PDA

View Full Version : Bully

kainemaxwell
06-29-2005, 10:12 AM
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/616/616925p1.html

Rockstar's newest title in development is one that comes from the schoolyards instead of the mean streets (previewed also in GI 147). What are your thoughts on this title and its premise?

chrisbid
06-29-2005, 10:23 AM
long overdue, hopefully they will go ahead and give this an M rating, and give you the option to shoot up your classmates and/or invite the ramones to school to blow it up :)

Gamereviewgod
06-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Rockstar has said they're aiming for T. Just give it some time before politicians pick up on it regardless.

Kroogah
06-29-2005, 10:36 AM
Tonight on The Idiot Show, there's a new video game that could turn YOUR CHILD into a BULLY! More on this story after we talk about sharks, killer bees, Michael Jackson, and other things you should be afraid of.

I love the premise for this game, Rockstar is obviously loving all the publicity their games are tailor-made to generate. I'm buyin' it. Used.

Neil Koch
06-29-2005, 10:37 AM
I'm a pretty big Rockstar fan, but I'm kind of "meh" on this game at this point... seems like a watered-down GTA.

kainemaxwell
06-29-2005, 10:55 AM
Rockstar has said they're aiming for T. Just give it some time before politicians pick up on it regardless.
Yeah, politicians urged on by soccer moms anyway.

jajaja
06-29-2005, 11:50 AM
This game looks really sick, worse than GTA. Hope it gets banned. If you are a bully and the goal is to beat up nerds its crazy.

Muscelli
06-29-2005, 11:55 AM
this game looks pretty fun to me... I am probably buying a ps2 for this

MarioAllStar2600
06-29-2005, 12:11 PM
This game looks really sick, worse than GTA. Hope it gets banned. If you are a bully and the goal is to beat up nerds its crazy.
Wow, so you think GTA should be banned to? That comment means you are on the side of all those lawsuits against GTA and manhunt....

I am looking foward to this game. It looks different and like alot of fun. I am not sure where they can go with the story plot though. You beat up kids, and in the end probably find out your wrong doings and/or get expelled from school. How complex can the story honestly be?

CartCollector
06-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Personally, I think it can't be THAT bad. EGM reported that Rockstar would not be going for a GTA level of violence. I'm guessing it would turn out more like a Roald Dahl (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) book and less like a 50 Cent song.

Sanriostar
06-29-2005, 12:19 PM
If I can be the one who puts the fear of God into the bullies (I.E. with a baseball bat or gardening tool) I'd get it.

...can you tell I got picked on a lot in school? :roll:

BrokenFlight
06-29-2005, 12:21 PM
[ You beat up kids, and in the end probably find out your wrong doings and/or get expelled from school. How complex can the story honestly be?

Beat up teachers? Steal lunch money to buy that pack of nudie playing cards?LOL

I seriously don't think this game should be made. Car jacking and killing hundreds of people is fantasy and can't really be done easily in real life, which is why GTA is fine. A game about bullying will most likely encourage real life bullying because it's something that can easily be mimicked. Schools have already gone to the crapper, few students respect each other and teachers get abused all the time. A game like this will only make things worse.

pragmatic insanester
06-29-2005, 12:24 PM
BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THAT THERE WILL ONLY BE BULLIES IN REAL LIFE IF THEY ARE DEPICTED IN VIDEO GAMES.

seriously, you guys pull half of these arguments out of your asses without fully wiping.

The Plucky Little Ninja
06-29-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm guessing it would turn out more like a Roald Dahl (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) book and less like a 50 Cent song.

The concept sounds like it was just made to offend, but from the write-up it does look like it could take a Roald Dahl style surreal approach. From the look of the screen shots I'd guess you'll be ripping it up at an academy full of rich little bastards.

Daria
06-29-2005, 12:27 PM
Actually the article said your character's the one beating up the bullies.

Not to mention the problems we have with school violence are generally found in public schools, while this game seems to poke fun at the elitist mentality found in the sterotypical private academy. Not that rich kids don't have their problems too, but it's hardly cashing in on the columbine senario.

MarioAllStar2600
06-29-2005, 12:33 PM
EGM said you are a kid who has had a very tough life, kicked out of many schools and are a bully who doesn't fit in. You guys need to stop complaining though, All you are doing is feeding into the belief that games can affect how people act in real life. And when true gamers start agreeing with that were done for. Goodbye M rated games! It's a joke.... I am picked on, but i'm not gunna blame it on a freaking game. Everybody should know the difference between real life and entertainment. Everyone who said GTA shouldn't be banned and this game should is a hipicrit, bigtime. (that how you spell it?)

Sosage
06-29-2005, 01:05 PM
I'm very excited to see Rockstar working with this concept. What better setting is there for them to inject their own brand of social commentary than in the politics of a school yard? Even if you hate GTA or Manhunt, you have to at least appreciate their willingness to try a completely different setting. I mean...just look at all the damn fantasy, modern warfare or alien/future crisis concepts that are being shoved down our throats right now by every other publisher. :/

Lothars
06-29-2005, 01:14 PM
EGM said you are a kid who has had a very tough life, kicked out of many schools and are a bully who doesn't fit in. You guys need to stop complaining though, All you are doing is feeding into the belief that games can affect how people act in real life. And when true gamers start agreeing with that were done for. Goodbye M rated games! It's a joke.... I am picked on, but i'm not gunna blame it on a freaking game. Everybody should know the difference between real life and entertainment. Everyone who said GTA shouldn't be banned and this game should is a hipicrit, bigtime. (that how you spell it?)

Well I think that no games like this or like GTA should be banned

especially since there really is nothing wrong with the gta game,

It's stupid congressmen that really make it really annoying, but maybe im just crazy which is definitly possible

now im also definitly looking forward to this game, just to rent it's an interesting premise.

jajaja
06-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Wow, so you think GTA should be banned to? That comment means you are on the side of all those lawsuits against GTA and manhunt....

I am looking foward to this game. It looks different and like alot of fun. I am not sure where they can go with the story plot though. You beat up kids, and in the end probably find out your wrong doings and/or get expelled from school. How complex can the story honestly be?

GTA = mafia stuff. Sure, you can kill sivilans, but thats not the goal of the game.
Bully = goal of the game is to beat up (maybe even kill?) innocent "nerds"? You compare that to GTA?..

If you looking forward to play a game where the goal is to beat up kids (if thats the goal) I would say you have a problem.

Sure, i wouldnt mind if manhunt got banned. I hoped it would, same with Postal 2.

You beat up kids, and in the end probably find out your wrong doings and/or get expelled from school. How complex can the story honestly be?

I doubt that. Whats the point if you "lose" no matter what you do in the game. That would be like you got caught and go lifetime in jail in all GTA games at the end.

bargora
06-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Holy shit. Looks like most of you morons didn't bother reading the article linked in the first post. Way to go.

You know who you are.

evildead2099
06-29-2005, 01:46 PM
Holy shit. Looks like most of you morons didn't bother reading the article linked in the first post. Way to go.

You know who you are.

I wondered the same thing myself. :roll:

hezeuschrist
06-29-2005, 02:01 PM

GTA = mafia stuff. Sure, you can kill sivilans, but thats not the goal of the game.
Bully = goal of the game is to beat up (maybe even kill?) innocent "nerds"? You compare that to GTA?..

If you looking forward to play a game where the goal is to beat up kids (if thats the goal) I would say you have a problem.

Sure, i wouldnt mind if manhunt got banned. I hoped it would, same with Postal 2.

You beat up kids, and in the end probably find out your wrong doings and/or get expelled from school. How complex can the story honestly be?

I doubt that. Whats the point if you "lose" no matter what you do in the game. That would be like you got caught and go lifetime in jail in all GTA games at the end.

HERE YOU GO, DIPSHIT:

"Mixing drama and comedy into a single story, Bully follows a schoolboy named Jimmy Hopkins and his adventures in the fictitional "Bullworth Academy." Corrupt from the inside out, the school is overflowing with crooked higher-ups, wicked schoolmates, and a whole mess of bothersome bullies. Throughout this escapade, Jimmy will have to stand up to cruel classmates, pursue a love interest, put up with teachers that pick on him, and play pranks on a mess of annoying little buggers from all over the campus."

STOP PREACHING, ASSHOLE.

nate1749
06-29-2005, 02:35 PM
Pursue a love interest? I hope we can bang the teachers too.

Although since female bullying and violence is increasingly on the rise in america, I think you should be able to choose to be a girl too. Plus girls seem to have thicker plots and be much worse in the end (would be great for a game) with their never ending taunting. Where guys just physically fight, then whoever wins is king of the hill and it's settled.

Yeah, face value a guy bully makes sense, but for the thick plot, a girl would be a better fit I think.

It's been less than 5 years since I was in high school, things couldn't have changed that much.

Nate

AFGiant
06-29-2005, 02:54 PM
I think it looks like a fun title. I may pick it up.

BrokenFlight
06-29-2005, 03:17 PM
Hmm. I'm not sure whether or not to take back what I said before. At first to me it seemed like you were supposed to go from the underdog to top notch schoolyard bully, by bullying. It's not entirely clear from that paragraph quoted above.

BTW there was no need to get agressive about it "you didn't read it, dipshits" etc, but no hard feelings.

jajaja
06-29-2005, 03:34 PM

HERE YOU GO, DIPSHIT:

"Mixing drama and comedy into a single story, Bully follows a schoolboy named Jimmy Hopkins and his adventures in the fictitional "Bullworth Academy." Corrupt from the inside out, the school is overflowing with crooked higher-ups, wicked schoolmates, and a whole mess of bothersome bullies. Throughout this escapade, Jimmy will have to stand up to cruel classmates, pursue a love interest, put up with teachers that pick on him, and play pranks on a mess of annoying little buggers from all over the campus."

STOP PREACHING, ASSHOLE.

Wow.. you have some issues. Do you have something against me? If so, send me a PM and we can solve it.

Daria
06-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Wow.. you have some issues. Do you have something against me? If so, send me a PM and we can solve it.

I don't think its you, just your apparent illiteracy.

jajaja
06-29-2005, 03:39 PM

I don't think its you, just your illiteracy.

I just found it strange that he went crazy when I havnt done him anything. No idea why.. Maybe a kid, dunno..
Ah well, as I said, i didnt know what this game was about. That is why I had question marks. So if anyone have a problem that I wrote like this, send me a PM instead and we can take it there instead.

Aswald
06-29-2005, 04:13 PM
Looks like yet another lame game that's going to rely on "controversy" to sell. Such games usually end up in second-hand stores within a few months.

Aswald
06-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Looks like yet another lame game that's going to rely on "controversy" to sell. Such games usually end up in second-hand stores within a few months.

Daria
06-29-2005, 05:27 PM

I just found it strange that he went crazy when I havnt done him anything. No idea why.. Maybe a kid, dunno..
Ah well, as I said, i didnt know what this game was about. That is why I had question marks. So if anyone have a problem that I wrote like this, send me a PM instead and we can take it there instead.

Not fair you erased the quote where you asked "What's illiteracy?"

hezeuschrist
06-29-2005, 05:28 PM

Ignorance and disrespect are the only two character traits I sincerely despise about a person, and I let those people know. At the moment, you fall into the former.

As for the game itself, it looks to be a true departure from Rockstars shock value sellers. The way that article was written makes it seem like it could be a lighthearted romp through the schoolyard with a bit of comedy. Almost like "Revenge of the Nerds: The Videogame"

I'll definitely keep an eye out for it though, sounds interesting.

jajaja
06-29-2005, 05:31 PM

Ignorance and disrespect are the only two character traits I sincerely despise about a person, and I let those people know. At the moment, you fall into the former.

As for the game itself, it looks to be a true departure from Rockstars shock value sellers. The way that article was written makes it seem like it could be a lighthearted romp through the schoolyard with a bit of comedy. Almost like "Revenge of the Nerds: The Videogame"

I'll definitely keep an eye out for it though, sounds interesting.

Disrespect? .. What on earth are you talking about? Show me please. All I did was state my opinion. Are you confusing this with something else maybe?
I didnt mean to be disrespectful to anyone.
If you think I was disrespectful you might want to see what you wrote to me. You are disrespectful to me.

ECWSandmanECW
06-29-2005, 06:07 PM
Ill buy this, can't believe someone hasn't thought of this earlier.

Crush Crawfish
06-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Interesting. This is the first rockstar to actually have a concept that appeals to me. I really like the idea of getting revenge on bullies and corrupt teachers. Though personally I wish they'd take a more unrealistic approach to it. Like you could get revenge by training to become a ninja and defeating the bullies in ninja combat or something. I dunno, just bein' weird. :/ Either way, I'll keep an eye on this one.

Cav
06-29-2005, 08:36 PM

Wow. Just wow.

"Hope it gets banned." Let's say that over and over....

"Hope it gets banned."

Wow. O_O

Crush Crawfish
06-29-2005, 08:41 PM

Wow. Just wow.

"Hope it gets banned."

Wow. O_O

Did you actually read the article? It's about standing up to bullies, not being one. I see nothing ban-worthy about that.

squidblatt
06-29-2005, 09:32 PM

Disrespect? .. What on earth are you talking about? Show me please. All I did was state my opinion. Are you confusing this with something else maybe?
I didnt mean to be disrespectful to anyone.
If you think I was disrespectful you might want to see what you wrote to me. You are disrespectful to me.

[pedantic drivel] He's calling you ignorant. If he said "the latter," then he would've called you disrespectful. [/pedantic drivel]

Anyway, I like the look of this game. The thing about Rockstar's games is that they present an environment in which violence or offensive behavior becomes a healthy course of action. If the worlds they presented were actually realistic, then I could better understand the moral outrage. People would be in a better position to judge if the action were understood to exist within the artificial moral context of the gameworld.

jajaja
06-30-2005, 02:06 AM

Wow. Just wow.

"Hope it gets banned."

Wow. O_O

Did you actually read the article? It's about standing up to bullies, not being one. I see nothing ban-worthy about that.

No, thats why I had questions. Was too lazy to read. I admit it, everyone happy now?
Of course not. If the game its about standing up and beat the hell out of bullies it would be awesome! Then it shouldnt be banned. I was thinking it was the oposite way. Thanks for telling me instead of comming with some idiotic remark :)

It feels like someone took my comments as critisism or something. That was never the intention from my side. Sorry if it seemed like that.
But some kids here are strange, dont know why. Instead of telling what the game was really about they are getting all upset or something because I write something hehe, really strange.
Ah well.. its their problem. I dont want to argue and fight over alittle thing like this. Unnessesary waste of energy.
Have a nice summer :)

Cav
06-30-2005, 06:28 AM
Hmmm....how about it shouldn't be banned because it would go against the First Amendment?

I realize I'm in real serious "Off Topic" territory here, but when people throw the word "banned" around in a cavalier manner it always shocks me to the core.

"I don't like the content of this product, so therefore the government should ban it."

I'm sure there are countless threads here and elsewhere about the First Amendment and I'm not about to go back and forth on it, but I will recommend you do a few Google searches on the subject.

Elusive
06-30-2005, 06:31 AM
This is sickening. Rockstar have hit a new low.

bargora
06-30-2005, 10:56 AM

You know who you are.

SuperNES
06-30-2005, 01:41 PM
1. can anyone say "first amendment"?
2. everyone needs to learn how to spell.
3. postal 2 is awesome.

Daria
07-01-2005, 08:33 AM
No, thats why I had questions. Was too lazy to read. I admit it, everyone happy now?

You know the whole concept behind a message board is reading and writing. If you're only doing 50% of the work you're going to come off as a dumbass.

But some kids here are strange, dont know why. Instead of telling what the game was really about they are getting all upset or something because I write something hehe, really strange.

Yeah let me tell you it's really bizarre expect you to read a news article before flying off the handle and posting a bunch of really negative and specific opinions on the subject matter. We're just so weird.

How about this? You post your home phone so next time someone posts a news article we can just call you up and read it directly to you that way you won't have to worry about spraining your brain with all these hard to grasp letters and words.

Ah well.. its their problem.

Damn literacy. It's a fucking epidemic I tell you.

jajaja
07-01-2005, 08:48 AM

You know the whole concept behind a message board is reading and writing. If you're only doing 50% of the work you're going to come off as a dumbass.

Yeah let me tell you it's really bizarre expect you to read a news article before flying off the handle and posting a bunch of really negative and specific opinions on the subject matter. We're just so weird.

How about this? You post your home phone so next time someone posts a news article we can just call you up and read it directly to you that way you won't have to worry about spraining your brain with all these hard to grasp letters and words.

Ah well.. its their problem.

Damn literacy. It's a fucking epidemic I tell you.

:roll:

Hep038
07-01-2005, 08:51 AM
How about this? You post your home phone so next time someone posts a news article we can just call you up and read it directly to you

LOL Ok that was pretty funny, Now I keep getting the idea in my head of the DP news crew. It would be like a wake up call at a hotel. If we did have this I am guessing some people would be losing a ton of meseta.

QBert
07-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Wow. It's a game where you either beat up people, or get beat up by people. Only at school.
OMG!! We'd better get a petition going to get this game banned, before there is all kinds of bullying and fights going on at schools all over the world!! X_x

Check yourself people.

How many games have there been where you are beating up on, or getting beaten by a character? Hundreds. I'm not even going to list any....they've been around forever. This is not a new concept. x_x
Now I don't see a problem with this game, but thats my opinion.

There seems to be three types of people fall into regarding this thread.
Person A - Bullies
Person B - kids who got bullied as a kid
Person C - Average people who don't let minor things get to them.

We don't need to be arguing and calling each other names over the Internet......we should all go back to the schoolyard and resolve it like children trying to be tough and fight it out, instead of being little adults and arguing like bitches. :)

jajaja
07-01-2005, 09:46 AM
How about this? You post your home phone so next time someone posts a news article we can just call you up and read it directly to you

LOL Ok that was pretty funny, Now I keep getting the idea in my head of the DP news crew. It would be like a wake up call at a hotel. If we did have this I am guessing some people would be losing a ton of meseta.

Ye i do agree :) But I would never give my phonenumber to strangers. Sorry Daria.

Gamereviewgod
08-01-2005, 10:55 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/01/news_6130128.html

Jack Thompson is BACK!

:angry:

euronymous
08-01-2005, 10:59 PM
This game looks stupid Rockstar only made one good game and that was Manhunt GTA is a joke

hbkprm
08-01-2005, 11:02 PM
what jackass whould play this type of shit

Arcade Antics
08-01-2005, 11:59 PM
And on line 2, we have Pot and Kettle...
If you don't have anything to contribute, please don't post.

Mr.FoodMonster
08-02-2005, 12:23 AM
And on line 2, we have Pot and Kettle...
If you don't have anything to contribute, please don't post.
Everything this guy has posted so far has been like this, he hasn't had anything to contribute in all of his 18 posts.

djbeatmongrel
08-02-2005, 02:22 AM
This game looks stupid Rockstar only made one good game and that was Manhunt GTA is a joke

Heh obviously you have no clue about Manhunt, yes it takes place withing the GTA universe but it is NOT a GTA title nor was it ever intended to be. its a survival/stealth game really.

back on topic, this game looks pretty sweet

Diatribal Deity
08-03-2005, 12:45 AM
I attended a very prestigous private boarding high school here in the northeast and I can tell you that nothing that they could put in this game could be as bad as the things that I experienced in school.

A few things I observed/experienced (think Dead Poets Society or Toy Soldiers type institution)...

Prefects beating up underclassman
Upperclassman constantly picking on or bushing underclassman
Sex on the church alter (condoms found Sunday before mass in pews and other evidence of this)
Student getting hit by train after drinking himself into oblivion on tracks
Constant sex in dorms on Friday nights/weekends in dorms with other private female institutions
Impressive/extensive porn collections

While many of you may find these things unimpressive or in some cases cool, what I'm trying to point out is that what I experienced when I was younger was 10x worse than anything I've experienced while playing a game. REALITY IS MUCH MORE CONTROVERSIAL THAN FANTASY!

I personally could relate to this game as some of the kids I met were the most spoiled, delinquent, and vicious people I've ever met. Their rich parents sent them to the school to try and straighten them out (even though it was not military or reform). This was not the majority but a good portion of the minority.

Just trying to get this thread back on track...

Phosphor Dot Fossils
08-03-2005, 08:50 PM
Y'know, Double D is right - I was in a private school once for about all of six months, and it was supposed to be this wholesome religious school...and yet, there was the principal's son shaking all the kids down for money and threatening to knife them if they didn't cooperate. Of course, the principal was always "What? No, not my son!" when anyone confronted him with this.

I'm not a big fan of Rockstar's prior output, but y'know, let's wait and see what the game is like before we start going nuts. Besides, you can't blame the game if someone goes berzerk at school - that's still Doom's fault, remember? LOL

Famidrive-16
08-03-2005, 09:44 PM
So... has anyone here played River City Ransom?

euronymous
08-03-2005, 10:55 PM

Heh obviously you have no clue about Manhunt, yes it takes place withing the GTA universe but it is NOT a GTA title nor was it ever intended to be. its a survival/stealth game really.

When did I say Manhunt was part of the GTA franchise? I said Manhunt was their only decent game and GTA sucks. Learn to read. And on topic Bully looks retarded it's GTA that minors can buy without their mommy or daddy with them.

stressboy
08-04-2005, 12:29 AM

When did I say Manhunt was part of the GTA franchise? I said Manhunt was their only decent game and GTA sucks. Learn to read. And on topic Bully looks retarded it's GTA that minors can buy without their mommy or daddy with them.

I think it was your lack of proper punctuation that caused the confusion.

To be on topic: This game looks interesting and I can't wait to try it out.

Mangar
08-04-2005, 02:05 AM
People need to relax :)

The game won't be banned, because we have a 1st Amendment in place that says it can't.

The Rockstar Hype Machine/Controversy has already made this a "Must Have" game for the masses, ensuring that it will sell a ton of copies. Thus punishing any retailer stupid enough to not carry it. Especially shoppes which depend heavily on videogame revenue for the majority of their income. IE: It **WILL** be available for people.

So who cares if morons support banning a videogame? The founders were smart enough to anticipate people crying and attempting to ban and force their own will on others. That's why we have a Constitution. Human Nature was predictable even back then. So just relax, and give a smirk that the people who are all angry and riled up - Can't do fuck all about it. :) (Well aside from protesting and further increasing Rockstars future sales)

swlovinist
08-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Rockstar cannot go into individual houses and monitor to see if parents are letting thier kids play adult themed games or mature theme games. However, they can do their part and at least give this game an Mature Rating and advertise the game for adults. With that being said, the game could be interesting. I will wait to play the game myself.

djbeatmongrel
08-04-2005, 10:34 AM

I think it was your lack of proper punctuation that caused the confusion.

To be on topic: This game looks interesting and I can't wait to try it out.

Stress is correct, i thought it was one whole sentance. also i thought you were calling it manhunt GTA becuase it is an offshoot series based off of minor references from GTA 3

Joker T
10-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Well over a year later and Bully is out.

I'm picking this game up for sure, it looks like a ton of fun and is being quite well recieved. A 10/10 from 1UP.com, 8.9 from IGN, etc.

djbeatmongrel
10-17-2006, 09:15 PM
grabbed the collectors edition today. it's a complete beast in size, plus it comes with a full sized inflatable playground/dodgeball. X_x now for an extra $10 that is pretty sweet

kainemaxwell
10-18-2006, 08:39 PM
So how's it play?

RCM
10-18-2006, 08:45 PM
It's disgusting the way the mainstream media is spinning BUlly. I was playing Dead Rising last night and thought to myself "5 seconds of this is worst than anything in Bully."

If this title wasn't from Rockstar and Taketwo nobody would care.

8bit4life
10-19-2006, 02:39 PM
This game is great - done with true Rockstar style. It will definately bring back memories of high school. I can't put it down.

cracked8ball
10-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Yeh this is a fun game. Good story, missions, lots of things to explore. The idiot media has blown it out of proportion. There's nothing that bad in the game. It's like a simulation of what goes on in every high school.

Cryomancer
10-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Fun game, but it kinda controls a little funky and has some slowdown on my end. PC port please! I will probably however go ahead and play through the ps2 version, since there's no real gunning or anything (just slingshots), or much intensive looking around, i can deal without a mouse/keyboard.

Frica89
10-20-2006, 08:32 PM
I just picked this up tonight and it is excellent. You definitely feel the influence of GTA, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the game still manages to feel very original. I highly recommend it.

Oobgarm
10-23-2006, 06:44 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/22/boy-on-boy-kissing-in-bully/

slip81
10-23-2006, 02:31 PM
I was reading abouthis last night on gamespot, and while it sounds pretty interesting I doubt I'll pick it up untill it hits bargin bin prices.

The last few open ended gta-esque games I've played (Liberty city stories, dead rising and saint's row) never really caught my interest the way I thought they would.

if i still had an online rental service i'd get it that way, but since i don't i'll wait.

Oobgarm
10-25-2006, 06:21 AM
I got it thru Gamefly, and I've enjoyed what I've played of it.

It's GTA without all of the trappings that make GTA an M rated game. And after all of those games, copycats, and all of the games that are filled with wanton gratuitous violence(thanks in part to GTA), it's a nice change.

Of course, you can still beat up other students, but usually they're the one that started it anyway. :P

shoes23
04-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Well I'm almost at the end of the game now, and I've really enjoyed the game so far. It's kinda funny how much negative publicity this title generated, especially since there isn't any material that could be considered highly controversial. I suppose the connections to GTA could be made because its an open-ended sandbox type game, but the similarities really end there. There is no drug use, lethal weapons, carjackings, sex, or any of the other staples from the GTA series. I still can't believe all the negative comments this game drew without any of those people actually playing the game.

I'll agree with PDF & DD above that you will probably find real life private boarding schools to contain much more socially unacceptable behavior.

For those who haven't played it yet, I highly urge you to do so, as I think I can safely call this an instant classic on the PS2.