PDA

View Full Version : THE rarest Gamecube game?

Pages : [1] 2

joshnickerson
01-31-2005, 02:31 PM
I've noticed a few posts recently talking about the rarity of Gamecube games, and I remembered something I read in Nintendo Power. Apparently, before the release of Custom Robo here in the states, NOA sent out a demo disc containing a preview version of the game to select "Sages" from the Nintendo.com boards to "beta test" it. Now, that's all I remember and for all I know it could have just been the retail version sent out early (though why they would bother sending out a final version to be "beta tested" is beyond me), but I thought it might be interesting to find out more about. If anything, it could turn out to be the Cube's "holy grail"...

dbiersdorf
01-31-2005, 02:42 PM
Uh no, because it's a beta version, every game has a beta version it just depends who gets their hands on it. More of novelty then something spend their life and money towards, it's a nice thing to add to a collection, but in no means something that sticks out. Now Tower of Druaga bonus disc for GameCube will certainly become rare down the line. ;)

Jive3D
01-31-2005, 02:57 PM
what about the Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes japanese bonus disk with the original NES Metal Gear on it? That in the DP guide?

Querjek
01-31-2005, 03:06 PM
what about the Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes japanese bonus disk with the original NES Metal Gear on it? That in the DP guide?
It all depends on if we're talking about the rarest commercially released game or not... but that one would definitely be high on any list.

dbiersdorf
01-31-2005, 03:50 PM
Yeah the Tower of Druaga and Metal Gear discs are certainly the rarest games available to the public as they were only given in limited production and under certain circumstances. Oddly enough they are both NES games too.

imanerd0011
01-31-2005, 04:00 PM
I believe that NCAA Basketball 2K3 is quite rare, and was selling for $70+ a few months ago. It has since gone down in price, but is still considered the rarest current generation game.

gamegirl79
01-31-2005, 04:39 PM
What is the story behind the Tower of Druaga and Metal Gear bonus discs? I am working towards a complete Gamecube bonus disc collection and didn't even know about those. :/

WanganRunner
01-31-2005, 04:47 PM
Metal Gear bonus disc shipped w/Twin Snakes Gamecube.

If it's available seperately, then I haven't heard about it. I'd like to get my hands on it, but only if I can get it by itself.

Mayhem
01-31-2005, 04:58 PM
Correlation: it was only available with the Metal Gear Solid Gamecube bundle in Japan. After a copy myself actually. I have the Tower of Druaga disc (available from pre-ordering Baten Kaitos in Japan back end of 2003).

importaku
01-31-2005, 06:10 PM
You can add the japanese versions of pacman vs & the zelda collection to the list too.

The zelda collection was only available through club nintendo in japan. A few months back you could still get it but now its no longer on there so if you didn't get a copy thats it, your out of luck.

As for pacman vs, there was a version released normally packaged inside copies of R racing evolution but the club nintendo version of pacman vs is different in content, it has the same game but theres a club nintendo screen when it boots up & there are some extra demo stuff on the disk too.

goatdan
01-31-2005, 07:16 PM
I think that the Resident Evil Demo Disc will be one of the real rarities too. I just got the Pure Evil double pack today, and I entered my code and it took it and said the game would be on its way to me soon. It's the last day of the promotion, and according to the Pure Evil double pack, only 10,000 demos were made.

I'm pretty excited by that :)

cat-mince
01-31-2005, 07:19 PM
WHat about RE2? Not really rare but freaking expensive on ebay.

dbiersdorf
01-31-2005, 07:22 PM
RE2 and RE3 are only costly because they have demand, once this generation of consoles passes no one will give a rats ass about the games.

gamegirl79
01-31-2005, 07:31 PM
Correlation: it was only available with the Metal Gear Solid Gamecube bundle in Japan. After a copy myself actually. I have the Tower of Druaga disc (available from pre-ordering Baten Kaitos in Japan back end of 2003).

In that case maybe I should stick to collecting only North American bonus discs. LOL

Vectorman0
01-31-2005, 09:14 PM
In the US, as far as official releases go, I would say that the Soul Calibur II demo disc is the rarest. I'm pretty sure it was a pre-order bonus at TRU. I also only know of 3 copies in existence, and it is being a pain in the neck for me to find. As far as games go, I think that NCAA Basketball 2K3 is a rarity. But I think that at this stage early in the Gamecubes life, we really need to just wait and see which games come to be the trickiest to locate.

Jive3D
01-31-2005, 09:24 PM
What is the story behind the Tower of Druaga and Metal Gear bonus discs? I am working towards a complete Gamecube bonus disc collection and didn't even know about those. :/

Yeah dude - Good Luck. Really though, the games are not worth the cash, it's all about those pretty boxes on the shelf.

Really though..."Good Luck, You'll Need it!" :D

sabre2922
01-31-2005, 09:33 PM
RE2 and RE3 are only costly because they have demand, once this generation of consoles passes no one will give a rats ass about the games????????????????????????????????????? LOL
OK thats total bullshit the RE games are popular period and RE2 and RE3 were originally sold on the PSone my friend in case you are too young to remember and were also released on Dreamcast and PC.
I have the DC version of RE3 and still play it today.
the GC versions sell well on Ebay BECAUSE there is demand for them they have lasted through 2 GENERATIONS my friend so there will still be demand for them long after this generation ;)

D_N_G
01-31-2005, 09:55 PM
Top Angler
Disney Sports Titles
Spirits and Spells
Gotcha Force
RedCard 2003

dbiersdorf
01-31-2005, 10:27 PM
RE2 and RE3 are only costly because they have demand, once this generation of consoles passes no one will give a rats ass about the games????????????????????????????????????? LOL
OK thats total bullshit the RE games are popular period and RE2 and RE3 were originally sold on the PSone my friend in case you are too young to remember and were also released on Dreamcast and PC.
the GC versions sell well on Ebay BECAUSE there is demand for them they have lasted through 2 GENERATIONS my friend so there will still be demand for them long after this generation ;)

Well seeing as how I own the games for Dreamcast and Playstation, yeah, I do think I remember, chump. All I'm saying is, knowing Capcom and how they love to whore out their old treasures they'll rerelease the games once again, and if not the RE series will continue. Want to know why people don't pay $100 for RE2 for PSX? Because it's an old console. Once the GameCube is behind us the same will be said about these games. Only about 6 months ago RE2 and RE3 were selling for about $30-40 new, now because of RE4 being release they have skyrocketed in price.

This isn't rocket science, it's the facts. I can prove it to you in years to come.

einbebop44
01-31-2005, 10:44 PM
NCAA B-Ball 2K3 for GC sold something ridiculously low, like 6,000 copies. X_x

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=14231

That's Sega's sales from the current gen, which is where I got the 6,000 stat from.

zektor
01-31-2005, 10:59 PM

That's Sega's sales from the current gen, which is where I got the 6,000 stat from.

And that was the gift to my Secret Santa from me :)

esquire
01-31-2005, 11:16 PM

Well seeing as how I own the games for Dreamcast and Playstation, yeah, I do think I remember, chump. All I'm saying is, knowing Capcom and how they love to whore out their old treasures they'll rerelease the games once again, and if not the RE series will continue. Want to know why people don't pay $100 for RE2 for PSX? Because it's an old console. Once the GameCube is behind us the same will be said about these games. Only about 6 months ago RE2 and RE3 were selling for about $30-40 new, now because of RE4 being release they have skyrocketed in price.

This isn't rocket science, it's the facts. I can prove it to you in years to come.

The SNES version of Chrono Trigger still goes for a lot of money while the version released on the PSX, the more advanced system, with updated graphics goes for less money. This is completely contrary to your argument and exposes the flaws in your logic.

RE2 and RE3 are going for $70 or more because of supply and demand. There simply weren't that many of them as opposed to RE, RE0 and now RE4. Quite frankly, I don't see Capcom re-releasing RE2 and RE3 especially since they both have now been released on 3 consoles, with RE2 being released 2X on the PSX. It seems they produced a lot more RECV than RE2 and RE3 as I still see those new and used all over. Either that, or it wasn't as popular as the other two, and it now has been released on 4 consoles.

Now the reason RE2 and RE3 on the PSX don't go for as much money is simple: Capcom flooded the market with those games when they were released. It is a lot simpler to find a PSX version of either game than the GC version. Even the DC versions are harder to find and go for more money than the PSX versions.

Anyways, to get back on topic, other GC games that may be rare are Gauntlet Dark Legacy and Cubivore. However, I seem to recall there may have been a second run on Cubivore. Goblin Commander seems to be another one that I don't see very often, and it goes for $29.99 used at most game stores, while its XBOX and PS2 counterparts go for $9.99. I've only seen 1 used for the GC. Worms 3D, Space Raiders and Tube Slider may also be future rarities, but the price for them currently does not reflect that.

You may also want to keep a lookout for the versions of I-Ninja and R: Racing Revolution that came with Pac-Man VS. The problem is, the cases didn't have a holder for the separate game disc like Pac-Man World did. They simply inserted the cd with instructions into the case. The only way you knew it came with the game was a sticker placed on the shrinkwrap. Another cool combo pack is Darkened Skye/Outlaw Golf. i don't see too many of those either. Haven't checked ebay lately.

Other demos you may consider are the Mario Kart Double Dash version that came with the bonus disc if you pre-ordered it. Also, didn't they do a similar thing with Rogue Squadron III Rebel Strike?

Lastly, I just recently picked up a version of Metroid Prime with a Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Bonus Disc in it. Does anybody know anything about this version and how you got it?

Aussie2B
01-31-2005, 11:51 PM
The SNES version of Chrono Trigger still goes for a lot of money while the version released on the PSX, the more advanced system, with updated graphics goes for less money. This is completely contrary to your argument and exposes the flaws in your logic.

What's updated about Chrono Trigger's graphics? To the best of my knowledge, all they did was add some lame anime FMV sequences. The PlayStation version of Chrono Trigger is pretty widely considered inferior to the SNES version due to painful loading times and such. That's one reason why the original goes for more money.

Really, it could go either way. Let's just say that Capcom does re-release RE2 and 3 in a future console generation: if it's a poor effort and the GameCube versions remain superior, they may still keep their current value; if the new versions are considered even better than the older ones, the GameCube versions may lose a lot of their value.

Sartori
02-01-2005, 12:02 AM
Lastly, I just recently picked up a version of Metroid Prime with a Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Bonus Disc in it. Does anybody know anything about this version and how you got it?

Came with Metroid Prime Gamecube bundle pack.

mizarkgram
02-01-2005, 12:08 AM

And that was the gift to my Secret Santa from me :)

And I thank you! :D

orrimarrko
02-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Wow, can't believe we're talking about this one again.

To avoid any confusion, let's get our ducks in a row.

Like with ANY system library, you have the following to consider:

US release vs. Non-US release

Retail release, or packaging bonus.

Having said that, this discussion was clearly mentioning the second choice for each subcategory.

If you are asking what is the "rarest" US offical release, not some preorder bonus or packaging gimmick designed to clear out the warehouse of extra stuff, then the answer is simple.

Sega Sports NCAA College Basketball. Period.

This is not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of numbers.

If you are asking what the rarest US release is that can be played on a Gamecube, then that's where it gets dodgy.

US official releases that were done as a preorder (Star Wars Arcade, Pokemon Colluseum) really are not difficult to find at all. Will they be someday, who the hell knows. The two disc releases are probably going to be harder to find.

I've said this one before, and I will say it again - the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III - Rebel Strike that is packaged with the bonus preorder disc in the two disc snap-case with the actual game release and orange sticker on the front is probably the hardest of the US releases.

I have one, and have not heard, nor seen anyone else claim to have one. I know there are more out there, but you certainly cannot get one now at retail. They were only sold at Target, although there is nothing mentioning Target on the packaging.

Other packaging releases that may be harder to locate are the ones with retailer specific information on them - Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour with the Target Bullseye Tour packaging for example. Also, the KMart releases for Super Mario Sunshine and StarFox (for example.)

If you honestly want to know what import-only releases may become the rarest, you may as well stop now.

This is just like the yearly discussion about which NES releases should and should not be considered part of the "official list".

Collect imports if you like, obviously. Just don't expect them to show up in the DP US Gamecube release guide.

Sorry to ramble...

Steve

Gemini-Phoenix
02-01-2005, 05:31 AM
I reckon the rarest GameCube games will be the ones that you get with your *Stars* on the Nintendo site... Ie, Pokemon Box (Standalone version) and Zelda: Ocarina Of Time & Master Quest (Standalone version)

Although these games are available as extra discs in other games, the standalone versions are much rarer - Pokemon box only having had around 4000 copies made. (PAL version)

Of course, the disc which comes with Pokemon Colloseum is far more common, as is the Zelda disc which comes with Wind Waker...

chrisbid
02-01-2005, 05:45 AM
i got a major score by finding a copy of NCAA Basketball 2K3 for cube for 15 bucks at EB of all places. The original price tag was 45 bucks, but there was a 15 price tag slapped on top of it (with the name of the game and everything, it wasnt a scam). I guess nobody was biting at 45, their loss my gain :D

Dobie
02-01-2005, 11:02 AM
*From the Sega link*

"GC - Puyo Pop Fever - 2,921"

Glad I preordered mine. :)

downfall
02-01-2005, 11:49 AM
*From the Sega link*

"GC - Puyo Pop Fever - 2,921"

Glad I preordered mine. :)

Even my mother-in-law has a copy of Puyo Pop Fever. LOL

I seriously see that game everywhere. Everywhere meaning more than enough to have 20+ sealed copies if I really desired to spend $20 a game to buy 'em.

I'm not sure that's so much a rarity as it is a game that nobody bought.

I'm sure I'll scoop up a few of 'em though when the price drops.

qbertandernie
02-01-2005, 11:51 AM
i fail to understand why the ncaa basketball is considered rarest when the numbers clearly point to puyo pop fever...??

though i guess those are sales figures and not production figures.

Mayhem
02-01-2005, 02:35 PM
When over visiting QoF in November, I think I saw Puyo Pop Fever in almost every store we went to. Neither of us have ever seen NCAA Basketball in a store. About sums it up there :)

joshnickerson
02-01-2005, 05:43 PM
I guess I shoulda just been clearer about what I was talking about. LOL

The only thing I'm really interested in is if anybody has or knows anyone else who has these Custom Robo discs.

Mayhem
02-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Picked one up in November too, I think I saw it at about 2-3 shops in total. So yeah it wasn't that easy to find.

(having said that, QoF has about 30 stores within 20 miles of where she lives so it's gaming trawl heaven whenever I go to visit!)

allsport11
02-01-2005, 09:22 PM
K, I have a chance to pick up a used but not so great condition Ikaruga for $12.99 at my local Game Crazy. Does the sound like a good deal and should I pick it up?

squidblatt
02-02-2005, 06:35 AM
Sounds good to me. Especially if its just the case that's in bad condition. As long as the cover art is okay, you can always switch it out to a better case.

Sartori
02-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Depends on what's not in good condition.

Awesome game, period, though.

orrimarrko
02-02-2005, 09:29 AM
i fail to understand why the ncaa basketball is considered rarest when the numbers clearly point to puyo pop fever...??

though i guess those are sales figures and not production figures.

You nailed it...

qbertandernie
02-02-2005, 10:29 AM
i cant believe puyo pop did that poorly. wow.

gopro
02-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Why are people talking about supply and demand? You say supply and demand but there will always be a cause on WHY the price went up in just a few months, just like Suikoden1/2 went up in price. Why did they go up in price? Becuz Suikoden 4 and Resident Evil 4 came out, hello dummy people that brung up supply and demand. Dont say it if you dont know what ur talking about.
Only saing something pointless like "o its supply and demand", what about it?No one even mentioned about those games causing the Price eqilibrium going up due to supply going down and the demand going up. I hate Economics, so gay the class.

orrimarrko
02-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Why are people talking about supply and demand? You say supply and demand but there will always be a cause on WHY the price went up in just a few months, just like Suikoden1/2 went up in price. Why did they go up in price? Becuz Suikoden 4 and Resident Evil 4 came out, hello dummy people that brung up supply and demand. Dont say it if you dont know what ur talking about.
Only saing something pointless like "o its supply and demand", what about it?No one even mentioned about those games causing the Price eqilibrium going up due to supply going down and the demand going up. I hate Economics, so gay the class.

No offense, honestly, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

Your facts aren't even correct.

Supply and demand is EXTREMELY important to the relative pricing of video game (and all) collectables.

The more of something there is, the easier it is to get. The easier it is to get, the more competition there is amongst sellers. This results in price reduction - PERIOD.

The less there is of something, the harder it is to get. The harder it is to get, the less competition there is amongst sellers. This results in sellers being able to ass-rape the interested buyers - PERIOD.

This is the heart of capitalism, and has everything to do with prices getting out of hand.

Unfortunately, the only problem with this model is that there can be instances of incorrect information relating to supply. Some jackasses start the word of mouth that something is harder to find than it really is. Next thing, it's friggin' gospel. No real factual data to back that information up, mind you, but everyone believes what they hear.

Next thing, the prices go up, and up. After a while, they plateau, and will come back down after all those folks who "have to have it" spend a fortune. Assuming the supply is still there, the price will definitely decrease.

Oh, and by the way, the release of Suikoden IV and Resident Evil 4 have almost absolutely nothing to do with the prices of the previous releases going up. Suikoden II has been selling for top dollar for a while now - even before part III was released.

However, if people play the new ones and like them, but never played the older ones, they may get interested in trying part I or II - and seek them out.

That doesn't necessarily mean they will pay top dollar to get them though.

Sorry for the Econ lesson, but what you said simply isn't true.

zshadow
02-02-2005, 06:41 PM
I reckon the rarest GameCube games will be the ones that you get with your *Stars* on the Nintendo site... Ie, Pokemon Box (Standalone version) and Zelda: Ocarina Of Time & Master Quest (Standalone version)

Although these games are available as extra discs in other games, the standalone versions are much rarer - Pokemon box only having had around 4000 copies made. (PAL version)

Of course, the disc which comes with Pokemon Colloseum is far more common, as is the Zelda disc which comes with Wind Waker...

I agree.. the two Zelda promos for Gamecube will definitely be rare.

For Resident Evil 2 & 3, I'm betting Capcom will either re-release / issue a re-print of the games or possibly release a collector's box, like they did in Japan.

Dobie
02-02-2005, 07:57 PM
I agree.. the two Zelda promos for Gamecube will definitely be rare.

I don't know about both demos, but the Master Quest/Ocarina really isn't rare. Anybody who preordered WW got a copy--and the numbers from Nintendo said that WW had 560,000+ preorders. Dunno if all of those people got a bonus disc, but I'm willing to bet a lot of them did.

Dobie
02-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Whoops. Double post. Server is going really slow today.

Promophile
02-03-2005, 03:59 AM
I think that the Resident Evil Demo Disc will be one of the real rarities too. I just got the Pure Evil double pack today, and I entered my code and it took it and said the game would be on its way to me soon. It's the last day of the promotion, and according to the Pure Evil double pack, only 10,000 demos were made.

I'm pretty sure the demo was the Resident Evil 4 preview disc, which was given out like candy at EBgames and Gamestop.

Vectorman0
02-05-2005, 12:20 PM

I'm pretty sure the demo was the Resident Evil 4 preview disc, which was given out like candy at EBgames and Gamestop.

There are actually two versions of the RE4 demo disc. One that was sold in stores in a regular gamecube case, and other that was in a carboard mailer. I don't know the rarity of the one in the cardboard mailer, but it has a vietiful joe 2 advertisement on it that takes up half of the cover.

http://home.comcast.net/~teamjigglypuff/ebay/vg/re4sleevedemo-front.jpg

And while we are on the topic of demo's, I want to make sure everyone understands that the Soul Calibur II demo will probably be the most rare, especially with it's cardboard sleeve.

gopro
02-05-2005, 05:35 PM
No offense, honestly, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

Your facts aren't even correct.

Supply and demand is EXTREMELY important to the relative pricing of video game (and all) collectables.

The more of something there is, the easier it is to get. The easier it is to get, the more competition there is amongst sellers. This results in price reduction - PERIOD.

The less there is of something, the harder it is to get. The harder it is to get, the less competition there is amongst sellers. This results in sellers being able to ass-rape the interested buyers - PERIOD.

This is the heart of capitalism, and has everything to do with prices getting out of hand.

Unfortunately, the only problem with this model is that there can be instances of incorrect information relating to supply. Some jackasses start the word of mouth that something is harder to find than it really is. Next thing, it's friggin' gospel. No real factual data to back that information up, mind you, but everyone believes what they hear.

Next thing, the prices go up, and up. After a while, they plateau, and will come back down after all those folks who "have to have it" spend a fortune. Assuming the supply is still there, the price will definitely decrease.

Oh, and by the way, the release of Suikoden IV and Resident Evil 4 have almost absolutely nothing to do with the prices of the previous releases going up. Suikoden II has been selling for top dollar for a while now - even before part III was released.

However, if people play the new ones and like them, but never played the older ones, they may get interested in trying part I or II - and seek them out.

That doesn't necessarily mean they will pay top dollar to get them though.

Sorry for the Econ lesson, but what you said simply isn't true.

I dont think I said Supply and Demand wasnt important, people are only saying its becuz of Supply and Demand. They have no idea what theyre talking about.Lemme say it again, I said that the price of RE2/3 went up due to the release of RE4, if RE4 did not come out the price wouldnt even have changed. The price be4 RE2 on ebay was MAYBE $70, and RE3 was selling for barely nething. As for Suikoden1/2 went up in price due to Suikoden4 coming out, if it wasnt for SK4 to come out those games wouldnt have risen. SK1 was barely selling for $30, and SK2 was selling for MAYBE $120, now SK1 goes for $50+ and SK2 goes for $150. Thats what I was saying. Since ur telling me that it wasnt due to RE4/SK4 releases, why did it go up? It couldnt have been for nothing. Yes SK2 was selling for Top$ but now you need to give up gold for that game since SK4 came out, but still those other games went up in price, I wonder why then.
People want to collect the 4 games, and waste $300 on both series. O well the prices should calm down soon.
Thx for econ lessons but maybe you shuould go back, becuz prices are not gonna soar up just when both games about to get released. Its not coincidental. Please explain to me why the prices went up, just when RE4 and SK4 came out. Dont say becuz people played the recent ones so they decide to buy the old ones, dont say becuz it was coincidental or dont tell me it was becuz of supply, the supply did not even change. My way is the only possible way the prices couldve risen.

See what u made me do, had to write down all this and waste my time with you when Iknow im correct, damn it.

Mayhem
02-05-2005, 06:05 PM
I said that the price of RE2/3 went up due to the release of RE4, if RE4 did not come out the price wouldnt even have changed.

Actually the price of both RE2 and RE3 on the Cube went up long before RE4 came out. In fact it seems to have spiked directly after the release of the second RE film at the cinema...

JB Lars
02-05-2005, 11:13 PM
sum poorle speld inglish

Tell you what, sparky. Your economic debate might be better received if you'd:

a) provide facts and figures
b) use real words and sentences

Famidrive-16
02-06-2005, 12:43 AM
Could someone tell me the story behind NCAA Basketball?

SoulBlazer
02-06-2005, 03:19 AM
Not much OF a story. Originaly Sega supported the GameCube with their Sports line but decided to pull their support for several reasons such as low sales, etc. NCAA Bastkeball just happened to be in production when the decision was made.

Mayhem
02-06-2005, 09:13 AM
Some units were on shelf, got sold and the rest were pulled. Official figures put the actual number of sales at around 6,000 which by far and away makes it the rarest Cube game (as its sales were limited by Sega themselves here).

esquire
02-09-2005, 12:54 AM
Some units were on shelf, got sold and the rest were pulled. Official figures put the actual number of sales at around 6,000 which by far and away makes it the rarest Cube game (as its sales were limited by Sega themselves here).

I just picked one up for $16.99 at Gamerush. Should I hold onto it or sell it on ebay?

Also, does anyone know the rarity/production run of the Freestyle Street Soccer releases for Blockbuster? One of the Gamerush's near my house had like 20 of them for $4.99 a piece. With the buy one get one 1/2 off that would be only $3.75 a piece. The other thing is that I've only seen them at this Gamerush, and not at any of the other ones near me.

sliop24
06-06-2005, 02:39 AM
You can add the japanese versions of pacman vs & the zelda collection to the list too.

The zelda collection was only available through club nintendo in japan. A few months back you could still get it but now its no longer on there so if you didn't get a copy thats it, your out of luck.

As for pacman vs, there was a version released normally packaged inside copies of R racing evolution but the club nintendo version of pacman vs is different in content, it has the same game but theres a club nintendo screen when it boots up & there are some extra demo stuff on the disk too.

I own the Zelsa collection but i didnt get it through club Nitnendo. Target was giving them away with the purchase of a gamecube 2 years ago.

Mayhem
06-06-2005, 06:06 AM
He's talking about the Japanese version of it. Very hard to acquire :)

The-Bavis
06-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Please explain to me why the prices went up, just when RE4 and SK4 came out. Dont say becuz people played the recent ones so they decide to buy the old ones, dont say becuz it was coincidental or dont tell me it was becuz of supply, the supply did not even change. My way is the only possible way the prices couldve risen.

See what u made me do, had to write down all this and waste my time with you when Iknow im correct, damn it.

I'll explain. Supply did not change, as you stated, but the DEMAND changed. I don't know if it was because the new games came out or because the onion crop was bountiful, but for whatever reason, the DEMAND went up. This is the second and equally important half of the "supply and demand" rule you apparently despise.

bjeong1381
06-08-2005, 01:03 AM
The most rare US gamecube release is NCAA Basketball 2K3. The most rare US bonus/demo disc would be the Soul Calibur II demo. Also the earlier kiosk demos are very hard to get.

Brisco
06-08-2005, 02:02 AM
Exactly how "rare" is the Soul Calibur II Cube demo? I remember right before it came out, I received a mailer at my store which contained 3 Soul Calibur II demos, one for Cube, PS2 & Xbox. I put them in a box with the rest of my demos and never really gave it much thought after that. I believe they are even still sealed. Hmmm...who knew?

Mayhem
06-08-2005, 05:48 AM
Well if you want to let the Cube SC2 demo go, let me know ;)

Roi
06-08-2005, 07:21 AM
What is the rarest PAL cube game ?

hydr0x
06-08-2005, 08:29 AM

i'd say Dakar 2 for commercial releases and other than that the Viewtiful Joe Demo Disc

anagrama
06-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Taxi 3's gotta be up there for PAL GC games, no?

hydr0x
06-08-2005, 11:31 AM

well, it should be quite easy to get from french retailers, so it's not rare yet imho, but yes, in the future this is going to be rare, as will MAXPLAY Vol. 01

towerofsong
06-08-2005, 07:40 PM

i'd say Dakar 2 for commercial releases and other than that the Viewtiful Joe Demo Disc

Dakar 2 is rare? Never knew that. Maybe I should go pick up that copy in Gamestation. Looks like a crap game though. Hmm

hydr0x
06-09-2005, 04:36 AM
well, i must admit i haven't watched it lately but a while ago you'd have to wait up to 2 weeks for it to show up on ebay, that's pretty scarce for a current generation title

what is gamestation asking for one? if it's cheap you might have to grab one for me :D

DigitalSpace
06-09-2005, 04:59 AM
Dakar 2 is rare? Never knew that. Maybe I should go pick up that copy in Gamestation. Looks like a crap game though. Hmm

It's actually a decent game if you like racers. It's a little too short, though.

Zubiac666
06-09-2005, 06:53 AM

and "V-Rally 3"
I hardly saw a copy of that game here.
Also "Casper" is also on top of the PAL list

towerofsong
06-09-2005, 08:11 AM
what is gamestation asking for one? if it's cheap you might have to grab one for me :D

Can't remember what they want for it, will go have a check tommorow.

There is one on ebay at min for 5.99 Buy It Now
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20390&item=8197824528
Since I don't actually like the look of the game i'll let someone else get it

sisko
06-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Can anyone confirm or deny the rarity of Spirits & Spells?

It's only been mentioned in here once, but looking back, I've only seen it once (today, in fact), and it doesn't seem to have popped up on eBay that often.

Mayhem
06-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Whereas Kris and I both have a copy and we've seen at least another 3 in the shops around her area LOL

Maybe Chicago has them all? :P

But yeah, it doesn't appear on eBay that much... it's an uncommon at best me thinks.

Queen Of The Felines
06-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Hey Karl, if you want a Spirits & Spells I can grab you one at a Gamestop near where I work. They also have a WTA Tour Tennis and a Disney Skateboarding too. :hmm:

Kristine

grayrobertos
06-12-2005, 02:10 AM
did I ninja even come out in the uk? Ive been looking for this to no avail. I would love that pacman i ninja combo

hydr0x
06-12-2005, 06:28 AM
did I ninja even come out in the uk? Ive been looking for this to no avail. I would love that pacman i ninja combo

i once thought it did, but as far as i can tell now it didn't, although it was announced, is it in the DB? if so i've got to fix that ;)

Mayhem
06-12-2005, 08:47 AM
It's listed at Amazon.co.uk, but does that mean anything?

sisko
06-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Hey Karl, if you want a Spirits & Spells I can grab you one at a Gamestop near where I work. They also have a WTA Tour Tennis and a Disney Skateboarding too. :hmm:

Kristine

I can grab a Spirits and Spells and WTA here, though I am interested in the Disney Skateboarding. Is it minty complete?

grayrobertos
06-12-2005, 05:26 PM
there is zero copies on uk ebay which probably means we got snided out of it :(

Roi
06-21-2005, 12:35 PM
What about The Powerpuff Girls: Relish Rampage Pickled Edition ?

Doonzmore
06-21-2005, 12:57 PM
I'm starting to see that one pop up more often now adays though it's not as common as the PS2 version though. It may just be a future rarity.

mikeetler
06-21-2005, 05:57 PM
What about The Powerpuff Girls: Relish Rampage Pickled Edition ?

It was originally a US Toys R Us exclusive and a number of TRU stores I've been in still have them for under $15. It doesn't look like there was a wider release, so for scarcity only it could be in the top 40 but there is (and most likely will not be) enough demand for anyone to notice.

-Mike

xaer0knight
06-21-2005, 07:29 PM
i would think Ikaruga or Alien Hominid... Later will become a rarity... Last i looked Ikaruga was going for some $$$ on ebay.
I paid 35 bucks for a used copy on EBAY, couldnt even find it at my local gamestops, EB games, or gamecrazy and that was 6 months ago or so

snes_collector
07-04-2005, 10:10 AM
What about Rave Master? It didn't get hit most(if any) major retailers. So it may be rare(and/or expensive) in the future.

Also, I picked up a new copy of Tom & Jerry War Of The Whiskers yesterday for 15$ new at KBT. Does it have any potential to because rare?

mikeetler
07-04-2005, 10:34 AM
What about Rave Master? It didn't get hit most(if any) major retailers. So it may be rare(and/or expensive) in the future.

Rave Master was definitely a low production title. I rarely saw new ones and I think I've seen one used one in the last six months.

Also, I picked up a new copy of Tom & Jerry War Of The Whiskers yesterday for 15$ new at KBT. Does it have any potential to because rare?

Not a chance. Very heavy production since it was a budget priced release ($19.99 then dropped to $14.99). Targets near me had tons, and I see it in nearly every other national retail chain.

sisko
07-04-2005, 11:14 AM

Rave Master was definitely a low production title. I rarely saw new ones and I think I've seen one used one in the last six months.

I believe Rave Master was originally available only from Amazon.com, however retailers are getting the game in.

Toys-r-us is currently taking preorders for the game which is slated to arrive sometime this month. At least, thats what they told me.

Mayhem
07-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Rave Master is pretty much only available from Toys R Us, though Kris and I did see one copy new at a Gamecrazy during our trawl in April. I got mine, surprise surprise, off Amazon.

Tom&Jerry is very hard to find in Kris' area... and the one used copy we did see (that I got) was priced at $25 (though thankfully the store was doing a 3 for 2 sale, so I got one game for free from them).

mikeetler
07-04-2005, 01:17 PM

I believe Rave Master was originally available only from Amazon.com, however retailers are getting the game in.

Toys-r-us is currently taking preorders for the game which is slated to arrive sometime this month. At least, thats what they told me.

Funny, 'cause the only new ones I saw were a in early May at a Funcoland and an EB.

-Mike

PapaStu
07-04-2005, 05:37 PM
The local Super Electronics Chain (Frys) out here in the Bay Area got Rave Master in when it first came out. Some stores dont have it anymore, Others still do.

snes_collector
08-27-2005, 08:52 AM
What about Egg Manic:Eggstream Madness? Pretty cool game that I don't see often. Does it have potential?

Roi
11-07-2005, 08:35 AM
What about (PAL)

Cocoto Kart Racer
Cocoto Platform Jumper
Cocoto Tennis
Cocoto Fishing Master

I never see those IRL !

Mayhem
11-07-2005, 09:20 AM
What about Egg Manic:Eggstream Madness? Pretty cool game that I don't see often. Does it have potential?

You got it? I can't find any reference to a Cube version, just Xbox and PS2.

DigitalSpace
11-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Keep an eye out for Rally Championship. It doesn't have much demand since it's a racer nobody knows about, but it's not easy to come across - I've only seen two copies locally in the past year, including the one I picked up.

Also, City Racer seems to be scarce.

Roi
11-07-2005, 09:44 AM

Here in Holland it's not rare, a common budget game.

Mayhem
11-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Ah might explain it then... no US release, just PAL...?

smork
11-07-2005, 12:32 PM
It's odd ot me that Ikaruga gets mentioned often -- I went looking a few months ago and found 3 brand new ones (bought 'em all) for $19.99 and at least 10 or so used ones all around the area. Maybe it's another one that's distributed odd, regionally.

sisko
11-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Ah might explain it then... no US release, just PAL...?

It did indeed get a US release.

snes_collector
11-07-2005, 04:29 PM

You got it? I can't find any reference to a Cube version, just Xbox and PS2.

Yeah, I got the US Cube version. I don't see it too often though. It's a good game, but the load times kill it.

Mayhem
11-07-2005, 05:03 PM
It says something then that there's no entry for it at EB Games, Toys R Us or Amazon.com then :/

Or any copies on eBay at the moment. Actually scrub that, there are a couple, guess they spaced the words out better than when I searched before :roll:

It IS listed at Gamestop at least... but I've never seen a copy of it on a shelf.

Roi
11-08-2005, 05:43 AM
I guess
Cocoto Kart Racer
Cocoto Platform Jumper
Cocoto Tennis
Cocoto Fishing Master

Are PAL only then ? (And more rare than the DS version.)
I never saw one of those games in a store.

snes_collector
11-08-2005, 08:28 AM
It says something then that there's no entry for it at EB Games, Toys R Us or Amazon.com then :/

Or any copies on eBay at the moment. Actually scrub that, there are a couple, guess they spaced the words out better than when I searched before :roll:

It IS listed at Gamestop at least... but I've never seen a copy of it on a shelf.

I picked my copy up at a place called Roses. I think I might have saw 3 other copies since then, all at different GameStops.

Vectorman0
11-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Has anyone ever seen Grooverider Slot Car Thunder in stores? I had to get mine off ebay since I could never find one.

dan2357
11-08-2005, 11:44 AM
What about Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone, It was $19.99 new when it came out, but now I cant find it for under 30. Only saw it in stores for a short period.

snes_collector
11-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Has anyone ever seen Grooverider Slot Car Thunder in stores? I had to get mine off ebay since I could never find one.

I see it every once and awhile. Been meaning to pick it up, actually.

Mayhem
11-08-2005, 11:59 AM
I saw it once during the trawl in August. Maybe I'll pick it up if I see it again then.

Vectorman0
11-08-2005, 12:32 PM
It's an interesting game, I would say it is worth it if you can find it for $10 or less. I haven't spent much time with it, but it seems like it gets very hard very fast.

Dobie
11-08-2005, 12:38 PM
I picked up Slot Car Thunder a year ago because it looked like it would play like an updated RC ProAm. Not so much. :/ Its all memorization of tracks, and if I remember correctly, it was also extremely frustrating to play, because you can't see what is ahead of you a lot of the time. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody but completionists wanting to get all GC games, but to each his own.

20eyes
11-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Not sure if these have been covered or not:
Cubivore
Bust A Move 3000

sisko
11-22-2005, 03:18 AM
Cubivore
Bust A Move 3000

Actually, I think Cubivore is ready to be knocked from the list with its recent rerelease...

YoshiM
11-22-2005, 09:17 AM
Also, didn't they do a similar thing with Rogue Squadron III Rebel Strike?

Yeah, you could buy the demo disk that included a couple of levels and the Star Wars Arcade Game which I believe also entitled you to a copy of the full game when it came out.

However every place was practically selling these things so I don't think it's really "rare". My local EB was blowing them out for $5 a pop not too long ago.

TurboGenesis
11-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Future rarity - Chaos Field

Yup another shootie rarity. Coming on limited store shelves December 14th. With it being released late in the Gamecube life cycle and being a game of a "dead" genre and purely niche title its definitly going to be pretty rare. Maybe not the rarest but in due time...

snes_collector
11-25-2005, 08:13 AM
I think we're forgetting some titles that may be rare. Including

ET: SFD
He-Man
Goblin Commander
also, on GameStop they have listed PowerPuff Girls: RR but not Pickled Edition. Anybody saw this anywhere?

PapaStu
11-25-2005, 09:46 AM

Yup another shootie rarity. Coming on limited store shelves December 14th. With it being released late in the Gamecube life cycle and being a game of a "dead" genre and purely niche title its definitly going to be pretty rare. Maybe not the rarest but in due time...

Thanks for bringing this one back up, Oobgarm and I had been talking about this and I totally forgot about it.

So far i'm seeing it only on Gamestops website.

sisko
11-25-2005, 12:40 PM
I think we're forgetting some titles that may be rare. Including

ET: SFD
He-Man
Goblin Commander
also, on GameStop they have listed PowerPuff Girls: RR but not Pickled Edition. Anybody saw this anywhere?

Most titles listed here are ones that most people haven't heard of. That being said, abbreviations don't help us much at all. What is ET: SFD?

Wasn't He-Man cancelled?

I believe there was only one Powerpuff Girls game on the cube, and Nintendo.com confirms that. They probably just didn't include the entire subtitle.

Austin
11-25-2005, 12:41 PM

Thanks for bringing this one back up, Oobgarm and I had been talking about this and I totally forgot about it.

I've seen next to nothing about this release. I think I'll have to put in a preorder at Gamestop.com because at this late in the game I'm worried I won't be able to find it on store shelves anywhere in December.

Mayhem
11-25-2005, 03:01 PM
ET:SFD = ET: Search for Dragora.

Well I had to go look it up as I hadn't heard of it. I haven't SEEN it either during the games shopping this week either. Any idea when it came out? Time to go look see if there's any copies on eBay...

Nope can't see anything there either...

snes_collector
11-25-2005, 07:01 PM
ET:SFD = ET: Search for Dragora.

Well I had to go look it up as I hadn't heard of it. I haven't SEEN it either during the games shopping this week either. Any idea when it came out? Time to go look see if there's any copies on eBay...

Nope can't see anything there either...

I'm don't think I've ever saw ET and I'm almost positive I've never saw He-Man. Maybe they got cancelled, but GameStop.Com has the cover art for both. Can anyone confirm them as US releases?

Bojay1997
11-25-2005, 08:31 PM
It was released for the PS2 only in Europe. As far as I know, it didn't even get a European release on the GC.

Doonzmore
11-25-2005, 10:12 PM
Im pretty positive ET and He-Man were cancelled here in the U.S.

CYRiX
11-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Didn't feel like reading but the rarest game is NCAA Basketball 2k3 because only like 6000-10000 were produced, they cut them off for some reason I cannot remember.

sisko
11-26-2005, 12:23 AM
Didn't feel like reading but the rarest game is NCAA Basketball 2k3 because only like 6000-10000 were produced, they cut them off for some reason I cannot remember.

Posts like this piss me off. Why bother coming to a message board if you're too lazy to read the messages? Read the frickin thread, and then contribute if you have some new information. NCAA has been mentioned at least a dozen times already, 3 of which were on the very first page!

I confirmed that He-Man was indeed cancelled for Cube (though it DID have a relatively small GBA release), and it appears that ET was also cancelled as it is not listed in Nintendo.com's Master List.

snes_collector
11-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Just checked someone's written list on GameFAQ's http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/gamecube_games.txt here's the link if it will let you go. The are both under the cancelled section, with no info about He-Man, and not too much for Et. Just to let you guys know, Nintendo Power reviewed He-Man, so it must be somewhere in a near complete form.

Also, does anyone ever see F1 2002? I've been lookng for this one, and can't find it.

Sanriostar
11-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Cubivore
Bust A Move 3000

Actually, I think Cubivore is ready to be knocked from the list with its recent rerelease...

And I welcome it. Cubivore's too good a game to just keep as a rarity; I'd rather more people could play it.

sisko
11-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Also, does anyone ever see F1 2002? I've been lookng for this one, and can't find it.

Never. Thanks for pointing it out....I'll start keeping an eye out for rogue copies.

MightySlacker
11-26-2005, 01:13 PM
PSO 1 & 2 and the plus version still arent easy to find
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

What seems to be the hardest to find and most expensive at the moment is Pokemon Box. Gets 3 digits on a regular basis

Dave

sisko
11-26-2005, 01:24 PM
PSO 1 & 2 and the plus version still arent easy to find
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

PSO 1&2 was recently rereleased by Game Quest Direct.
PSO 1&2 Plus is fairly common around these parts.

Jedi Outcast is undoubtedly uncommon, though far from a rarity.

Queen Of The Felines
11-26-2005, 06:47 PM

Jeez, Mayhem and I just found it today for the first time ourselves. @_@

Kristine

snes_collector
11-26-2005, 06:55 PM

Jeez, Mayhem and I just found it today for the first time ourselves. @_@

Kristine

Is it any good? It's an EA game, so you'd think there would a decent amount of copies around. I guess the people who have it, like and don't want to sell it.

Mayhem
11-26-2005, 08:49 PM
It's an EARLY Cube release. By that I mean it's in one of the old style cases (the ones that don't have a hole on the bottom ). It's the first copy I've seen in shops whilst QoF and I have been doing the game trawl, and we've done it several times now over the last 18 months.

Jedi Outcast? Yeah I'd say that was hard to find. I've seen it twice over the last year in shops and both times still priced at over $30. I think I'll get a copy off eBay if anything...

Btw my collection is now over 320 US games and counting :)

DigitalSpace
11-29-2005, 01:25 AM
I don't see F1 2002 that often either - I don't remember seeing it more than three times in the past year.

Here's a couple more to keep an eye out for:

Rally Championship (not to be confused with Pro Rally) - In the past year, I've only seen two copies in the wild, and that includes the one I bought. It will get tougher to track down.

Lotus Challenge - A port of Motor Trend Lotus Challenge on the Xbox. Released in July 2004 at the budget price of $19.99. Earlier this year, I spotted a new copy at a GameStop and that's the only one I've ever seen. Kinda wish I bought it now.

Mayhem
11-29-2005, 06:13 AM
Got both of those fortunately, and so has QoF. And three of the four copies were found in shops (I got my copy of Rally Championship off eBay). I believe I saw one copy of Lotus Challenge in a shop during the game trawl we did last week, and no Rally Championship.

snes_collector
11-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Lotus Challenge - A port of Motor Trend Lotus Challenge on the Xbox. Released in July 2004 at the budget price of $19.99. Earlier this year, I spotted a new copy at a GameStop and that's the only one I've ever seen. Kinda wish I bought it now.

Must be regional, still quite a few copies around where I live.

Ed Oscuro
11-30-2005, 12:07 AM

Oh, I definitely gotta get that...will probably point a few other people I know towards it, as well.

sisko
11-30-2005, 03:02 AM
Here's a strange one for you.

Mario DDR.

It's been out for what? 3 weeks? The game is no longer in production, and has stopped shipping. You can bet your bottom dollar I will be picking up a second one shortly.

Griking
11-30-2005, 09:06 AM

Mario DDR.

It's been out for what? 3 weeks? The game is no longer in production, and has stopped shipping.

How do you know that the game was cancelled? Its not that I have any reason to doubt you its just odd for a Mario game to get canned after such a short period of time.

Oobgarm
11-30-2005, 09:26 AM

Oh, I definitely gotta get that...will probably point a few other people I know towards it, as well.

I pointed out this one a while back.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73855

gamegirl79
11-30-2005, 09:30 AM

Mario DDR.

It's been out for what? 3 weeks? The game is no longer in production, and has stopped shipping.

How do you know that the game was cancelled? Its not that I have any reason to doubt you its just odd for a Mario game to get canned after such a short period of time.

It looks like he might be right. I just looked on a bunch of online stores and NONE of them have it. Amazon no longer is selling it, and the sellers on Amazon have the game marked up to $120!

Austin
11-30-2005, 09:54 AM

Mario DDR.

It looks like he might be right. I just looked on a bunch of online stores and NONE of them have it. Amazon no longer is selling it, and the sellers on Amazon have the game marked up to $120!

Wow. Could it be in-between printings? Guitar Hero was unavailable and selling for $100+ a package for a few days about a week back, but everyone seems to have been resupplied.

gamegirl79
11-30-2005, 10:27 AM
Wow. Could it be in-between printings? Guitar Hero was unavailable and selling for $100+ a package for a few days about a week back, but everyone seems to have been resupplied.

I suppose the first printing of Mario DDR could have sold really well due to the holidays and subsequently no stores have it at the moment. Buy.com has it listed on their site with an "on order" status and a 1-2 week ship time. Who knows?

sisko
11-30-2005, 12:41 PM
http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=nintendogamecube&message.id=711066&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

NOA_MAC (and the other NOA_* people) work for Nintendo. These guys know their stuff, and have [to my knowledge] never been incorrect about something.

Six Switch
11-30-2005, 12:56 PM
i didn't see a post from noa_anything in that thread

sisko
11-30-2005, 01:11 PM
i didn't see a post from noa_anything in that thread

Read the first post.

Mayhem
11-30-2005, 03:10 PM
Well there were TONS of them in the shops last week when I was there... so they are still readily available, just perhaps no longer actually being made (one print run?).

snes_collector
11-30-2005, 04:54 PM
http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=nintendogamecube&message.id=711066&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

NOA_MAC (and the other NOA_* people) work for Nintendo. These guys know their stuff, and have [to my knowledge] never been incorrect about something.

Wow, that's wierd and depressing. I had hight hopes of playing DDR on the GC. But still, I dunno weather do believe it or not.

DigitalSpace
11-30-2005, 06:47 PM

Mario DDR.

It's been out for what? 3 weeks? The game is no longer in production, and has stopped shipping. You can bet your bottom dollar I will be picking up a second one shortly.

Well, that certainly qualifies for the "WTF?" category.

snes_collector
11-30-2005, 06:54 PM

Mario DDR.

Well, that certainly qualifies for the "WTF?" category.

Especially to those people, like me, who haven't bought one.

PapaStu
11-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Well if you actually Play Mario DDR know that its much more of a story game then an actual just play what you want DDR game. That being said, its an interesting little thing and is something i'm glad we got, but after we cracked it open and beat it, we've not touched it again.

unwinddesign
11-30-2005, 07:26 PM
How much did Mario DDR retail for, and was it only available with the dance pad? :/

Cobra Commander
11-30-2005, 07:51 PM
DDR retailed for $49.99 and I'm pretty sure it was only sold with the pad. If it was sold separately, I'm gonna hunt that one down too.

joshnickerson
11-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Well, that certainly is as you say "teh suxxors". Fortunately, last week as I was in Circuit City my brain said "Hey, if you want that Mario DDR game, you'd better pick it up before the holiday rush begins." So I did, and by the looks of it, I'm glad I did. However, I was in Best Buy last Saturday and they had a big stack of 'em. I guess it's just a local thing.

But to be already discontinued? Wow. I've only played a little bit of it, but it's still a fun title. It must have debuted miserably for that to happen.

Buyatari
11-30-2005, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the hint. I picked up a couple at BlockBuster. They have a sale right now all new games are $39.99 instead of $49.99.

I was told at another Block Buster who had them that they couldn't sell them because they were being recalled due to seisures.

Adam

joshnickerson
11-30-2005, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the hint. I picked up a couple at BlockBuster. They have a sale right now all new games are $39.99 instead of $49.99.

I was told at another Block Buster who had them that they couldn't sell them because they were being recalled due to seisures.

Adam

:hmm:

sisko
11-30-2005, 11:57 PM
I did some further checking at EB today. DDR Mario indeed has a discontinued code. Following a hunch, I also check Karaoke Revolution, but it is still active.

Bringing up another game, is UFC Throwdown uncommon or rare?

DigitalSpace
12-01-2005, 01:46 AM

I see it a lot around here - not too long ago my Best Buy had several new copies at $9.99.

Queen Of The Felines
12-01-2005, 01:51 AM

Neither, around here anyway.

Has Freaky Fliers been mentioned? I didn't even know it existed until Mayhem stumbled upon a copy a few months back.

Kristine

snes_collector
12-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Neither, around here anyway.

Has Freaky Fliers been mentioned? I didn't even know it existed until Mayhem stumbled upon a copy a few months back.

Kristine

I've never saw a copy of it outside of a blockbuster.

DigitalSpace
12-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Freaky Flyers is a little uncommon around here, but not too hard to find. Could be a regional thing, though.

Simplynes
01-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Anyone know why this is going for so much money?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POKEMON-BOX-ruby-Sapphire-GAMECUBE-RARE_W0QQitemZ8248444231QQcategoryZ20390QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem @_@

dbiersdorf
01-04-2006, 02:11 PM
What... the... fuck?

Wow am I glad I bought that on PokemonCenter.com back when it came out. I got it for $23 or something. There's hardly any completed listing either, the only one I could find was for $95.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gamecube-Pokemon-Box-Ruby-Sapphire-US-RARE-VERSION_W0QQitemZ8243988673QQcategoryZ62053QQssPag eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mayhem
01-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Because it's no longer available, that's why. It was either available from the Pokemon Centre in NY, or via the website, and I believe both no longer stock it.

Impressed there's another Brit with the US version :)

(for the record, the European version is NOT rare, but is not that easy to find in general)

I'm just glad I asked QoF to order a copy for me a while ago (and she got one for herself at the time). We just wish we'd bought more in hindsight LOL

Mr Mort
01-04-2006, 04:05 PM
What about MLB Slugfest 2004? I have one copy, but I can't find another copy anywhere...

dbiersdorf
01-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah it's rare, or I think it was anyway, I remember it was a $5 clearance game back in 2004 during the Circuit City sale and I got it off someone for maybe $7, and resold it on eBay for $60. :)

snes_collector
01-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Wow, guess I better look for that one.

Mayhem
01-04-2006, 06:42 PM
MLB Slugfest 2004 isn't as hard as people think. It was on eBay a fair bit in the past sealed, and I believe QoF has seen at least one, if not two copies in stores in her area. Put it down as a high uncommon.

ProgrammingAce
01-04-2006, 07:20 PM
I'm going to toss Chaos Field in the running. It's already hard to find, and it has only been out for 2 weeks. None of the major online sites or mags have reviewed it, pick it up while you can.

max 330 mega
01-04-2006, 07:37 PM
just wondering if anyone thinks hello kitty roller rescue is ever going to be rare? i picked it up forever ago, and have not seen any copies of it in stores for a long time.

vincewy
01-05-2006, 01:26 AM
There're many Gamecube games that could be very rare in the future, in fact, overlooked:

Mario DDR - recalled due to fear of liabilities from seisure.
Zatch Bell
One Piece: Grand Battle
Road Trip: Arcade Edition
Virtua Striker 2002
Chaos Field
Ikaruga
Bust-A-Move 3000
Cubivore
NCAA Basketball 2003
PSO I&II (not Plus)

Mayhem
01-05-2006, 06:28 AM
I've got all of those except BAM3000 and Ikaruga (still looking for a decent priced copies, though there are enough copies online about) and Zatch Bell (not heard of that, how old is it?).

rjohnson
01-05-2006, 10:44 AM
Ikaruga
Pikmin 2
Chaos Field
Freaky Fliers
Bloody Roar
all great games, and yes, (hard) harder to find...

Have not opened Chaos (pre-ordered it after discussion here on it)...yet...might never either...

Really hard to find...

Queen Of The Felines
01-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Robotech: Battlecry Limited Edition

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8246763344

@_@

Kristine

sisko
01-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Robotech: Battlecry Limited Edition

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8246763344

@_@

Kristine

Are the outer packaging and contents of the Gamecube version identical to the PS2 version?

snes_collector
01-05-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm going to toss Chaos Field in the running. It's already hard to find, and it has only been out for 2 weeks. None of the major online sites or mags have reviewed it, pick it up while you can.

I may be wrong about this, but I think that Chaos Field may be expensive in the future, will be because noone will want to sell it. Ofcourse I could totally be wrong.

F1 2002's got to be high in the list. I wish I could find me a copy :(

pacmanhat
01-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Ikaruga
Pikmin 2
Chaos Field
Freaky Fliers
Bloody Roar
all great games, and yes, (hard) harder to find...

Have not opened Chaos (pre-ordered it after discussion here on it)...yet...might never either...

Really hard to find...

Pikmin 2? Really? I've never had a problem finding multiple copies of this.

dbiersdorf
01-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Pikmin 2 is and never will be hard to find.

GetImOliver
01-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Don't forget that Atlus ran a reprint of a lot of its harder-to-find titles, Cubivore included. Nearly every Gamestop I've been to lately has one for $40 used.

squidblatt
01-07-2006, 03:20 PM
What about that Darkwing Duck game? I'm not a hardcore GC collector, but I remember seeing a used copy only once and it was gone by the time I came back to get it a few days later.

snes_collector
01-07-2006, 03:32 PM
What about that Darkwing Duck game? I'm not a hardcore GC collector, but I remember seeing a used copy only once and it was gone by the time I came back to get it a few days later.

Are you talking about Disney's Donald Duck: Going Quackers? Because there is no Darwing Duck GC game. As for it's rarity it's more uncommon, you don't see it that much, but if you look hard enough, you can find a copy.

squidblatt
01-07-2006, 03:47 PM

Are you talking about Disney's Donald Duck: Going Quackers? Because there is no Darwing Duck GC game. As for it's rarity it's more uncommon, you don't see it that much, but if you look hard enough, you can find a copy.

Well no wonder it's so rare - it only exists in my mind! Guess that explains why I couldn't find it again at the store.

Mayhem
01-07-2006, 03:57 PM
He might mean "PK Into the Shadows" here, but that's not that hard to find. When you realise TRU seemed to have gotten a lot of the stock (indeed, you can find it really cheap there still new I bet).

squidblatt
01-07-2006, 04:14 PM
He might mean "PK Into the Shadows" here, but that's not that hard to find. When you realise TRU seemed to have gotten a lot of the stock (indeed, you can find it really cheap there still new I bet).

That looks like what I saw. Guess I just didn't look close enough. Thanks.

hydr0x
01-07-2006, 05:27 PM
you might be thinking of the Donald Duck Phantomias game which IS NOT the same as Goin Quackers, despite what some "experts" on here were saying recently

edit: that's what happens if you don't look at the last site of a topic LOL

vincewy
01-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Quick ??, is Mario DDR been discontinued? If so, it'll be one of the rarest GC games.

snes_collector
01-08-2006, 07:35 AM
you might be thinking of the Donald Duck Phantomias game which IS NOT the same as Goin Quackers, despite what some "experts" on here were saying recently

edit: that's what happens if you don't look at the last site of a topic LOL

That to me? I never said I was an "expert". I'm not partically an "expert" on this game, as I don't see it in my area alot.

And if this post wasn't directed to me, disregard it.

tylerwillis
01-08-2006, 08:50 AM

Well no wonder it's so rare - it only exists in my mind! Guess that explains why I couldn't find it again at the store.

Collecting is hard enough without imagining games. ;) Although it might be mildly amusing to walk into an EB and demand title x for a random console, then get utterly pissed when they can't find it.

hydr0x
01-08-2006, 09:34 AM
And if this post wasn't directed to me, disregard it.

i think it wasn't, although i can't even remember what his username was :D

Austin
01-08-2006, 11:05 AM

I may be wrong about this, but I think that Chaos Field may be expensive in the future, will be because noone will want to sell it. Ofcourse I could totally be wrong.

F1 2002's got to be high in the list. I wish I could find me a copy :(

I hit three game stores and was able to grab the one copy they got between them. Unless the game gets another shipment, it's going to be a pain to track down someday.

Simplynes
01-08-2006, 11:16 AM
I know the NTSC version of Mario DDR is hard to find (for now at least) but what about the PAL version? has that been discontinued too?.

KeeperBvK
01-08-2006, 11:33 AM
I know the NTSC version of Mario DDR is hard to find (for now at least) but what about the PAL version? has that been discontinued too?.

I don't think so, at least I've seen it in several stores last week.

Mayhem
01-08-2006, 11:36 AM
If you can't find Chaos Field, just order it online somewhere, many places still have stock.

As for PAL DDR Mario, I checked a few online UK stores and they've still got stock, so I'm guessing it's still readily available.

tylerwillis
01-08-2006, 11:55 AM
If you can't find Chaos Field, just order it online somewhere, many places still have stock.

Aye, I got my copy (http://www.tylerwillis.com/2006/01/07/chaos-field/) from estarland.

keiblerfan69
01-08-2006, 01:42 PM

Aye, I got my copy (http://www.tylerwillis.com/2006/01/07/chaos-field/) from estarland.

I got mine from EBgames. They only had 2 copies.

vincewy
01-10-2006, 01:48 AM
Is it just me or did anyone agree that many of the Gamecube games will be much harder to get, regardless of condition? I've looked around for some niche titles like Chaos Field, Zatche Bell, One Piece, only EB/GS has them, but you're talking about 1-2 copies in stock, plus sales of many at TRU, normally I don't like to splurge and can wait for a while for price drop, but I broke down and bought quite a few lately

RE4
Final Fantasy:CC
Mario Party 4
Pikmin 2
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Geist
Mario DDR
Batten Kaito
Zatch Bell
One Piece
Chaos Field
Zelda 4 Sword
Zelda Wind Waker (non-PC version, very tough to find sealed now)
Star Fox Ad (non-PC version)

Unlike many XB and PS2 games that were made in large print #, some titles, if you miss first few copies on store shelf, they're gone.

MightySlacker
01-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Damn, a few weeks ago I saw a sealed F1 2002 in the CompUSA clearance bin of all places. Gonna have to check and see if its still there

Dave

itobandito
01-12-2006, 12:16 PM

What does this Demo Disc contain? RE 4 demo???

goatdan
01-12-2006, 12:18 PM

What does this Demo Disc contain? RE 4 demo???

Yes, it came in a sleeve if you entered your codes on a web site. Apparently, it is the same demo as a store-sent demo that Nintendo had provided, but it came in it's own sleeve. The demo itself probably won't be that rare, but the sleeve that it came in probably will be.

Mayhem
01-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Is this it btw...?

http://www.mayhem64.co.uk/misc/re4demo.jpg

Got it I think from someone on here...

CreativeOnlineSurname
01-13-2006, 09:10 PM
I was in EB tonight and came across something I've neither seen nor heard of before... Metroid Prime and Legend of Zelda:
the Wind Waker in one case. It had the cover art split down the middle between the two games, as with the descriptions on the back. I didn't get to check the discs to see if they might be different, but it appeared that the instructions were simply two manuals, both the normal ones for each game.

Has anyone seen this who could tell me more about it? It had a price tag of $45.00, which I know it shouldn't be worth, but I almost don't want to pass it up if it is that rare. Thanks.

vincewy
01-13-2006, 10:40 PM
I was in EB tonight and came across something I've neither seen nor heard of before... Metroid Prime and Legend of Zelda:
the Wind Waker in one case. It had the cover art split down the middle between the two games, as with the descriptions on the back. I didn't get to check the discs to see if they might be different, but it appeared that the instructions were simply two manuals, both the normal ones for each game.

Has anyone seen this who could tell me more about it? It had a price tag of $45.00, which I know it shouldn't be worth, but I almost don't want to pass it up if it is that rare. Thanks.

If you have a lot of money to spare, go for it, as I've seen tons of game release variations of Gamecube. There're also Sonic Heroes + DX and Super Monkey Balls 1 + 2 releases in cardboard boxes, and the same combos with only shrinkwrap from TRU.

Some titles also have exclusive K-mart logos on them, don't know what makes them different.

Buyatari
01-14-2006, 06:43 AM
This is from the Wind Walker/Metroid gamecube bundle pack which retailed for $129.99 and was still available up until about Thanksgiving.

Roi
01-27-2006, 11:32 AM
(Talking PAL)
What about those Disney mickey games ? I actualy only did see that Basketball game ones!

http://www.revo-europe.com/packshots/disbasket.jpg
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/224941.jpg
http://www.1stvideo.com/GameCube/DisneySportsFootball.jpg

When you look on Ebay you will only find 2 copies op the skateboarding game, and there both from Netherland.

On the back of that basketball game there was a dutch adres, so maybe they only have been released in Holland ?!

Mayhem
01-27-2006, 11:48 AM
In general I've found the Disney sports games to be a lot easier to find on PAL than NTSC.

Having searched for them NTSC wise and gotten them all, I put the rarity in the order (easiest to hardest) Skateboarding, Football, Soccer, Basketball.

Conversely Basketball on PAL isn't that difficult to get.

orrimarrko
01-27-2006, 01:51 PM
I put the rarity in the order (easiest to hardest) Skateboarding, Football, Soccer, Basketball.

I would agree 100% with that ranking.

In fact, I was just thinking about that last night.

The basketball is much harder to find than the other three.

I would say that Soccer and Football are about the same, but feel that more people are hanging on to their Soccer copies than the football ones.

Skateboarding is the easiest of the four.

Orri-

orrimarrko
01-27-2006, 01:53 PM
This is from the Wind Walker/Metroid gamecube bundle pack which retailed for $129.99 and was still available up until about Thanksgiving.

Hey Adam,

Do you have a pic of the game case? I didn't know if yours is still sealed or not.

No biggie if you don't. I've seen the bundle, but never opened.

Thanks,
Steve (Orri-)

Mayhem
01-27-2006, 02:40 PM
The basketball is much harder to find than the other three.

Indeed, it's the only one of the four I didn't get from a shop; found a shrinked copy on Amazon for $25. Which isn't bad considering used copies go for $40+ on eBay.

Austin
01-27-2006, 03:55 PM
I've never even seen the Disney sports games.

They're Konami, so it figures they'll be tough to find.

Buyatari
01-27-2006, 08:17 PM
double post

Buyatari
01-27-2006, 08:18 PM
I've never even seen the Disney sports games.

They're Konami, so it figures they'll be tough to find.

Who ever thought a Disney game for a Nintendo system would be hard to find. Thats almost as hard to believe as taking two incredibly popular things like DDR and Mario and having a low print run.

dbiersdorf
01-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Does anyone have a copy of Tower of Druaga? It was a bonus disc when you preordered Baten Kaitos in Japan. I saw it on eBay once and made the stupid mistake of not bidding, and if I recally correctly it ended at about $35. This was probably two years ago. It comes in a classic NES style box, and Namco is even spelt Namcot (their old name) but the game is on a GameCube disc.

I'd love to see one of these again.

snes_collector
01-27-2006, 09:42 PM
I don't believe I've saw ANY of the Disney Sports games in awhile. Also, I believe alot of Ubi Soft games may end of being hard to find. I rarely see either Monster Truck game, and they go for more than I want to pay, Pro Rally, and Rally Championship(was this published by UbiSoft?) come to mind. I don't see the Dinotopia game too much either, that one may end up uncommon.

DigitalSpace
01-28-2006, 12:41 AM
Rally Championship was published by Conspiracy Entertainment. Pro Rally was the only Rally title published by UbiSoft. It's easy to mix them up, though.

Mayhem
01-28-2006, 08:14 AM
Does anyone have a copy of Tower of Druaga? It was a bonus disc when you preordered Baten Kaitos in Japan. I saw it on eBay once and made the stupid mistake of not bidding, and if I recally correctly it ended at about $35. This was probably two years ago. It comes in a classic NES style box, and Namco is even spelt Namcot (their old name) but the game is on a GameCube disc.

Your wish is my command ;)

http://62.168.142.47/~mayhem/images/druaga.jpg

My personal copy... btw PlayAsia has them in stock if you want to go order :)

max 330 mega
01-28-2006, 09:41 AM
is any japanese reading needed for that game? seems like i might pick it up if its easy to navigate with no knowledge of japanese.

Mayhem
01-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Can't say that is, apart from needing to know the item list and guide so you can get them on each level (impossible to complete otherwise). GameFAQs or similar can probs help with that.

Darren870
02-12-2006, 10:45 AM
How much is the Robotech Battlecry Collectors Edition worth? I might be able to get one however its pricy. Whats there normal value?

Mayhem
02-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Value? Whatever someone will pay for it! ;)

I got mine for $20 sealed but I suspect that might have been a damn good deal. It retailed for $80 apparently at the time.

Captain J
02-12-2006, 12:03 PM

Your wish is my command ;)

http://62.168.142.47/~mayhem/images/druaga.jpg

My personal copy... btw PlayAsia has them in stock if you want to go order :)

yeah i picked up a copy from them brand new for only $29.99 or you can get it used for $19.99, here is the link!

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-4i-49-en-15-tower%2Bof%2Bdruaga-70-pli.html

hobbes13
02-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Hmm....

I have a Star Wars Rouge Squadron 3 demo disk that includes the original Atari Star Wars arcade game and other bonus crap. Best Buy was giving away a huge stack of them after the Christmas season of 2003.

Is this rare at all?

dbiersdorf
02-13-2006, 10:39 PM
No, not in the least.

Anyone got a picture of the Soul Calibur II demo disc? I've also never seen that one before.

joshnickerson
02-13-2006, 10:48 PM
http://videogamecollectors.com/albums/joshsroom/image4.sized.jpg

On the right.

dbiersdorf
02-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Damn, yeah, I've never seen that before.

orrimarrko
02-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Neither have I.

Nice.

BTW, are you all counting Japanese (or any non-US) Gamecube games in this discussion?

That normally doesn't take place, hence my question.

What I meant was, typically just the US games are called into question, as the lists are completely different.

I only bring that up because of the Druaga bonus question.

Thanks,
Steve

Mayhem
02-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Just US in this discussion.

I was looking for the SC2 demo for quite a while, and then one appeared on eBay about 9 months ago (which I won). Followed by another shortly thereafter. About the only two I've seen however.

slapdash
02-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Heh, if those WERE the only ones, then I got the second one. :-)

DocRamon
02-14-2006, 11:28 PM
i got my SC2 demo off ebay about a year ago now, perhaps a little more. the auction included the ps2 and xbox versions as well. picked up all 3 for $25 or so. they're actually on ebay quite often, but i've often found them with horrible listing names, or including in more generic "collection of video game demos" bundles. finding the cardboard sleeve seems to be harder than finding the disc itself.

lol monster
02-15-2006, 11:51 PM
What about the Resident Evil 4 Gamestop Edition? My Gamestop still has a few new at $45, and I am wondering if I should pick them up.

Auxilla
02-16-2006, 04:45 AM
I bought one yesterday on Ebay.Doubt its rare but I never heard much talk about it.Sucks it has Gamestop on the cover of that nice tin.

Mayhem
02-16-2006, 06:32 AM
Well 48,000 of them made, so you call whether that'll be rare or not.

dojosky
02-19-2006, 06:27 AM
also what about Groove Rider: Slot Car Thunder by encore ??? to this date i have only seen one at a gamestop once ...

Lozza
02-19-2006, 06:50 AM
I believe that NCAA Basketball 2K3 is quite rare, and was selling for $70+ a few months ago. It has since gone down in price, but is still considered the rarest current generation game.

This game is one of the rarest. EA had to phase out some titles and they only made around 10,000 of NCAA Basketball 2003. I hate sports games, but would buy it for future value.

Mayhem
02-19-2006, 09:00 AM
You mean Sega here, not EA right? ;)

From previous talk, someone said only about 6,000 - 7,000 copies were sold before it got pulled.

Lozza
02-19-2006, 09:38 AM
You mean Sega here, not EA right? ;)

From previous talk, someone said only about 6,000 - 7,000 copies were sold before it got pulled.

Yeah, sorry it was a Sega Sports game and it sold LESS than 6,000 sorry got my info mudled. It's worth 30-50 in my Retro Gamer magazine. Quite alot of money... Shame it's a shit sports game.

Mayhem
02-19-2006, 09:40 AM
I'll give you one guess as to who priced it in Retro Gamer ;)

snes_collector
02-19-2006, 04:57 PM
also what about slot car racers by encore ???

I suppose your talking about Groove Rider: Slot Car Thunder. I've been meaning to pick up a copy myself, probably will next time I run across one. I'd put in under uncommon, I don't see it too much myself.

snes_collector
02-19-2006, 04:58 PM
also what about slot car racers by encore ???

I suppose your talking about Groove Rider: Slot Car Thunder. I've been meaning to pick up a copy myself, probably will next time I run across one. I'd put in under uncommon, I don't see it too much myself.

dojosky
02-20-2006, 05:05 AM
yup ur right ! :D thanks for the edit i will edit my original post thanks again !

Lozza
02-20-2006, 05:43 AM
I'll give you one guess as to who priced it in Retro Gamer ;)

Really? Don't tell me you work on Retro Gamer. I love that magazine...

Mayhem
02-20-2006, 06:35 AM

I've written several articles for the magazine:

- CGE US pre and post report
- Ultima: Escape from Mount Drash article
- Rare games (the one you are referring to)

And I've helped out other writers with some of their articles "behind the scenes" as well.

As I do this freelance (I have a proper paying job at HP here!), then my output isn't that frequent, unlike some of my friends who write for a living.

I've got an article coming up in issue #22 for the new RG, all about Impossible Mission, so I hope you enjoy it ;)

Lozza
02-20-2006, 06:57 AM

I've written several articles for the magazine:

- CGE US pre and post report
- Ultima: Escape from Mount Drash article
- Rare games (the one you are referring to)

And I've helped out other writers with some of their articles "behind the scenes" as well.

As I do this freelance (I have a proper paying job at HP here!), then my output isn't that frequent, unlike some of my friends who write for a living.

I've got an article coming up in issue #22 for the new RG, all about Impossible Mission, so I hope you enjoy it ;)

I was thinking about getting a subscription. It's not just a magazine, it's like an oxford reference guide to buying and selling games. One of the best magazines I've ever read (obviously the best games magazine). Buy HP do you mean the printer manufacturer?

Mayhem
02-20-2006, 09:34 AM
Yeah, that HP, but I'm an ex-red (Compaq) person merged into the company when the two came together. HP is more than just printers; they do services, hosting, PCs, scanners, cameras, and what I'm involved with, NonStop.

PapaStu
02-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Possibly mentioned, but since this has only been out a week or three (and since Mayhem's got telly-vision as his avitar) Chibi-Robo is going to be a toughie to get pretty damn soon.

We got it last night and its got that totally quirky Japanese style game down pat. Its an excelent purchase, just not quite worth the $50 it's currently costing.

Mayhem
02-20-2006, 05:31 PM
You knows it, Chibi Robo is the shitnaz currently on the Cube here ;)

I'm not sure where the "not worth $50" comes from though as you're looking at over 20 hours of gameplay probably to complete it (from those I know who've beaten it). I'm on about 12 hours so far with a ranking of #4, but there's still lots more to go...

And there's some interesting stuff in there... family disfunction? Divorce? Hardly kiddy stuff here me thinks. Plus talking frogs, a dog that hates you, eggs on patrol, a mummy in love, aliens, a woode pirate, a giant robot and the cutest flying lovable television ever made heh.

dbiersdorf
02-20-2006, 06:28 PM
From a consumer stand point Chibi Robo seems more like a gimmick game - a concept idea, kind of like Katamari Damacy, and really doesn't seem to hold $50 of substance.

From a buisness standpoint, it seems rather arrogant that Nintendo thinks they can take a game straight from corners of Japan, with no big name license and expect it to sell. At the highest give it to consumers for $40, reel in the ones interested, and when sales drop lower it to $30 and get those on the fence. Even games like Battalion Wars, Fire Emblem and Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat had some kind of familiar license, and an installed fanbase, and all sold like crap, where the hell does Nintendo get the idea anyone wants to lay down $50 on some random game?

Mayhem
02-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Strange you mention Katamari here... for in the UK, EA have priced the sequel at 40 GBP (or $70) when it retailed for $30 in the US. Hopefully it will still sell due to the word-of-mouth and the lack of a release here for the first game.

On the other hand, Sony are selling Shadow of the Colossus in the limited version for 30 GBP (standard PS2 game price) instead...

dbiersdorf
02-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Well Namco did it right in America by releasing it at $30 (both the original and the sequel) as I know the first one sold reasonably well. It's pretty much guarenteed Chibi Robo will sell like ass.

PapaStu
02-20-2006, 07:02 PM
You knows it, Chibi Robo is the shitnaz currently on the Cube here ;)

I'm not sure where the "not worth $50" comes from though as you're looking at over 20 hours of gameplay probably to complete it (from those I know who've beaten it). I'm on about 12 hours so far with a ranking of #4, but there's still lots more to go...

And there's some interesting stuff in there... family disfunction? Divorce? Hardly kiddy stuff here me thinks. Plus talking frogs, a dog that hates you, eggs on patrol, a mummy in love, aliens, a woode pirate, a giant robot and the cutest flying lovable television ever made heh.

It may be a 20 hour game, but its alot like Zelda Wind Waker was/is. Where most of that time comes from traveling back and forth (rather obviously) rather than doing missions/dungeons/quests and whatnot. I personally had no issues with it being 50 as i'm insane and pay that much for good and interesting games weither they are worth it or not. I just think that it being priced as high as it is shoots it out of a general populous that could actually like the game but would be put off by its price and not its quirkyness.

Again, not that it matters, the major mags are mostly giving it alright scores and a fiddy buck price tag means R@R3 in the future for us collectors.

sisko
02-24-2006, 05:34 PM
Again, not that it matters, the major mags are mostly giving it alright scores and a fiddy buck price tag means R@R3 in the future for us collectors.

Mediocre ratings and a $50 may mean "ZOMGOBLLERS DA R4RZORz," but mediocre ratings, high price tag, and pitiful sales will likely result in a price drop. I wouldn't be suprised to see the game go down in price by about $20 within the next two months.

sisko
02-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Disney Party?

Not as hard to find as the Disney Sports games, but definitely not a game I see everywhere.

PapaStu
02-26-2006, 11:10 PM

Mediocre ratings and a $50 may mean "ZOMGOBLLERS DA R4RZORz," but mediocre ratings, high price tag, and pitiful sales will likely result in a price drop. I wouldn't be suprised to see the game go down in price by about $20 within the next two months.

Yeah, but its a Nintendo published title. They've been really dragging in price drops. I remember waiting forever for Avalanche 1080 to drop.

Neo Rasa
02-27-2006, 12:24 AM
Well Namco did it right in America by releasing it at $30 (both the original and the sequel)

Actually the first one retailed in the US for $19.99. Only the sequel came out at $29.99.

Someone mentioned that Geist may become rare in the future but I seriously doubt it. Chains like Toys R Us warehoused a massive number of them (and they're already on permanent clearance of $9.99 there). It's the Syphon Filter 3 of this generation.

I wonder if an uncensored version of Hitman 2: Silent Assassin ever made it to the prototype phase? It must have since the PS2 and XBox versions actually came out in stores, the GC one coming out later only to change the content on "all" copies. I would think this would be the hypothetical holy grail of US releases if you're counting prototypes or betas.

dbiersdorf
02-27-2006, 01:12 AM
Uh, no, the original Katamari Damacy retailed at $30. I can guarentee that.

Neo Rasa
02-27-2006, 01:46 AM

Ever since the game reached US stores it's had an MSRP of $19.99, I applied the price stickers myself. If you saw it being sold for more than that in the US then you got ripped off. :P

http://games.ign.com/articles/550/550298p1.html
http://www.indews.com/archives/NamcosKatamariDamacyNowAvailable.php
http://www.namco.com/corporate/pressreleases/?id=4

sisko
02-27-2006, 02:20 AM

I can guarantee that it was $20 with a scan of the receipt with the launch date. Second was $30.

I agree that Geist will NEVER be rare. In the end, it will be the Perfect Dark of this generation. 5 years down the road, you will still have no problem buying a sealed copy for $5.

PapaStu
02-27-2006, 05:57 PM
I wonder if an uncensored version of Hitman 2: Silent Assassin ever made it to the prototype phase? It must have since the PS2 and XBox versions actually came out in stores, the GC one coming out later only to change the content on "all" copies. I would think this would be the hypothetical holy grail of US releases if you're counting prototypes or betas.

I'm pretty sure that didn't happen with the cube. I'm also pretty sure that the PS2 one came out well before the Xbox and Cube ones did and as far as I know, only the PS2 one got dual releases. I've never seen the different text colors on any XBox versions and my eye catches stuff like that.