PDA

View Full Version : PSP Downgrader! Everyone can now play homebrew!!!!

Cmtz
09-27-2005, 06:26 PM
You are now able do downgrade your psp to a 1.5 firmware. Everyone can now play homebrew

http://pspupdates.qj.net/

norkusa
09-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Wow. I never thought the day would come. I already have V1.5 myself, but this is great news for people that want to play homebrew with their V1.5+ PSP's.

Jibbajaba
09-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Wow this is great news. Once this has been confirmed on a wider scale as working, I think I will upgrade my PSP to a 2.0 so I can check the web browser out. Or if nothing else, now I can buy GTA when it comes out and not have to worry about sacrificing emulators.

Hopefully this is a sign that 2.0 will be properly hacked soon.

Chris

Leroy
09-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Fantastic!! Now I can rest easy knowing that when I can afford a PSP I'll be able to flash it back to 1.5 if I end up buying a 2.0. Yay!!

chaoticjelly
09-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Wow, I might buy a PSP now!

davidbrit2
09-27-2005, 07:07 PM
If you listen very carefully, you can hear the sound of Ken Kutaragi shitting his pants.

Countdown until 2.01 firmware hits retail... ;-)

mezrabad
09-27-2005, 08:06 PM
http://www.gamedeals.ca/

This guy is selling the downgrade for $25! :hmm:

He's a recently new member of DP.

Untamed
09-27-2005, 08:12 PM

He runs a booth at the Vancouver (BC, Canada) Flea Market. It's probably for video game idiots who can't do it, so he gets paid to do it.

*shrug*

davidbrit2
09-27-2005, 09:01 PM
A guy I know (and trust) just did it, and he said it worked like a charm. He even did some, uh, "testing" with the Taiko ISO and had no trouble with it.

And before you ask, NO, I have no idea where he found the Taiko ISO. Ha ha.

Jive3D
09-27-2005, 09:22 PM
This is not as good as being able to actually play homebrew on 2.0 - but its definately a shining pilar of light for those who had previously been unable to find a 1.5 psp - which is damn near impossible now as far as chain retail outlets go - and specialty shops have been marking the 1.5 firmware models UP at a higher price from what I have seen in the city here...! Yeah take that you overpricing bastards!

yeah, ok, game on and all that.

Chunky
09-28-2005, 08:21 AM
anyone know if you can (without problems) reupgrade to 2.0 after using this to downgrade? i would assume so but just checking.

side note...is there a definitive list of emulators that work at 100% speed?

This is about the only reason to keep my psp, i was just about to oust it.

Joker T
09-28-2005, 11:05 AM
I can't find it on PSP updates can you give a direct link

I'm dumb LOL

s1lence
09-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Sweet, I'm going to run this tonight.

Joker T
09-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Nevermind I found it :)

syd
09-28-2005, 02:06 PM

Hey I say more power to him if he can get people to pay him to downgrade their PSPs. Seems like the same idea as modding a system to me.

s1lence
09-28-2005, 09:39 PM
Ok, I tried it tonight.....SUCCESS. My 2.0 PSP is now 1.5 and it works just fine. Time for some emulation for me. :D

Chunky
09-29-2005, 07:50 AM
works great!, just did it last night and DL'd Stella and started to play, however half the games moving does not work right. Mame i have to fugure out how to even do.

I hope this brings more sunshine to the programmer/hackers to fix up the current emulation.

s1lence
09-29-2005, 07:52 AM
Nes, Gen and SNES all work very well btw. I could see the Stella controls being odd in some of the games.

petewhitley
09-29-2005, 02:14 PM
An Apple II emulator was released today. Oregon Trail, here I come.

Joker T
09-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Holy Crap it worked :)

Emulation goodness here I come :rocker:

DJ_DEEM
09-30-2005, 02:55 AM
i did the switch, and i am LOVING IT! been playing nes goodness allllll night, the snes emulator i got seemed to be running slow, if anyone has any ideas why let me know : ]

mezrabad
09-30-2005, 08:06 AM

He runs a booth at the Vancouver (BC, Canada) Flea Market. It's probably for video game idiots who can't do it, so he gets paid to do it.

*shrug*

Hey I say more power to him if he can get people to pay him to downgrade their PSPs. Seems like the same idea as modding a system to me.

Guess I don't have problem with him providing the "service" my impression was that he was charging $25 for the software. First impressions can be wrong, I'll admit. (My first impression was that someone I've never seen before with only 3 posts came on and pointed to his site that just happened to be selling PSP downgrades right around the same time said downgrades were announced. Forgive my cynicism.) Again, I've got no problems with him selling the service-part of this anymore than I've got problems with someone Afterburning a GBA for me. (Upon digging deeper into the site, um, one whole click, it is a service done in-person-only. Guess I can't fault the guy for that.)

Are you both from Vancouver? (Great town, by the way. I need to get me some more Dagoli T-shirts.) Do you both know this guy? He's got no feedback. (well, as of tuesday he didn't) Can you say good things about him? Is it just a coincidence that you're both from Canada and one of you actually seems to know the guy?

s1lence
09-30-2005, 08:36 AM
i did the switch, and i am LOVING IT! been playing nes goodness allllll night, the snes emulator i got seemed to be running slow, if anyone has any ideas why let me know : ]

Yeah, I noticed that as well. It depends on the title. Some of them run ok, but I noticed the Mega Man titles creep a bit.

esquire
09-30-2005, 04:12 PM

Yeah, I noticed that as well. It depends on the title. Some of them run ok, but I noticed the Mega Man titles creep a bit.

Go into the options settings for the emulator, I believe by moving the joystick to the left, and switch the CPU settings to 333mhz. That should take care of it.

s1lence
09-30-2005, 04:16 PM
You where correct, I had it at 333 for my genesis emu. Turned the mhz up on the snes one and it works PERFECT. Thanks. :D

GameDeals.ca
08-02-2007, 03:44 AM
Wow... it's amazing what a google search will reveal. I had no idea this thread existed. Thanks to the poster above that recommended me 2 years ago... fyi I still offer the service ($20) for locals and that includes downgrading, custom firmware install, and "tweaking" (flash formatting, key cleaning, setting adjustment, etc.) so that everything is set up and ready to go for you. I offer this service because it usually requires special hardware/software (eg. Lumines/GTA) and most people would rather just have it done right than try to figure it out themselves and risk messing it up. Anyway... sorry to dig up a (very) old thread, it just made me laugh when I found it.