PDA

View Full Version : Baby wipes - excellent for cleaning!

dreamcaster
02-26-2003, 11:55 PM
I don't know if any of you have used them, but those moist 'Baby Wipes' are perfect for removing dirt, price tags, stickers etc. from the exterior of consoles and cartridges.

Whatever chemicals are in them, they get rid of stickers, and sticker residue with ease - without eating into the plastic. I find stuff such as window cleaner to be quite harsh to plastic.

If you're careful, you can also use these wipes to clean CDs!

Bratwurst
02-27-2003, 12:11 AM
I've recently had good results with an acid brush and electronics cleaning alchohol. Doesn't leave cotton strands like swabs and the bristles really bust up that dirt..

chadtower
03-12-2003, 02:18 PM
Whatever chemicals are in them, they get rid of stickers, and sticker residue with ease - without eating into the plastic.

You're surprised that something you would use to wipe a newborn baby is not going to harm consumer plastic? Geez! What would you wipe your kids with?

bargora
03-12-2003, 02:55 PM
So does CD cleaner work on newborns?

Bratwurst
03-12-2003, 02:59 PM
I clean my babies the old fashioned way: dipping them into meat grinders!

YoshiM
03-13-2003, 12:25 PM
I think you'd better be careful of what lotions and such are in a baby wipe when cleaning CDs.

I've never tried it. I didn't think the wipes would be up to the challenge of rental stickers and what not.

Chlorox wipes are pretty good (though not for cleaning babies or hands). Again, I haven't tried them on stickers but for general dirt removal they are pretty good. And you just toss them away when you are done.

bargora
03-13-2003, 01:04 PM
I clean my babies the old fashioned way: dipping them into meat grinders!
YES IT IS TIME TO GO TO THE SAUSAGE FACTORY

hamburgler
03-19-2003, 07:28 PM
Baby wipes on video games.that's nut's @_@ @_@ @_@ @_@ @_@

kainemaxwell
03-19-2003, 07:44 PM
Baby wipes on video games.that's nut's @_@ @_@ @_@ @_@ @_@
The important thing is if it works, keep doing it even if it sounds weird.

chadtower
03-20-2003, 10:16 AM
Especially to folks like me who happen to have a large supply of them on hand.

den68
03-26-2003, 03:51 PM
hmmm. baby wipes. sounds interesting although I see the day when my wife goes to change a diaper and has no wipes because I used them all cleaning Atari carts.

TROUBLE!