PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Lego Starwars

Zenitram
09-12-2006, 02:29 PM
The commercials for the second game look really cool and I was thinking about picking up the first. A friend was telling me that it was to short and linear. Is it still worth it? Exactly how long is it? And who do you get to play as?

Thanks in advance.

Lothars
09-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Well I like the game, it's fun

especially if you have friends to play with you

I don't know how long it is

maybe 5 hours or a little longer, it's not long but it's so fun

I would recommend it and than eventually picking up the new Lego star wars as well. :)

Gapporin
09-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Is it still worth it?

It is pretty linear. It depends if you like those type of games or not. It's no different than say, an arcade game, with each level posing a different area and objective to complete. Not all of it is platforming, either.

Exactly how long is it?

Dunno for sure, but I would say it's longer than 5 hours. You can play through each of the Episode I-III movies. I'd say maybe 10 hours at the maximum.

And who do you get to play as?

Everyone. I believe that, once you get them unlocked, there are about 40-50 playable characters, and you can switch them on-the-fly in the middle of a level. Have a character who can easily jump, or better yet, fly over large gaps? Switch over to that character and easily pass the chasm. It gives the game a bit of a "teamwork" feel.

Hope this helps.

PapaStu
09-12-2006, 10:54 PM
The thread is a little old, but the info is still good.
http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57458

The game isn't really very long, but if your a completist, you've got to build up alot of lego bucks to buy all the characters and cheat codes. Once you've done that the game is pretty much over, but i'll be damned if it wasn't witty and fun.