Chronicles. I've heard nothing but negative criticism about the game (i own Football and don't like it) and although it may be uncommon i just felt like purchasing a game that i would actually invest some quality time in.

Sorry to derail but what is the official tally on US Gamecube releases?

hellfire
08-06-2009, 07:30 PM
I didn't know about any of these "NR" disks people have brought up in this thread. I personally haven't seen anything that rare. As for standard US releases, here's what I've found to be the rarest (note that some aren't really that valuable)

-Bust-A-Move 3000
-Cubivore
-Evolution Worlds
-NCAA Football 2k3
-Phantasy Star Online games (I was lucky enough to get a CIB copy of PSO 1&2 Plus in pretty good condition for $5 a while back :D)
-Top Angler
-Virtua Quest

A bunch of people at other forums will tell you that titles like Skies of Arcadia: Legends and Ikaruga are "rare", but I see them all the time. Uncommon, but not rare.

Virtua quest is rare? I paid 10 dollars for my cib copy

JohnnyBlaze
08-06-2009, 07:35 PM
I KNOW Pokemon Box is rare. I see that on eBay going for anywhere between $70-100 and that's without the special memory card. That goes for $175-200!

See? This is the cheapest I've seen the US version for recently:

http://cgi.ebay.com/POKEMON-BOX-RUBY-SAPPHIRE-Gamecube-Wii-L-NEW-LQQK_W0QQitemZ200370683958QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo _Games_Games?hash=item2ea7060036&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Ro-J
08-06-2009, 08:42 PM
I wouldn't count Cubivore as rare. GameQuestDirect reprinted it years ago when the demand (and prices) was exceptionally high. I bought Cubivore new from them and I believe they charged either $30 or $40 at the time. I also believe there is no way to distinguish between an original print and a reprint.

DigitalSpace
08-07-2009, 12:46 AM
-Evolution Worlds
-NCAA Football 2k3

I see those pretty often. Maybe it's a regional thing.

I see Ikaruga every now and then, mostly at GameStops. At $39.99, it's going to sit on the shelf for a while, especially if it's disc only, scratched up, or missing a manual. I'm glad I was able to get a copy back when GS was only charging $19.99 (and I got it when a B2G1 sale was going on).

retrocollectorguy
08-07-2009, 01:23 AM
There is a Zelda multi pak (I forgot what its called) that is probably the rarest Gamecube game.

Ikaruga is not very rare. I bought my copy 2 years ago new at Kmart.

Ive never heard of the other titles listed but agree that Pokemon Box (if it includes the big cardboard box) is probably 2nd rarest Gamecube game.

PapaStu
08-07-2009, 01:32 AM

Not True. It was sold online through the Pokemon Store as well. Thats where I (and many others) got a copy.

JohnnyBlaze
08-07-2009, 01:47 AM
There is a Zelda multi pak (I forgot what its called) that is probably the rarest Gamecube game.

If you're thinking of the Collector's Edition with Zelda, Zelda II, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask, it's not really that rare. A local GameStop has 4 over here last I checked for $30 a pop. Not sure if many of you know this, but GameStop for a while carried a strategy guide for the CE. I've seen quite a few copies of the disc, but only one of the guide(the one I used to have before it got lost in the move).

The 1 2 P
08-07-2009, 03:28 AM

In the US, none of the Gamecube Zelda compilations(Collectors edition, Ocarina of Time/Master Quest, Wind Waker/OoT hybrid and Wind Waker/Metroid Prime hybrid) are rare. However, those last two are fairly uncommon.

Mayhem
08-07-2009, 04:20 AM
I think NCAA Football 2K3 should be Basketball instead perchance?

all during the last year

I've quoted the important part here. Roll back the clock to when the Cube was still current gen and I was putting my collection together. I never saw Disney Basketball and found one copy of JK2 (minus manual) in all the shops I went to, and that was a lot of shops. I'll agree I've seen a few more copies of the latter since the Cube was replaced by the Wii, but not many. And still no sign of the Disney game.

snes_collector
08-07-2009, 07:27 AM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if F1 2002 ends up being one of the rarest. I still have NEVER seen a copy in the wild, and my copy came from a member here.

And those PSO games are such a pain to find, I've been looking for ages for those.

And all the Disney Sports games are hard to find too, although I've managed to find all but Skateboarding.

Icarus Moonsight
08-07-2009, 07:45 AM
PSO 1&2 must be regional. I've found many used copies locally. Plus, on the other hand, that took me both a lot of time and luck to finally check off. I love hitting up a store with a fresh pile of trade-ins. :D

While I was looking through the strat guide shelves at Half Price Books, I found the Zelda CE Official Guide. First time seen and heard of for me, and my Gamecube was the Zelda CE bundle. It's hard to find information online about it... Haven't done an eBay search or anything 'cause I'm not interested in selling it. I was more curious about where they were available from originally. Thanks for the info. :)

BetaWolf47
08-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Virtua quest is rare? I paid 10 dollars for my cib copy

Read my post again. Rarity =/= value.

I played a demo of it in Gamestop a few years ago. I enjoyed the game quite a bit and thought it was pretty good, despite the bad reception for it when the full game was released. I looked for it at the place I played the demo and didn't see it there... or anywhere else. In fact, I thought the Gamecube version had been canceled until I saw a used copy one or two years ago, it's so uncommon around here. I've only seen one copy of it in my life, and it didn't have a manual ;_;

Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition. That's far from the rarest game. I can go into a single Gamestop and see 3 or 4 copies on the shelf.

Ro-J
08-07-2009, 08:57 AM
My son, who is really into superheros, really wanted the Aquaman game for the Gamecube. I know the game is supposed to suck, but the idea of unlocking Black Manta and playing as him intrigued me. Anyhow, of the 5 Gamestops and 1 Gamecrazy in my area not one had a single copy of the Aquaman game. Does that make Aquaman rare?

smork
08-07-2009, 09:02 AM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if F1 2002 ends up being one of the rarest. I still have NEVER seen a copy in the wild, and my copy came from a member here.

Hmm, I found mine at a Game Crazy for $7 or so a few years ago.

Bojay1997
08-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Read my post again. Rarity =/= value.

I played a demo of it in Gamestop a few years ago. I enjoyed the game quite a bit and thought it was pretty good, despite the bad reception for it when the full game was released. I looked for it at the place I played the demo and didn't see it there... or anywhere else. In fact, I thought the Gamecube version had been canceled until I saw a used copy one or two years ago, it's so uncommon around here. I've only seen one copy of it in my life, and it didn't have a manual ;_;

Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition. That's far from the rarest game. I can go into a single Gamestop and see 3 or 4 copies on the shelf.

Sorry, but Virtua Quest for the Gamecube is not rare. It was carried at every Toys R Us location, Fry's, GS/EB and several other national retailers. To be a rare game, it really does have to have very limited distribution or a minimal print run.

kupomogli
08-07-2009, 10:06 AM
While I was looking through the strat guide shelves at Half Price Books, I found the Zelda CE Official Guide. First time seen and heard of for me, and my Gamecube was the Zelda CE bundle. It's hard to find information online about it... Haven't done an eBay search or anything 'cause I'm not interested in selling it. I was more curious about where they were available from originally. Thanks for the info. :)

There was a Zelda Collector's Edition Bundle? I remember the game was originally given away for free to people who signed up for Nintendo Power. I have a mint condition copy except the inside cover somehow has a small tear in it.

Mayhem
08-07-2009, 11:04 AM
There are a few games I've only seen once and I've bought them at the time: Freaky Flyers, F1 2002, Bust-a-Move 3000 (a complete copy at least), NCAA Basketball 2k3... I think Disney Sports Football too. I got my Disney Basketball off a private seller on Amazon of all places, still shrinked for $25.

And all the Disney Sports games are hard to find too, although I've managed to find all but Skateboarding.

Which is odd because I consider the skateboarding game to be the easiest of the four to find. Then football, soccer and basketball being the hardest by far.

BetaWolf47
08-07-2009, 11:52 AM
There was a Zelda Collector's Edition Bundle? I remember the game was originally given away for free to people who signed up for Nintendo Power. I have a mint condition copy except the inside cover somehow has a small tear in it.

There were several ways to get Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition

-Subscribing to Nintendo Power
-Registering a certain amount of a select few games on your MyNintendo account (the titles were IIRC Donkey Kong Jungle beat, 1080 Avalanche, Custom Robo, and Mario Party 6... this is how I got mine)
-Buying the platinum Gamecube bundle which included the game

Despite the limited ways of getting it, the game is extremely common.

Sorry, but Virtua Quest for the Gamecube is not rare. It was carried at every Toys R Us location, Fry's, GS/EB and several other national retailers. To be a rare game, it really does have to have very limited distribution or a minimal print run.

It must be a regional thing then. It's legitimately difficult to find where I'm at.

snes_collector
08-07-2009, 04:57 PM
There are a few games I've only seen once and I've bought them at the time: Freaky Flyers, F1 2002, Bust-a-Move 3000 (a complete copy at least), NCAA Basketball 2k3... I think Disney Sports Football too. I got my Disney Basketball off a private seller on Amazon of all places, still shrinked for $25.

Which is odd because I consider the skateboarding game to be the easiest of the four to find. Then football, soccer and basketball being the hardest by far.

Well I stupidly passed on a copy for $5 at the flea market last year. Not sure what I was thinking on that one. Haven't saw one since.

I found Soccer and Football together. Then found Basketball awhile later I think. Mine doesn't have a manual(if anyone has one let me know) but I just couldn't pass on it.

Personally, I've only saw a few copies of Virtua Quest aswell, and I don't think any has been complete.

The 1 2 P
08-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Anyhow, of the 5 Gamestops and 1 Gamecrazy in my area not one had a single copy of the Aquaman game. Does that make Aquaman rare?

No, it just means there are thousands of copies buried in a landmine somewhere in a New Mexico desert.

Howie6925
08-07-2009, 09:56 PM
What makes bust-a-move so rare? is it just demand? I found it at a local pawnshop for $7.50 . Al

Swamperon
08-08-2009, 03:21 AM
Damn, evolution worlds is going for over £40 on amazon. I saw it for £10 about a year ago, wish I'd picked it up now!

snes_collector
08-08-2009, 06:54 AM
What makes bust-a-move so rare? is it just demand? I found it at a local pawnshop for $7.50 . Al

It was a Toys 'R Us exclusive.

Mayhem
08-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Really? Didn't know that. Explains something then.

snes_collector
08-08-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm pretty sure it was. The Power Puff Girls game may have been too.

The 1 2 P
08-08-2009, 05:39 PM

The Xbox had a Toys R Us exclusive mouse game that you can't give away no matter how cheap you sell it for. I wonder how many copies of Bust-a-Move are known to exist.

Bojay1997
08-08-2009, 06:15 PM

Pretty sure that's not right. I picked mine up when it came out at Fry's in San Diego. It's still sealed with the price tag. I recall seeing it at Gamestop as well.

xmbri
06-20-2010, 10:05 PM
The Xbox had a Toys R Us exclusive mouse game that you can't give away no matter how cheap you sell it for. I wonder how many copies of Bust-a-Move are known to exist.
Yes, it was called Sneakers. Pretty rare along with Bust a Move 3000.

Doonzmore
06-27-2011, 02:48 AM
Figured I'd revive this thread to see if there's any new insight on rare Gamecube games. I've been going for a complete set for almost 3 years now and I'm currently at 261. I've only purchased 2 games online, not because they were rare but because at the time the prices were much lower than Gamestop. Here have been some of my observations.

Titles that I literally never see:

NCAA Basketball 2k3-No surprise there
Pokemon Box-Obviously
Hide and Sneak-I actually enjoyed Magical Mirror so I would have interest in playing this one if I found it
Evolution Snowboarding-Probably that last Gamecube game that I found out existed
Road Kill-Nothing really unique about this one, except I don't recall having seen it yet and it's a 3 dollar title at Gamestop so I'm sure I would have noticed.
Trigger Man-Reviews for the game sucked
Groove Rider Slot Car Thunder
Tube Slider-Probably saw it at release, but now have yet to see it in my travels
City Racer-Only found one copy-disc only. Go figure.
Muppets Party Cruise

Then there are those games you aren't very interested in playing so you don't keep an eye out for them initially, normally sports games. Then as the hunting starts to wind down you notice that some are actually quite elusive:

Zoo Cube
WTA Tour Tennis
Serious Sam
Summoner: Goddess Reborn
Puyo Pop Fever

Other just flat out rare or uncommon:

Freaky Flyers-Seen one copy, naturally in awful condition. Boo.
Darkened Skye-I've actually seen the combo version with Outlaw Golf, but never the stand alone version.
Future Tactics: The Uprising-every copy I've come across has been disc only.
Legacy of Kain:Blood Omen 2
Road Trip: Arcade Edition-Once found a mint copy at GS but they couldn't find the disc. Should have asked to keep the contents since every copy I've come across thereafter has been disc only.
Auto Modellista-Should have bought this one back when it was 5.99 because it's 2.99 now and I haven't scene it since.
Dinotopia
SX Superstar-Maybe it's just me but I just don't see this one that much.
Kao Round 2-Would people stop losing their manual to this game please?
Hunter: The Reckoning
Dr. Muto
Freedom Fighters-A lot rarer than the Xbox version
Goblin Commander
Virtua Quest
Disney Sports Basketball-Seen this about 3 times in the wild, never at a decent price though. I remember back in 2003 thinking it never came out until seeing an auction on Ebay.
Top Angler-Rarer than the Mark Davis game.
Monster 4x4: Masters of Metal
Shrek Super Party

Rarest games in my collection so far:

Intellivision Lives!
Disney Sports Football-Bought brand new back in 03 for 10 dollars at EB.
Disney Sports Stakeboarding-payed 4.50 and that was enough. Appalling.
Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death-Got lucky on this one.
Beach Spikers-Finally picked this one up today for 2 bucks. Actually pretty good
Bloodrayne
F1 2002: Found this and Pro Rally at the same GS. Badda-Bing.
Pro Rally
Rally Championship-Easily one of the rarest Gamecube games
XIII-Kinda one of those games you don't realize is rare until you really start to look for it
Frogger Beyond
Powerpuff Girls
Phantasy Star Card Revolution
Mark Davis Pro Bass Challenge
EVO 2
Dakar 2
Donald Duck Goin Quackers-Rarest version of the game. Even rarer than the N64 version.
Puyo Pop Fever

OTHER NOTES

The Frogger games aren't easy to find either, at least in good condition. I finally found a copy of Frogger's Adventures that was not faded and had a manual and guess what? The game doesn't work.

Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex- hard to track down a non player's choice copy after it dropped from 9.99 to 4.99 back in december. Happy to finally have it, it's a pretty decent title.

Dragon's Lair 3D-Very hard to find. Anyone know anything about this yellow blurp shown on the box art here? http://www.gamestop.com/gc/games/dragons-lair-3d/21404

That's all for now, kinda burned myself out.

bcks007
06-27-2011, 04:48 AM
I betcha not many gamecube owners know this exists, but it does.
NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup (wal-mart version)

I ran across a copy on ebay and bought it, the seller used a photo from the past for selling this game, so I didn't get the wal-mart version I wanted. Just got the normal version, but I did save the picture of it, showing the unique manual for it. A sealed version might have a sticker on the case, or could possibly have a different artwork.
If anybody wants the picture of it, just let me know, it might make it easier to find with a visual.
NASCAR 2006-2008 got walmart editions for the ps2, so I'm also hunting for it on the ps2.

DavidDayton
06-27-2011, 05:11 AM
Titles that I literally never see:
What's funny about this is that I have -everything- on your list other than NCAA Basketball, Hide & Sneak, Evolution Snowboarding (I thought it was Skateboarding - which I have, I believe), City Racer, Muppets Party Cruise, WTA Tour Tennis, Auto Modellista, Dinotopia, Disney Sports Basketball, Top Angler, Monster 4x4, and Shrek.

I even have most of your "I own it but rare" titles.

Dragon's Lair 3D is hard to find?

jonebone
06-27-2011, 06:56 AM
@Doonzmore

What about Zelda / Metroid combo pack-in? You seem to know your Gamecube, how does that one stack up IMO. I only see it on eBay a few times a year.

Vectorman0
06-27-2011, 11:14 AM

This definitely isn't true. I bought at least three (quite used and worn) copies from Blockbuster. It's just a game that didn't have many copies printed.

theclaw
06-27-2011, 12:30 PM
How's Rave Master these days? I saw mention of it in this topic years ago. Still not worth good $, but doesn't seem to have gotten any easier to find in the wild.

Doonzmore
06-27-2011, 01:10 PM
How's Rave Master these days? I saw mention of it in this topic years ago. Still not worth good $, but doesn't seem to have gotten any easier to find in the wild.

I still have my factory sealed copy that I purchased from Best Buy in 2007. So that rules out that it was a Toys R Us exclusive as previously thought. You're correct it really hasn't maintained any value whatsoever and there's no demand to speak of. It hasn't shown up in my travels as much as other anime fighters like Naruto and Zatch Bell (Some versions of Naruto 2 and one of the Zatch Bell's came with an exclusive trading card, keep your eyes peeled.)

@Doonzmore

What about Zelda / Metroid combo pack-in? You seem to know your Gamecube, how does that one stack up IMO. I only see it on eBay a few times a year.

It's been a while since I've come across that one, but I know for sure I've seen it at least twice, never at Gamestop though. When you say "pack-in" does that mean that it came bundled with the Gamecube at one point? Definitely rare and one of the more expensive titles on the system.

What's funny about this is that I have -everything- on your list other than NCAA Basketball, Hide & Sneak, Evolution Snowboarding (I thought it was Skateboarding - which I have, I believe), City Racer, Muppets Party Cruise, WTA Tour Tennis, Auto Modellista, Dinotopia, Disney Sports Basketball, Top Angler, Monster 4x4, and Shrek.

I even have most of your "I own it but rare" titles.

Dragon's Lair 3D is hard to find?

Are you a Gamecube collector yourself? Some of the games I mentioned may purely be a regional thing. I've been to about 12 Gamestops in the state (some of which are closed now) and 11 other game stores (including PlaynTrade, Game Crazy and Disc Traders) between my house and where I attend college. It'll get tougher once GS stops carrying Gamecube stuff once the Wii U comes out but right now game collecting is as good as it ever was for me. Like I said I've only purchased 2 Gamecube games online, those being Bionicle Heroes and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Nothing rare, but at the time they were half the price of what GS wanted for them. So my observations are based on what I've noticed in the wild.

As for Dragon's Lair 3D, I know I haven't seen that one very much since it was released 9 years ago. I've owned the X-box version for some time and that one is much easier to find it seems.

Also, don't forget the 2nd cover variation for Midway Arcade Treasures.

theclaw
06-27-2011, 07:07 PM
I still have my factory sealed copy that I purchased from Best Buy in 2007. So that rules out that it was a Toys R Us exclusive as previously thought. You're correct it really hasn't maintained any value whatsoever and there's no demand to speak of. It hasn't shown up in my travels as much as other anime fighters like Naruto and Zatch Bell (Some versions of Naruto 2 and one of the Zatch Bell's came with an exclusive trading card, keep your eyes peeled.)

It's probably one of those games that got flaky regional distribution then. A quick ebay look, shows no copies for sale within over 750 miles of my location.

The 1 2 P
06-27-2011, 07:57 PM
It's been a while since I've come across that one, but I know for sure I've seen it at least twice, never at Gamestop though. When you say "pack-in" does that mean that it came bundled with the Gamecube at one point? Definitely rare and one of the more expensive titles on the system.

I'm pretty sure it came bundled with Gamecube and that may have been the only way to find new copies initially. Ironically enough I found mine at Gamestop but they actually charged me for both games seperately(it had a price for MP and one for WW on it, probably since it was the first time they ever got one of those in and couldn't exactly figure out how to price it).

slapdash
06-27-2011, 10:29 PM

If anybody wants the picture of it, just let me know, it might make it easier to find with a visual.

Uh, yeah, would like to see images. Don't think I've heard of that one.

Richie
06-28-2011, 12:02 PM

I ran across a copy on ebay and bought it, the seller used a photo from the past for selling this game, so I didn't get the wal-mart version I wanted. Just got the normal version, but I did save the picture of it, showing the unique manual for it. A sealed version might have a sticker on the case, or could possibly have a different artwork.
NASCAR 2006-2008 got walmart editions for the ps2, so I'm also hunting for it on the ps2.

There's also Best Buy editions of some of the PS2 Nascar games.

bcks007
06-30-2011, 08:55 PM
There's also Best Buy editions of some of the PS2 Nascar games.

The only Best Buy version game I know of, is for NASCAR 09, the ps3 version as well. Do you know of any others?

Baloo
06-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Donald Duck Goin Quackers-Rarest version of the game. Even rarer than the N64 version.

The N64 version of Donald Duck Goin' Quackers is rare? I've had this game for years.

I know for a fact Pokemon Box was a Pokemon Center NY exclusive, no surprise that it's not easy to find in the wild seeing as there was only one place regionally to get it (Minus online.)

PapaStu
06-30-2011, 10:44 PM
I know for a fact Pokemon Box was a Pokemon Center NY exclusive, no surprise that it's not easy to find in the wild seeing as there was only one place regionally to get it (Minus online.)

Yet the 'minus online' was it's primary sales location. Don't discount online channels. The Pokemon Center store had it up for quite a while, and I bet sold more copies than the PokeStore did. I'm not discounting it's rarity, but it's harder to find complete w/ outer cardboard box than anything.

jonebone
07-01-2011, 06:47 AM
The N64 version of Donald Duck Goin' Quackers is rare? I've had this game for years.

Complete in Box it's pretty uncommon. Coincidentally, it was the very last game I needed to finish my CIB N64 set and I picked it up two weeks ago. I'd beg to differ though... it is far rarer complete on N64 than it is on Gamecube. Do a simple eBay search right now and look at the results.

Mayhem
07-01-2011, 11:54 AM
DDGQ was one of the last games I needed for my Gamecube collection, which should indicate how hard it was for me to find a CIB copy.

As an aside, I had a look at the game and flicked through the manual...

MILKSHAKE - this is a power-up changing Donald's state from angry to happy. He's very keen on it!

There's a joke involving a certain song in there somewheres :p

imanerd0011
07-01-2011, 10:31 PM
I'd have to think the rarest game would be one of the following:

Zelda WW/Metroid Prime
NCAA 2K3
Pokemon Box

SparTonberry
07-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Wasn't Pokemon Box given away as a preorder bonus for one of the Pokemon games?
I thought that'd make it more common.

joshnickerson
07-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Wasn't Pokemon Box given away as a preorder bonus for one of the Pokemon games?
I thought that'd make it more common.

That was the Jirachi Bonus Disc, the preorder bonus for Pokemon Collusieum.

theclaw
07-02-2011, 11:31 PM
That was the Jirachi Bonus Disc, the preorder bonus for Pokemon Collusieum.

That's right. The pack with Pokemon Box and Pokemon Collusieum together, is fairly common yet a PAL only release.

BetaWolf47
07-03-2011, 08:06 AM

I remember back in 2006 or 2007, Best Buy was selling it for $10, and then one of my magazines came with a $5 off any Gamecube game at Best Buy coupon. Got it for $5. I've since seen it once or twice in the wild. It doesn't seem to be amazingly rare. It isn't a terribly good game, and Rave Master never caught on, so I doubt it'll ever be worth much.

(Some versions of Naruto 2 and one of the Zatch Bell's came with an exclusive trading card, keep your eyes peeled.)

For Naruto 2, you mean Successors? I thought that came in all of them. From personal experience though, when a card is released in a game, DVD, or manga volume, it usually gets rereleased and is much easier to find later on. The rerelease drastically reduces demand for limited release cards.
Completed listing on Successors. Apparently not worth the paper it's printed on. (http://cgi.ebay.com/Naruto-Holo-foil-Successors-/170658543501?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bc0ab78d)

duffmanth
07-03-2011, 09:37 AM
what about the Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes japanese bonus disk with the original NES Metal Gear on it? That in the DP guide?

The North American version of MGS: The Twin Snakes has become hard enough itself to find.

slapdash
07-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Here's the cover of the Walmart Exclusive NASCAR 2005, assuming I can do this right...

http://russperryjr.info/pix/EA.NASCAR2005ChaseForTheCup(Wal-MartExclusive).jpg

Reminds me; I think there was a thread on here a while back (pre server move, I believe, as the URL -- http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52137 -- 404s now) about insert and big box variations. This should be added, if that could be found.

bcks007
07-17-2011, 05:08 AM
Thanks for uploading it for me. :)

Too bad about that old linky not working. @_@

PapaStu
07-17-2011, 10:28 AM
If I remember correctly, there were a few games that got the 'Walmart' treatment at that time (I worked as a vendor at Walmart, in the electronics dept at the time), and the only difference between it being a normal copy and a Walmart copy was what you see on that manual. Too bad it's a sticker that was originally on the shrink wrap, that when peeled, gave you a code for a new track... under the sticker. The game was the standard copy of the game.

Mayhem
07-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Here's the cover of the Walmart Exclusive NASCAR 2005, assuming I can do this right...
I'd love to know what's different as it looks completely identical to the copy I own. Bar the sticker on the manual starting "Walmart exclusive".

Kitsune Sniper
07-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Stu already said what's different - the sticker with a code to unlock a new racetrack.

I've seen a lot of "Walmart exclusive" games where the only difference is a code to get an item... you can eventually unlock. :p

Doonzmore
07-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Complete in Box it's pretty uncommon. Coincidentally, it was the very last game I needed to finish my CIB N64 set and I picked it up two weeks ago. I'd beg to differ though... it is far rarer complete on N64 than it is on Gamecube. Do a simple eBay search right now and look at the results.

Well yeah, a lot of COMPLETE n64 games are harder to find than any Gamecube game. But I guess that starts to create a few loop holes in what I said earlier, so I'll retract my comment. DDGQ was actually among the first 100 complete n64 games I obtained. A lot of gamecube copies I've seen were missing the manual.

For Naruto 2, you mean Successors? I thought that came in all of them. From personal experience though, when a card is released in a game, DVD, or manga volume, it usually gets rereleased and is much easier to find later on. The rerelease drastically reduces demand for limited release cards.
Completed listing on Successors. Apparently not worth the paper it's printed on. (http://cgi.ebay.com/Naruto-Holo-foil-Successors-/170658543501?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bc0ab78d)

The card on top in the auction is the exact one I have with my copy. I know I've seen copies of Naruto 2 without the card offer on the insert. Not sure if all copies with Zatch Bell came with them though. Codename Kids Next Door came with a card as well, and one of the Megaman games too. I forget which, does anyone know?

I think it would be a great idea to make a list of games that came packaged with movie tickets and cards.

Mayhem: What were some of the final Cube games you obtained for your complete set? Same question for anyone else here who has a complete Cube set.

Doonzmore
07-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Here's a tentative list of Gamecube games that came packaged with a movie ticket or a trading card:

Movie Tickets:
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
The Haunted Mansion
Happy Feet
Ratatouillie
X2: Wolverine's Revenge
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The Ant Bully
Chicken Little
Monster House
Robots

Trading Cards:
Naruto Clash of Ninja 2
Codename Kids Next Door
Mega Man X Collection
Teen Titans
Yu-Gi-Oh: Falsebound Kingdom
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
One Piece Grand Battle

Mayhem
07-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Mayhem: What were some of the final Cube games you obtained for your complete set? Same question for anyone else here who has a complete Cube set.
*woooo* now you're asking, it's been a fair while since I finished my set. Okay... here's a few that I can drag back into my mind that were last on the list...

Both Wind Waker combos (Metroid Prime, Master Quest)
Mystic Heroes
Hulk Ultimate Destruction
TMNT 3
Madden 08 (obvious reasons, it was the last Cube game released)
Donald Duck Going Quackers
Shrek Super Party
Ratatouille
MLB 2K6 (this was THE last normal title I needed)
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

GameNinja
07-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Interesting that Ratatouille was one of the last ones gotten, Mayhem. Was it just late in the console's lifetime? I always thought that games based off popular/expensive movies got a fairly heft print one, especially one geared towards children.

Mayhem
07-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Yeah, Ratatouille was near the end as well, and didn't come down in price until a little while later. I think it was the last PAL Gamecube game also.

DigitalSpace
07-26-2011, 02:35 AM
Trading Cards:
Naruto Clash of Ninja 2
Codename Kids Next Door
Teen Titans
One Piece Grand Battle

Street Racing Syndicate came packaged with trading cards as well.

Mayhem
07-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Really? No mention on the packaging, and there weren't any cards in my copy.

bcks007
07-30-2011, 06:25 AM
Street Racing Syndicate came packaged with trading cards as well.

I have those cards, and a new/sealed copy on the ps2 I should open soon, just to check if your right.
I was told the trading cards where pre-order items, and came outside of the box. I think it would be the same for all consoles...

Cobra Commander
07-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Jesus, some asshole is trying to sell NCAA 2K3 for $2,500! Really?! I know it's teh rarez!1 and all but, I've seen 1 of a kind protos cheaper than that.

joshnickerson
07-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Jesus, some asshole is trying to sell NCAA 2K3 for $2,500! Really?! I know it's teh rarez!1 and all but, I've seen 1 of a kind protos cheaper than that.

Well, like you said, he's an asshole.

dap9984
07-30-2011, 11:57 PM
I saw there was another one listed today selling for $100 OBO. Except it doesn't have the manual from the looks of the pics. I think complete and in really nice condition, it's worth about $75. Not sure what a sealed copy would be worth?? Maybe a couple hundred at most right now?? $2500 is laughable if anyone DOES buy it.

slapdash
07-31-2011, 11:22 PM
Here's a tentative list of Gamecube games that came packaged with a movie ticket or a trading card:

Movie Tickets:
X-Men (sic; should be "X2"): Wolverine's Revenge

How odd, but I noticed that my copy has a note about a free Baskin Robbins treat, but on the BACK cover... Do they ALL have this? Do OTHER games have back cover freebie notices??

Trading Cards:
Naruto Clash of Ninja 2
Codename Kids Next Door
Teen Titans
One Piece Grand Battle

How many of these have variations WITHOUT the cards? I can confirm that Naruto, TT, SW, and One Piece have covers not indicating any cards...

I suppose I should ask about the movie ticket ones too... But for now, I found the list of game packaging variations from the old thread that I mentioned earlier in a file I had. See below; it's not complete, and possibly has errors, but I'm including it as-is (for instance, (1) it doesn't mention the Star Wars: Bounty Hunter trading card version, (2) there seems to be a third TimeSplitters 2 cover (there are two with two different quotes, and a third without, judging by some Googling), and (3) is there really a combined "Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike - with Bonus Disc" package? I've seen the bonus/preview disc in its own package only). I don't know how many are (a) printed on the insert, (b) stickers on the insert or (c) stickers on the shrinkwrap, offhand. Might be worth following up on eventually, if there's interest? I don't know if this is the best thread for it though...

Animal Crossing
Animal Crossing - K-Mart with Guide

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- with movie pass
- without movie pass

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - GBA to GC Link Cable Included - Walmart Bundle

The Haunted Mansion
- with movie pass
- without movie pass

Legend of Zelda, The: The Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda, The: The Wind Waker - Player's Choice
Legend of Zelda, The: The Wind Waker - Player's Choice with Best Seller Logo
Legend of Zelda, The: The Wind Waker - "For Rental Use Only"
Legend of Zelda, The: The Wind Waker - with Collector's Disc [Canadian]

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
- with movie pass
- without movie pass

Lost Kingdoms 2
- regular version
- with Memory Card 59 (Best Buy exclusive, marked by a sticker on the wrapping)

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour - Target Bullseye Edition
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour - Best Buy Edition

Mario Kart: Double Dash!
Mario Kart: Double Dash! - with Bonus Disc
Mario Kart: Double Dash! - Not For Resale (from Gamecube Bundle)

Mario Party 4
Mario Party 4 - K-Mart with Wavebird

Mario Tennis
Mario Tennis - Best Seller

Mega Man Anniversary Collection - with Dr. Wily
Mega Man Anniversary Collection - without Dr. Wily

Metroid Prime - K-mart with Wavebird
Metroid Prime - K-mart with Strategy Guide
Metroid Prime - Target Logo
Metroid Prime - Player's Choice

Midway Arcade Treasures
- original cover
- new style cover to match parts 2 and 3

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - Best Seller

Pikmin 2 - Canadian (without Lobster)
Pikmin 2 - US (with Lobster)

Robots - Free Movie Ticket
Robots - w/o Free Movie Ticket offer

Shrek Extra Large
Shrek Extra Large - with Free Watch (red starburst on upper right of box)

Spyro: A Hero's Tale - Free EGM subscription
Spyro: A Hero's Tale - w/o Free EGM subscription offer

Star Wars Bounty Hunter
Star Wars Bounty Hunter - Limited Edition

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike - with Bonus Disc

Star Fox Adventures - K-Mart with Guide

Super Mario Sunshine - black spine with white lettering (reverse of usual) [EB/GameStop copy?]

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Players Choice
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Best Seller

TimeSplitters 2
- regular cover
- reprint cover (new quote, modified coloring)

Top Gun: Combat Zones
- Titus release
- Mastiff release

The Urbz
The Urbz - with Black Eyed Peas Song Download

Viewtiful Joe - Player's Choice
Viewtiful Joe - Player's Choice with Game of the Year Marking

X2: Wolverine's Revenge
- with movie pass
- without movie pass

theclaw
07-31-2011, 11:41 PM
It's a little intriguing how Nintendo decided to "remove" Super Smash Bros. Melee from Player's Choice like that. Is it the only Gamecube title they did so with?

dap9984
07-31-2011, 11:57 PM
Oh wow, very nice list! Thank you so much :)

Also, what's the going price of a Pokemon Box that is complete? I'm thinking $150 but that might still be a bit too cheap??

Doonzmore
08-01-2011, 12:23 AM
How odd, but I noticed that my copy has a note about a free Baskin Robbins treat, but on the BACK cover... Do they ALL have this? Do OTHER games have back cover freebie notices??

My copy of X2 has the Baskin Robbins note inside. The only other one I know of is Shrek 2.

How many of these have variations WITHOUT the cards? I can confirm that Naruto, TT, SW, and One Piece have covers not indicating any cards...

Does the Players Choice version of Yu-Gi-Oh not include cards?

Some of the games on the list may have not received standard releases but it's useful to know which ones included them since not all copies will contain them anymore and there's only a small mention on the back...

theclaw
08-01-2011, 12:54 AM

Also, what's the going price of a Pokemon Box that is complete? I'm thinking $150 but that might still be a bit too cheap??

If minty enough possibly. English language deluxe copies complete with ALL contents (even the memory card and outer box) appear for sale too infrequent to give much of an estimate.

misfits859
08-01-2011, 05:34 AM
Legend of Zelda, The: The Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda, The: The Wind Waker - Player's Choice
Legend of Zelda, The: The Wind Waker - Player's Choice with Best Seller Logo
Legend of Zelda, The: The Wind Waker - "For Rental Use Only"
Legend of Zelda, The: The Wind Waker - with Collector's Disc [Canadian]

I have a Wind Waker with "Kmart Exclusive!" on the cover which included the guide with purchase. Are covers like this considered variations?

jonebone
08-01-2011, 07:10 AM

Probably, last one on eBay that was fully complete was about $140 shipped. Two or three weeks ago.

BetaWolf47
08-01-2011, 08:02 AM
TimeSplitters 2
- regular cover
- reprint cover (new quote, modified coloring)

TimeSplitters 2 also came Player's Choice. It was a variation of the reprint cover methinks.

I've got Pokemon Box with case and manual. No outer box or memory card, unfortunately :(

dap9984
08-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Well, I PM'd someone earlier but decided it best to just share with everyone :) Here's my list of variants:

http://www.mediafire.com/?h1j82yjug8n2d86

I'm sure I'm missing some. And of course, not all of those variants are sure to exist (they have question marks). I wasn't real sure on the whole movie tickets and trading cards so I just put both versions on there. Let me know what I'm missing (or need to take off) so I can update this! Thanks!

EDIT: Also, this is only NTSC.

Mayhem
08-01-2011, 01:42 PM
As from the list on the previous page, it was also missing the version of Metroid Prime that had a demo of Metroid Prime 2 included.

dap9984
08-01-2011, 01:46 PM
As from the list on the previous page, it was also missing the version of Metroid Prime that had a demo of Metroid Prime 2 included.
Wow, surprised I missed that one. It's everywhere too. Thanks :)

slapdash
08-01-2011, 10:35 PM
I have a Wind Waker with "Kmart Exclusive!" on the cover which included the guide with purchase. Are covers like this considered variations?

Oh yeah, especially if the "Kmart Exclusive!" is printed on the cover, not just a sticker. Got scan?

TimeSplitters 2 also came Player's Choice. It was a variation of the reprint cover methinks.

The list I posted mostly ignores Player's Choice, and to some extent, I'm fine with that. I'd love to know if there were maybe even MORE quote variations on the covers...

Well, I PM'd someone earlier but decided it best to just share with everyone :) Here's my list of variants:

http://www.mediafire.com/?h1j82yjug8n2d86

That was me; I'll try to take a look later, though it probably won't happen tonight.

misfits859
08-02-2011, 05:02 AM
Oh yeah, especially if the "Kmart Exclusive!" is printed on the cover, not just a sticker. Got scan?

It is printed on the cover and not a sticker. I'll try and get a scan up this evening.

dap9984
08-04-2011, 12:43 AM
It is printed on the cover and not a sticker. I'll try and get a scan up this evening.
That's how the Target exclusive Mario Golf is too. Kind of looks like a sticker but it's actually printed on the cover:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqF,!jUE1I0)mELzBNc9hoC3uw~~_35.JPG

And I assume your's looks something like this?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pBki2nykS_o/Sou2SLS23NI/AAAAAAAAArA/Pxzl2o_X1mc/s400/wwkmart0.jpg

misfits859
08-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Yep, that's it.

dap9984
08-12-2011, 01:44 AM
WHOA. I just downloaded my own file and opened it up and realized that is NOT the file I meant to upload at all. I have an excel file that lists over 280 variants and I continue to add to it just about every day. I'll upload that one to mediafire for you guys and edit this post with the link. So sorry about that!

EDIT: Try this link. This is a much more satisfying list :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?vea712udg6ryd0j

Queen Of The Felines
08-12-2011, 09:01 AM
I think Mayhem's head just exploded.

PapaStu
08-12-2011, 09:59 AM
I think Mayhem's head just exploded.

So that's the real reason behind the London riots.... I knew something was up!

Mayhem
08-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Variants R Not Us :p

That does include Players' Choice, which I was specifically avoiding. The movie tickets, eh, not so fussed about. As for the ones with cards, probably missing a couple. I might not have the card to Codename Kids Next Door for example.

Although I think you've got Midway Arcade Treasures screwed up there. Part 1 comes in original artwork and a redesign in red that matches the green design for part 2, and the blue design for part 3. They are all separate games, not variations of the same release.

And no mention of the Gamestop version of RE4?

dap9984
08-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Oops, I forgot to take Midway out of there. Thanks.

And thanks for reminding me about the RE4. While scanning ebay the other day I realized I didn't have that on the list and then just forgot to add it. Of course, I'm sure there are several more variants out there, just a matter of finding them :D