one is a center sticker and I could probly just use anything and
not worry but the other has a sticker on the picture/Data area
(on the back) and I don't want to kill the disk trying to remove it
but I know it makes the disk offcenter and also don't want to mess
up my Dreamcast either. its a sort of poly plastic sticker thats really
thin with REALLY good adhesive.....Help

kainemaxwell
01-09-2003, 11:33 AM
Why the heck would they put the sticker ON the cd themselves?! What morons...

hydr0x
01-09-2003, 12:46 PM
whats the best way to get those damn stickers/rubber of the cd-cases?

CrazyImpmon
01-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Soak the whole disk in a tub of Goo-Gone? Try this with a common disk that aren't worth anything first to make sure nothing does go wrong.

If that doesn't work, you're SOL as forcing the sticker off would likely result in getting the data layer peeled off as well.

Captain Wrong
01-09-2003, 09:06 PM
A sticker that's on the disc itself (as opposed to the center hub) is really a problem. First you gotta ask yourself, is it worth rendering this disc useless to get the sticker off?

I think Impmon has a good idea. I'd say if that doesn't cut it, leave it.

bargora
01-10-2003, 10:45 AM
So let me get this straight--the rental place puts a sticker of some sort on the disc, on the non-shiny side. If you pull it off, it can take some of the disc material with it, ruining your disc? Yikes.

Happy_Dude
01-10-2003, 11:11 AM
So let me get this straight--the rental place puts a sticker of some sort on the disc, on the non-shiny side. If you pull it off, it can take some of the disc material with it, ruining your disc? Yikes.
See the thing is the sticker is made of a plastic and it cant peel off, you
just end up with little peices of plastic sticker edge everywhere and I
think the rather aggressive scraping requiered to remove such a sticker
could damage the data layer on the GD ROM. Not a nice prospect.

The F-ed up thing is I don't care about the one with the center sticker
but the one with the sticker on the disk is a good game and I want to
get it right first time you know ;) @_@

zektor
01-11-2003, 12:45 AM
Tar and Bug remover should do the trick. I have had cd's stickered from Blockbuster a long while back that were those chrome kind of stickers in which you pealed them and they would leave like a "void" stamp. It worked fine using this stuff.

Happy_Dude
01-11-2003, 01:03 AM
Tar and Bug remover should do the trick. I have had cd's stickered from Blockbuster a long while back that were those chrome kind of stickers in which you pealed them and they would leave like a "void" stamp. It worked fine using this stuff.
Is that like the blue WD-40. I'll have to try it on the center sticker first.

DDCecil
01-11-2003, 03:32 PM
I ruined a Grandia 2 DC disk by trying to pull of that stupid layer...

jonjandran
01-11-2003, 11:17 PM
De-Natured Alcohol works the best on cd's. You cant use it on labels on carts because it will make them fade ( you can ude it on the cart itself).. But on a cd or a cd case, peel off most of the sticker by hand and fingernail. Then put some denatured alcohol on the left over residue and rub it with your finger until you can't feel it anymore and then wipe with a clean cloth. This will not hurt either side of the cd or case. I've done it a hundred times. Oh by the way get it at lowes or home depot for about $4 a bottle.

Happy_Dude
01-11-2003, 11:22 PM
I wish :roll:

The sticker dosent peel, it just flakes off. But the Adhesive underneath
is really strong, not quite super glue but its not gonna peel off to easy :(

GENESISNES
01-12-2003, 07:15 PM
what game is it? were not talking giga wing 2 here are we? or just your plain old run of the mill NFL2K?

Happy_Dude
01-12-2003, 11:53 PM
It's only a Snow Surfers but D.C games arn't easy to find around here
and the Prices are going up :(

I scraped the center sticker off (atom by atom >:( ) and it didn't do any damage
so I'm just gonna try that on the other disc.
But they also put this same sticker on the Manual >:(

Oobgarm
01-18-2003, 07:34 PM
I tried to remove one on an Aerowings 2 disc. The disc ended up destroyed. I hate those damn "disc shield" things, and I notice that they're starting to put them on Gamecube games too.

kainemaxwell
01-19-2003, 09:41 AM
I just discovered there's those Blockbuster rental stickers on my copy of DC Fur Fighters..oh well.