PDA

View Full Version : Tecmo Classic Arcade for Xbox

MegaDrive20XX
04-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Tecmo announced Tecmo Classic Arcade for Xbox, which includes a compilation of 6 classic titles: Solomon's Key, Tecmo Bowl, Tecmo Basketball, Mighty Bomb Jack, Bomb Jack and Trapt.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

Odd how it's only 6...but still sweet...

Neil Koch
04-27-2005, 05:38 PM
They probably could have put just Tecmo Bowl on there and it'd sell well... that game has so many fans to this day, even people that aren't "retro" gamers still dig it.

petewhitley
04-27-2005, 06:01 PM
If they don't add Xbox Live support for Tecmo Bowl they're missing the opportunity of a lifetime.

shai hulud
04-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Tecmo SUPER Bowl would probably bring in more of an audience. The first game was fun but doesnt even come close to matching the sequel.

Melf
04-27-2005, 06:17 PM
No Tecmo Bowl and Tecmo Knight = no sale.

Damn Tecmo....

rbudrick
04-27-2005, 06:25 PM
No Arcade Ninja Gaiden? Oh Well. Great point with the online Tecmo Bowl....far more popular than the sequel, imo. I'm too lazy to write Tecmo with the idea, but someone should, heh heh.

-Rob

Melf
04-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Ack! That's right! No Ninja Gaiden?

Now I'm really pissed. :angry:

Cthulhu
04-28-2005, 01:53 AM
Unless I'm horribly mistaken (which is possible ^^;) these are all ports of Tecmo arcade games, not NES games. I make this judgement based upon the recent PS2 Tecmo classics release (Japanese), which was all arcade games... and horribly overpriced. It bombed here in Japan since it didn't have many well known games on it and cost far too much.

I'd happily buy a Tecmo collection disk if it had a good number of their 8/16 bit games. :-P

classicb
04-28-2005, 02:02 AM
just so people don't get too excited about the Tecmo Bowl game it is the arcade port which means it's only got those two ficticious teams. Still a fun game but not the NES Tecmo Bowl game we all know and love.

Kejoriv
04-28-2005, 08:37 AM
Sounds like a good compilation. But, I wish they would have included more games. I mean its a freaking dvd. That thing can hold a lot more games.

Hep038
04-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Was there a Tecmo Baseball arcade game? I have only played the NES one.

GrandAmChandler
04-28-2005, 09:41 AM
Depending on the price launch, I must say I am compelled to give this one a look. I am hoping they add more titles between now and release date though. 6 titles is a little slim for an Xbox game..... Hopefully Tecmo will wise up!

Now when are we going to see a Data East Collection :roll:

Melf
04-28-2005, 10:08 AM
So disappointing....

I wanted:

- Eight Forces
- Final Star Force
- Gemini Wing
- Mega Force
- Ninja Gaiden
- RYGAR!!
- Silk Worm
- Strato Fighter
- Tecmo Knight
- Zing Zing Zip the Shooting

Add the six already mentioned, and this would be one hell of a collection. A shmupper's dream!

I do think that it's a travesty that Rygar isn't included. Hopefully Tecmo will realize how weak their compilation is, an add in more games.

swlovinist
04-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Game companies need to buy a f-ing clue when it comes to making a compliation disc. It is that hard to reach in ones companies past to release a best of collection? Cmon Tecmo, you can do better than that. No Ninja Gaiden? Only six games? Everybody knows(I mean everybody) that Tecmo Super Bowl was SO much better. I know it was not an arcade
game, whick really wasn't Tecmo's high point anyways. Tecmo
FIGURE IT OUT!

If it does not have Tecmo Super Bowl or Ninja Gaiden, It better have Xbox live, or screw it!

P.S. No Rygar? Tecmo you SUCK

Daft Punk
04-28-2005, 10:34 AM
just so people don't get too excited about the Tecmo Bowl game it is the arcade port which means it's only got those two ficticious teams. Still a fun game but not the NES Tecmo Bowl game we all know and love.

yeah I don't like the arcade version either .

Booooooooooooo tecmo ! Give us the new remakes pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!1 8-)

fishsandwich
04-28-2005, 10:40 AM
These compilations on DVD really get on my nerves, especially when they have 6 games that probably take up a whole 2% of the available disk space. Waste money in my opinion.

And while they are not arcade games, how about Tecmo's Deception series? I nice port of even the first PSone game might have revived interest in the series for the next-gen platforms.

Silly, silly Tecmo. And cheap.

:/

Crush Crawfish
04-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Gah, what a wasted opportunity. The bomb jack games and solomon's key are pretty cool, but the complete lack of Ninja Gaiden & Rygar is completely insane, especially since the new xbox Gaiden got so popular.

pragmatic insanester
04-28-2005, 10:47 AM
i almost bought ninja gaiden for the x-box thinking there was the arcade version of the game hidden inside. bummer.

vincewy
08-26-2005, 03:47 AM
update:

Rygar is on the list, so is Tecmo Bowl, I'd buy the game just for Rygar and Solomon's Key, for anyone not familiar with Solomon's Key, which I regard as the greatest puzzle game ever (yes even better than Tetris), involving both speed and strategies (50+ levels). I won't get involved in details which can be researched through google.

My mom, who's not a gamer at all, got hooked on this game for 2 years and mastered this game during my high school years. I also remembered arcade owners having to pull this game (Solomon's Key) because a few players who mastered this game and they played a single credit forever, just the type of game arcade owners will never want you play.

The same can also be said about Rygar, which took me 2 years to master and clear all 27 stages without continung, Rygar can be so addictive that some of my fellow players at arcade, when they started playing, put down 10 quarters a day when they started.

With Capcom Classic Collection coming, it seems like there's something missing in current generation games (both arcade and consoles), it's not just the game plays that are lost, but longevity, I can't recall how long those old games (Final Fight, Ghost'n Goblin, Rygar, Solomon's Key) keep me interested, many of those games also have hidden items that keep you coming back and trying for more possibilities. Sure, the current games have good graphics, but it seems once I'm done playing them for a weekend, I lose interest very quickly.

swlovinist
08-26-2005, 11:01 AM
I heard that they are all arcade versions of the games...which makes the Tecmo Bowl game significantly less cool.

Rogmeister
09-15-2005, 09:39 AM
I came across Tecmo Classic Arcade while cruising around Amazon.com yesterday. The write-up states that there are actually 11 games in this compilation: Tecmo Bowl, Rygar, Starforce, Solomon's Key, Bomb Jack, Tecmo Cup, Pinball Action, Pleaids, Senjyo, Swimmer and Strato Fighter. I must confess that I'm unfamiliar with several of these but may pick it up anyway as I do know some of them and I like old arcade collections. The game is priced at $29.99.

s1lence
09-15-2005, 09:49 AM
Seems a little light on games for 29.95. :/

GrandAmChandler
09-15-2005, 09:52 AM
I am sure this will drop in price. There aren't enough titles. They should have mocked Midway's hefty lists on their collections. And slapped a $19.99 price tag on it. $20 is the magic price point for stuff like this..

Unless your name is Megaman. ;)

Rogmeister
09-15-2005, 09:57 AM
You're probably right about the price so maybe I'll wait. There are other games I probably want more anyway. Now if I were a big fan of more of these games...

Streetball 21
09-16-2005, 07:54 PM
I think I'll pass on this one. I'm looking more forward to Midway Arcade Treasures 3 and Capcom Classic Collection, which i think has better games.

Oobgarm
03-30-2006, 08:04 AM
Just a heads up:

I snagged this at Best Buy yesterday for a paltry $9.99.

Not a bad deal, I think.

GrandAmChandler
03-30-2006, 08:40 AM
Moving this to the Modern Forum.

segagamer4life
03-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Nice find..