PDA

View Full Version : New Nintendo DS $100 at Target?

stuffedmonkey
11-23-2005, 01:15 PM
Saw this in a thread at cheapassgamer.com - Target is about to send out it's Xmas catalog, which shows that the Nintendo DS is 100$ new. There is much discussion as to if this is a misprint - so YMMV. Click the Page index section and check page 56.

http://catalog.target.com/december/...&versionnum=1.4

Also noticing that the feeding frenzy that is ebay right now has bid the Nintendogs Best friends edition (the one that only comes with the teal and pink Nintendogs bundles) is being bid up into the 65$ range - so for any of you cheapasses like myself you can get the bundle, ebay the game, and net a ds for around 85$.

calthaer
11-23-2005, 03:37 PM
I just called Target today, intending to stop in - the guy told me that the sale starts Friday. The website says that this price will be valid until Dec 24th.

I'll most definitely be picking one up.

Icarus Moonsight
11-23-2005, 11:45 PM
I got mine today :) We were mailed the Xmas catalog and it said nothing about a start date for the price but, the ad we got stated the prices were in effect until 12/5/05. So we brought the ad and they adjusted the price... SCORE! LOL

You're not going to get the bundles at that price... just the core system... silver or blue.

Nez
11-24-2005, 12:43 AM
Wow awsome I'll be getting a DS soon.

And castlevania mario cart metriod pinball feel the magic, hmm too many games, I wouldn't know were to begin.

exit
11-24-2005, 12:45 AM
A DS for $99? Wow I think I'll get one from Target and use my "employee holiday discount" for something else.

punkoffgirl
11-24-2005, 05:34 PM
I got mine today :) We were mailed the Xmas catalog and it said nothing about a start date for the price but, the ad we got stated the prices were in effect until 12/5/05. So we brought the ad and they adjusted the price... SCORE! LOL

You're not going to get the bundles at that price... just the core system... silver or blue.

Yours said only effective till the fifth?

Okay, so is this price good till xmas eve, or does it end sooner?

LAGO
11-24-2005, 06:02 PM
it figures the DS gets a price drop right after i get one ... oh well its still the most fun ive had on a system in a long time.

boatofcar
11-24-2005, 09:14 PM
Saw this in a thread at cheapassgamer.com - Target is about to send out it's Xmas catalog, which shows that the Nintendo DS is 100$ new. There is much discussion as to if this is a misprint - so YMMV. Click the Page index section and check page 56.

http://catalog.target.com/december/...&versionnum=1.4

Also noticing that the feeding frenzy that is ebay right now has bid the Nintendogs Best friends edition (the one that only comes with the teal and pink Nintendogs bundles) is being bid up into the 65$ range - so for any of you cheapasses like myself you can get the bundle, ebay the game, and net a ds for around 85$.

Your link isn't working for me. I am seriously going to think about getting up early tomorrow and getting one of these. I can't find the discussion on CAG about it either.... :/

Rev. Link
11-24-2005, 11:56 PM
This is really good news! I was wanting to get a DS for my brother for Christmas, now I can do it on the cheap! :)

boozi2
11-25-2005, 09:13 AM
Alright, so I just came back from target and didn't buy a DS 'cause the price appeared to be $129.99. I had a "heated" conversation with the manager, she said that the price they had in store is the price. I told her then that the information on the website is misleading and it clearly said "in store only" and I've even showed her the freaking ad. Anyways, she said "sorry, we can't do anything about it." At the end, I told her "it doesn't help me that you're sorry," and I've left the place. Also, I gave a call to target's district office and they told me that the $99.99 price would be available on December... Guess I have to wait 'till then to get a DS :/

stuffedmonkey
11-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Checking this out from another forum or two... It is indeed a mispring but Target corporate has instructed people to honor it *if* you bring in the catalog. If you are looking around - it is the December catalog and has a green cover.

Thanks for your e-mail about The Nintenedo Dual Screen in the 2005 Holiday Catalog. The ad is a misprint, as the price in the system should be $129.99. However, Target is honoring the ad price of $99.99 if you are able to bring in a copy of the catalog. If you have any trouble at the store, have them call us at (800) 440-0680 and we will be able to assist you then. Keep in mind the catalog price expires on December 12th, 2005.

We always welcome your questions, so if we can assist you in the future, please contact our Target Guest Relations team at (800) 440-0680. You can also speak with a team member at the Guest Services Desk at your local Target store, or visit us on Target.com. Either way, we’re here to help!

Thanks for shopping with us. I hope we’ll see you again soon at Target.

studvicious
11-25-2005, 04:52 PM
must-find-a-catalog :eek 2:

boozi2
11-25-2005, 09:11 PM
must-find-a-catalog :eek 2:
Seconds that :-P

Rev. Link
11-25-2005, 10:49 PM
Where do you get those catalogs? I looked in my paper today and didn't find any Target ads.

boozi2
11-26-2005, 01:47 AM
Where do you get those catalogs? I looked in my paper today and didn't find any Target ads.
Try to go to one of their stores at Dec. 1st and ask one of their employees :D

norkusa
11-26-2005, 01:10 PM
I need one of these catalogs too. I just sold my DS and now I already want to get another. I'll totally make it worth your while if you could hook me up.

boozi2
11-26-2005, 01:27 PM
I need one of these catalogs too. I just sold my DS and now I already want to get another. I'll totally make it worth your while if you could hook me up.
I'll see what I can do, I'm going over to target on the 1st and I'll try to get an extra one :)

johno590
11-26-2005, 03:06 PM
I wish I had 99 dollars to throw at a DS now... I finally played one at a best buy the other day and it was pretty fun.

boozi2
11-26-2005, 03:48 PM
Just bought Mario Kart DS for $28 at target... Only thing left now is to get the system for $99 :D

boozi2
11-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Ugh, I've just gave a call to the number stuffedmonkey provided in his quote. Damn it, they send catalogs out randomly, meaning they don't have it in store.... It's gonna get harder and harder to get a hold of one...

smokexx
11-26-2005, 08:55 PM
we just got our target catalog in the mail today 11-26-05. We have 2 ds's already and not looking to buy another one. I looked at it and on page 24 it has the ds at 99.99. I am thinking about sending it out to someone on here that could use it. That is kind of a bummer that the catalog is not available at the store for everyone

boozi2
11-26-2005, 11:34 PM
Hmmm.... Maybe you can send it to someone and that someone will send it to another person here... You know, so everyone could share it LOL Anyways, the woman in the guest relations told me that more catalogs will be sent out on the 28th of Nov.... Hopefully, some of us will get it....

smokexx
11-27-2005, 07:28 AM
good idea boozi2. If I would put it in a bubble wrapper how much would it cost to ship I wonder or would it just take a 37 cent stamp. If all it costs is a bubble wrapper and a stamp then you will be the first person I send it to. I just checked target.com and they have this catalog on there with the ds being listed as 99.99 in store only. So maybe most of you guys can just walk into the store and say that you saw it on the website flyer. But who knows

boozi2
11-27-2005, 09:38 AM
good idea boozi2. If I would put it in a bubble wrapper how much would it cost to ship I wonder or would it just take a 37 cent stamp. If all it costs is a bubble wrapper and a stamp then you will be the first person I send it to. I just checked target.com and they have this catalog on there with the ds being listed as 99.99 in store only. So maybe most of you guys can just walk into the store and say that you saw it on the website flyer. But who knows
Tried that.... Didn't work :/ And thanks a lot :)

Icarus Moonsight
11-28-2005, 12:23 AM
Dang... we got four of them catalogs in the mail over two weeks ago. I thought it was a misprint when first I saw it. We did ask about the $99.99 DS (without the catalog) and told the people working there that it was an ad price. They knew absolutely nothing about it... after talking with the mgr. they told us "Bring in the ad and we'll honor it." Guess you have to show them in print to make 'em give 'em up. LOL

On the otherhand, I wouldn't judge them too harshly if they won't adjust it either... to be fair the small print in the ad states that they're not liable to the ads in the event of a typographical error. But until corp deems the ad price a typo, and announces or posts it as such, let the people have the DS at $100 would ya?

norkusa
11-28-2005, 01:01 AM
Can anyone with a catalog in front of them confirm the end date on the sale? I know in that email from Target, they said that the catalog prices are good 'till December 12th but someone over at CAG with the catalog said the date says December 5th. Which one is it?

boozi2
11-28-2005, 11:18 AM
Dang... we got four of them catalogs in the mail over two weeks ago. I thought it was a misprint when first I saw it. We did ask about the $99.99 DS (without the catalog) and told the people working there that it was an ad price. They knew absolutely nothing about it... after talking with the mgr. they told us "Bring in the ad and we'll honor it." Guess you have to show them in print to make 'em give 'em up. LOL

On the otherhand, I wouldn't judge them too harshly if they won't adjust it either... to be fair the small print in the ad states that they're not liable to the ads in the event of a typographical error. But until corp deems the ad price a typo, and announces or posts it as such, let the people have the DS at $100 would ya?
Do you still have those catalogs by any chance?

JB Lars
11-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Thought I 'd throw in some anecdotal fuel to this fire. My boss wanted to get a DS for his fiancee for Xmas, so I pointed him to this. We printed out the relevant page from Target's online catalog as well as the Joystiq article mentioning their corporate stance on the typo. Armed with such, he fought his way to the GM of two separate Target stores, and got told to pound sand at both. He called me pissed off, wondering what he might be able to do to convince them. "See if Circuit City will price-match the catalog page", I said. He did. They did. And they all lived happily ever after.

stuffedmonkey
11-28-2005, 01:07 PM
Using the printout - my coworker was able to get a blue DS from a Target in northern VA. I am waiting to try my luck untill I get the catalog in hand. they had sent us the november one - so the december one should be here soon. I had actually gotten a DS from there two days before starting this thread, so I am going back to target to get them to get a partial refund. From reading thier policies it appears I have 14 days to do this...

philosophyst
11-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Can anyone with a catalog in front of them confirm the end date on the sale? I know in that email from Target, they said that the catalog prices are good 'till December 12th but someone over at CAG with the catalog said the date says December 5th. Which one is it?

I just received a Target catalog today and on the back cover in small print, it states:

"Prices in this catalog are good through 12/5/05"

Then again, as someone has already pointed out, it says something about errors being subject to correction and Target shall have no liability of any kind for such errors.

boozi2
11-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Alright, I got the catalog today from Target. The one I'm supposed to get from smokexx will be send to norkusa and he'll send it to someone else, that's if I 'm getting one from smokexx :D

boozi2
11-29-2005, 11:13 AM
Just got back from Circuit City. They price matched it :D The target I went to only had the bundled version of the DS. Alright, norkusa, the catalog is heading your way 8-)

norkusa
11-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Just got back from Circuit City. They price matched it :D The target I went to only had the bundled version of the DS. Alright, norkusa, the catalog is heading your way 8-)

Awesome! I owe you one, boozi.

So, who gets it next? ;)

zektor
11-30-2005, 12:33 AM
I really need a copy of the catalog. I purchased a DS only a few days ago at Target, for $130. I need one to price match. Anyone want to help?

norkusa
11-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Okay, zektor gets it next. I'm shipping it out to him after I get it. Anyone that wants it after him should let him know.

I'm going to make a scan of the catalog page and post it here after I get it (should be Thursday or Friday). I hear some stores are accepting print-out's of the ad, so it's worth a try for anyone interested in a cheap DS.

Chronodriftersx
11-30-2005, 06:00 PM
I was considering getting one there but I'll wait a while and get one of the JPN colors.