PDA

View Full Version : Puyo Pop Fever - man this addictive!!!!

kevin_psx
11-16-2005, 05:57 PM
Bought a pile of games & reached for Puyo Pop thinking, "ehhh - this will only hold my attention for 5 minutes - then i'll play that new symphonia rpg"

So I Read the instructions and play the game. Suddenly I hear a loud "beeeep" coming from the television. MY TV was showing color bars & the clock reads 3 in the morning!!!! Wow! This is classic gaming at its best. No silly missions - no hidden objects - no staring at a puzzle for 5 hours. Just good old adrenaline & addictive play.

Must have more Puyo. Any earlier versions for N64 PS1 or Super Nintendo? :love:

roushimsx
11-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Kirby's Avalanche for SNES was the US version of Puyo Puyo, Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) was the US version of Puyo Puyo 2. Both are fantastic games :)

I love Puyo Pop Fever, but I hate the Gamecube controller. I'm going to need to pick up a nice ascii controller or arcade stick or something one of these days.

Also, there's a PS2 rerelease (in japan) of Puyo Puyo 2 as part of the 3D Sega Ages series. High resolution 2d sprites and classic Puyo Puyo 2 gameplay? Yes, please!

Julio III
11-16-2005, 06:16 PM
I've never owned a Puyo Puyo game but always feel I should. When i see Puyo Pop Fever for the GBA or DS i always think I'd rather have the Dreamcast version. There's always Puyo Puyo 4 for the Dreamcast as well which some people say is better than fever. Never owned Mean Bean Machine either. One day i'll get a title, and the puzzling madness will begin

Perkar
11-16-2005, 06:18 PM
i've keep seeing puyo for gc and want to pick it up, although i've never played any version of it. i do own the DS version (which i'm missing the manual for, anyone got an orphaned puyo pop fever for ds manual?), maybe i will give that a shot tonight.

sisko
11-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Puyo Pop Fever is one of the best incarnations of the series that I have played. Not only does it feature fast paced adrenaline packed action, but a bit of strategy as well.

"Should I clear these now? If I do, my fever meter will go up....but wait...it looks like he will counter and go into fever mode...if I can hold out and go into fever mode right after he does....."

Definitely a worthwhile purchase!