PDA

View Full Version : Sega announces Seaman 2!!!

diskoboy
09-15-2006, 03:23 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/15/seaman-2-unearthed-for-japanese-ps2-owners/

If Sega is smart (which they're not) they'd have thought this would've been a natural for the Xbox 1 or 360 because of all the MS consoles who have XBL mics that hardly ever get used.

And most ex-sega fanboys that I know all migrated to MS's consoles after Sega died.

jcalder8
09-15-2006, 03:56 PM
And most ex-sega fanboys that I know all migrated to MS's consoles after Sega died.
This is true for me I haven't owned a PS anything since Sony killed my beloved dreamcast :(

diskoboy
09-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This is true for me I haven't owned a PS anything since Sony killed my beloved dreamcast :(

Even the DS would've been better suited than than the PS2. With any luck, Sega will re-consider platforms when they release it elsewhere.

Xizer
09-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Why are you surprised?

We all know Sega isn't smart. They're a company that is famously anti-money.

Instead of releasing games on platforms that will obviously get them more sales, they instead release it for the platform that will get the least sales.

I think they're doing it on purpose.

diskoboy
09-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Why are you surprised?

Instead of releasing games on platforms that will obviously get them more sales, they instead release it for the platform that will get the least sales.

I think they're doing it on purpose.

I guess I really wasn't surprised. Sega is just feeding the beast that killed them.

I just don't understand the logic of wanting to waste money on desigining a controller simply for having a microphone, then there are 2 systems that already have them in droves. One is even built into the system itself!

Sega of Japan needs to have their heads checked.

kainemaxwell
09-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Anyone think Seaman could be fun on the Wii?

heyricochet
09-16-2006, 12:53 AM

If Sega is smart (which they're not) they'd have thought this would've been a natural for the Xbox 1 or 360 because of all the MS consoles who have XBL mics that hardly ever get used.

You also have to take into effect that this is Japan, where they sold about 3 xboxes.

AMG
09-16-2006, 12:56 AM
I'll definitely be buying this game. 8-)

Daniel Thomas
09-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Anyone think Seaman could be fun on the Wii?

Huh-huh-huh, huh-huh-huh, huh-huh-huh.

That just sounds wrong.

Emuaust
09-16-2006, 11:42 PM
If i was sega why the fck would i release a game on a console(Xbox/360)
that has no fan base or instaled user base in the country that
I will sell the most of?

Seems like this is a pretty easy descion, Sega will make more
money selling this on the ps2 in japan, looks like a no brainer
to me, or just another anti sony rant.................... :roll:

JWKobayashi
09-18-2006, 10:59 AM
I'm just irritated that they aren't putting this out on the DS. Like a previous poster said, the system has a mic built in! That coupled with the touch mechanics (instead of using a cursor) and enormous popularity in Japan, seems to make the DS a no-brainer.

That being said, I'll still buy it on the PS2 if they release it in America. What are the chances that they'll bring back Leonard Nimoy? :D

Oobgarm
09-18-2006, 11:30 AM
I will sell the most of?

:cheers:

cyberfluxor
09-18-2006, 11:58 AM
I'd be upset along with a lot of others if they didn't release something on the DS. There's just so much that can be done!

Leonard Nimoy is awesome.

theshizzle3000
09-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Here is a serious question has any been bothered by the fact that the game was called seaman it sounded kinda perverted to me

Sothy
09-21-2006, 08:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPp0g0A_6x8

Gameplay footage for seaman 2. Looks interesting.

GaijinPunch
09-26-2006, 11:00 PM
360? Xbox? They want to actually sell the game in Japan. Besides, even in the US, the PS2 will sell more copies. They are making the right economical choice...even though they don't always.

Kamisama
09-27-2006, 05:21 AM

hah i didn't

still interesting news. Want to see it!

j_factor
09-29-2006, 01:53 AM
Seaman was already on PS2 in Japan... so perhaps that's why they're doing PS2 again, because they already have the PS2 mic out and etc.

But I don't think they've made "the right economical choice". DS software sales are topping PS2 software sales, at least in Japan. Plus it just seems more suited to the DS market (and the system itself).

whoisKeel
04-03-2007, 09:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPp0g0A_6x8

Gameplay footage for seaman 2. Looks interesting.

...why?

Lothars
04-04-2007, 12:00 AM
I will sell the most of?

I agree 100%, it makes perfect sense to release it on the PS2 in Japan

attilathehun
04-04-2007, 02:30 AM

And most ex-sega fanboys that I know all migrated to MS's consoles after Sega died.Naw not me. After the third party bail with the saturn I bought a ps and later ps2. But I still play alot my sega systems.

The original xbox modded out is supposed to of been a emulator's wet dream. Unfortunately didn't have that luck with my ps and ps2. The DC model has some fun emus.

If sega didn't do the genny add-ons and fuck up the original saturn design and launch date. They would be still around in second place to sony ofcourse.

Some day though if I live long enough I'm getting a 360.

Why are you surprised?

I think they're doing it on purpose.Sega does not sit in the chair Sammy does.