PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS)

Cmtz
10-08-2005, 07:41 PM
I haven't finished Lost in Blue, I just picked up Truma Center today and I still need to buy Castlevania this week and then Capcom throws this out there. Don't they know I have to pay very expensive medical bills?

I just watched this on ign.

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/682/682876/vids_1.html

It comes out on Tuesday.

Tritoch
10-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Between the games you mentioned (and Meteos and Mario Kart and Animal Crossing and...), I'm starting to really regret picking a PSP over a Nintendo DS...

Cmtz
10-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Sadly I have only one game for my PSP. It's Ridge Racer. I love the game, but it does not compare to the DS's games. It's been at least 3 months since I pick up my PSP. I really wanted to get into both portables, but the Damn PSP has nothing to offer me, except sport games and PS1 titles.

MarkMan
10-08-2005, 08:13 PM
PSP really needs to step their library up...

At least a few good JPN games came out recently...

And DS is DStroying the competition right now...

Can't wait for this game as well.

PDorr3
10-08-2005, 09:51 PM
I am on the fence for this one, Im not sure if I will like solving court cases, it seems a bit boring, but I hear alot of praise for it....guess I will wait for reviews and see what the big deal is.

pacmanhat
10-09-2005, 03:23 PM
As someone who is obsessed with "Law & Order", I can't wait for this. I know it's not the same, but it's close enough in my book.

s1lence
10-09-2005, 03:32 PM
I am on the fence for this one, Im not sure if I will like solving court cases, it seems a bit boring, but I hear alot of praise for it....guess I will wait for reviews and see what the big deal is.

It looks alot like the same style as Trace Memory so it way be well worth playing.

Crush Crawfish
10-09-2005, 06:28 PM
It looks pretty sweet to me. It's definitely the unique type of game that the DS is suited for, and you just gotta love screaming "OBJECTION!!!!!!" into your DS' microphone. I'll be picking it up for sure.

Cmtz
10-11-2005, 02:49 PM
So, did anyone get this game today. I'm all out of money for this month. I've got way to many medical bills.

segagamer4life
10-11-2005, 02:56 PM
I think it ships today, and will be in stores tomorrow, fyi...

I am getting it. it looks nice.

djbeatmongrel
10-11-2005, 03:01 PM
thank god i work at GS and have this pre ordered, i am soo off with my release dates. forgot it was coming out this week. if gunstar super heroes comes out this week my bank account is going to cry lol

Jorpho
10-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Such a pity the translation project for the GBA games ( http://comebackcourt.sourceforge.net/ ) seems to have stalled.

Cmtz
10-12-2005, 06:56 PM
did anyone get it yet?

sirhansirhan
10-12-2005, 08:22 PM
I picked it up this afternoon, but haven't played it yet. I've gotten caught up watching season two of Arrested Development and playing NES games.

I'm a big winner.

SoulBlazer
10-12-2005, 08:26 PM
I was told at my local EB that the game was delayed one day and they hope to have it tommorow. Since I have a pre-order on the game, that means I know they are not just giving me the run around.

pacmanhat
10-12-2005, 08:40 PM
I picked it up today, but haven't tried it out yet. Based on the reviews, though, I'm hopeful that this will open up the doors for more point and click adventure-type games on the DS.

Cmtz
10-12-2005, 09:25 PM
I picked it up today, but haven't tried it out yet. Based on the reviews, though, I'm hopeful that this will open up the doors for more point and click adventure-type games on the DS.

What, you have it but have yet to try it out. What kind of evil person are you? Stop doing this to me and tell me what you think so I can cry, since I can't buy it because of medical bills.

Thank you

djbeatmongrel
10-12-2005, 09:27 PM
will be getting it tomorrow at work (working at gamestop on the release day is sweet). when i say release day i mean the day after the official date

pacmanhat
10-12-2005, 09:39 PM

What you have it but have yet to try it out. What kind of evil person are you. Stop doing this to me and tell me what you think so I can cry, since I can't buy it because of medical bills.

Thank you
I picked it up on my way to class, which I'm still in, so...no real chance to yet. Later tonight it'll get a good out-trying, though.
You have my apologies if they're truly warranted.

philosophyst
10-12-2005, 10:58 PM
I just got back from picking it up at Game Stop, it is the only place I could find that had it. I called EB, Best Buy, Fry's Electronics, Game Crazy and some others but not only did these places not have it but when I asked about it, most had no clue what I was talking about....."Phoenix what?" I can understand people at say Best Buy not knowing about it but the people at game stores didn't know either.

I'll be firing this baby up in about an hour, I have to watch the Martha Apprentice with my wife first. :D

philosophyst
10-13-2005, 07:31 PM
I finished the second case and am a good way into the third case....I love it!

I can see how some people may find this game boring, it's one of those that you will love or hate. I can't put it down.

So, anyone that has played it, let us know what you think.

Brisco
10-13-2005, 07:38 PM
I'm very happy that I decided to go ahead and order via Capcom directly. I ordered it from them on Tuesday afternoon, received it today, and opened up the package to discover not only the Phoenix Wright game & the stylus(which is the same one from the Japanese LE version), but that Capcom really likes my business, and also included a Flipnic PS2 demo, a Capcom product catalog, and a Phoenix Wright T-Shirt! This was quite a nice surprise.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/David73/Standups/IMG_0997.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/David73/Standups/IMG_0999.jpg

philosophyst
10-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Nice! Let me know if you want to part with the shirt.

Drexel923
10-13-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm very happy that I decided to go ahead and order via Capcom directly. I ordered it from them on Tuesday afternoon, received it today, and opened up the package to discover not only the Phoenix Wright game & the stylus(which is the same one from the Japanese LE version), but that Capcom really likes my business, and also included a Flipnic PS2 demo, a Capcom product catalog, and a Phoenix Wright T-Shirt! This was quite a nice surprise.

Wow X_x

Can you still get the stylus if you order from them...or was it a pre-order only thing?

I still haven't picked up a copy yet and I want that stylus.

pacmanhat
10-13-2005, 09:34 PM
I was expecting it to be a bit more true to life (i.e., no supernatural things, a more accurate picture of the American legal system), but it's still an awesome game. My only hope is that it gets a bit tougher, but even if it doesn't I'll still be satisfied.

Six Switch
10-13-2005, 09:35 PM
shit
iwas going to pre-order but said i would a few days later,oh well.

Brisco
10-13-2005, 10:04 PM
I believe it was a preorder only thing, but you might call Capcom's customer service and ask them if they have any to spare. When I called, the CSR told me that I had good timing, and that the game was going to start shipping in a few hours, so I kinda snuck in at the gun.

Gideon
10-13-2005, 10:20 PM
I'd like to call <anyone who owns this game> to the stand. The Japanese version had an option for English. Does the English version have an option for Japanese?

Thank you. No further questions.

(Yeah, it's God-damn corny. But everybody's doing it.)

Stark
10-13-2005, 10:37 PM
I OBJECT your honor to a Japanesse translation in the English version.

No further questions.

LOL

Is this more of a solve the mystery type or mostly courtroom back and forth?

djbeatmongrel
10-13-2005, 11:26 PM
the game is awesome, nothing more nothing less, just awesome. i am gonna be broke by this rate all these good DS games coming out heheh

DonMarco
10-13-2005, 11:35 PM
Quick question: is anyone else really upset that there was no GBA release for this game in the states? I don't own a DS and won't get one in the immediate future. I do have two GBAs and my shiny new GBM, though. I mean, wouldn't leaving the game as a GBA title mean it would have a better chance in the market? Real-time lawyering action isn't exactly "big" right now. Or is this another game to make people (like me) jump in the DS bandwagon?

Glowing reviews don't sell games. Systems sell games. In fact, to further waste time with this post, please check out the deleted scenes Nintendo of America censors didn't want you to see!

Conflict (http://www.reset931.net/saiban/Obj_Nar.swf?inputStr=DM%3A+%22No+U.S.+GBA+release% 3F%3F%3F%21%21%22+++Objection%21%211%21%21one%0D%0 A)!!
Extortion (http://www.reset931.net/saiban/Obj_Kar.swf?inputStr=NoA%3A+Shut+up+and+buy+a+DS%2 1)!!!
Nudity (http://www.reset931.net/saiban/Obj_Mit.swf?inputStr=Where+are+my+pants%2C+dammit% 21)!!!!!

Cmtz
10-14-2005, 07:09 AM
Quick question: is anyone else really upset that there was no GBA release for this game in the states? I don't own a DS and won't get one in the immediate future. I do have two GBAs and my shiny new GBM, though. I mean, wouldn't leaving the game as a GBA title mean it would have a better chance in the market? Real-time lawyering action isn't exactly "big" right now. Or is this another game to make people (like me) jump in the DS bandwagon?

Glowing reviews don't sell games. Systems sell games. In fact, to further waste time with this post, please check out the deleted scenes Nintendo of America censors didn't want you to see!

Conflict (http://www.reset931.net/saiban/Obj_Nar.swf?inputStr=DM%3A+%22No+U.S.+GBA+release% 3F%3F%3F%21%21%22+++Objection%21%211%21%21one%0D%0 A)!!
Extortion (http://www.reset931.net/saiban/Obj_Kar.swf?inputStr=NoA%3A+Shut+up+and+buy+a+DS%2 1)!!!
Nudity (http://www.reset931.net/saiban/Obj_Mit.swf?inputStr=Where+are+my+pants%2C+dammit% 21)!!!!!

I'm super happy it's for the DS.

segagamer4life
10-14-2005, 08:18 AM
my wife has been playing the hell out of this, I am working on Lost In the blue... and that OWNS... nice to see some great quality games on the DS.

Rabid Peanut-Butter
10-14-2005, 01:10 PM
God Damnit, I pre-ordered this at my local EB and they STILL don't have any in. I've also checked 3 other stores around here with no luck. :( I really, really, really want to play this.

Pedro Lambrini
10-14-2005, 03:01 PM
I'm patiently waiting for a PAL release of this game and have been ever since it was announced! I am really tempted to import but I am (desperately) trying to support the release of PAL games on the DS.

OT: So far over here the choice of games is limited to say the least.

I presume, if it does come over here, there'll be no t-shirts or stylii either! Maybe we'll get a box with it or an instruction manual! Whinge over :p

Six Switch
10-18-2005, 12:34 PM
i ordered mine after i read this thread and just got it today with the shirt,keychain and demo and shirt and all that.

pretty cool,now to play the game

djbeatmongrel
10-18-2005, 12:44 PM
just beat the 4th case today, gonna work on the 5th a little later

Pedro Lambrini
10-18-2005, 01:08 PM
i ordered mine after i read this thread and just got it today with the shirt,keychain and demo and shirt and all that.

pretty cool,now to play the game

Where'd you get it from? Maybe I could order it and get it sent to the UK? :)

Six Switch
10-18-2005, 05:40 PM
from capcom's site.you might to call to see if they have the goodies left.

Pedro Lambrini
10-18-2005, 06:00 PM

Nah, they won't ship outside Canada and the US. :( Gits! Would someone buy this for me and I will pay them through Paypal or something? Please...*crosses fingers*

THATinkjar
10-19-2005, 03:33 AM

Nah, they won't ship outside Canada and the US. :( Gits! Would someone buy this for me and I will pay them through Paypal or something? Please...*crosses fingers*

Are you also struggling to import Phoenix Wright full stop? I know a UK web site which stocks US DS games...

Mayhem
10-19-2005, 06:06 AM
Nah, he's after any limited edition stuff... not easy to find in general (I got lucky with the Japanese limited version I have).

Pedro Lambrini
10-19-2005, 06:16 AM
Are you also struggling to import Phoenix Wright full stop? I know a UK web site which stocks US DS games...

Thanks anyway, but as Mayhem said, it's the limited stuff I'm after really. I can get the game form pretty much anywhere but again, thanks. :)

djbeatmongrel
10-19-2005, 08:42 PM
Just beat the game. its well worth the effort. i'd have to say this is definitely one of the top DS titles so far.

THATinkjar
10-20-2005, 03:34 AM
Just beat the game. its well worth the effort. i'd have to say this is definitely one of the top DS titles so far.

Good :) I just ordered mine... can't wait! It'll be like an episode of Diagnosis Murder or Monk! (I hope!)

gamegirl79
10-25-2005, 07:55 PM
I ordered this from Capcom's site last week and just got it today, WITH the t-shirt, keychain, demo, etc. So if anyone still wants the goodies, order the game now!

calthaer
10-25-2005, 10:11 PM
I also got the game last week after seeing this thread, and also got the goodies - they threw FIVE Of those styluses in there!

Cmtz, if you want one of these styluses as you can't afford the game right now, I'll mail you one.

Drexel923
10-25-2005, 10:50 PM
I beat the game last night and I can definitely say its worth the purchase. A fun game all the way through, with a good mix of puzzle solving and humor. I can't wait for Phoenix Wright 2 :)

I also got the game last week after seeing this thread, and also got the goodies - they threw FIVE Of those styluses in there!

OMG...I sent you a PM. Hopefully you can spare one of those.

djbeatmongrel
10-25-2005, 11:12 PM

dude, pm to be sent in a second i would like one as well if you have another

calthaer
10-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Got your PMs...not sure what these are worth - the only comparable thing I can see on the 'net are those LE pink styluses that N gave out for registering Kirby Canvas Curse. I'll get back to you peeps in a bit, but you're the first two, so you two + Cmtz if he wants one are spoken for.

Pedro Lambrini
10-26-2005, 05:16 AM
Sometimes it's really shite staying in the UK...We are the fastest growing market in the world (and the biggest in Europe) and we are still treated as 2nd class gamers. I hate everbody!

On topic though, I am really intrigued by this game. I'm interested in any game that isn't the run-of-the-mill driving or military drivel we tend to get. :)

THATinkjar
10-26-2005, 05:23 AM
Sometimes it's really shite staying in the UK...We are the fastest growing market in the world (and the biggest in Europe) and we are still treated as 2nd class gamers. I hate everbody!

On topic though, I am really intrigued by this game. I'm interested in any game that isn't the run-of-the-mill driving or military drivel we tend to get. :)

I'm hearing you, brother! There are some advantages, though. I kinda like being second (or third) for hardware. The whole Civilization IV debacle has ruffled my feathers, though. The whole thing blows.

As for the game, I've barely touched it yet (damn you, PES5!). I did load it up briefly, and watched a woman fall to the floor moaning "Why did this have to happen to me?". I cracked up. This game will rock, as soon as I find the time to play it.

Lothars
10-26-2005, 01:48 PM
I am pumped to play this game, I actually haven't seen it around here yet

but hopefully soon

play2win
10-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Well, retro videogame collectors that are also aspiring lawyers will appreciate this. I'm in my last year of law school and now I can finally have these well-honed litigation skills portrayed anime style!

colonel_chambers
10-26-2005, 02:28 PM
When i first heard about this game, I thought it would be rubbish. But I now feel that it's worth checking out. I need a DS first though! :(

Jorpho
12-21-2005, 09:11 PM
I got to play through the first two cases of this recently. Hilarious stuff! I'm going to have to rent this again!

It occurs to me that this is one concept that might actually have made a decent FMV game back in the day. Of course, I can't see it working nearly as well as it does with live action and cheesy acting.

And of course if there's another kooky Capcom fighting game, you just know Phoenix Wright is going to be playable. Or maybe Chun Li will just go on the witness stand.

Rabid Peanut-Butter
12-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Seriously, Capcom really does need to make another crazy vs. fighting game. Phoneix Wright, Viewtiful Joe, Dante... oh the possibilties.

drummy
12-22-2005, 01:15 PM
Phoenix Wright is amazing, I'm on the last episode. I am loving it, although getting stuck can piss me off something terrible. Can't wait for the second one!

Mayhem
02-19-2006, 09:18 AM
An absolutely fucking hilarious promo trailer for the game in Japan (translated thankfully) and for the DS... enjoy :)

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2006/02/14/phoenix-wright-ds-spokesperson/

Jorpho
02-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Wa ha ha.

So is that an all new game, or is it the same remake of the first game that was released in North America?

Mayhem
02-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Yeah that's for the game on the DS that was released in the West. I seriously hope Capcom are thinking about releasing the other two on the GBA over here as well.

hezeuschrist
02-19-2006, 01:54 PM
Yeah that's for the game on the DS that was released in the West. I seriously hope Capcom are thinking about releasing the other two on the GBA over here as well.

I thought the DS game was a compilation of all the other games + the last new case?

Mayhem
02-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Nope. The DS version is the first GBA game plus the extra fifth case.

hezeuschrist
02-19-2006, 03:25 PM
How many GBA games are there?

Jorpho
02-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Three at this point. A fan translation project has gotten started on the third one and has yielded some results.

Mayhem
02-19-2006, 05:28 PM
The first game is what we've seen regarding Phoenix Wright starting out. The second game follows on from this. The third game looks at Mia (Phoenix's boss) when she was starting out instead.

Jorpho
02-26-2006, 04:32 PM
Gwah. Finally had a chance to finish the game at last...

That fifth case is a dozy. The new features are nice and all, but there are so many bits where it feels like entirely arbitrary barriers are put in your way to keep you from doing exactly what you already know you need to do. The mountain of unnecessary evidence you accumulate doesn't help much either.

Oh well. The other four cases are still pretty darn good.

mkg12
02-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Hey people who recieved the shirt from pre-ordering the game. Would you be able to take a picture of it? I am curious to see how they look? Are they just the ones that say,"OBJECTION!" or,"TAKE THAT!"?