PDA

View Full Version : Companyof Heroes E3 Promotional Map

geneshifter
09-28-2006, 08:25 PM
I just have to share this one.

I bought the collector's edition of CoH 2 weeks ago and I was disappointed at the map included. I'm a sucker for a good map and this one was horrible.

Well, someone just happened to be selling an E3 promotional map for the game on ebay, I have never heard of such a thing and I was able to get it for $5. It is a lot better of a map and more along the lines of what I was expecting in the CE package:

http://imageigloo.com/images/6700DSC02132.jpg

Why do so many CE of games suck so bad? I bought the Prey CE for 360 when it came out and I returned it because it was so not worth it. It seems to me that the trend has been getting worse. Maybe it's just me but I still want lots of cool goodies with my games :D

Sothy
09-28-2006, 11:29 PM
ya dude free bonus stuff is awesome. Also its a good idea for a company since it helps bond the person to the game world with something tangible. Like the oblivion set that came with a replica of one of the coins you use in game.

Hell I picked up an old Dos Space Quest game today and inside the box it still had the Robo shack discount coupons or whatever hehe people need to do stuff like that more.

rbudrick
09-29-2006, 10:30 AM
people need to do stuff like that more.

It'd be nice. One of the things in the way of this is that Wal-Mart has stricly regulated the shape of software/game boxes, making it very difficult for companies to put too many extras in their boxes anymore.

Way to stifle innovation in packaging, Wal Mart! I'm so sure their bottom lines would suffer if companies were allowed to have more stand-out boxes. :roll: But instead of having more products that catch your eye and would therefore potentially sell better, Vanilla Generica is their strategy, which I am really not convinced helps them earn more money.

-Rob

jajaja
09-29-2006, 10:35 AM
How does the E3 map look? CoH is a nice game, but i found it hard to control the units. Its not like C&C i.e.

I miss the days with the bigbox games with alot extra stuff like commericials etc.