PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox360 owners-sound off- happy?sad?good/bad?

sabre2922
11-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Just wondering with all these reports of 360s overheating etc since this is the ONLY board on the net were I trust on average 90% of the fellow gamers that post on here.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Are you happy with the console ? was it worth the money or are you going back to playing PS2/Xbox/Gamecube?

Did you get a good system? a faulty one etc?

Is it a true jump in gaming in your opinion?

or is it just current gen PS2/Xbox/GC with shiney graphics?

--------------------------------------------------------

The last and ONLY system I got on launch was the Dreamcast (wich was well worth it) but other than that I have the rule: NEVER BUY A NEW CONSOLE ON LAUNCH DAY and I usually wait at LEAST 6 months or so before getting one so I was curious as to how many here are content with the expensive jump into the next-gen?

sabre2922
11-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Hmmm not many new 360 owners out there?

maybe they are playing their new shiny system and games?

or maybe they are having a nice conversation with Microsoft tech support about their new investment? :D

devilman
11-22-2005, 06:25 PM
To be fair, you've only given them 20 minutes to reply and posted this in the 'classic gaming' section...

njiska
11-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Happy with the system, sad that my firts game was a damaged disk. and currently trying to Kick J Allards Ass at PDZ. If i can find him that is.

Oh and this is modern gaming. The 360 isn't an instant classic.

Kejoriv
11-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Good - Love the wireless controllers, design of controllers, system itself, Xbox live

Bad - the noise it puts out, cost of games

Other than that, I LOVE this thing.

blissfulnoise
11-22-2005, 06:50 PM
Good - Goes for $1000 on ebay.

Bad - If you've got one, you've probably got pneumonia too.

Ugly - Doesn't spread well on crackers and all the games are mediocre at best.

But what do I care? I've got mine, but it's a Christmas present so it will stay sealed until Xmas.

phantomfriar
11-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Just wondering with all these reports of 360s overheating etc since this is the ONLY board on the net were I trust on average 90% of the fellow gamers that post on here.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Are you happy with the console ? was it worth the money or are you going back to playing PS2/Xbox/Gamecube?

Did you get a good system? a faulty one etc?

Is it a true jump in gaming in your opinion?

or is it just current gen PS2/Xbox/GC with shiney graphics?

--------------------------------------------------------

The last and ONLY system I got on launch was the Dreamcast (wich was well worth it) but other than that I have the rule: NEVER BUY A NEW CONSOLE ON LAUNCH DAY and I usually wait at LEAST 6 months or so before getting one so I was curious as to how many here are content with the expensive jump into the next-gen?

As an everytenminutes winner, I have ZERO reason to complain. However, to answer your Q's:

1. Had I paid $400 for it...I'm not sure it's worth it NOW at least. The graphics in CALL OF DUTY are exceptional and I do feel like I'm playing "next gen" on that title.

2. System works great

3. I believe it is a "next gen" system and a leap forward. Considering the difference between the *launch* titles of GC/PS2/Xbox and what I've seen on the 360 (Kameo, Call of Duty), there's a noticeable difference in detail, colors, shadows...and that will only improve come 2006 and beyond as we truly see software that can take advantage of its power.

Bottom line -- had I *not* won -- I probably would have waited until 2006 and a price drop for the 360. $400 (with no games) is a good chunk of change for this system, and right now I'm not totally sure it's worth all that. On the other hand, is it a lemon? The next Dreamcast? No way IMO. A MARIO 64, HALO, etc. (i.e. primo launch title) comes along only once in a while.

I *do* like what I see in the launch titles generally -- and come next year, with a year under its belt already, I think the system will be a better value than the PS3. In that regard I think Microsoft was smart to get it out, and get it out now, in advance of what's to come.

CosmicMonkey
11-22-2005, 07:08 PM
Out of interest, which system are people going for; the fully-loaded HDD & remote pad package or the cheap-ass basic package?

Vroomfunkel
11-22-2005, 07:29 PM
Well, these guys got one, and they were happy with theirs:

Putting the Xbox 360 to good use (http://www.smashmyxbox.com/images/smx7.jpg)

Vroomfunkel

Arkaign
11-22-2005, 07:51 PM
Out of interest, which system are people going for; the fully-loaded HDD & remote pad package or the cheap-ass basic package?

People are going for whatever they can get their hands on, which means microsoft is going to rip off a TON of people with the $100 20 gig hard drive.

Kroogah
11-22-2005, 08:10 PM
Moved to Modern Gaming.

PDorr3
11-22-2005, 08:15 PM
I had the chance to get a core system, but I wanted the premium since I knew I would be paying $100 for the HDD in the long run, and I didnt want to buy a $40 memory card to save my games. Im just gonna wait it out until I can snag a premium on the next shipment.

Mr Mort
11-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Got mine this morning (hard drive bundle).

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. I'm feeling kind of so-so about the launch lineup, it's about average. Not as nice as the DC launch, and not as pathetic as the PS2 launch.

The system itself is impressive, has lots of cool high-tech features, including the ultimate in sloth technology: Turning the system on & off using the wireless controller. It's about damn time!

Seriously though, I'm very anxious to see what the second wave of 360 games will be like, once developers are a little more comfortable with the hardware and aren't working under such short time constraints.

Dobie
11-22-2005, 09:01 PM
I totally dig it. Definitely worth the price, but I'm not sure it was worth freezing all night for. I didn't even play games for the first hour or two... I spent the whole time playing with the other features. I REALLY love the fact I can stream music, movies, etc. off of my computer. I wasn't aware you could do that with a regular XP system, I thought it was only a "Media Center" PC. Turns out there's an update to download that makes your PC a "Media Center." Who knew?

The games look fantastic, especially with the VGA output. Perfect Dark was sort of meh in the multiplayer category, but the single player has been great thus far. Spent a while playing Quake 2 (not 4), and it is very faithful to the original PC version. Haven't loaded up Quake 4 yet.

My only gripe is the headset has a crappy ear speaker compared to the original Xbox headset, and I kept getting a ton of feedback from somewhere, so it was like talkng in a cave.

Mr.FoodMonster
11-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Well, these guys got one, and they were happy with theirs:

Putting the Xbox 360 to good use (http://www.smashmyxbox.com/images/smx7.jpg)

Vroomfunkel
Funny part = Best Buy replacement plan sitting right next to it. Those assholes just did it to screw with the people right there, and are probably returning it ASAP.

BHvrd
11-22-2005, 10:56 PM
I've only played the demo at wally-world and the Call of Duty 2 demo was like butter. Loved how smoothly that one tower came crumbling down with the in-game engine. The smoke grenade effects were very nice and useful as well "finally".

If Anybody can give some more impressions on games would be great. I really wanna know how the multiplayer is in CoD 2.

boatofcar
11-22-2005, 11:07 PM
To be fair, you've only given them 20 minutes to reply and posted this in the 'classic gaming' section...

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Best reply I've read all day.

Joker T
11-22-2005, 11:08 PM
I've only played the demo at wally-world and the Call of Duty 2 demo was like butter. Loved how smoothly that one tower came crumbling down with the in-game engine. The smoke grenade effects were very nice and useful as well "finally".

If Anybody can give some more impressions on games would be great. I really wanna know how the multiplayer is in CoD 2.

I love the game to death on PC it is a very next gen looking game. As far as muliplayer it don't get much better, but I am playing it on PC. I imagine the MP on 360 is very much like the PC version with less people playing at once and lesss mods and clans.

swlovinist
11-23-2005, 12:01 AM
I too won mine for free. I work at a game store so I get to rent any game that is in overstock for free. If I did pay 400 bones for it, I would be OK with the system. There is alot of decent games, just not that must have title. Overall I think that system launch was good and not great. The prices on everything are pretty high. $40 dollars for component, $50 for wireless, $100 for hardrive O_O. My system works, as it should. I am happy with my unit, I just dont know if people who shelled out the money for it should be.

GrayFox
11-23-2005, 01:10 AM
Don't put it vertical.

I thought maybe they fixed the problems vertical systems had after the PS2, but no.

My PDZ is fooked, and I gotta go get an exchange. My system is now in SUPER-HORIZONTAL-POSITION of POWER.

poopnes
11-23-2005, 01:11 AM
Won won through every10minutes.com, so mine was free. But I'll still answer your questions.

I love it. I have Kameo and PD0 and I'll recieve Madden whenever they decide to send it. I think the graphics are a definate improvement even on a SDTV.

Its true that's there's nothing revolutionary about it, but I never expected it to be. I don't expect anything more out of the PS3 either, just prettier gameplay with the occasional new idea.

My favorite part of the 360 is the media connectivity. Hooking up to an MCE PC is awesome.

But all in all, is it worth $400? Only if you have the means. I sure wouldn't starve myself for it, but I love it because it was free.

njiska
11-23-2005, 02:24 AM
Ok i thought of another BAD:

NO LETTER BOX SUPPORT

Damn it i want to play PDZ in widescreen the way it was meant to be. just because i have a 4:3 tv doesn't mean i don't want the letterboxing. Thank god Condemnded is letterboxed by default.

sabre2922
11-23-2005, 02:28 AM
Old habit posting on the classic forum :embarrassed:

sabre2922
11-23-2005, 02:30 AM
Got mine this morning (hard drive bundle).

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. I'm feeling kind of so-so about the launch lineup, it's about average. Not as nice as the DC launch, and not as pathetic as the PS2 launch.

The system itself is impressive, has lots of cool high-tech features, including the ultimate in sloth technology: Turning the system on & off using the wireless controller. It's about damn time!

Seriously though, I'm very anxious to see what the second wave of 360 games will be like, once developers are a little more comfortable with the hardware and aren't working under such short time constraints.

Kool maybe its not as bad as some of the horror stories ive been reading on some other boards O_O

DJ_DEEM
11-23-2005, 02:36 AM
I thought it was only a "Media Center" PC. Turns out there's an update to download that makes your PC a "Media Center." Who knew?

so where exactly could i get this file? i cant seem to find it anywhere ive been looking around all day!

oh yah so i absolutely love mine, didnt have to freeze my ass off all day, walked into my store pointed to one and said MINE! unfortunatley we didnt get call of duty in yet so i grabbed condemmed which i am LOVING so far, really great gameplay reminds me of the movie seven, i also picked up pdz and an extra controller (had to go to 3 other stores to find em) and played pdz all day with mny friends who love it, i tihnk the controllers are great the system is great III LOVVVEEEE ITT! w00t[/list]

Sothy
11-23-2005, 02:44 AM
from what I hear its pretty cool.

Dont have one yet waiting till I have the cash or the price drops.

Hey maybe the fuckin Sega Fanboys that dont have one yet can shut up. BLAME SONY the Dreamcast bit dirt. Microsoft didnt have anything to do with it BUT RUN THE HARDWARE WITH THEIR OS.

MarkMan
11-23-2005, 03:17 AM
I'm rather satisfied with my purchase.

Since I picked up two, one to sell, one to keep. I didn't hesitate in opening it up and diving into the next generation.

IMO, it won't be that great unless you have an HD ready TV that supports 1080i display.

MMMMM.

DTJAAAAMJSLM
11-23-2005, 04:53 AM
I love the wireless controller, plus the three games I bought have been very fun. I love trying to achieve new accomplishments for my record.

phantomfriar
11-23-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm rather satisfied with my purchase.

Since I picked up two, one to sell, one to keep. I didn't hesitate in opening it up and diving into the next generation.

IMO, it won't be that great unless you have an HD ready TV that supports 1080i display.

MMMMM.

I still use my '50 projection TV with the s-video line (no 16:9, it's just about 10 years old), and CALL OF DUTY 2 looks amazing on it...I'm sure 1080 or 720p will blow me away...but even if you have a standard def TV set, you can certainly appreciate the graphical textures and such of COD2.

s1lence
11-23-2005, 10:42 AM
from what I hear its pretty cool.

Dont have one yet waiting till I have the cash or the price drops.

Hey maybe the fuckin Sega Fanboys that dont have one yet can shut up. BLAME SONY the Dreamcast bit dirt. Microsoft didnt have anything to do with it BUT RUN THE HARDWARE WITH THEIR OS.

Thank You Sothy!!! :)

Arkaign
11-23-2005, 10:48 AM
Why just blame Sony for Dreamcast dying? Blame the ignorant, drooling, single-digit IQ masses ..

Six Switch
11-23-2005, 11:14 AM
i got mine for free so of course i like it.perfect dark is pretty good but a little slow and quake may be a little fast,and i hate how when you run over a weapon you auto switch to it.i haven't had any real problems with the system,and the controller feels nice.

i have mine on ebay right now for a very high price,if i sell it i'll buy a les paul if i don't i'll keep it and be happy.so either way i'm happy.

oh yeah and on a hd tv it really does look great.

Joker T
11-23-2005, 11:47 AM
I totally dig it. Definitely worth the price, but I'm not sure it was worth freezing all night for. I didn't even play games for the first hour or two... I spent the whole time playing with the other features. I REALLY love the fact I can stream music, movies, etc. off of my computer. I wasn't aware you could do that with a regular XP system, I thought it was only a "Media Center" PC. Turns out there's an update to download that makes your PC a "Media Center." Who knew?

The games look fantastic, especially with the VGA output. Perfect Dark was sort of meh in the multiplayer category, but the single player has been great thus far. Spent a while playing Quake 2 (not 4), and it is very faithful to the original PC version. Haven't loaded up Quake 4 yet.

My only gripe is the headset has a crappy ear speaker compared to the original Xbox headset, and I kept getting a ton of feedback from somewhere, so it was like talkng in a cave.

That is sort of wierd because I thought that it was a choice in what version of XP you got:
Home
Profesional
Media Center

I ordered my laptop with Media Center instead of Pro or Home so i'm confused now @_@

Zing
11-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Microsoft has release an addon called "Media Center Connect". It only works on XP Service Pack 2 and only allows you to view music and pictures (not video) across the network on your 360. It wasn't just designed for the 360 as it works with "media center extender" devices which also allow you to view video as well as pictures and music.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/devices/wmconnect/default.aspx

98PaceCar
11-23-2005, 02:03 PM
I got a Premium system with an extra wireless and PDZ, RR6, and PGR3. So far, I'm extremely impressed with the system. The media features aren't as robust as I'm used to with XBMC, but that's to be expected. The games are good. Not revolutionary by any means, but all 3 are very fun to play and look great.

My only issue so far is that for some reason the screen crawls when I put it into 720p. I've never had a problem with this resolution on my tv before, so it's a bit irritating. Running in 1080i works and looks great though!

kevin_psx
11-23-2005, 05:08 PM
Why just blame Sony for Dreamcast dying? Blame the ignorant, drooling, single-digit IQ masses ..

No. Blame the 5-billion dollar(?) debt from Sega's terrible mishandling of the Saturn.

Mattiekrome
11-23-2005, 06:18 PM
Man, didnt know this board had so many "freebies"... :D Arent there some more on here as well?

...As an everytenminutes winner...

I too won mine for free

Won won through every10minutes.com, so mine was free

i got mine for free so of course i like it

Joker T
11-23-2005, 06:32 PM
With all of these free Xbox 360 giveaways. It makes me think what if they didn't have the Mountain Dew giveaway.
How many do you think they ended up giving away? Would more people have 360?

but it is awesome that you guys one I only had 3 caps so I was obviously not going to win.

DJ_DEEM
11-23-2005, 07:12 PM
wait so is there a way to stream videos without haveing a windows media pc? that is one feture i would love but so far only have the connect and can only stream mp3s and pics, but i have so many videos i would love to be able to do that

pacmanhat
11-23-2005, 07:21 PM
I love mine thus far. It's probably exceeded my expectations, in fact.

My biggest complaint is my friends who feel the need to berate me for buying the core system (or, in their words, the Xbox 180). Honestly, the system itself is the same damn thing.

jdc
11-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Unless I'm wrong, I don't think that there's anything wrong with the core system and a memory card to start with, getting the harddrive later. I have no plans to play on Live and backwards compatibilty isn't an issue because I own an Xbox. They berate you because they want one too.

Trebuken
11-23-2005, 07:56 PM
There are no hardware issues accept a little heat (if there are I bet you dropped it, as these things are the heaviest sytem to date). You can cook bacon on the power supply...really!!!

The games are awesome at 720P, heck Gaunlet in the Arcade looked good. Plugged a couple of older Xbox games in (Halo) and they looked much better, though dated compared to the newer titles.

Loving Kameo...the graphical details are far and above anything previous gen. Quake 4 is solid but a good PC would probably do better (no slowdown on the 360 version though...don't have to wait for HD or worry about memory, etc.). Have a few more games to try...

DVD playback was disppointing, I don't think it upconverts the DVD picture like it seems to do with Xbox games...

Gonna see what I can stream now...

Having issues powering the system on with the remote....

I'm loving mine. Looks like good games will be few and far between for at least a few months...

Later,
Trebuken

pacmanhat
11-23-2005, 08:20 PM
Unless I'm wrong, I don't think that there's anything wrong with the core system and a memory card to start with, getting the harddrive later. I have no plans to play on Live and backwards compatibilty isn't an issue because I own an Xbox. They berate you because they want one too.

Eh...I think they do it because they want to conform to the internet's consensus (or something like that). I bought a core + a hard drive, which is of course a worse deal than the premium system. But for me, it was either a core now or waiting indefinitely, and it was a compromise I was willing to make.

FurinkanianFrood
11-23-2005, 08:32 PM
No. Blame the 5-billion dollar(?) debt from Sega's terrible mishandling of the Saturn.

1. They didn't botch it like that in JP.

2. That didn't kill the DC. The DC was profiable for a short period before software sales got raped by Sony bitches and software pirates.

3. If you are trashing Sega's consoles or games (as opposed to their moronic management) then go to hell. Or at least shut the @#$% up.

Sony destroyed the game industry and that's what happened. If people are going to keep saying that my opinions are nonsense, they can feel free, but they are just proving they have no damn taste in games.

I had gotten over this kind of posting, but then suddenly someone cracks on Sega. DO NOT TRASH SEGA, EVER. :angry:

pacmanhat
11-23-2005, 08:34 PM
Has anyone else tried plugging in an iPod during gameplay? It's AMAZING.

poopnes
11-23-2005, 09:30 PM
wait so is there a way to stream videos without haveing a windows media pc? that is one feture i would love but so far only have the connect and can only stream mp3s and pics, but i have so many videos i would love to be able to do that

No you need MCE, and 2005 at that (I think). So far the video playback that I've tried is hit and miss. I know it will not stream any DivX or Xvid videos at all. All WMVs will work. Its just hard to tell what video is in what format. I need to find a utility to convert DVD's/other formats into WMV because its 100% guaranteed to work. If I could find something to do it in "batches" would be even better.

BHvrd
11-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Plugged a couple of older Xbox games in (Halo) and they looked much better, though dated compared to the newer titles.

Better? In what ways?

That quote caught my attention. I figured the old games would run and look exactly the same.

towerofsong
11-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Plugged a couple of older Xbox games in (Halo) and they looked much better, though dated compared to the newer titles.

Better? In what ways?

That quote caught my attention. I figured the old games would run and look exactly the same.

As far as I know it upscales the games to 720p. Possibly. Correct me if i'm wrong.

TurboGenesis
11-24-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm pretty much happy with the puirchase right now. Only game I have is RR6 which is, in general, fun. Nothing sensational but fun otherwise. Fired up Halo on it and it looked nice to me but since the last time I played it was on a standard crt tv with composite conncetion so yeah its going to look better on a 480p tv now.

I like the nifty wireless controller as I was reading a magizine on the couch and decided to play and just hit the button on the controller and was instantly playing RR6. All the while just sitting on the couch-never leaving my feet. Such lazyness.

My biggest complaint would be some better games rather than lackluster ports of EA games and stuff found on other consoles. Something original please, like a new title instead of some old rehashed franchise.

Trebuken
11-24-2005, 06:06 PM

Better? In what ways?

I believe this should be talked about more. The Xbox games are upscaled to 720P, and the better resolution just provides for a better picture. I think I am also seeing improvements in explosions and such, things that aren't polygon driven. The colors seem improved but that could be my imagination. I'll experiment some more. I think I'm going to go an get Half-Life 2....think it'll be just as good on the 360 as the 360 games are...

Later,
Trebuken

swlovinist
11-24-2005, 09:16 PM
All the older games look BETTER by a longshot. Crimson Skies looks like a new game. 720P is the bomb. I dont have an HD, but I do have component cables. I am running on a 36 in Panasonic TV and Halo 2 looks great. Is it a mindblowing difference? No, but you definately can tell a difference. I think down the road when they support some more games, people will see. I can tell a big difference.

Darren870
11-24-2005, 10:31 PM
So yea got mine played for 5-7 hrs including watching 2 dvds on it. Worked fucking great. Call of Duty looked amazing, PDZ *drools*. Didn't try my other 3 games though.

Went to play Call of Duty the next morning. Boom game freezes. So I try a diff game, freezes again. Play PDZ for 30 mins and its glitching and freezing like crazy.

Over time its gotten worse and worse. Now the system barely starts up maybe 10-15 secs worth.

Was on tech support for 3 hrs and basiclly they are sending me a box and i have to put it in and they will fix it and send it back. So it will be like 10-15 days until I can play again. Sucks a lot but im not like crying over it. We wont get any in at EB till prob after that so I am just sending it in. I am bummed but...idk I will talk to my manager on monday and see what he says.

But what I played was amazing and it looks great on the HDTV.

rjohnson
11-28-2005, 01:28 AM
works well, i think there is an image issue with the rca video standard cable that came with it though.

Have PDzero... system linked my 360 with two other xboxes (halo and black) and they played PERFECTLY together... pain to get maps and updates to 360 for H2 though...

SO far, no complaints... just need a Big ass bid LCD now...

chaChing!

nice system.... time will tell...

jdc
11-28-2005, 07:40 AM
Okay....now I'm totally confused.

I thought that THE big issue with the 360 is that it DIDN'T play anything other than the absolute latest Xbox games.......and yet it's running Halo and Crimson Skies?!?!?!

So it IS totally backwards compatible? Both core and premium? Tell me now before I dump my Xbox.

Flack
11-28-2005, 09:57 AM
So it IS totally backwards compatible? Both core and premium? Tell me now before I dump my Xbox.

You need a hard drive to run Xbox 1 games, so a Core with no hard drive is not backwards compatible.

Here is Microsoft's backwards compatibility list.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

devils advocate
11-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Okay....now I'm totally confused.

I thought that THE big issue with the 360 is that it DIDN'T play anything other than the absolute latest Xbox games.......and yet it's running Halo and Crimson Skies?!?!?!

It is partially backwards compatible. About 200 titles work, and some (all maybe) upconvert to 720p.

Apparently, this list will increase in time, so long as you have a hard drive and silver(free) Xbox live connection.

The 200 in the list are an odd assortment of games. From monster hits like Halo 2, all the way to Barbie's adventure and Deathrow. I guess when the emulation works for one, it will work for a few others simultaneously.

THATinkjar
11-28-2005, 10:20 AM
I guess when the emulation works for one, it will work for a few others simultaneously.

I'd agree with you, but the handling of the Unreal Engine seems VERY hit and miss.

devils advocate
11-28-2005, 10:25 AM
I guess when the emulation works for one, it will work for a few others simultaneously.

I'd agree with you, but the handling of the Unreal Engine seems VERY hit and miss.

You're right. I had some odd issues in Rainbow six, and also some abnormalities in Halo one.

I guess some of the code isn't perfect.

devils advocate
11-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Back on topic,

I love my 360. The launch games are about what I expected. Call of Duty seems to be the standout for me.

I was already a huge Live user, and the expanded interface just makes it that much better.

I've had no problems with mine so far. I even left it on for two days straight by accident.

The controller layout is great. I love the ability to turn the machine on and off right from the controller...... Now if it would go to the beer fridge for me! I have noticed the D-pad might have some response problems. I would say this pads wireless abilities are on par with the wavebird, but you also get the rumble feature which for some, the wavebird sorely lacked.

I don't find it any smaller than Xbox 1, it is in fact, heavier. It cosmetically is much nicer. No arguements from my wife about where I put it! I guess the concave design, gives it the illusion of being smaller, but when the 2 machines are side by side, it's a negligable difference. I'm not sure how that will bode in Japan.

The user interfaces are top notch. Seperate profiles for people are a breeze, and I love the marketplace. While I probably will not by skins etc; I will certainly make use of the free down loadable demos. A great idea for the developers as well. I already purchased Kameo, just by how good the demo was. I had no interest before that. Expect a long wait for the files though. I have a T1 equivalent and the Kameo demo took about 45 minutes to download.

I've heard that it gets hot, but neither mine nor my best friends does. We both run them through conditioners and keep them well ventilated, on flat surfaces. The power brick is a monster. It is larger than any of my power bars. LOL

Loading times are good. Not great, but really good. The only time I was even a little frustrated was retrying a race/event in PGR3.

The hard drive while 20 gigs, really comes to you at around 12-13 free. Download the Kameo demo at nearly 1 gig, and the space starts dwindling quickly. I can see MS will start selling upgrades soon.

One small nit picky complaint I have are the DVD cases that the games come in. It seems that while making the change to a transluscent green, they managed to find a way to use less plastic in the mold. Result? The game cases feel flimsy. While good for the environmentalists, not good from a father with small children point of view.

One small positive point. I don't think I have ever seen a system come with as good of quality cabling as this one. Top notch cables for AV/HD, power and even a lengthy pice of ethernet included.

Verdict? Great system MS! Let's hope the PS3 and Revolution are this good, and it will be a great new gen!

Joker T
11-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Looks like a really fun system but I will wait till Xbox isn't having any good games coming out. I also want a few more exclusives and a cheaper price.

PS2Hawk
11-28-2005, 11:10 PM
I am not hearing good things about Ninja Gaiden Black and thats the only game I want to play on 360.

Secondly all the launch titles totally suck ass other thank Kameo. I want original games not just ports with more polygons..

Seems as if the first REAL next gen game will be GEARS of WAR, I was playing need for speed on 360 and the cars looks sharp but the trees just look like the older generation...

njiska
11-28-2005, 11:24 PM
I am not hearing good things about Ninja Gaiden Black and thats the only game I want to play on 360.

Secondly all the launch titles totally suck ass other thank Kameo. I want original games not just ports with more polygons..

Seems as if the first REAL next gen game will be GEARS of WAR, I was playing need for speed on 360 and the cars looks sharp but the trees just look like the older generation...

PGR3 Hawk, PGR3, it's a next gen game. And NG Black runs just fine, only the FMVs have problems and i'd expect that to be fix in the near future.

PS2Hawk
11-29-2005, 08:34 PM

PGR3 Hawk, PGR3, it's a next gen game. And NG Black runs just fine, only the FMVs have problems and i'd expect that to be fix in the near future.

I am in the process of trading in Perfect Dark Zero for PGR3 as we speak I hope the deal works out ...

Six Switch
11-30-2005, 12:46 AM
i just got call of duty 2 the other day.i am not usually a fan of war-based games but man this is fun.great sound too.