PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 shortage

EricRyan34
11-11-2005, 10:15 AM
I have a friend that works at FYE, and he recently told me that they had over 400 pre-orders, but they are only getting in 18, thats right, 18 Xbox 360s. A guy who works at Gamestop also said similar things about them. Has anyone heard anything like this and is this going to be a major problem? O_O

googlefest1
11-11-2005, 10:20 AM
i heared this all the time at gamestops

while in a gamecrazy store ive heared that they will have them avaiable

so - so far im thinking its a scam -- im waiting to see lines of pissed off customers before i belive it

yes i dont think they have a ton of units being manufactured but i dont think its as low as the rumors i hear

GetImOliver
11-11-2005, 10:33 AM
From what I've heard, only about 2/3 of the preorders will be delivered on time. However, they also said that all orders would be filled by the 24th of December, in time for Christmas. But still, there are going to be a lot of angry customers that I'm going to have to deal with. Thus, Microsoft is not my friend right now.

Darren870
11-11-2005, 10:43 AM
at eb we are only getting in 52 frist day. They told us 100+ then cut it down to 52.

Sucks... a lot!

rpepper9
11-11-2005, 10:44 AM
I really don't think that there is going to be a shortage. I think it is all propeganda, and that they are trying to raise the hype. When the PS2 launched there was genuine shortages, and in the long run it got tones of media attention and caused it to be one of the most sought after items for that holiday season. I say they will have plenty, and not to believe the hype.

pacmanhat
11-11-2005, 10:57 AM
There WILL be a shortage, but I don't think it'll be as bad as some places are having us believe. My pre-order was delayed, but I'm not worried about having to wait for months or anything like that. I also have a very hard time believing that an FYE store would have 400 pre-orders, but that's probably just me.

s1lence
11-11-2005, 11:07 AM
Well the gamecrazy in my area told me they are getting 16. They are getting a list together of the first 16 pre-orders to tell those people they are getting one, but they have to pick them up within 48hrs or the next person in line is getting one. They wouldn't tell me if I was in the first 16 though.

11-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Bah, there seem to always be shortages on the first run. I completely expect that.

swlovinist
11-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Create a shortage for Christmas, get alot of free advertising. It is an excellent marketing plan. Happens all the time.

-hellvin-
11-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Yep, defenitely will be a shortage. There were originally going to be 55 units shipped to use, now about 20. Something surprising may happen beforehand and we get more but I doubt it. I'm still pretty confident I'll get one release day. There's tons of resources out here in AZ.

kevin_psx
11-11-2005, 01:17 PM
EBgames says only 20% of their customers will get a box

The other 80% have to wait 'til after christmas!

11-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Get yours now and get on ebay! LOL

smokehouse
11-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Not that I told any of you personally but I called this months ago. This happened to me on the PS2 when EB Games put me at #300+ when all the got was 30 some units. I cancelled my order the day before launch, got my money back and bought one at K Mart on launch day. These places are liars, plain and simple. They tell everyone that comes in that they will be getting a console and when they donít, they claim some sort of unknown shortage. Itís a scam. They take and hold your money; you get the shaft and a console far past launch day.

Long story short I will never pre order anything again. Iíve yet to have a problem picking up a system on launch, including the N64 and PS2.

Mayhem
11-11-2005, 03:15 PM
The figure for the US is apparently 1 million consoles before Xmas. Guess the demand is a lot higher than that then!

The UK by comparison is apparently getting... 50,000. With around 150,000 pre-orders at least so far.

Griking
11-11-2005, 07:10 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2005/20051111l.jpg

njiska
11-11-2005, 07:21 PM

Damn it Griking posting PA comic's in response to something is my Schtick. LOL

Seriously though i'd better get my Xbox 360 on launch day. I'm getting it at a blockbuster and so far they're promising that it'll be in stock. All the same i'll slit throats to get it.

hezeuschrist
11-11-2005, 07:27 PM

Damn it Griking posting PA comic's in response to something i my Schtick. LOL

Seriously though i'd better get my Xbox 360 on launch day. I'm getting it at a blockbuster and so far they're promising that it'll be in stock. All the same i'll slit throats to get it.

Haha, you trusted something a Blockbuster employee told you. They have no idea how many they're getting.

They took 10 preorders, just like every other Game Rush in the country. There's a good chance that since EB and Gamestop are losing preorder allocations like mad, we may have been cut from the picture entirely. Blockbuster corporate is about the rustiest engine in the universe, information doesn't travel anywhere. I KNOW some asshole in Houson has an Email from microsoft sitting in his inbox telling the state of our 360 preorders, but he just forgot to send it to the stores.

We're all in the dark, and historically we get pretty much every game a week late. Blockbuster doesn't take the division seriously enough, so we slack hard.

If you can afford a box ontop of your preorder, I highly suggest camping at Best Buy or Walmart somewhere for a likely better chance at getting one on launch than relying on Blockbusters stupid ass.

njiska
11-11-2005, 07:31 PM

Damn it Griking posting PA comic's in response to something i my Schtick. LOL

Haha, you trusted something a Blockbuster employee told you. They have no idea how many they're getting.

They took 10 preorders, just like every other Game Rush in the country. There's a good chance that since EB and Gamestop are losing preorder allocations like mad, we may have been cut from the picture entirely. Blockbuster corporate is about the rustiest engine in the universe, information doesn't travel anywhere. I KNOW some asshole in Houson has an Email from microsoft sitting in his inbox telling the state of our 360 preorders, but he just forgot to send it to the stores.

We're all in the dark, and historically we get pretty much every game a week late. Blockbuster doesn't take the division seriously enough, so we slack hard.

If you can afford a box ontop of your preorder, I highly suggest camping at Best Buy or Walmart somewhere for a likely better chance at getting one on launch than relying on Blockbusters stupid ass.

To befair it's not like i'd trust just any Blockbuster emplyoee. I know this guy personally and i do trust him. If the company say they're fine, then the company said they're fine. I don't know what to expect but i'll damn well be there to get it. I don't exactly live in a town with a lot of pre-order options.

I know blockbuster sucks ass at getting things in on time, but in this country they've always been pretty good about systems.

Worst comes to worst i'm friends with an EB manager (the store just opened this week and he's a former manager at the blockbuster i pre-ordered from) and with any luck he can get me one. I just need to make a call.

kainemaxwell
11-11-2005, 07:43 PM
I have a friend that works at FYE, and he recently told me that they had over 400 pre-orders, but they are only getting in 18, thats right, 18 Xbox 360s. A guy who works at Gamestop also said similar things about them. Has anyone heard anything like this and is this going to be a major problem? O_O
Yeah, no surprise with FYE actually. I should find out how many pre-orders we got compared to how many we'll actually have this season. Hell people still come in and ask or beg for a pre-order. Be prepared to say no...and have riot gear..

hezeuschrist
11-11-2005, 07:46 PM
I don't wanna be a dick, but your personal friend at GameRush doesn't know how many hes getting. Microsoft hasn't told him anything, we started taking 10 preorders to be conservative, not because Microsoft said anything, but because Blockbuster doesn't have a clue whats going on.

Microsoft hasn't told us a damn thing. We don't have MS, Sony, or Nintendo reps. We get nothing directly from these companies. They all treat us like the bastard child of the Game industry because we have absolutely no ability to move new product due to our ginormous used games sections. On our current new release board we have two up coming games:

"Mark Echo's Getting Up" and
"Need for Speed: Americas Most Wanted"

The company is clueless.

njiska
11-11-2005, 07:55 PM
I don't wanna be a dick, but your personal friend at GameRush doesn't know how many hes getting. Microsoft hasn't told him anything, we started taking 10 preorders to be conservative, not because Microsoft said anything, but because Blockbuster doesn't have a clue whats going on.

Microsoft hasn't told us a damn thing. We don't have MS, Sony, or Nintendo reps. We get nothing directly from these companies. They all treat us like the bastard child of the Game industry because we have absolutely no ability to move new product due to our ginormous used games sections. On our current new release board we have two up coming games:

"Mark Echo's Getting Up" and
"Need for Speed: Americas Most Wanted"

The company is clueless.

Whoa first of it's not game rush in this country, it's just a regualr Blockbuster. Second i said that he said that thigher up's said it would be there.

If the company say they're fine, then the company said they're fine.

I never said it was confirmed they would be there. In fact i specifically said:

I don't know what to expect but i'll damn well be there to get it.

That means i'll be there to get it and if it isn't then i'll be pissed.

That being said i think you need to calm down or you might actually be a dick. I agree that the company is fucking clueless, but there's no need to bring that problem into the thread.

Just remember that the Canadian Blockbuster is run by a different management team then the american side. They still suck ass, but it's diferent people fucking it up. Like i said before they've never had a problem getting systems at launch, only games. They've had every system since the DC in store at launch. Only about 10 units or so, but it's usually there.

Now there really is no need for this pointless debate to continue. Come the 22nd i'll have the answer. So let's just put and end to it ok? :)

hezeuschrist
11-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Just trying to ease the blow come a week from Tuesday.

Trust me, I hope to god we meet preorders or else I too won't be getting one.

I've been with the company for nearly 5 years and you seriously wouldn't beleive how absolutely assanine their practices are. I could list the most ridiculous list of crap that they do to seemingly intentionally lose money.

Viacom dumped them for a reason, they circiling the drain at light speed.

pacmanhat
11-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Just got back from GameCrazy...the store had about 20 preorders and are getting FOUR units. I'm 18th on the list or so, meaning I'm gonna have to wait a couple of weeks or so after launch.

Additionally, I talked to the manager at the GameStop I used to work at and they're getting MORE 360's than they were originally allotted for their first shipment - meaning that some 2nd shipment folks are actually getting moved UP.

Perhaps the shortage isn't as bad as people are saying after all.

njiska
11-11-2005, 08:12 PM
Just trying to ease the blow come a week from Tuesday.

Trust me, I hope to god we meet preorders or else I too won't be getting one.

I've been with the company for nearly 5 years and you seriously wouldn't beleive how absolutely assanine their practices are. I could list the most ridiculous list of crap that they do to seemingly intentionally lose money.

Viacom dumped them for a reason, they circiling the drain at light speed.

Alright then if we get 'em then we meet on live and celebrate, if we don't then will get drunk and wash away the sorrow.

Perhaps the shortage isn't as bad as people are saying after all.

From what i've heard there may be a slow roll out of consoles. More and more coming every few days.

Arkaign
11-11-2005, 08:57 PM
I imagine the trickle distribution strategy will be exactly what is going to happen (ie : 2-3 shipments a week), which coincides with production capacity. This will also help the hype/media bonanza, because of percieved shortages.

Slipdeath
11-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Well I went to my gamestop and they told me they are only receiving eight regular consoles, and four core ones. Although I was like the second to preorder I am 15th on the list because it goes by phone numbers. I am so pissed, what kind of logical list is that!?

EricRyan34
11-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Well I went to my gamestop and they told me they are only receiving eight regular consoles, and four core ones. Although I was like the second to preorder I am 15th on the list because it goes by phone numbers. I am so pissed, what kind of logical list is that!?

Thats a big load of BS, I would be pissed!

kainemaxwell
11-11-2005, 11:12 PM
I imagine the trickle distribution strategy will be exactly what is going to happen (ie : 2-3 shipments a week), which coincides with production capacity. This will also help the hype/media bonanza, because of percieved shortages.
Which will be hell for us in retail trying to explain why we don't have it for people...

Anthony1
11-11-2005, 11:20 PM
Here is a little secret for everybody on this website, because you guys are my friends and I care about your well being. Yeah right... But still, you guys are cool, so here's the scoop:

it's all about COSTCO baby!!! Costo has a deal for $479.99. Here is what you get:

Premium 360 system ($399.99)
Extra 360 Wired Controller ($29.99)
Play N Charge Kit ($29.99)
Kameo (49.99)

They open at 10am on Tuesday, but that is only for Business customers. You have to wait till 11am for regular Costco customers. I'm going to get in line at my local Costco at about 10:20 am, with a GBA SP in hand, to hold me over while I wait 40 minutes.

By the way, Sam's club has a really good deal too.

Stark
11-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Don't worry I'm sure there will be plenty of core systems for everyone. So lets say your favorite store says 52 systems available at launch. How many of those are core systems? At least 10-20 of those so the shortage of systems for gamers (not gramma's) is imminent in some places. :/

Buyatari
11-11-2005, 11:38 PM
I was #11 on the list for an Xbox and they only got 9 !!

I walked over to Best Buy across the street and bought one. They had hundreds.

Slipdeath
11-11-2005, 11:53 PM
Well i made a list of over 50 eligible non game stores, just in case :D Will costco sell non-bundled systems?

segagamer4life
11-11-2005, 11:56 PM
Bah, there seem to always be shortages on the first run. I completely expect that.

thats true with recent systems, except the xbox which there was a ton of as I remember... but I think this time MS is going to take a page out of sony's book, and under release to make a mint.

Dobie
11-12-2005, 08:10 PM
They open at 10am on Tuesday, but that is only for Business customers. You have to wait till 11am for regular Costco customers. I'm going to get in line at my local Costco at about 10:20 am, with a GBA SP in hand, to hold me over while I wait 40 minutes.

So... if I have access to Costco as a business customer, can I buy a 360 at 10:00? Because I have a business card...

EnemyZero
11-12-2005, 08:28 PM
i read multiple websites saying this, many stores only getting 1/3 of there stock, they are saying once the 1st shipment is gone anyone who didnt pre-order will have to wait till around april to get one

Trebuken
11-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Here's the rumors I got...
Walmart - each store gets 6
EB Games - each store gets 20% (one store was 18 other 28)
GameCrazy - 9, but they said they would have plenty of the $299 units.
Bestbuy - Getting 50 units, no preorders. They were supposed to get 100.

I believe these numbers are all $399 packages, no numbers on the $299's.

Even thogh the majority of preorders are for $399 bundles Microsoft is releasing a majority of $299 in order to control costs and to force you to buy the HD and etc. separate. This way they lose to money on the systems. I think they lose some money on the $399 bundle.

I'll pay the extra for the HD and such if I have to but I think I'm safe. EB called me today and told me to come pick up my system at Midnight on Monday. I was 32 on the list (they were alotted 28 units?), but they may have gotten more, or they are assuming not everyone will show.

I believe the systems are being alotted as they are produced so that there will be increasing fill of the preorders over the next nine days.

I already got Kameo so I better have a system for Thanksgiving or ... something...

Later,
Trebuken

L

PrototypeFC3S
11-12-2005, 08:44 PM
I talked to a Gamestop employee the other day, and he said that they are only getting in 12.

Whoever paid money first, gets it first. Not whether you paid more, just paid at all.

Tony Montana
11-13-2005, 10:28 AM

Ok, whoever told you that is a complete idiot. The list is made in alphabetical AND chronological. It should be an excel document with tabs at the button to switch between lists. The alpha. is so we can find people by name easily and the chronological is so we can determine who gets the systems first. They are supposed to go strictly by who reserved it first to determine who gets it with everyone on first shipment guaranteed a system and some 2nd ships too.

Not that I told any of you personally but I called this months ago. This happened to me on the PS2 when EB Games put me at #300+ when all the got was 30 some units. I cancelled my order the day before launch, got my money back and bought one at K Mart on launch day. These places are liars, plain and simple. They tell everyone that comes in that they will be getting a console and when they donít, they claim some sort of unknown shortage. Itís a scam. They take and hold your money; you get the shaft and a console far past launch day.

Wow, well either you have dealt with a poorly run store in the past or you chose not to listen. At GS we took "Guaranteed" preorders for about 2 weeks and then started "2nd Shipment" preorders with no guarantee of a pickup date. We told everyone who reserved one on the 2nd shipment exactly that, you're on our list but we dont have an idea of exactly when we will have yours. And what do you know, we will be getting ALL guaranteed preorders filled AND about 10 2nd ships also. So its not a lie or scam its a matter of what you want to hear and who happens to be talking to you.

Also, they dont hold your money hostage, every place I know of will refund your money for a preorder if you change your mind, so if you can find it somewhere else earlier so be it. So dont go making asinine statements with blatant lies.

Griking
11-13-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm sure there will be loads of them up for sale on eBay on launch day for $600-$700 each. And you know what, sadly they'll probably sell.

Anthony1
11-13-2005, 02:01 PM
I just went to my local GameCrazy yesterday to see where I was on the waiting list. I was 5th. I have mine completely paid for. So if they get 5 premium versions, then I'm cool. Only thing is, I don't know if they are going to open at Midnight, which kinda sucks.

At another GameCrazy, I'm the very first person on the list, and I also have it totally paid off. So I know I'm going to get my 360 at that store. I really doubt that this GameCrazy will be open on midnight.

You might wonder why I'm buying two 360's? Well, originally, I planned on buying two of them, and keeping both of them. Mainly because I need a extra HD component cable ($40) and a extra wireless controller ($50). So it's like getting $90 off another 360.

But now, I don't know... I might end up selling one of them. If the prices get really out of control, then I might not be able to help myself.

Gamefly just sent me an email saying that Kameo was on the way to my house. They should be sending me NBA 2K6 as well.

NYLatenite
11-13-2005, 02:06 PM
The part that burns me up is that EB (which is where I preordered back on May 27th) will be filling the online orders they took for the premium system up until August 30th at launch while I have been told I'll have to either hope a few people don't pick theirs up or wait for the 2nd shipment.

Bothers me that they're giving priority to people who didn't even put any money down (as they stated people wouldn't be billed until a few days before they ship)

Anthony1
11-13-2005, 02:11 PM
If anybody is getting screwed over their pre-orders, then just go to Costo or Sam's club on launch day, and say the hell with it.

Sam's Club and Costco's deals are the best out there. You end up getting like $40 worth of free stuff, you really can't beat it. Everybody is going to need a extra controller and a plan n charge kit anyways. And with the Costco deal, you get Kameo, which I personally believe is a Game of the Year 2005 canidate.

I almost wish I didn't even have a preorder, cause I would rather have the Costco bundle. Nobody is going to even think about Costco on launch day. The only thing you have to worry about is whether or not the Costo Business customers will get in there 1 hour early and buy the 360 that you want.

NYLatenite
11-13-2005, 02:58 PM
I'd love to be able to go to Costco or the like and try camping for one, but unfortunately I paid off my 360 order in full back in early September when I was told by EB that I should be getting my 360 at launch based on how early I ordered. EB's policy on cash refunds is anything over $150 has to be on a check but from their corporate offices - which is at least 7-10 business days - meaning I'd miss the launch anyway. :(

hezeuschrist
11-13-2005, 03:40 PM
I just went to my local GameCrazy yesterday to see where I was on the waiting list. I was 5th. I have mine completely paid for. So if they get 5 premium versions, then I'm cool. Only thing is, I don't know if they are going to open at Midnight, which kinda sucks.

The two GameCrazys I was in today are both getting 4 systems. I asked just for shits and giggles, but I honestly didn't expect the number to be THAT low.

Also, I read in our GameRush map last night that we'll have our numbers downloaded into the POS tomorrow, so I'll know tomorrow if I have one waiting for me at my store, but if GameCrazy is only getting 4 systems per store, I doubt we're getting any more than that.

If not, I've got some strings to pull around town and I'll have a hell of a long hunting day ahead of me on the 22nd.

njiska
11-13-2005, 03:43 PM

The two GameCrazys I was in today are both getting 4 systems. I asked just for shits and giggles, but I honestly didn't expect the number to be THAT low.

Also, I read in our GameRush map last night that we'll have our numbers downloaded into the POS tomorrow, so I'll know tomorrow if I have one waiting for me at my store, but if GameCrazy is only getting 4 systems per store, I doubt we're getting any more than that.

If not, I've got some strings to pull around town and I'll have a hell of a long hunting day ahead of me on the 22nd.

We're in the same boat so i'm hoping you bring me some good news. Otherwise, it's cut-throat time.

Slipdeath
11-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Some nice interesting third person stories:
Slipdeath: So how many 360s are you guys getting?
Gamecrazy clerk: Ha, twelve and we have fourty-four preorders.
Slipdeath: That sucks.
Gamecrazy clerk: Yeah we probably won't have any for walk-in customers until February.
Random customer: how much is it?
Gamecrazy clerk: $400, but im selling mine on ebay for two grand.
[Slipdeath walks out of gamecrazy]

Slipdeath: Are you getting any 360s on launch day?
Kmart employee: Oh yeah I think we're going to sell them on the 20th.
Slipdeath: Do you mean the 22nd?
Kmart employee: No the 20th.
Slipdeath: Oh well do you know how many you're getting?
kmart employee: A whole bunch! Call in everyday to make sure.

dbiersdorf
11-13-2005, 05:08 PM
MS just wishes they could have a launch as big as the PS2.

I for one don't give to shits come the 22nd.

Slipdeath
11-13-2005, 05:10 PM
So I just called the first 17 or so stores on my list and here is what I got:
wherehouse: 3
target: around 30
sam goody:1
best buy: around 100

yup people are not very helpful.

Anthony1
11-13-2005, 05:26 PM
So I just called the first 17 or so stores on my list and here is what I got:
wherehouse: 3
target: around 30
sam goody:1
best buy: around 100

yup people are not very helpful.

Wow, is it just me, or do all the big companies love Best Buy and give them the most systems. The bad news is that Best Buy always has people willing to camp pretty damn early. And I don't think Best Buy will open early, so you have to wait a long, long, long time to finally get it.

Slipdeath
11-14-2005, 07:50 PM
So I told my brother that he should check with his Gamestop to see if he was still on the 1st shipment. They also told him that he was on the 2nd shipment, too bad for him he spent over $800.00 on it already.

Slipdeath
11-14-2005, 08:11 PM
New rumor has it that Circuit City will be offering preorders tommorow.

studvicious
11-14-2005, 10:00 PM
I just wanted to jump in here and verify the gobs of 360's that Best Buy is getting. I load trucks at the Best Buy Distribution Center in Virginia and over the last 2-3 days pretty much each store that I load gets about 50 boxes worth. (There are 2 units per box). And as a rough guess I would say that out of 100 units, 70 of them are the Core systems.. :puke:

NE146
11-14-2005, 10:24 PM
"Shortage" my ass. This is a 100% manufactured shortage to build up hype. It's a part of Marketing as much as the choice to use the name "Zero Hour" rather than "Launch Day". LOL

I can see the headlines now.. "XBOX 360 SOLD OUT EVERWHERE". "GAMERS LINE UP FOR HOURS FOR A CHANCE TO GET ONE". blah blah blah blah. I mean.. come on. How obvious can you get :roll: They need to get the people who don't pay attention to this stuff the ingrained impression that it's one hot scarce tamale.

Bottom line: There will be plenty once they get the hype all done.

smokehouse
11-14-2005, 10:25 PM

Ok, whoever told you that is a complete idiot. The list is made in alphabetical AND chronological. It should be an excel document with tabs at the button to switch between lists. The alpha. is so we can find people by name easily and the chronological is so we can determine who gets the systems first. They are supposed to go strictly by who reserved it first to determine who gets it with everyone on first shipment guaranteed a system and some 2nd ships too.

Wow, well either you have dealt with a poorly run store in the past or you chose not to listen. At GS we took "Guaranteed" preorders for about 2 weeks and then started "2nd Shipment" preorders with no guarantee of a pickup date. We told everyone who reserved one on the 2nd shipment exactly that, you're on our list but we dont have an idea of exactly when we will have yours. And what do you know, we will be getting ALL guaranteed preorders filled AND about 10 2nd ships also. So its not a lie or scam its a matter of what you want to hear and who happens to be talking to you.

Also, they dont hold your money hostage, every place I know of will refund your money for a preorder if you change your mind, so if you can find it somewhere else earlier so be it. So dont go making asinine statements with blatant lies.

You know what, fuck you for saying that. I donít come unglued very often but your end of the industry is a bunch of fucking liars. I just heard a clerk at EB games tell a lady that she could buy a launch day consoleÖ..last fucking Saturday! She paid and walked out with a receipt. That was a blatant lie, I asked the clerk not but five minuets later and he said nothing until after Christmas. He lied to the soccer mom, not to me.

I couldnít care less where you work, it goes on at local stores in my area, end of story. You need to read my post more thoroughly. Did I claim they took my cash? No, I said they hold it and earn interest off of it. Many stores + many full prepaid orders + time = lots of interest. Use your fucking head. They gave me a refund and I fucking stated that earlier.

Iíve been through this many times before son, you call me a liar? Shove it up you ass jaggoff. This is what Iíve been through, no bullshit, no lies.

Why donít you go be an uneducated moron on some other siteÖ

By the way, I had paid for the PS2 in full January of 2000, over 10 months in advance. I was still on the bottom of the listÖ.

I donít know why Iím explaining this to you, youíll just miss quote me againÖ

Darren870
11-14-2005, 10:48 PM
As an eb employee we are getting 52 in day one. We are however #5 in the nation in terms of sales. A lot of stores around are getting less then 25 some as low as 12.

A lot of people bash EB and I try to stick up for them but really fuck it. Everyone has a bad experiece with them and you know what that sucks. And it sucks you have never came to my ebs or other ebs i've worked at. Sure a lot of people hate us but I have a lot of people come in becaus of us/me and because of the shit I do to hook them up

Anyways...we are doing the 360 launches by the date pre-ordered. Simple as that. We have over 300 pre-orders and it simply sucks. Because 50 people and tell them they cant get one day one because M$ told us we were getting 100 and now we are only getting 50.

Nothing I can really do about that...SOrry. I've been telling people there options to get a 360 day one. And it involves calling a lot of stores and going there that morning.

Hint for the ps3: When you see the sign just preorder it so you are like #1 on the list dont have to worry about this.

Darren870
11-14-2005, 10:51 PM
I'd love to be able to go to Costco or the like and try camping for one, but unfortunately I paid off my 360 order in full back in early September when I was told by EB that I should be getting my 360 at launch based on how early I ordered. EB's policy on cash refunds is anything over $150 has to be on a check but from their corporate offices - which is at least 7-10 business days - meaning I'd miss the launch anyway.

I dont know what EB that is...but ive given $500 cash refunds before...So thats pretty much bs. That was an old policy I though though. Could be wrong. Id stick it out...or get money back one day go back the next get money back and then the day after etc..so its $150 at a time. Just dont tell em your doing it like that though.

Thats if you really want to.

smokehouse
11-15-2005, 05:45 AM
Iím not saying that all EBís are bad, all Iím saying is that the 2 in my area are. And I would also feel safe saying that there is many more like it, not all, just some. Itís not just EB either, many other gaming chain stores like to rip people off.

Quite a few small specialty stores tend to do this. We used to have a store called Computer Renaissance that flat out had to be the biggest scam out there. Most educated people would walk in, look at the merchandise and walk out but the ones that got suckered were the ones who didnít know any better. Just like the soccer mom last Saturday.

I work in the home theater business (among other things) and can tell you that this industry has to one of the worst when it comes to scams. I see it all the time. Big culprits are places like Best Buy and Circuit City. But, the big dogs are often the small, boutique HT stores that carry high-end equipment. Iíve quite a few places simply due to the fact that they flat out rip their customers off. The sad part is that they play on the customerís ignorance; most often they donít even know theyíve been scammed.

Darren870
11-15-2005, 08:14 AM
Oh I know, it is a lot of EB's. Actually I was talking to my ASM yesterday about this. Because he too sticks up for them on forums and such and just gave up. We came to the conclusion that is is mostly west coast eb's that cause the problem. As they rank much lower then us. But im sure there is problems all around the US...and you know what It sucks. And because of that attitude and those problems is why gamestop bought EB.

Tony Montana
11-15-2005, 09:52 AM
You know what, fuck you for saying that. I donít come unglued very often but your end of the industry is a bunch of fucking liars. I just heard a clerk at EB games tell a lady that she could buy a launch day consoleÖ..last fucking Saturday! She paid and walked out with a receipt. That was a blatant lie, I asked the clerk not but five minuets later and he said nothing until after Christmas. He lied to the soccer mom, not to me.

I couldnít care less where you work, it goes on at local stores in my area, end of story. You need to read my post more thoroughly. Did I claim they took my cash? No, I said they hold it and earn interest off of it. Many stores + many full prepaid orders + time = lots of interest. Use your fucking head. They gave me a refund and I fucking stated that earlier.

Iíve been through this many times before son, you call me a liar? Shove it up you ass jaggoff. This is what Iíve been through, no bullshit, no lies.

Why donít you go be an uneducated moron on some other siteÖ

By the way, I had paid for the PS2 in full January of 2000, over 10 months in advance. I was still on the bottom of the listÖ.

I donít know why Iím explaining this to you, youíll just miss quote me againÖ

Haha...oh excuse me, I was still laughing at your post, such hostility, I feel bad for ya.

Ok first of all, you said "these places" so I took that as lumping all stores like EB together. If you were just talking about that particular one or even most EBs that would be fine, cuz on the whole EBs are not run as well.

Oh, Im sorry I asumed you were more intelligent than to be upset about someone holding your money when you have a choice in the matter. So you are mad because people FREELY give them money to hold stuff and they make money off of it? Ok its clear now.

I wont even address your ignorant ass statements in the middle. I have no doubt you have been through what you said, and honestly if you came in with the obvious attitude you have I would not fault anyone for treating you bad because its obvious you can be a dick, but when you make blanket asinine statements I will call ya on it.

I'm uneducated huh? Thats funny, you actually have no idea how funny that is.

I went to reserve my PS2 6-7 months before it came out and they had stopped taking reserves, the only reason I got mine was cuz someone on the list cancelled the same day, so whats your point about being on the bottom 10 months before it came out?

But, if you HATE that EB soooo much take your lousy ass business elsewhere, you obviously use the internet and as a last resort you can use it to buy stuff. If you keep going there you got nothing to complain about.

P.S. You might want to check out this link (http://www.angermgmt.com/)

Zing
11-15-2005, 10:51 AM
People always point out EB when talking about a "shortage". "OMGZ like 300 people have pre-ordered and we are only getting 10 systems!!". Signing up for a pre-order at EB requires no commitment, so people freely sign up even if they are on the fence. How many people do you think have put their name on as many lists as possible? I have known many people who pre-order expected hot items at several stores at once. Often, they are still not sure if they will even buy the item when it is released, but it doesn't hurt to get your name on the list. I would wager that out of 300 unpaid pre-orders, the majority of them would decline completing the purchase after release day.

Remember when these same stores were claiming it was "impossible" to get a copy of Halo 2 unless you pre-ordered? LOL

smokehouse
11-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Tony, clearly you have once again failed to get my point. You called me a liar, I called you a fucking asshole, thatís what it boils down to. I donít appreciate be called a liar.

As for the rest of your babbling, Iím not going to justify it with a responseÖ

SoulBlazer
11-15-2005, 11:16 PM
Why don't both of you be quiet and take this to PM's before we get a mod in here locking another perfectly good thread? They don't take kindly to swearing, personal insults, and name calling, ya know...... :roll:

kainemaxwell
11-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Found out my FYE has only a few in for the first batch of pre-orders. Tuesday night is gonna be intresting... @_@

grimlock
11-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Have a few friends that work at a local GS. 129 preorders - all for the premium but they are only getting 28 Premiums and 2 cores. Thankfully, they had enough decency to call everyone that preordered to tell them wether to show up midnight or not. I think this global launch thing is going to cause more problems than MS anticipated.

kainemaxwell
11-17-2005, 06:03 PM
We have 9 pre-orders, 7 in for the 22nd. This is gonna be fun...
@_@

s1lence
11-18-2005, 12:32 AM
We have 9 pre-orders, 7 in for the 22nd. This is gonna be fun...
@_@

Goo, those two that don't get one are not going to be happy campers. Good Luck ;)

captain nintendo
11-18-2005, 06:07 AM
My Gamestop has 18 coming in and I am like 50th on the list @_@ :(

Even if they ship us 18 - 20 a week, I wont have mine for a few weeks :/

But hey..... At least thoise games and accesories will look good at my house right?!? :roll:

gepeto
11-18-2005, 12:27 PM
well here I am sitting here looking out the window. I have just been told that I wont be getting one. Totally depressing I didn't even bother to ask of the position and this is from a store that I go into 4+ times a week spend good money and do favors for them. I have been trading in games plunking cash down for a good while now. The system games and accessories have been paid off only to be at home like some big uhm dumf launch day.

My hands are tied If I go to a camp out I can't take my trade in credit then the launch will really be costing me some money.

I'm not mad just depressed. I feel like a kid not getting a willie wonka certificate. I know supplying the word is a logisitical nightmare but in this day and age it is unexcusable. More to come...........

Oobgarm
11-18-2005, 01:00 PM
well here I am sitting here looking out the window. I have just been told that I wont be getting one. Totally depressing I didn't even bother to ask of the position and this is from a store that I go into 4+ times a week spend good money and do favors for them. I have been trading in games plunking cash down for a good while now. The system games and accessories have been paid off only to be at home like some big uhm dumf launch day.

My hands are tied If I go to a camp out I can't take my trade in credit then the launch will really be costing me some money.

I'm not mad just depressed. I feel like a kid not getting a willie wonka certificate. I know supplying the word is a logisitical nightmare but in this day and age it is unexcusable. More to come...........

If you want to camp, go to the place you preordered and request your money back. That is, if you paid in cash. They cannot deny you a refund. They can try, but they have no right to since they are not delivering the product as promised.

tritium
11-18-2005, 01:13 PM
I'll buy one in April when FFXI comes out =)

gepeto
11-18-2005, 01:25 PM

If you want to camp, go to the place you preordered and request your money back. That is, if you paid in cash. They cannot deny you a refund. They can try, but they have no right to since they are not delivering the product as promised.

The initial payment was credit then the rest was debit and trade in. I think it would be just too much political paper work. say I go to wallmart spend 425.00 for the system then I would have to go to the original store to get 300+ worth of games and accessories. I would be spending alot more than I want to or should have to a one time not to mention the wife would shoot me.

One thing that gets me is that I make decent living and I am hooked on videogames but somehow this launch cash outlay is just off the charts.

Another curious thought is that Why in the world would microsoft take so long to get stores stocked and ready for the launch. I see games arriving in stores weeks ahead of schedule what is up with the systems. They give the systems away to the movie stars even though an entertainer has never influenced me to get a game. More to come..........

njiska
11-18-2005, 06:39 PM
You know every one keeps going on a bout the stortage but today i go t some interesting new.

I went by my local blockbuster to see if they were gonna have my 360 in stock for me. Turn's out not only do they have enough stock IN STORE to cover all the pre-orders, they've also got 2 extra Premium systems.

For a blockbuster in a small town i'm amazed.

kainemaxwell
11-18-2005, 06:43 PM
I'm waiting for the anrgy people asking why won't their X-Box 1 games work on the 360 when they only got the Core unit now too..

captain nintendo
11-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Anybody else get an automated call from Gmaestop about the 360 ?

Mine said somethiong alone the line of it was possible that I would not get mine until early 2006 !?!

@_@

Of course this would slightly bother me if it was in fact true, because everything I have pre ordered is paid in full. :/ I may consider pulling all but 50 dollars of the reserve cash off of my console and trying to get one at midnight ?!?

Anybody have thoughts on that?

gepeto
11-18-2005, 08:17 PM
I heard that message from aris. It came at the end almost like a disclaimer. It let me know my preorder game is in stock the it went on spewing about the 360 2006 fiasco.

Why did they wait so long to stock the stores. It almost makes you think shipment goes out to stores sunday night.

Or are the 360's waiting at a warehouse or something.
Games arrive weeks in advance why not systems?
you would think all the launch stock would be at the stores already.

I went to one store to get some info the manager was seemed scared to talk about the 360 release.

petewhitley
11-18-2005, 09:18 PM
If I had pre-ordered an Xbox 360 from any retailer with the implied promise that I would have one at launch, only to be denied two weeks before launch, I would definitely stop shopping there and let HQ know why in a polite but firm letter. I realize that they can't force Microsoft to produce more systems, but these places need to stop writing checks their asses can't cash.

neo-zen
11-18-2005, 11:01 PM
i will be camping on the 21st to get one. im going to try to find a few for my friends that cant make it out on launch.

kainemaxwell
11-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Anyone working in retail that will have 360's get any really large 360 accessories displays?

gepeto
11-20-2005, 03:04 PM
There is beginning to be a meltdown at least in my area. I stop by 2 local game store to buy a game and I couldn't get any service because people are wanting to know whats up with the 360 some wanted refunds so they could go and camp out at another store. Peoples money are so tied up it is creating a volitile situation. I am like wow it is not even Tuesday yet.

The managers are looking stressed today was only a few people I can't imagine the madhouse on the 22nd.

s1lence
10-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Man I hope I can find one this holiday season. x_x

Cmosfm
10-08-2006, 02:40 PM

Can't you just buy it now?

Alucard79
10-10-2006, 07:02 PM

:smash:

NE146
10-10-2006, 08:24 PM
I really don't think that there is going to be a shortage. I think it is all propeganda, and that they are trying to raise the hype. When the PS2 launched there was genuine shortages, and in the long run it got tones of media attention and caused it to be one of the most sought after items for that holiday season. I say they will have plenty, and not to believe the hype.

There is indeed plenty. Like I said in another thread I saw not more than 11 at Sam's Club not more than 2 days ago. And really I didn't exactly see them flying off the shelves at any rapid rate. So I'm sure anyone who wants an xbox 360 can find one out there pretty easily. Don't believe the hype!