PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero to go multi-platform!

business
09-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Activision has confirmed that it will bring hit music title Guitar Hero to multiple formats in 2007.

Activision has confirmed that it will bring hit music title Guitar Hero to multiple formats in 2007.

Speaking at Goldman Sachs Communacopia XV Conference, CEO and chairman of Activision Robert Kotick revealed the news as part of his keynote speech.

Kotick confirmed that Guitar Hero would appear "on every significant new format", while discussing intentions for yearly updates and building franchises across a number of key Activision titles.

The revelation comes in the same week that employees of retail chain Gamestation were reportedly informed that the game would appear on Xbox 360 in the first part of 2007. Activision's Guitar Hero-publishing subsidiary RedOctane has declined to comment on the matter.

Guitar Hero II for the PlayStation 2 is due for release in November.
Related Articles

Xbox Live guitar battles, anyone? :)

Damaniel
09-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Xbox Live guitar battles, anyone? :)

And song packs via Live Marketplace?

All they need to do is make sure the guitar controller is wireless and I'll be all set. It will be much easier to jump off the furniture if I'm not getting tripped up by the cord... ;)

njiska
09-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Hail Satan. For only he could've brought about such great news.

Sothy
09-20-2006, 07:01 PM
I might finally pick it up.

AMG
09-20-2006, 08:36 PM
That's some good news, now even more people will be able to play these great games.

Mr.FoodMonster
09-20-2006, 11:14 PM
I swear to god if they've got more than one or two exlusive songs for each system I'm going to have to go out and buy a 360 in addition to my Wii. But no way am I buying a PS3, sorry.

So, a Guitar controller for Wii will be intresting. Would they just make it wireless or plug into the Wiimote and stick it in a slot at the bottom or what?

DigitalSpace
09-21-2006, 03:01 AM
Awesome news. I can just imagine the things this could lead to on Xbox live. Downloadable songs, online guitar battles... :rocker:

s1lence
09-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Sounds pretty sweet to me, I'd be game for a 360 version.

hezeuschrist
09-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Downloadable songs? Yes please. Online guitar battles? No thanks. Xbox live simply hasn't given me faith that a game based entirely on metronome timing would be playable.

Sothy
09-23-2006, 04:04 PM
Downloadable songs? Yes please.

Sir we finished Guitar Heroes. It comes with 300 songs and Is ready to ship.

"Wait! Guitar Heroes comes with 200 songs.... But later you can buy the other 100 songs for $1.99 each MWAHAHAHAHAH!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

"MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAA"

Make me a sandwich.