PDA

View Full Version : X-Fire IM for Gamers

Strider74
11-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Have you guys seen this IM? It's called X-Fire. It allows you to have an in-game chat window that you can access via a hot-key combonation. You can send and receive IM's and voice chat while in your games and not get booted out or have to exit. It supports a HUGE list of games and they are adding more all the time. I have to say I am pleased with it. It also allows your online "buddies" to see any game servers you may be running so they can join your game from within X-Fire. If you use it or have used it, what do you think? If you have not tried it yet, you should. :)

DJ_DEEM
11-15-2005, 03:52 PM
this sounds like a great idea but if it doesnt support aim i don't see myself personally using it, but i tihnk aim should come up with something like this, i would love to be able to check my im's while playing cs without shrinkin the whole thing down

ZombieFish
11-15-2005, 05:12 PM
I used to use it when I played a lot of PC games, but I got rid of it a long time ago. It was pretty nifty, but a little annoying, since my friends would always send me unimportant crap right in the middle of a game.

CYRiX
11-15-2005, 08:28 PM
I thought about posting it but there isn't such a thing as a PC game collector...

Ed Oscuro
11-15-2005, 08:34 PM
I use X-Fire all the time - don't use the new voice chat feature, though, as I've got teamspeak for that.

As an aside, I occassionally run a small server called Oscuro Midwest, runs with various crazy settings (i.e. botmatch, low-grav, or just regular play).

SuperNES
11-15-2005, 11:35 PM
even though this is like the fourth topic about Xfire, yes i use it, i am caffeineboy on it. add me to your buddy list if you want. i usually just use it to kep track of how many hours i have played a game, coz nobody is ever on the IM.

Joker T
11-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Yes I frequently have used X-Fire,

Trust me it is a life saver in what ever other online game you play. My friends use it in MMO games all the time. It is a essential for any online PC gamer.