PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat Armageddon

njiska
01-13-2006, 06:35 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/01/13/mortal-kombat-armageddon-to-feature-every-kombatant-ever/

All Kombatants in one game. Oh my this should be good.

Now if only they'd fix it's horribly jagged fighting system. :(

segagamer4life
01-13-2006, 06:50 PM
sick news... sweeeeeeeet... can't wait for this, too bad no 360.... :)

keiblerfan69
01-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Finally a good MK game.

Bleetness
01-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Air combos....-_- Btw I hear this game will be horrible because it has too much characters. I mean look at MVC2. 52 characters...Only 5 can really be used to survive :'( Unless you have skill like me ;) Yay hayato/hulk!

njiska
01-13-2006, 07:12 PM

It's an Xbox/PS2 game. Oddly an Xbox PS2 game coming on in the fall.

keiblerfan69
01-13-2006, 07:19 PM

It's an Xbox/PS2 game. Oddly an Xbox PS2 game coming on in the fall.

I think it will one of the only XBOX games besides EA and 2k sports games.

MarkMan
01-13-2006, 07:34 PM
I really hope the game system is nowhere near as broken as the craptacular MK: Deception game... I hope they try to rebuild it from the ground out.

It was just too cheesy and too easy to win if you knew the cheap stuff.

Lothars
01-13-2006, 07:47 PM
MK: Deception wasn't that bad it's not as bad as you say

I think it's gonna be pretty good this game but Im not sure

the whole lot of characters is definitly a high point for me.

Mr.FoodMonster
01-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Oh man. This can't not be good!

pragmatic insanester
01-13-2006, 08:31 PM
60 characters is nothing. Tobal 2 had 100+ (ok, some were pretty shallow, but it was a ps1 . limited technology)

pacmanhat
01-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Btw I hear this game will be horrible because it has too much characters.

While I'm also concerned that a roster that large would make balancing extremely difficult, I don't think that will make the game 'horrible'. If they make the gameplay bad, THEN the game will be horrible (though the gameplay is something I had no problem at all with in the previous 2 games, or even MK4 for that matter). Besides, one of the biggest points of a huge fighter like this is the possibilities and the matchups. This is a salute to the fans...something every MK lover has been wanting for a long time.

I can't wait for this...I figured it would probably be only a matter of time before another MK Trilogy-esque thing was made. I think I'm most intrigued by the Kreation mode. If it's better than Soul Calibur III's, I'll be a happy camper.

DTJAAAAMJSLM
01-14-2006, 02:54 AM
A revamped MK Trilogy is just what I needed! I hope Motaro manages to make it into the game...

pacmanhat
01-14-2006, 02:59 AM
The more I think about it, I can definitely see why Midway wouldn't want to include Motaro. Even with 60+ characters, they'll all have a very similar bone and muscle structure. 2 legs, an even number of arms and so on. Motaro would require a completely different set of...well, pretty much everything. I'd like to see him in there for the sake of completeness, but I can definitely understand if they decide against it.

MarkMan
01-14-2006, 04:39 AM
MK: Deception wasn't that bad it's not as bad as you say

I think it's gonna be pretty good this game but Im not sure

the whole lot of characters is definitly a high point for me.

Trust me the game was bad. When the game first came out a bunch of guys online figured out some of the cheapest stuff ever... Bo Rai Cho, Smoke, Dairou... just too broken. Eventually some of that changed but overall it's still those 3 that are among the best characters...

I mean come on? Infinites, free throw loops, unblockable 100% setup juggles. If that's not bad I don't know what is.

I mean if you play the game with ppl that also don't know how to play the game to it's full potential, I can see how it's fun. But from where I've been. The game isn't that fun. It literally took my friends and I a few days to be ranked #1-10 on the PS2 ranking list when the game was out the first 2 months. Same with the XBL version.

This is one of the rare cases where I say the PS2 online service was superior to the XBL one. The XBL one just took forever to find a match.

-----

Back to Armageddon. I hope they take some more from Shaolin Monks to the VS side of the game. The actual VS mode in SM was really well done, and if implemented in a regular fighting game system I can see it being very fun.

itobandito
01-16-2006, 10:37 AM
I was reading the latest issue of game informer which has a couple page spread about the game and it got me thinking. The MK team states that they really want to stick with this current generation of consoles for this game. I wonder if Midway will make them release it later on like Xbox 360 or something. Maybe they would add an additional charcter then like Motaro. Kinda like what they did with the gamecube version when they added Goro and Shao Kahn to MK Deception.

pacmanhat
01-16-2006, 02:28 PM
I was reading the latest issue of game informer which has a couple page spread about the game and it got me thinking. The MK team states that they really want to stick with this current generation of consoles for this game. I wonder if Midway will make them release it later on like Xbox 360 or something. Maybe they would add an additional charcter then like Motaro. Kinda like what they did with the gamecube version when they added Goro and Shao Kahn to MK Deception.

I doubt it. Porting something from the Xbox to the 360 is MUCH more difficult than porting the same game to the GameCube.

itobandito
01-16-2006, 02:38 PM

I doubt it. Porting something from the Xbox to the 360 is MUCH more difficult than porting the same game to the GameCube.

True, however I wouldn't put it pass them if they are actually working on a version (not ported) for the 360. Which they probably wouldn't want to announce because they want us to buy the current generation versions. If they announced a next generation version now, more people are less likey to buy the current gen one when a next gen one coming out.

pacmanhat
01-16-2006, 03:10 PM

True, however I wouldn't put it pass them if they are actually working on a version (not ported) for the 360. Which they probably wouldn't want to announce because they want us to buy the current generation versions. If they announced a next generation version now, more people are less likey to buy the current gen one when a next gen one coming out.

I guess I wouldn't put it past them either (even though that wouldn't be a very good use of developers' time). But as the GI article said, they're putting all the characters together for the purpose of closure - so that the next gen consoles will get something really new and different. I'm skeptical that they'd remake their own closure.

itobandito
01-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Yeah I hear that, only time will tell, I being a MK nut would buy both if they came out with it later on a next gen system.

Slipdeath
01-16-2006, 04:31 PM
They have to include my beautiful Motaro!!!

Streetball 21
01-18-2006, 07:29 PM
Wow that is a lot of fighters. I can imagine how many unlockables will be in the game. As long as Sektor is in the game, which I think he is, I'll be fine.

Jorpho
01-18-2006, 10:04 PM
I wonder if they'll throw in the Earth, Water, and Fire Gods from MK Mythologies, too.

It's a nice thing for the fans, I guess, but my impression is that there's never been an MK game with an engine of the same quality as the likes of Guilty Gear, KoF, SFA, etc.

sabre2922
01-19-2006, 02:13 AM
This will definitely be one of the games I get for my PS2 before I start saving for a PS3 most likely the last current gen game Ill pick up new.

all those classic MK characters in one game X_x

Retsudo
01-19-2006, 10:38 PM
I lost interest in MK after UMK3

njiska
01-19-2006, 11:07 PM

Deadly Alliance brought me back for a bit, but yeah aside from that everything after UMK3 was weak, and even it's console ports were weak.

njiska
01-19-2006, 11:07 PM

Deadly Alliance brought me back for a bit, but yeah aside from that everything after UMK3 was weak, and even it's console ports were weak.

pacmanhat
01-20-2006, 12:25 AM

I still play MKTrilogy on my Saturn from time to time. The load times are pretty god damn awful, but the game is incredible in every other aspect. It'd be arcade perfect if not for those damn load times, really. Was there even an arcade version of MKT?

Jorpho
01-20-2006, 01:04 AM
System16.com (http://www.system16.com/list.php?type=g&search=kombat) says no.

Streetball 21
10-08-2006, 09:27 PM
So, is anyone going to get this game? Or did everyone forget it's coming this week for the PS2?

I think it will be good. I know some people will think of this game as a re-hash of MK Deception with more characters. The konquest mode looks interesting.

segagamer4life
10-08-2006, 09:45 PM
I am renting the xbox version from gamefly.... live support..sweet

pacmanhat
10-09-2006, 05:19 PM
As a sucker for system continuity, I'm pissed that the special edition isn't available on Xbox (and, appearantly, the Xbox version isn't even out this week). I will definitely be getting it in one way or another, though.

kai123
10-10-2006, 12:51 AM
Gamespot gave it a 7 out of 10. Not too bad, but not what I was hoping for. I might rent it, and wait for it to drop in price.

segagamer4life
10-10-2006, 08:42 AM
As a sucker for system continuity, I'm pissed that the special edition isn't available on Xbox (and, appearantly, the Xbox version isn't even out this week). I will definitely be getting it in one way or another, though.

I thought they were all comming out on the same day, tomorrow or thursday. I agree with the non continuity with the limited edition, why does the xbox get the shaft..... oh well... has anyone else heard that this will be the last MK?

The Shawn
10-10-2006, 09:53 AM
Well IMageddon Armegedon LOL ..... :embarrassed:

Anyway's I think the game looks phenomenol! Every player from EVERY game. Sounds good to me!

On a side note. The only games that I thought were sucky was MK4 and Shaolin Monks.I learned to play with MK2 and UMK3 on a crusty sega 3 button :D And the hours at the Arcade on the original.(The last true arcade game in my book)

It does suck about the collectors edition only on PS2 though.

When was the X-box version coming out? A couple a weeks after the PS2 right?

segagamer4life
10-10-2006, 10:00 AM
no the xbox version is set to ship tomorrow, whereas the ps2 version shipped today, so they are comming out this week, the PSP version was pushed back till november.

Neo Rasa
10-10-2006, 01:26 PM
I don't know who told you that, as for the past couple of days XBox MK Armageddon's been set to ship on the sixteenth for Gamestop/EBGames.

Also anyone that wanted the "Kollector's" Edition, get it now, we got EXACTLY enough to cover our reserves on it. Kind of a shock as usually there's always a few extra special editions (or in the case of Mech Assault 2, ONLY special editions).

segagamer4life
10-10-2006, 03:08 PM
your right, I have heard 4 different dates for the xbox version, but my gamestop had just enough of the collectors editions, does anyone know if it comes with UMK3 or MK3, the gamestop site says it includes the playable MK3, but bestbuy.com claims it has the UMK3 version, anyone?

pacmanhat
10-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Midway says UMK3. If this wasn't XBLA bound, I'd be more likely to pick up the PS2 Kollector's Edition.

segagamer4life
10-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Midway says UMK3. If this wasn't XBLA bound, I'd be more likely to pick up the PS2 Kollector's Edition.

thanks, I was thinking the same thing, later this year I will have it for the 360.... I am sticking with the xbox version, whenever the hell that comes out.

pacmanhat
10-10-2006, 04:16 PM

thanks, I was thinking the same thing, later this year I will have it for the 360.... I am sticking with the xbox version, whenever the hell that comes out.

EB and GameStop's SKUs updated today to say that the Xbox version WILL come out this week. Provided that's accurate, I am a happy, happy camper.

Lothars
10-11-2006, 03:41 AM

I can't wait I get it tomorrow, I am getting the collectors edition as well

even though UMK3 is coming out on the XBLA I still don't mind getting a disc copy but if MKA on xbox becomes backword's compatible than I will pick that one up as well.

The Shawn
10-11-2006, 08:26 AM
I'm sure it'll be backwards compatible. Prob. be on the next system disk that Microsoft put's out anyway's.

segagamer4life
10-11-2006, 01:16 PM
I picked up the ps2 Kollectors ed. yesterday, the game is sweet... the kart racing, is fun, yet limited to 8 tracks, but not HORRIBLE... there are tons of great arenas and about 12 or so that you need to buy via the Krypt... this game's only real flaw is the endings are WEAK... you sit there and watch the player do some moves, and text and a voice over, TELL you what happened. Pretty weak for the supposed culmination of the MK saga. Anyway, I haven't tried the konquest mode or online, but so far this is the best next gen mk to date. enjoy.

lordnikon
10-11-2006, 01:28 PM
The removal of Puzzle Kombat and Chess Kombat, as well as the new *create your own fatality* feature really brings down MK Armageddon for me.

I am of the opinion that MK Deception is the better of the two. The parry's and huge character roster in Armageddon is nice, but if I had to pick one or the other, I would go with Deception.

Jorpho
10-11-2006, 01:47 PM
No Puzzle Kombat? I never got a chance to try that myself, but it sounded like a rather clever addition. (There's no clone of it out there yet, is there?)

But there's kart racing?!

Neo Rasa
10-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Puzzle Kombat and Chess Kombat were just Puyo Puyo and Archon. :P

Man Game Crazy still has it shipping on the 16th? Gamestop is flip flopping, dammit.

Supposedly the Kreate a Kharacters used online will be watched by Ed Boon, the best becoming a Live download.

segagamer4life
10-14-2006, 12:20 PM
No Puzzle Kombat? I never got a chance to try that myself, but it sounded like a rather clever addition. (There's no clone of it out there yet, is there?)

But there's kart racing?!

Kart racing yes... and its very fun... haven't tried it yet online but the offline is fun and a good time... 6 or 8 tracks. and 10 or so characters to choose from.

Jorpho
10-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Puzzle Kombat and Chess Kombat were just Puyo Puyo and Archon. :P

Hmm. Doesn't take much to completely change up a game like that, though. (Pac-Attack, Puzzle Fighter, Panic Bomber, and Puyo Puyo are all quite different.)

MarkMan
10-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Wow, as expected, this game is broken lol.

I'd get the PS2 version over Xbox if you like online competition. The Xbox version I've been playin' for awhile, although looks beautiful, I'd rather spend the money on the PS2 version and it's better online interface as well as the option to get the KE with UMK3.

Maybe next time Midway!

Ponyone
10-17-2006, 05:35 AM
I truly hate the kreate a fatality... it takes away from the charm of MK. I liked the characters having their own personal fatalities. Sure, a lot would have the same ending animations (bones, skeletons, heads being lopped off) but they'd still have their own unique fatalities.

Do they still have their own, or is it kreate a fatality only? If so, I won't be playing this for long.

Konquest is kind of fun, but gets very very repetitive and boring.

I like the kreate a kharacter though. I've made my own Jason Voorhees.

jajaja
01-24-2007, 08:03 AM
A Wii version is comming. Ed Boon (creator of Mortal Kombat) shows how the Wii controller works here:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/23/presumably-how-youll-play-mortal-kombat-on-wii/

Personaly i never really been a fan of fighting games since i suck at them hehe, but what do you people think of the way the Wii controller is used in this game? I think it looks too easy.

GrandAmChandler
01-24-2007, 08:37 AM
FYI, Gamestop lowered the prices of new copies of MKA to $19.99 for both PS2 and Xbox.

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?find.y=0&Ntt=mortal+kombat+armageddon&N=60&find=Search&find.x=0&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntk=TitleKeyword

-GAC-

theshizzle3000
01-24-2007, 08:41 PM
A Wii version is comming. Ed Boon (creator of Mortal Kombat) shows how the Wii controller works here:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/23/presumably-how-youll-play-mortal-kombat-on-wii/

Personaly i never really been a fan of fighting games since i suck at them hehe, but what do you people think of the way the Wii controller is used in this game? I think it looks too easy.

Wow it looks so simple.