PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Legendia coming to the US

link1110
04-12-2005, 05:34 PM
YES! The latest gamne in my favorite RPG series, the Tales series, is coming to America. Tales of Legendia has been announced to be coming here.

Crush Crawfish
04-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiice. I loved tales of symphonia, and If it's anything like that you can be sure I'll be counting down the days to its release! :D Any projected release dates?

howdoin
04-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Tales was indeed one of the best RPG in recent years... too bad I lost interest after 20 hours or so (which seems to be my limit for most games).

Lemmy Kilmister
04-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Do you have any sort of link or anything we could look at? I would like to see some pics or even see the release date.

GaijinPunch
04-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Yeah, is Namco bringing it, or someone else? Odd since they totally ignored Tales of Rebirth (which was actually only medicore). Maybe perhaps b/c Legendia has a lot more 3D than most other Tales games they think it'll do better in the states.

link1110
04-12-2005, 08:27 PM
http://www.namco.com/games/talesoflegendia/

Projected release Winter 2006.

Big Papa Husker
04-12-2005, 08:53 PM
What about Tales of Eternia AKA Tales of Destiny II over here? I'd love to be able to play the game on a PSP with crisper graphics (because of the small screen), no loading time (from what I have heard about the Japanese preview). If anyone knows, is this just a straight port of the PSX version or have things been added to the game like recent re-releases?
Any idea if they are going to release Tales of Phantasia over here as a remake on DS or PSP?

VACRMH
04-12-2005, 09:00 PM
For a second I thought Namco came up with another name so they could release the real TOD2 here.

This is just as good ;)

By the way, anyone think of way for Namco to release Tales of Destiny 2 here? I was thinking something like...

Tales of Destiny - something something something

lendelin
04-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Great! These kinds of RPGs are timeless. Gimme more of the Tales series...:)

Daria
04-12-2005, 11:04 PM
For a second I thought Namco came up with another name so they could release the real TOD2 here.

This is just as good ;)

By the way, anyone think of way for Namco to release Tales of Destiny 2 here? I was thinking something like...

You know... they could just go with Tales of Destiny III. I know, I'm brilliant. (:

DTJAAAAMJSLM
04-13-2005, 01:31 AM
I ordered the Japanese version of ToE a few days ago since a US release looked bleak. I hope I didn't make that decision too early...

Bluteg
04-13-2005, 02:07 AM
This is great news!

Tales of Symphonia was one of the few RPGs I have sat all the way through to complete. I usually loose interest at around 40 hours or so but I clocked in about 70 hours of ToS doing various sidequests after I beat it. I REALLY need to track down Tales of Destiny.

Amano
04-13-2005, 02:33 AM
I'm excited. Tales games are games I never get tired of. Now if they'd just release a US version of both Phantasia and Destiny II (the real one), I'd die happy. Well, almost. :roll:

Drexel923
04-13-2005, 08:49 AM
What about Tales of Eternia AKA Tales of Destiny II over here? I'd love to be able to play the game on a PSP with crisper graphics (because of the small screen), no loading time (from what I have heard about the Japanese preview). If anyone knows, is this just a straight port of the PSX version or have things been added to the game like recent re-releases?

I would also like to know this if anyone has an answer.

As for the new Tales game... :D

I love this series and the more games they bring over the better.

link1110
04-13-2005, 06:03 PM

It's pretty much a straight port with a few minor changes (There's a FMV that was in the american version that wasn't in the japanese version, and they took something out called "EtaPoke"s which were taken out in the american version anyway,) so its like the american version only in japanese and with the camp skits left in. There is some loading time though, it's not as fluid as everyone says.

Aussie2B
04-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Any idea if they are going to release Tales of Phantasia over here as a remake on DS or PSP?

Not unless they remake it for DS or PSP in Japan first, which seems highly unlikely since Japan already has 3 different versions of the game. They've already pretty much milked it for all its worth.

Aussie2B
04-13-2005, 06:21 PM

This is just as good ;)

You know... they could just go with Tales of Destiny III. I know, I'm brilliant. (:

Wouldn't really make sense since the Japanese Tales of Destiny 2 is a direct sequel to Tales of Destiny, while Tales of Eternia was completely unrelated. It would be like if Nintendo released Doki Doki Panic in the US as Super Mario Bros. 2 but changed absolutely nothing but the title. :P (And if the stories of Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 tied together more.)

hezeuschrist
04-13-2005, 06:25 PM

I would also like to know this if anyone has an answer.

As for the new Tales game... :D

I love this series and the more games they bring over the better.

So is this one, Tales of Legendia, for PSP? If so, I might have an irrefutable reason to buy the system.

GaijinPunch
04-13-2005, 10:41 PM
No, it's a PS2 game. It was announced rather quickly, about 2 months after Tales of Rebirth came out.

XxMe2NiKxX
04-13-2005, 10:49 PM
I don't know what the hell namco is doing with their console descisions; find one console and put the series on there, stop switching...

Daria
04-13-2005, 10:58 PM

This is just as good ;)

Wouldn't really make sense since the Japanese Tales of Destiny 2 is a direct sequel to Tales of Destiny, while Tales of Eternia was completely unrelated. It would be like if Nintendo released Doki Doki Panic in the US as Super Mario Bros. 2 but changed absolutely nothing but the title. :P (And if the stories of Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 tied together more.)

Except they've already released Tales of Eternia as ToD2 (which WAS silly). So might as well bump the real ToD2 to ToD3. More like the old Final Fantasy naming convention. It makes more sense then not releasing the game here at all. :P

hezeuschrist
04-14-2005, 12:26 AM
What the hell is going on here?!

Can I get a quick rundown of the tales games, all of them? The only ones I know about Stateside are Tales of Destiny I and II for PSOne, and Symphonia for Gamecube. I own them all, am I missing out on something here, or has most of this stuff just stayed in the East?

FantasiaWHT
04-14-2005, 12:39 AM
Likewise :)

A quick rundown of what japan = what american would be handy :) Something similar to FF IV jp = FF II us, etc. thanks!

Aussie2B
04-14-2005, 12:45 AM
You got all the US releases so far.

It's been pretty much half and half. For some reason they got an every other console game pattern going most of the time:

Phantasia (SFC) - Japan only
Destiny (PSX) - Got a US release
Phantasia (PSX remake) - Japan only
Eternia (PSX) - Got a US release as Destiny II
Destiny II (PS2) - Japan only
Symphonia (GC) - Got a US release
Symphonia (PS2 port) - Japan only
Rebirth (PS2) - Japan only
Legendia (PS) - Looks like it'll get a US release

All the handheld games have stayed in Japan. There was a GBA port of Phantasia (with supposedly wretched audio) and a few various spin-offs.

Daria
04-14-2005, 09:32 AM
It's not a real game, but there's also a "Tales of Fandom" for the PSX (Japan Only obviously). I *think* it was chock full of minigames and artwork.

-Edit-

Handhelds: As Aussie pointed out all Jap releases:

Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon (gbc)
Tales of Phantasia (gba)
Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 (gba)
Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 (gba)

I think that's all of them.

link1110
04-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Handheld:
Tales of the World: Summoners Lineage (GBA)

PDorr3
02-13-2006, 11:25 PM
figured I would give this a bump since the game is out now and I was looking for peoples impressions because I am on the fence on buying this one. I have never played a tales game, so I am unsure of what to expect.

Also this needs to be moved to modern gaming.

hezeuschrist
02-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Well, Tales of Symphonia made my top 25 games list recently and I'm a hardcore SNES RPG fanboy... it's saying a lot for a game to trump some of my childhood favorites. The battle system (for me) was a breath of fresh air, as that was the first Tales game I played. It's really deep but not hard at all to get into, but at times the AI was kinda stupid. The story in that game was effin excellent as well, at least for a "Teenagers save the world(s)" storyline.

According to gamerankings, Symphonia is sitting at 86% and Legendia is sitting at 74%. I haven't read any of the reviews, but if thats any indication I highly suggest you go pick up Symphonia instead. It's players choice now too so you can get it for $20 or less.

I'd assume that Legendia is in the same vein and if I weren't balls deep into DQVIII I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I think I'll need to hold off until after Oblivion though and hopefully pick it up on the cheap.