PDA

View Full Version : I won an xbox360 system today in the PEPSI Promotion.

PS2Hawk
10-07-2005, 12:49 PM
You're an official winner* in the PEPSI® and DORITOS® BE FIRST TO PLAY™ promotion! We're excited to give you the NEW Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system before it's available to the general public! Plus, in a few days, you'll be receiving your 'Party in a Box' to get the party started for you and your friends!

after years of entering contests here and there I finally won something. I am so happy that no one can imagine.. This is the first time I ever won anything..

LAGO
10-07-2005, 12:54 PM
congrats man!

rjohnson
10-07-2005, 12:54 PM
If they are mailing it to you...what is your address?

:-)

I'll help ya unload it... and even eat all the yummies too...

party at your house???

anagrama
10-07-2005, 12:55 PM
But aren't you the guy that hates anything not made by Sony?

THATinkjar
10-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Which Xbox 360 package is it, btw? (Oh, and congratulations :))

Oobgarm
10-07-2005, 01:14 PM

They're giving out Core systems.

And congrats!

PS2Hawk
10-07-2005, 01:36 PM

And congrats!

sorry to bust ur bubble but its the FREAKIN PREMIUM BUNDLE, just go to the website, it has the hard drive sitting on top. Also it comes with a game, I hope its Need for Speed, I dunno how to play NFL

captain nintendo
10-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Oooooo , Congrats !

Enjoy that microsoft goodness :P

DigitalSpace
10-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Congrats!

jajaja
10-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Congrats! :) I remember winning a SNES game once. Its a great feeling to get some new game stuff for free.

Roi
10-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Congrats! I won a PSP last week :D 8-) !

PS2Hawk
10-07-2005, 01:47 PM
and now the secret how I won.

I saved up codes from 11 pm last night will 10 am this morning. and then I enterned them all through the hour in the draw.

Do not just enter one code in a draw. Also I won the xbox with FREE Code. I only bought 2 2L pepsi's on monday.
There are atleast 2000 entries in each draw. so you better do atlreast 10... Good Luck

poopnes
10-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Well I think that makes 3 winners of a 360 so far. Me, PS2Hawk, and I can't remember the other person. I won the Mountain Dew Contest a couple a weeks ago:

Congratulations you are the winner of the 09/22 - 12:00 Xbox 360 sweepstakes brought to you by Mountain Dew.
You will receive your Xbox 360 before it’s available in-stores and will need to provide a signature when it’s delivered. The Xbox 360 is being released later this year in 2005, once the delivery date is confirmed we will post it in your account history so please check back periodically.

In the meantime, during the next few weeks be on the look out for a Party in the Box package from Mountain Dew and Xbox, which includes Hats, T-Shirts, coupons, invitations and more.

Congratulations and Thank you for participating in the Every 10 minutes sweepstakes

Don’t forget you can still use your codes for Collect to Get Gear.

Note: If you would like to change your address, please call 1-877-370-2582 and refer to the number below.
Reference #:1XXXXXXXX3

I believe that means November 19th. And its widely assumed that we will recieve the premium pack. I'm getting Madden '06 with mine.

BTW congrats!!

Lady Jaye
10-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Congrats, man! I forgot about that promo... gotta get myself some munchies this weekend... :P

PS2Hawk
10-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Well I think that makes 3 winners of a 360 so far. Me, PS2Hawk, and I can't remember the other person. I won the Mountain Dew Contest a couple a weeks ago:

Congratulations you are the winner of the 09/22 - 12:00 Xbox 360 sweepstakes brought to you by Mountain Dew.
You will receive your Xbox 360 before it’s available in-stores and will need to provide a signature when it’s delivered. The Xbox 360 is being released later this year in 2005, once the delivery date is confirmed we will post it in your account history so please check back periodically.

In the meantime, during the next few weeks be on the look out for a Party in the Box package from Mountain Dew and Xbox, which includes Hats, T-Shirts, coupons, invitations and more.

Congratulations and Thank you for participating in the Every 10 minutes sweepstakes

Don’t forget you can still use your codes for Collect to Get Gear.

Note: If you would like to change your address, please call 1-877-370-2582 and refer to the number below.
Reference #:1XXXXXXXX3

I believe that means November 19th. And its widely assumed that we will recieve the premium pack. I'm getting Madden '06 with mine.

BTW congrats!!

How do you know you are getting Madden ?

-hellvin-
10-07-2005, 01:55 PM

And congrats!

sorry to bust ur bubble but its the FREAKIN PREMIUM BUNDLE, just go to the website, it has the hard drive sitting on top. Also it comes with a game, I hope its Need for Speed, I dunno how to play NFL

I was reading the website a few days ago, and you got your choice of madden or NFS.

PS2Hawk
10-07-2005, 01:56 PM

And congrats!

I was reading the website a few days ago, and you got your choice of madden or NFS.

I recieved an email saying I am confirmed winner, but it doesn't say an option to choose madden on need for speed.

poopnes
10-07-2005, 01:59 PM

And congrats!

I recieved an email saying I am confirmed winner, but it doesn't say an option to choose madden on need for speed.

Well we won different contests, though both were by Pepsi. I won my 360 through the "Every 10 Minutes" promotion and we actually had to select which game we would like to recieve when we registered.

PS2Hawk
10-07-2005, 02:00 PM
o okay man... either way.. we WON.. voo hoo

s1lence
10-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Congrats, though I swear you said you hate microsoft.

PS2Hawk
10-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Congrats, though I swear you said you hate microsoft.

yea I think I did, but hey, no one else just gives you 700 bones for free... lol

Slate
10-07-2005, 02:38 PM
I forgot about those contests!

I'm going to have to give that a try, if i can before it's over.

Anyway, congrats..

PS2Hawk
10-07-2005, 02:40 PM
dude try now, its getting very crowded.

zerohero
10-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Realy cool man, congrats 8-)

Jed
10-07-2005, 03:16 PM
I get it, they're already giving up on selling it, so they're giving them away. Brilliant plan. Congrats though, now you don't have to waste money if you did really want one for some reason.

THATinkjar
10-07-2005, 03:31 PM
I get it, they're already giving up on selling it, so they're giving them away. Brilliant plan.

I hope they are the exploding version, too :) I think I'll wait.

stressboy
10-07-2005, 03:33 PM
My wife has been saving bottle caps for me. I have entered about 10 times now. I know I won't win, but since I drink Mt. Dew anyway, I might as well try.

Congrats.

Zing
10-07-2005, 03:45 PM
and now the secret how I won.

I saved up codes from 11 pm last night will 10 am this morning. and then I enterned them all through the hour in the draw.

You realize that a 1/2000 chance of winning done 10 times is the same odds as 10/2000, right?

The funniest thing is that you get the system a WHOLE HOUR EARLIER than the official release. You get 60 minutes to brag to your friends!

I have been tossing a PIN in now and then, but even if I did win, the system would be on Ebay before I even had it in my hands.

alec006
10-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Congrats on the Xbox360 8-)

Richter
10-07-2005, 05:57 PM
-.-

i checked the winners board and some dude from my town won one

time for me to hunt him/her down

SuperNES
10-07-2005, 11:12 PM
that's awesome. i've been drinking tons of mountain dew for the past few weeks (more than usual) so i can get more codes. by the way, poopnes, how many codes did you enter and did you lump them all into one drawing, or spread them out?

poopnes
10-07-2005, 11:32 PM
that's awesome. i've been drinking tons of mountain dew for the past few weeks (more than usual) so i can get more codes. by the way, poopnes, how many codes did you enter and did you lump them all into one drawing, or spread them out?

It took 56 codes to win, 2 per drawing. The stakes are even higher now, so I'd say 4 per drawing. I definetly would recommend spreading them out, but I would just hate to loose a bunch of codes in just "one" try.

Mr.FoodMonster
10-07-2005, 11:44 PM
I just threw something like 4X on a bunch of different times, mainly on sunday. 4 codes a time. Two people from Dexter have already won, and thats just insanity. There are so little people here, it really shows how many of these damned things they are just handing out.

Mattiekrome
10-07-2005, 11:45 PM
@_@

Grats on that one! Very lucky you are! :D

Sailorneorune
10-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Congrats.

I hope to win one myself (will most likely be sold on campus or ebay'd though)... a few people from my area have won already, and thanks to my older brother's constant craving for the green syrup, I have plenty of points to play with.
I opted for Need for Speed.

/not a big Microsoft fan either
//but I do like Fable
///come to my parlour, early adopters

SuperNES
10-08-2005, 12:01 AM
coo. i am now going to spend my entire life savings on mountain dew and sit around really really hyper trying to win.

okay, not really. although i just put all 3 of my remaining codes into a drawing. i need more codes.... my Xbox 360!! my prrecciousssss... :eek 2:

Sothy
10-08-2005, 02:45 AM
Awesome man.

And you realize anyone talking smack is just jealous right?

videogameking26
10-08-2005, 02:53 AM
Congrats man, I was the other 2 win the 10 minutes contest from Mountain Dew, I picked NFS: MW to add with my free Xbox 360 :D

Stark
10-08-2005, 03:41 AM
If indeed you get it before launch day you should head over to Gamestop or your equivalent game store and see what sort of trade-in cash they would give you. Just for a good laugh since they wouldn't know what to do. Then sell it on Ebay for double the retail price like everyone else will.

poopnes
10-09-2005, 08:45 PM
If indeed you get it before launch day you should head over to Gamestop or your equivalent game store and see what sort of trade-in cash they would give you. Just for a good laugh since they wouldn't know what to do. Then sell it on Ebay for double the retail price like everyone else will.

Oh yea, I've thought about doing that. Have to brag a little I guess. But I need to see if they have any games in prelaunch, because I don't think one will be enough.

I've seriously thought about selling it on eBay, but I think I'll hold on to it for a while. It might loose some value, but I'll have some fun, and its all pure profit so...

If you read the contest rules we're supposed to recieve the 360 on the Saturday before retail release, so November 19th. A whole 3 days. Woot.

PS2Hawk
10-09-2005, 09:33 PM
"poopnes" are you talking about USA or CANADIAN contest.

poopnes
10-10-2005, 01:41 PM
"poopnes" are you talking about USA or CANADIAN contest.

Sorry, USA.

Mitch_Naz
10-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Congrats (LUCKY !), wish something like that could happen to me, still not sure if I got the loaded 360 or Core from my pre-order off EB Games (low stock) - Want the hard drive !

Again, congrats and enjoy.

PS2Hawk
10-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Well just get ur hands on one for now, I know the harddrive for 100 us is a ripoff but as long as you can get one and don't care about the backward compatibility its all good. I know when I get mine I will most likely be playing HALO 2 again on 360, since I am getting this feeling that perfect Dark Zero might not be that great.

Mitch_Naz
10-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Well just get ur hands on one for now, I know the harddrive for 100 us is a ripoff but as long as you can get one and don't care about the backward compatibility its all good. I know when I get mine I will most likely be playing HALO 2 again on 360, since I am getting this feeling that perfect Dark Zero might not be that great.

Oh your a fellow Toronto guy, I wont dare go through more gen's using memory cards if I dont have to.

Six Switch
10-10-2005, 10:40 PM
wow they are giving more of these away than i thought.

i am saving all mine up for one run,maybe i'l lget lucky but i doubt it.

captain nintendo
10-10-2005, 11:30 PM
Awesome man.

And you realize anyone talking smack is just jealous right?

Damn haters and fan boys :/

Congrats to the winners.

fanboys need to shut thier mouths :roll:

tynstar
10-10-2005, 11:33 PM
I get it, they're already giving up on selling it, so they're giving them away. Brilliant plan. Congrats though, now you don't have to waste money if you did really want one for some reason.

Come on Jed you are killing me!!!!!!! It is called advertising.

junglehunter
10-12-2005, 08:09 AM

I'm sure he knows that... ;)

It's funny how Microsoft/Pepsi will get all of the money back ten-fold through this contest. I could see myself buying the system for the amount of money I'd spend on pop alone trying to win. Unless I had the chance to win with only buying a few bottles. :)

captain nintendo
10-12-2005, 08:37 AM

It's funny how Microsoft/Pepsi will get all of the money back ten-fold through this contest. I could see myself buying the system for the amount of money I'd spend on pop alone trying to win. Unless I had the chance to win with only buying a few bottles. :)

So true. Very good marketing ploy by Pepsi. I am sure they have sold more product because of this contest. It's more like advertising on Microsoft's side though.

PS2Hawk
10-12-2005, 12:03 PM

So true. Very good marketing ploy by Pepsi. I am sure they have sold more product because of this contest. It's more like advertising on Microsoft's side though.

Yea but I won without buying a single PEPSI or Doritos... I just filled up the surveys.

boozi2
10-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Congrats to the winners :roll:

davepesc
10-12-2005, 12:32 PM

Yea but I won without buying a single PEPSI or Doritos... I just filled up the surveys.

It's good for everyone involved. I'm usually a Coke drinker, but for this month, I've been drinking Pepsi. Also, I have had very little interest in the 360, but if it's free, I'll give it a go. Who knows, now that I'm paying attention to the 360, maybe I'll buy one someday... if I don't win, that is.

PS2Hawk
10-18-2005, 09:23 PM
I got the Party in the box today.
Its basicaly a Metallic Case for Xbox with xbox360 LOGO.
Inside there are a few things:

1. Greem Pen
2. 3 Little xbox 360 buttons
3. some coupons
4. T Shirt
5. 10 coasters
6. a Promo CD

poopnes
10-19-2005, 01:14 AM
I got the Party in the box today.
Its basicaly a Metallic Case for Xbox with xbox360 LOGO.
Inside there are a few things:

1. Greem Pen
2. 3 Little xbox 360 buttons
3. some coupons
4. T Shirt
5. 10 coasters
6. a Promo CD

You should go post that on CAG and watch everyone go crazy. Let them post about 50 messages going "WHY DIDN"T IT GET MINES!!!!1!!1?" and then tell them you won the Canadian contest. That would rock.

edit // None of the US winners have recieved anything besides confirmation...we're lucky to get that.

hu6800
10-19-2005, 01:20 AM
You're an official winner* in the PEPSI® and DORITOS® BE FIRST TO PLAY™ promotion! We're excited to give you the NEW Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system before it's available to the general public! Plus, in a few days, you'll be receiving your 'Party in a Box' to get the party started for you and your friends!

after years of entering contests here and there I finally won something. I am so happy that no one can imagine.. This is the first time I ever won anything..

I would have Peed alittle after reading that.
The best part about that is dodging the wait .I dont know what a party in a box is, But tell them you want the "Adult version" of it hahah.

drivefast1690
10-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Congrats man:P I won mine in the MT Dew giveaway, cant wait for the 19th of November.

Crazycarl
10-19-2005, 10:20 AM
i've been entering atleast 2-3 codes a night, wishing just wishing i will win. anywho has anybody noticed nobody from NJ has won, its a damn conspiracy i tells you.

SegaAges
10-19-2005, 12:14 PM
me and one of my friends are saving codes together, we are up to about 200 md points.

if we won, we decided we would sell the 360 and split the profits (we could both deal with money instead of a 360)

SuperNES
10-19-2005, 09:17 PM
i've been entering atleast 2-3 codes a night, wishing just wishing i will win. anywho has anybody noticed nobody from NJ has won, its a damn conspiracy i tells you.

they have that same damn conspiracy agains us Vermonters. i find it hard to beleive that VT residents drink less dew than any other part of the US.

In other news, i have been drinking TONS of dew lately, and there is now a large pile of caps on my desk. even if i DON'T win, i'm still saving up for that beanie hat.

zerohero
10-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Can somebody help me win this free xbox 360. Yea I know we hear about this crap all the time BUT. All you have to do is sign up for the trail and cancel. No money spent at all.

Now think about it. If everyone here did this to help out each other we could all get a free xbox 360. I'm serious as death on this.

Six Switch
10-29-2005, 07:40 AM
oh fuck yes
at 4:10am it has my city in all lower case letters just how i entered it.
WOOOOOOOOOO
how long did it take you to get an email or something?i am going to be so let down if this isn't me.

and does anyone know if it is the core system or the good one?

Dobie
10-29-2005, 09:06 AM
Its pretty late in the game, but yesterday I came across the motherload for free MD codes. I found a full recycling DUMPSTER full of nothing but plastic soda bottles, some with the caps, some without. When I found it, I didn't dig too much (eww), but I grabbed ten bottles off the top, and nine of the codes worked! I know where I'm dropping by today! First the dumpster, then the bathroom to wash my hands! Again, EWW.

This better be worth the effort. LOL

Captain J
10-29-2005, 10:27 AM

they have that same damn conspiracy agains us Vermonters. i find it hard to beleive that VT residents drink less dew than any other part of the US.

In other news, i have been drinking TONS of dew lately, and there is now a large pile of caps on my desk. even if i DON'T win, i'm still saving up for that beanie hat.

dude when i lived in vermont mountain dew is the ONLY thing every one would drink! LOL

ubersaurus
10-29-2005, 10:33 AM
My dad's friend win this contest, as well.

I haven't even tried the contest. I don't drink enough dew.

poopnes
10-29-2005, 12:31 PM
oh fuck yes
at 4:10am it has my city in all lower case letters just how i entered it.
WOOOOOOOOOO
how long did it take you to get an email or something?i am going to be so let down if this isn't me.

and does anyone know if it is the core system or the good one?

It took a FULL 7 DAYS for my confirmation, I had given up hope. But I've heard horror stories of it taking up to 12 days. So just be patient, its all you can do.

Ed Oscuro
10-29-2005, 01:35 PM
Nice, congrats. Would love to see your name change into "360Hawk" (though, no doubt, it'll become PS3Hawk soon enough ;)

Six Switch
10-30-2005, 02:06 PM
well i guess i will play the waiting game now

segagamer4life
10-31-2005, 10:08 AM
congrats man, I can say I am jealous.. but enjoy,.

swlovinist
11-01-2005, 09:57 AM
First, I find a 2600 secret agent proto, then this! I forgot to check my account history page and found out that I won the system on 10/10 at 1230!!!! I am pretty excited to win one, because of my recent job lull, I was not able to even remotely think about buying one. Anyone in the area is welcome to come over and game with me once I have it. I am sure I asked for NFS, since I am not a madden fan. I will make sure to give the system some love on launch day!

Six Switch
11-01-2005, 10:46 AM
you mean before launch day.

i am too excited,i better get that email soon.

poopnes
11-01-2005, 11:52 AM
you mean before launch day.

i am too excited,i better get that email soon.

I can't wait until they give us an exact date that we will be recieving the system.

Six Switch
11-01-2005, 01:03 PM
didn't it say the saturday before launch?

prismra
11-01-2005, 01:22 PM
WTF. I want to win. I played the lottery a couple of times and I lost. ...sob... :(

poopnes
11-05-2005, 11:47 PM
didn't it say the saturday before launch?

Yeah, but I've heard some many confilicting things from the Xbox/TeamXbox/CAG forums that I don't know what to believe. Pepsi didn't handle this contest very well.

Rogmeister
11-06-2005, 12:39 AM
I've entered two other games to try to win one...I know it's a longshot so I won't worry if I don't win. If I win, great, if I don't I'll just enjoy the systems I have now and wait for othe 360 to come down to a hundred bucks... LOL

Six Switch
11-06-2005, 11:30 AM
i got my email thing a few days ago.

i am excited,i just would love to know when it will get here and if i is the core package,which is my guess.

poopnes
11-06-2005, 01:56 PM

i am excited,i just would love to know when it will get here and if i is the core package,which is my guess.

Well again I've heard lots of things, but I honestly believe we will recieve the premium package with the HD. The estimate retail price for the package is $580, which includes the PIAB.

Austin
11-07-2005, 03:04 AM
Congrats! I wish I had that kind of luck.

Six Switch
11-07-2005, 05:57 AM

Well again I've heard lots of things, but I honestly believe we will recieve the premium package with the HD. The estimate retail price for the package is $580, which includes the PIAB.

that would just be awesome,i am hoping your right.

still waiting on the party pack thing too.

poopnes
11-08-2005, 12:18 PM

that would just be awesome,i am hoping your right.

still waiting on the party pack thing too.

People have started recieving their PIAB. I think they're staggering sending them out though. But its a good sign that at least they have started to finally ship them.

poopnes
11-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Just a heads up, I recieved my PIAB like 2 minutes ago. Sweet.

Ed Oscuro
11-08-2005, 02:34 PM
How many DPers won these? At least three?? Wow.

Damn, should've entered! Microsoft is biased towards classic gamers, after all. :P

EricRyan34
11-08-2005, 08:53 PM
I won one!

Six Switch
11-08-2005, 10:44 PM
i got the party box thing too.the shirts are all xl...and that is extra lame.

it is called a pun

Six Switch
11-12-2005, 09:55 PM
anyone hear any news of when the systems will ship?only a little more than a week left...

PS2Hawk
11-13-2005, 03:54 AM
my guess is they will start shipping on monday...

poopnes
11-13-2005, 09:56 PM
anyone hear any news of when the systems will ship?only a little more than a week left...

Still all speculation. But official rules say overnight delivery for receipt on Saturday. But there are rumors that are saying they'll start sending them out Monday or Tuesday ground, but I doubt it. Just keep checking the account history because the little confirmation card said the tracking info would be posted there...

swlovinist
11-13-2005, 10:14 PM
I would say saturday. I got my PIAB this last Wednesday. I got a package with all XL shirts. I felt motivated to giving them out, so I gave three to neighbors, one to my boss, and kept two for myself. I am very excited to be getting one this next week!

Anexanhume
11-14-2005, 12:18 AM
I'm confused, the only contest I knew of was the everytenminutes one. Is there something else to do with Frito Lay, ie Doritos? What other contests are there?

PS2Hawk
11-14-2005, 10:21 AM
I got my xbox360 today they sent me Kameo with it.. are need for speed & madden delayed ?

I only wanted Kameo though...

Six Switch
11-14-2005, 10:38 AM
your got yours today?

jesus

evil_genius
11-14-2005, 10:44 AM
I have never won anything in my life.

Six Switch
11-14-2005, 11:05 AM
I got my xbox360 today they sent me Kameo with it.. are need for speed & madden delayed ?

I only wanted Kameo though...

core system or good system?

PS2Hawk
11-14-2005, 12:06 PM
with hard drive and Kameo... they said you will either get Need for Speed or madden but Kameo sweetens the deal...

Six Switch
11-14-2005, 12:33 PM
oh man that is such good news.the good system and kameo.i was going to buy kameo today,so much for that.

i hope i get mine tomorrow or somthing,thanks hawk that is great news.

poopnes
11-14-2005, 01:18 PM
oh man that is such good news.the good system and kameo.i was going to buy kameo today,so much for that.

Don't forget that PS2hawk won the Canadian contest...no one from the Every10Minutes contest has recieved anything but the PIAB.

edit// And I doubt the American winners will recieve Kameo. The only reason the Canadian winners got Kameo was because neither Madden nor Need for Speed were available when they shipped. Lucky ducks. They still will recieve Madden/NFS when Pepsi recieves them.

Biff_McFresh
11-14-2005, 01:31 PM
If only I still ate junk regularly, damn...

Ccngrats winners, enjoy your 360s, I'll join the ranks next tuesday.

Six Switch
11-14-2005, 01:57 PM

Don't forget that PS2hawk won the Canadian contest...no one from the Every10Minutes contest has recieved anything but the PIAB.

edit// And I doubt the American winners will recieve Kameo. The only reason the Canadian winners got Kameo was because neither Madden nor Need for Speed were available when they shipped. Lucky ducks. They still will recieve Madden/NFS when Pepsi recieves them.

oh yeah your right,well damn.i hope we at least get the hard drive.

poopnes
11-14-2005, 02:09 PM

oh yeah your right,well damn.i hope we at least get the hard drive.

I'm sure we will. If not then I will be one sad camper and they'll be one more 360 on eBay.

ZombieFish
11-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Congrats, man! I really wanted to win that contest, you are so lucky. :)

poopnes
11-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Every10Minute winners, check your account history. It looks like we are for sure recieving them on Saturday:

Congratulations on winning an Every10Minutes Sweepstakes.
Your Xbox 360 will be delivered on Saturday, November 19th, 2005 by UPS.
Please remember that the delivery needs to be signed for by an adult, otherwise another delivery attempt will need to be made on the next business day.

If you are not home on Saturday, UPS will leave a note and reattempt delivery at another time.
This note will contain a UPS phone number for your local office, should you have any questions about delivery.
Delivery times vary by area, so your system could arrive during any part of the day/afternoon hours on the 19th.

Please allow until 6:00 PM Saturday to receive your system.

Thank you,
Pepsi-Cola Consumer Care

The wait begins...

Six Switch
11-15-2005, 04:20 PM
awesome.i am crossing my fingers for the hard drive...

Mattiekrome
11-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Starting about 7 am I would get a lawnchair and a case of beer and sit in the driveway with a radio... hells yeah, cant wait to hear what you think of it :D

Six Switch
11-19-2005, 09:49 AM
so i just got mine.it is indeed the real system,with the harddrive and everything.i got kameo too,as a card in there says the game i selected will arrive in a week or two.

i already bought kameo,so if anyone wants a factory sealed copy for like $35 it's yours,i'd rather not have to take it to gamestop or ebay.

other winners hope you get yours soon,i'm off to play some perfect dark.

Captain J
11-19-2005, 10:57 AM
so i just got mine.it is indeed the real system,with the harddrive and everything.i got kameo too,as a card in there says the game i selected will arrive in a week or two.

i already bought kameo,so if anyone wants a factory sealed copy for like $35 it's yours,i'd rather not have to take it to gamestop or ebay.

congrats on receiving the system! if your kameo is still sealed, why not take it back to the store you got it from and get a different game?

poopnes
11-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Recieved mine today at 9:25. I couldn't sleep at all last night. Now I'm trying to get Live set up through an old hub I have laying around. Its the only way I can split my cable connection. I'll figure it out eventually.

poopnes
11-19-2005, 11:55 AM
Um, is it just me, or what's up with my 13GB HD? I thought it was supposed to be 20GB......

Six Switch
11-19-2005, 12:53 PM
mine says 12,weird.

can you get on live?it always screws up at the last second for me.i am thinking maybe because the system isn't out yet...or maybe its me.anyways perfect dark is pretty sweet.

edit: so i plugged in my ipod to rock out...and half the sogns don't work.they have little x's next to them and don't play.i put them right into itunes from a cd so i didn't buy them on itunes or anything,so it should work.am i missing something?

Six Switch
11-19-2005, 12:58 PM

congrats on receiving the system! if your kameo is still sealed, why not take it back to the store you got it from and get a different game?

haha i threw out the recipt.shit

poopnes
11-19-2005, 01:35 PM

haha i threw out the recipt.shit

Try taking it back to walmart on Tuesday.

I'm trying to get the 360 to connect with Internet Connection Sharing through XP, but still no luck. Its an IP issue.

Six Switch
11-19-2005, 03:57 PM
i got on live,it is fun

yay

Mattiekrome
11-19-2005, 04:48 PM
Pics guys Pics! Think of us losers that didnt get one! :D

Oh and congrats to both of you! </jealousy>

i got on live,it is fun

yay

Was there anyone else on?

Six Switch
11-19-2005, 05:58 PM
not too many,but a few.they said they all won systems too of course.i'll try to take some pictures later.

poopnes
11-19-2005, 09:29 PM
Here's some pics. Sorry I hate to say I've been drinking and these were from a Motorola V551 cell transfered through bluetooth to my N-Gage QD. I was going to host them on my Charter account but its down. So they probably suck.

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/2990/18my.th.jpg

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/2990/18my.th.jpg

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/6938/28jk.th.jpg

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/6938/28jk.th.jpg

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/5317/33ez.th.jpg

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/5317/33ez.th.jpg

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/2769/43pg.th.jpg

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/2769/43pg.th.jpg

First impressions: The next gen is really here...at least in terms of graphics. I've heard that you wont get the full experience unless you have an HDTV...BULL SH*T. The Live 2006 demo and Kameo prove that wrong. I have my 360 hooked up through composite and its damn beautiful. The arcade games are great...and the free trials are a blessing for poor folk like me. I only wish I had an online game to play. O well. Might buy Gauntlet and play some multiplayer, but I doubt anyone's playing it--everyone's probably too busy playing Perfect Dark 0.

PS// No its not worth $400, but its certainly a blast. Especially when it's free.[/img]

PS2// Xbox live works great if I hook my cable modem directly to the 360. But I still can't get a working network. Argh.

PS3// We recieved Kameo today, but the little card inside the package states we'll recieve our original stated game (either being Madden or Need for Speed) within 2 weeks.

PS4// I can't figure out the pics. I don't care. Maybe charter will come back up and I can post them regularly.

swlovinist
11-20-2005, 12:35 AM
Well I got mine today at 9:00 AM sharp. I work at a game store, so I got to borrow Perfect Dark and mine too came with Kameo as a bonus game :). It was pretty awsome. I could get mine to go online with Perfect Dark but not Halo 2(even after downloading the bonus maps. on my 360. The xbox tech said that I would not be able to play Halo 2 online till launch day. Hopefully all the bugs get worked out. I can say that Perfect Dark is no Halo. THE GAME IS SLOW AS HELL. Pretty Graphics, ok gameplay, but overall I am going to have to play more to fully evaluate it. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE DEMOS, ARCADE GAMES, AND EXTRA STUFF YOU can download. Geometry Wars is the shit. I like that you can earn credit to buy stuff. I would buy gauntlet for 5.00 to play online with others. The graphics are sharp and not soft like the Xbox. Overall the system is pretty good and alot better in person. Is is worth $400? No, I too would wait. There are going to be alot of good games for the system, but there isnt a killer app for it...yet.

Here is a pic of my system

http://videogamecollectors.com/gallery/noisycricketroomofdoom

Six Switch
11-20-2005, 12:43 AM
some things to say:

turning on the system with the controller is really awesome,and maybe i am just lazy but i have been waiting to do that.

the headset feels a little weird on my head,but i am getting use to it.

perfect dark is good,but it is a little slow.and no jump button will take getting use to.

when i play on live there is an echo on like,everything.pretty annoying.

the system gets HOTT.like,really warm.

the power source is fucking huge,it even has it's own light.jesus.

the graphics are nice and like everyone said,it is cool to have for free but it is not really worth the $400.

that is day 1

poopnes
11-20-2005, 01:31 AM
Nobody's online to play Gauntlet. Man, I paid a good $6.25 for those 500 "points" to buy Gauntlet and I haven't seen anyone online. Sucks.

The 360 does get hot.. There's actually a warning at the end of the english part of the instruction booklet that says if the 360 gets too hot it will shut down and the ring of light will flash red until its cool enough to start playing again. Mines been on for about 12 hours though and no problem.

Currently I have my 360 standing verticaly because I don't have the space for it.

Played through the beginning of Kameo three times now, showing it off to friends. At first I didn't like it, but now its grown on me.

Hexic HD (free game on the HD) is fun and most importantly it was free.

One of the coolest things I think is the ability to play your own music during any game. I know certain Xbox games let you do this, but all you have to do now is bring up the guide and select your music and it will play. Nice. Made playing the 50min Hexic survival mode more enjoyable.

Again I'll mention my HD is showing 13GB... which irks me to no end. I really wonder what's up with that. MS needs to explain this one.

The controller...is...well...meh, for me at least. Its not terrible, but I still prefer my Logitech Cordless for the PS2. But turning the console on and off with the controller. Absolutely awesome. Its just a little thing, but it definately adds to the coolness factor.

The included remote is cool and nice for people who will use the 360 for their DVD player, ie me. Totally out of hookups on the TV and plugs on the power strip.

The 360 honestly is a nice machine. Here's hoping that the games live up to expectation.

Six Switch
11-20-2005, 01:54 AM
the music thing is cool,it just keeps screwing up with my ipod.now it doesn't play anything,its weird as hell.

poopnes
11-20-2005, 02:18 AM
Ok got XBox Live and my XP comp to share the internet connection. Had do manually enter the IP/DNS settings, but it finally works. Used these two MS support pages to give me generic but avaialable addresses I could use.

<a ref="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3BQ306126#XSLTH3193121122120121120120">Link 1</a>
Link 2 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308006/)

Just have to keep the PC awake and on and I have a internet connection for my 360. No problem its always like that.

I'm glad I'm done with that. For some reason that was for sure too hard for its own good.

swlovinist
11-20-2005, 03:38 AM
I just got done with my late night round 2 of gaming online with the thing...

Halo 2 now is functional online... and it looks amazing X_x

The upped 720p does make a difference. I was impressed. I cannot wait to play other xbox games on my 360

The xbox arcade is a cool idea. I hope to see more games and stuff.

I played more of Perfect Dark and cannot wait to play others. Quake 4 and Call of Duty are probably better.

Being able to download trailers and demos is going to be awsome. I cannot wait to see more.

PS2Hawk
11-20-2005, 08:01 PM
I beat Kameo twice and I must say its amazing. The first time I deleted my game save so I played again. Kameo certianly holds you in as soon as u start playing.... I think its the best launch title...

Six Switch
11-20-2005, 09:46 PM
my ipod doesn't work,it just won't play songs.

lame.
weird.

PS2Hawk
11-20-2005, 09:48 PM
my ipod doesn't work,it just won't play songs.

lame.
weird.

go in Market Place and get the drivers for IPOD, I saw them there.. I don't have IPOD...

Six Switch
11-21-2005, 12:42 AM
i looked all over the marketplace,where is it exacly?

thanks though,this would be awesome if it worked.

PS2Hawk
11-21-2005, 12:43 AM
go in all download... and there is something like IPOD support

poopnes
11-21-2005, 01:04 AM
i looked all over the marketplace,where is it exacly?

thanks though,this would be awesome if it worked.

I don't think you have to download anything, I believe that would be against their intentions of plug and play. I do know that the 360 can not play protected AAC (that's what they're called aren't they?) files. Non DRMed files are cool though.

And as a heads up it will not read ATRAC3 files from my NETMD walkman. I knew it probably wouldn't, but I just had to try. The NETMD showed PC-->MD on the display though.

I stand corrected on the iPod support.

Goto:

Xbox Live Marketplace
Game Downloads
All games tab
Alphabetical List of Games
Optional iPod support

Could they have made that any easier?

more//

The more and more I play Kameo the more I'm beginning to love it. This is a fun game. I didn't like the controls at first, but I'm quite comfortable with it now.

There were some more trailers and themes added tonight.

You can stream JPG's and Music with XP if you d/l the Connect software.

That's all. These up till 4am nights are killing me. :) But I'm loving it.

Six Switch
11-21-2005, 06:13 AM
haha yeah i found that ten minutes after i asked last night.and thats awesome,thanks guys now it all works.so yay for that.

i tried to get it to hook up with my computer but i just gave up and went back to pdz.

PS2Hawk
12-26-2005, 06:15 AM
You remember the day I made this thread... woot what a joyful day that was, anyways today.. on christmas I was playing Project Gotham Racing 3 and the xbox 360 froze, I hit the power button and it went back to PGR3 ..selected ENZO FERRERI..... and FROZE again.. did it total 4 times on car select and waaaaammm the 3 flashing RED LIGHTS.... the xbox360 is dead!!!!..... I am so sad man .. I just finished school on saturday morning 2:30 am and then went to bed woke up and later was playing PGR3... almost done with the game and now tihs happend ..

Johnny_Rock
12-26-2005, 06:17 AM
Your bold text scares me....

But yeah alot of the 360's are doing that.

PS2Hawk
12-27-2005, 03:45 AM
I called MS they are sending me a repair box... If I am lucky I might get the 360 repaired in 2 weeks....

poopnes
12-27-2005, 10:03 AM
You remember the day I made this thread... woot what a joyful day that was, anyways today.. on christmas I was playing Project Gotham Racing 3 and the xbox 360 froze, I hit the power button and it went back to PGR3 ..selected ENZO FERRERI..... and FROZE again.. did it total 4 times on car select and waaaaammm the 3 flashing RED LIGHTS.... the xbox360 is dead!!!!..... I am so sad man .. I just finished school on saturday morning 2:30 am and then went to bed woke up and later was playing PGR3... almost done with the game and now tihs happend ..

Sorry to hear that. Still no problems out of mine. When you send your 360 in, dont' include the HDD. You might get a free one out of it...

PS2Hawk
12-27-2005, 07:13 PM

Sorry to hear that. Still no problems out of mine. When you send your 360 in, dont' include the HDD. You might get a free one out of it...

naa man screw it as long as they repair it and I got the console for free.. no need to get greedy ;)