PDA

View Full Version : GBA Mega Man Anniversary / Mega Man Mania (UPDATE)

davidbrit2
02-28-2005, 02:39 PM
http://gameboy.ign.com/mail/?fromint=1

The second to last entry.

HULK SMASH.

towerofsong
02-28-2005, 02:42 PM
argh, I was looking forward to that

Bluteg
02-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Maybe they will replace it with a DS version and include some games from the X series? *drools*

Cauterize
02-28-2005, 02:47 PM
:( :( :( :(

*me cries*

Muscelli
02-28-2005, 02:51 PM
gba is now just about dead( to me, anyway).. face it, DS IS the next gameboy, no matter what they say

davidbrit2
02-28-2005, 03:03 PM
gba is now just about dead( to me, anyway).. face it, DS IS the next gameboy, no matter what they say

No, DS is the next Game Gear if they keep up this publishing schedule. Ha ha. But anyway, yeah, there aren't too many more great looking GBA games coming down the pipe, and this certainly won't help any.

jajaja
02-28-2005, 03:33 PM
damnit :(
I realy hope they make this anyway. Was looking forward to it.

Crush Crawfish
02-28-2005, 03:51 PM
LALALALLALALALLALALALLALAL NOT LISTENING LALALALALALALALA

:Is in denial:

EB games still has it scheduled for a july release...I hope it still comes out! If not, at least I've got a new holy grail to look for, a proto of this game.

NintendoMan
02-28-2005, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I just read this.
I just got out my Pre-Order ticket and the date says I pre-ordered this game in October of '03. I pre-ordered thhe MegaMan Ann. for GBA then, at my local Gamestop.

I wonder if I get my money back if this game doesn't come out? Can any GameStop employees answer this for me?

jajaja
02-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I just read this.
I just got out my Pre-Order ticket and the date says I pre-ordered this game in October of '03. I pre-ordered thhe MegaMan Ann. for GBA then, at my local Gamestop.

I wonder if I get my money back if this game doesn't come out? Can any GameStop employees answer this for me?

Have you already payed for a game that is suppose to be out in months?

Crush Crawfish
02-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I just read this.

Yeah, you can get your money back, I beleive. I know that you can even transfer the reserve to a different game if you want.

MegaDrive20XX
02-28-2005, 03:58 PM
If all else fails, it'll be one of the last GBA titles to be released at this rate

Making it a DS port would be a bad and too late of an idea I think.

What they should do, is the next Mega Man X Collection, should have a bonus feature to unlock the GameBoy collection

NintendoMan
02-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I just read this.

Have you already payed for a game that is suppose to be out in months?

Yes, I paid full price for it, well like 29.99 plus tax I believe.
Back when I pre-ordered it in Oct. of '03, the game was SUPOSSED to be released in Jan. '04. As we all know now that didin't happen.

NintendoMan
02-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I just read this.

Yeah, you can get your money back, I beleive. I know that you can even transfer the reserve to a different game if you want.

Thanks!
I will just transfer it to another game then, IF it doesn't come out.

Jive3D
02-28-2005, 05:03 PM
DS is the next Game Gear if they keep up this publishing schedule.

You hit the nail right on the head. They had better ramp up the support soon. N's waiting to release some ground breaking info until the time of the PSP release will take some of Sony's thunder, but I don't know if they understand that magnitude by which they are pissing me off.

Back on topic - yeah it seems like no one will buy it outside of hardcore MM fans - but releasing it on the DS? What, with Touchscreen manus? Unless they make a load of cool megaman mini games, I dont see the point. The DS needs games that truly utilize it's features.

Bluteg
02-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Back on topic - yeah it seems like no one will buy it outside of hardcore MM fans - but releasing it on the DS? What, with Touchscreen manus? Unless they make a load of cool megaman mini games, I dont see the point. The DS needs games that truly utilize it's features.

They are releasing a new Castlevania for the DS so why not? Also the DS could handle the the Mega Man games for PSX much better I'm sure.

GobopopRevisited
02-28-2005, 10:58 PM
MMAC on DS plus Tronne Bonne would mak me a happy camper! ...or include some of the other MM*GB* games. eXtreme 1 and 2, and Battle Fighters on NGPC.

shep
02-28-2005, 11:00 PM
That really sucks I was looking forward to that title, hardcore.

Jive3D
03-01-2005, 12:28 AM

They are releasing a new Castlevania for the DS so why not? Also the DS could handle the the Mega Man games for PSX much better I'm sure.

You know what, you're right. I just realized an error in my whole "DS games must utilize the system's features" banter...remember when Sony said. all PS game must be 3D? I disagreed with that, and it's kinda similar to what I said about the DS games needing to utilize what it can do. I'd buy a MMCollection on DS any day of the week - but it doesnt change the fact that I'm another frustrated DS fan who feels like my "nose has been out in the cold too long..."

boatofcar
03-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Maybe it will be released with the revamped GBA SP, if that is real and comes out in December....it wou ld give me a reason to replace my current SP...

GrandAmChandler
01-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Well due to recent sightings on estarland & ebgames.com I have decided to revise this thread. Slated for a 2/16/06 release. This really needs to come out, I can't see them just canning something like this that would sell well... Anyways here are the links, post more if you have more info.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/241085.asp

http://www.estarland.com/GameBoyAdv.cat..product.16571.html

-Chris

Leo_A
01-11-2006, 07:28 PM
EB needs a release date to have the game entered into its database. It's been routinely cycled back as each release date they entered approaches. I wouldn't hold your breath that this one is going to be the real deal.

zektor
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
It has been way to long for this release. I think it really would be safe to say that Capcom revised it for the DS, and that is where we will be seeing the collection released. But, again, a GBA version had been in production...probably completed months and months ago. I wouldn;t doubt a prototype emerges someday soon.

Lothars
01-14-2006, 01:19 AM
yeah I read that a while ago but I still hold out hope

who knows if it will be released but we can hope :D

lol monster
01-14-2006, 07:45 AM
it isn't on ebgames anymore

sadness

jajaja
01-15-2006, 01:57 PM
Gamespot still have it listed. No news about it being canceled.

Lady Jaye
01-15-2006, 02:19 PM
I wish that Capcom would actually make an announcement, any kind of announcement to let people know that it's either cancelled, or simply delayed (again) or being converted as a DS title. You know... shed some light on the situation.

Bratwurst
01-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Eh, I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom made this a late late ultra tardy release for the GBA. They've got a history of supporting systems on life support.

MegaDrive20XX
01-16-2006, 07:02 PM
I decided to do some research, I called and even e-mailed Capcom.com about this and here's the e-mail they sent me

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Capcom U.S.A., Inc. This game is on indefinite
hold and has no current release date. Unfortunately there are many false
release dates being speculated by retailers. We appreciate your
continued support of Capcom products!

Thank you,

CAPCOM Customer Service

Pretty straight to the point I'd say.

Mayhem
01-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Well at least it hasn't been cancelled. Yet.

Rabid Peanut-Butter
01-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Well, they just released Mega Man X Collection, so mabye now they can finish this one up... I hope. I just really wanna play MMV in color.

cr0n0
01-17-2006, 08:27 AM
okay....time to get out my voodoo supplies and start making a capcom doll....uhh...thingy. :roll:

Someone will pay for this. :angry:

Crush Crawfish
01-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Hmm...If I remember correctly, I read in an issue of Play that there were serious problems with the game's development, specifically the loss of the original source code of some of the games. I beleive the article also said that the game would most likely be moved to the DS at this point. I'm still holding onto the hope that this collection sees the light of day at some point. It'd be nice to have these games on a single cart with colorization.

Chema
12-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Hmm...If I remember correctly, I read in an issue of Play that there were serious problems with the game's development, specifically the loss of the original source code of some of the games. I beleive the article also said that the game would most likely be moved to the DS at this point. I'm still holding onto the hope that this collection sees the light of day at some point. It'd be nice to have these games on a single cart with colorization.

i read that too in wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_Classic